It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloody new photo of Trayvon Martin's killer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Trustfund

Actually, I do believe white people are more commonly serial killers. There are of course exceptions, but serial killers tend to be white. Please don't try to bring the race card to the thread. It doesn't work as no part of this case was race related.

Actually, that's a myth. In areas with more whites, there will be more white serial killers, but hey come in all colors, and have for as long as we have history. Yes, I am sure - took a really FUN class on the subject. There are tons of black serial killers; the media simply doesn't talk about them as much. Really a disservice to that community, though, since most (not all; there are always exceptions) serial killer choose victims of the same race. In that class we did videos on various killers, and one black student did hers on several of the black ones. She was annoyed that they were never mentioned. Serial killers are usually male, though. That's not a myth.

In any case, the race card he's playing is the reason this case has gone where it has. Had that teen been white, most people would never have heard of the case, and Mr, Zimmerman would never have been charged. Certainly, race had nothing to do with why the teen was shot.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merinda
He isnt a cold blooded murdered, like somebody whom kills for fun. But after alerting the autorities he did not back down when he was told to do so. Maybe he confronted Martin when it was no buisness of his own and alceration ensued that could have ended either way. What if Martin would have been smart enough to carry a gun and the man whom confronted him was shot dead instead?

I understand intervening when somebody is climbing through a window, but he was on the street, he was not a cop he should have not confronted him. He might not be racist or anything like that, but his actions led to the dead of a wannabe poser gangster with no criminal record to speak of.
edit on 4-12-2012 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

He did call the police though before hand and after. So I really don't see how it could be considered premeditated. The other thing, is it's stated that Martin was approaching the car, then started running. Which, is suspicious (?), although Martin may have felt like he was being followed so that could have also been the case (running to get away).

If that behaviour is what led Zimmerman to chase him however, it shows that him running cause Zimmerman to chase so he didn't get away, or so he could speak to him.

Now... Since genius Martin like posting "Thug Life" comments on his twitter, and he wanted to play the part of a badass. I'm going to hazard to guess that was insecure in feeling like the authorities were constantly on him. (Also given his recent suspension and his use of prohibited drugs.) (Also, did he steal the stuff he had from the store?) Unfortunately, his twitter posts raise all these questions about him. If he was posting about prosocial activities, people wouldn't have the impression they have of him. And you can be a hip hop-rap fan without glorifying drugs, violence and other crimes.

Given his attitudes, this means him running might have been cause he thought Zimmerman was a police officer.

In other words, his behaviour helped unfurl the events that took place. I'm not excusing Zimmerman for being a wanna-be-super-hero, just simply pointing out that the two of them together is a perfect mix for something bad to happen.

The parents of Martin should have straightened him up a bit. I know kids want to express themselves, but the whole "I'm a rap-thug-superstar" is getting old and played out. I read his twitter posts, I'm not stupid. When I was young the hip hop scene was just being birthed, and I thought to myself, "How the heck can those kids speak to adults like that..."

(Mind you, I'm not talking actual artists of the music genre here, I'm speaking about the kids imitating something they don't even understand, and getting it wrong...)

When I walked down unfamiliar neighbourhoods though, I knew exactly how to speak to people and suspicion of doing something wrong was the least of my problems. (And I wasn't exactly and angel either...) But I did know how show respect.
edit on 4-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by Trustfund
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I'm not brainwashed by any media, I don't even watch the MSM.

Trayvon was 17 years old, he was a kid and still in high school. I could careless what he looked like, age is all that matters.

Everyone with common sense knows that Trayvon came after Zimmerman, and died near his front door despite having plenty of time to make it home.

lol, common sense? Really? Were you there? Talk about being brainwashed.

And I would come after Zimmerman after he got out his car and approached me too. That is creepy as hell... Not really trying to get robbed or Jeffery Dahmered.

Zimmerman tried to play batman and failed, he murdered a completely innocent un-armed kid because he couldn't mind his own business.

That "completely innocent kid" attacked Mr, Zimmerman, and was pounding his head in to the ground. The same kid was suspended three times, for drug items, burglary tools, defacing school property. He was probably casing houses, just like Mr. Zimmerman reported. I know my teen, if coming back from the store in the rain, would not be hanging around, acting all suspicious. That kid also was GONE, clear in the 911 call, and had to have come back to attack. Self defense isn't murder, and youth isn't a valid excuse for attacking someone on the street. The very fact that his dad assumed he was not home because he was in trouble (the next DAY, not that night) speaks volumes. If MY kid didn't come back from the store the same night, I would be out looking then.

When is was 17, I was an infantryman in the Marines and carried a M16A2 for Uncle Sam. A 17 year old can kill someone just as easy as an 18 year old. The age is not relavant--size and behavior are.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Any of you white people, try walking around at night in Harlem or Overtown or any black neighborhoods late at night, hoody or not.

Let me know how long you live.

Dats raciss!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by Domo1
For all the people that are going to descend on this thread and say Zimmerman acted as the aggressor, following someone is not illegal,

How do you know he was merely following Trayvon? This is what Zimmerman claims.

Neither of those things warrants physical assault,

Threats warrant physical assault in my books. What's more, there's no evidence to point to whether Trayvon actually started the physical assault, only Zimmerman's claim that Trayvon did.

Zimmerman made some poor choices,

Yes he did, he decided to play police officer that night and he ended up with his face all over national television. He should have stayed put in his truck, but he chose to pursue this matter with an armed gun at the ready. He knew exactly what he was getting himself into and he has himself to blame.

Balderdash! There is plenty of evidence showing that Martin was the aggressor, including at least one eyewitness. Plus, if you say a simple threat (imagined in this case) warrants an assault, then attacking someone and bashing their head on the ground surely calls for a gunshot. Plus, Mr. Zimmerman lived in that neighborhood. he had every right to get out of his truck, and walk wherever he wanted, and some punk teen casing homes, visiting one parent because he was suspended from school, had no right to attack him for doing so. Martin knew exactly what he was doing, and he got what he asked for. He should have walked home, instead of jumping someone.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I know my teen, if coming back from the store in the rain, would not be hanging around, acting all suspicious.

If it was raining, I'd be offering to drive my kid to the store. I wonder if his parents did? Or would he rather go out in the rain because it provides good cover to case out places for burglary at a later time...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Any of you white people, try walking around at night in Harlem or Overtown or any black neighborhoods late at night, hoody or not.

Let me know how long you live.

Dats raciss!

Why, do they have neighbourhood watch programs in those places too?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
reply to post by WP4YT

You have no clue who attacked who first.

Actually, we do have a clue. More than one. There were no wounds to Martin other than the gunshot and maybe some knuckle bruising. Zimmerman had a busted nose and a bloody head. I don't think you can convince anyone that Martin somehow beat up Zimmerman after he was shot. That's a pretty good clue, right there.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Merinda

Actually it was when Zimmerman was out of his car on the phone trying to give an accurate location to the dispatcher i.e. street signs, it was only then that the dispatcher told him that they did not need him out of the car doing so. He was never ordered not to follow besides that a dispatcher does not have the authority to give such an order. At that point he headed back to his car and that is when Martin confronted him. Zimmerman never disobeyed the authorities and complied with their request to not follow any further.

There is so much misinformation floating around on the internet about this case especially on these forums. The dispatch tapes and the written report is available if you look on the web and if you look at or listen to the recordings it is very hard to come to the conclusion that it was anything but self-defense.

The portrayal of Zimmerman is far from accurate in my opinion. I do not know Zimmerman or have any inside information but I live very close to where the incident happened and know the area well. On the recordings Zimmerman also described at the very beginning where Martin was ducking on and off of private property beside homes which the police theorize he was looking for cover from the rain that day which also would look like someone casing homes.

Edit to add

In my opinion Zimmerman was trying to do the right thing and because the media miss portrayed this incident because it was a slow news day for ratings turned this case into something it should not have been. I blame the media for irresponsible reporting as to why this has gone as far as it has. From what I understand Zimmerman’s testimony the recordings and his written statement all lined up and he was immediately taken in for questioning for over 5 hours where he repeatedly went over the events and not once did his story change. In my book that says he is telling the truth. Zimmerman was not looking for trouble but he was doing what I would hope a good neighbor would do which is keeping an eye on the neighborhood. He actually did even better which instead of just phoning the police then driving on and saying it’s there problem now he tried to keep an eye on the situation and help the police by accurately giving a location.

The fact is he lost sight of Martin then left his vehicle while on the phone with dispatch to get accurate info on the location which is on the recordings. It was then that dispatch requested he return to his vehicle which he complied and the proof is that where the incident a cured was within 100 feet of his car. Think about this. He lost sight of Martin that mean Martin had to return back to where Zimmerman was. If martin had not decided to confront and attack Zimmerman he would be alive. Martin made the wrong choice. Zimmerman did not get attacked after he shot Martin which shows me he was not out guns blazing playing cop or anything of the type.

Had Martin been found with burglary tools then people would be calling Zimmerman a hero or great neighbor willing to care about his neighborhood. Fact is Martin was acting suspicious in Zimmerman’s neighborhood whether it was because he was actually casing homes or trying to stay dry by trespassing beside homes it wasn’t a smart move on his part. Martin was looking for trouble the second he turned around and returned to where Zimmerman was. The age does not matter to me when I was 17 I was in basic training in the Army so that is no excuse. The race card can’t be played here Zimmerman is Hispanic and has black ancestry. Soon as the media realized this it became a non-story.

I blame the media for irresponsible reporting and Martin for attacking a man.

edit on 4-12-2012 by Grimpachi because: add

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
To all you saying you would attack someone for following you, i hope you have some psycho mistake you for doing the same some day. Four years ago i was driving with my family pulling out of a wall mart parking lot into an intersection. There was a car full of undesirables in the lane next to ours while we waited for the light to turn. While reaching to grab my iced tea i hit the horn by mistake. They began yelling at me for "beepin" at them, and when i tried to explain that i wouldn't beep at a car next to me, they pulled a gun and said "cracka you anna be in deep s...t" i sped off to protect my family. They followed us but gave up pursuit. Cops useless as always but that's another story. The point I'm trying to make is, there's a lot of paranoid people out there. Lot of them might think they are being followed when they are not... Or might think you're "beepin" at them....
edit on 4-12-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

I can't help but notice the slang term they used in talking to you. Gee, what a coincidence. Glad you were able to get away. How did the cops do nothing?????

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
reply to post by WP4YT

Yeah it's not about race for you..that's why you chose to mention tribes in Africa..

What tribe was Trayvon from?

Did you also know that it is white people who are more prone to molest children?

inmates who were convicted of committing violent acts against children were more like to have been white, a percentage of nearly 70%, than any other race.

Characteristics of Offenders Who Violate and Assault Children

So tell me..what does this have to do with anything..NOTHING..same as your tribe comment.

So, the group with the majority has the majority of the crimes....gee, what a surprise....

Fact is, I have seen a lot of cases where blacks abused, or killed, etc. That isn't based on race at all. Try a few links for facts:

woman drives over sidewalk, endangering children on special needs bus

daycare owner causes kids to die in fire, from deliberate neglect and probably deliberate fire

bus attendant strangles special needs child, while bus driver laughs

look for video on this one - suspects are two black kids

So, how about we stop playing the "all blacks are innocent" game, and admit this particular teen was a thug? People of all races commit crimes. Defending someone because of their color, or their age, isn't valid.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren
He should not have followed him. Period. He assumed the role of a police officer. Zimmerman was looking for trouble. He was big man with his big gun and he wanted to shoot someone, anyone to puff himself up. If Zimmerman fears for his life, he shouldn't be out roaming the street with a gun, looking for trouble.

I don't know what the laws are in other parts of the country, but up here, you cannot just follow or pursue someone with intent to subdue them or harass them. It's considered harassment. My ex knows about that, since he went to jail for it.

Why should he not have followed? First off, the dispatcher is NOT a cop, and cannot order anyone to do, or not do, anything. Second, Mr, Zimmerman LIVED IN that neighborhood, and had every right to walk wherever he wanted, and that includes behind a visiting teen. Third, I walk in my neighborhood, and have ended up behind people quite often. None of them assumed I was a threat, or attacked me. My son and I BOTH in dark hoodies, at least one such occasion. So what? Plus, in the 911 call, Mr, Zimmerman clearly stated that he saw suspicious behavior, and didn't even know at first the race of the person he was following. So that point is totally moot.

Nor was he "looking for trouble". he was trying to watch a burglary suspect. Considering the suspicious kids that were seen in that neighborhood, that fit Martin's general description, a pretty good suspect. Don't forget, either, that martin was caught in possession of burglary tools and jewelry he admitted wasn't his. Wedding rings, etc. You think those were not stolen??

Also, Mr. Zimmerman was not "roaming the streets, looking for trouble". he was driving home from the store, when he spotted a suspicious person. He then called the police, which NO ONE actually looking for trouble would do.

Finally, there is no evidence at all that Mr. Zimmerman intended to harass or subdue Martin. He was trying, as the dispatcher seemed to suggest, to keep track of the person's whereabouts until the police arrived. When Martin, who was out of sight (also clear in the 911 call) returned and attacked, everything changed. The mistake that night was made by a punk attacking the wrong person, an armed one. If MY teen did that, and was shot, it would be his own fault.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If someone stalks me and pulls a gun on me I'd try to disarm them too. Bloody nose wouldn't be surprise from that.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc[/i

When is was 17, I was an infantryman in the Marines and carried a M16A2 for Uncle Sam. A 17 year old can kill someone just as easy as an 18 year old. The age is not relevant--size and behavior are.

Exactly! I went into the Army at 17 myself; turned 18 in basic. The age isn't relevant at all. Size? Yes, and behavior? Oh, yeah! Everything we learned about Martin (that his family tried to hide) showed his attitude. We know he was inclined to criminal actions. Plus, a teen that age can actually look far older. My own did - people at one store here thought he was in his 20's, when he was 16. Of course, if some punk jumps me, and I am armed, I am not worrying about his age before shooting!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

I know my teen, if coming back from the store in the rain, would not be hanging around, acting all suspicious.

If it was raining, I'd be offering to drive my kid to the store. I wonder if his parents did? Or would he rather go out in the rain because it provides good cover to case out places for burglary at a later time...

Me, too! From all I have read, his father wasn't even around that night. He left his son at his girlfriend's place (she's the one that actually lived there), with her young son (that the media tried portraying as Martin's "brother"), and was someplace else. The GF (dad's, not the teen's) wasn't there, either. Yes, Martin did go to the store (seen video), but I can easily believe he would use the rain as a cover. Floridians know how long it can rain, and most don't want to be out in it if they don't have to be. So, we have a teen, already suspended for the third time, and clearly a troublemaker, left alone with a child for the evening. Said teen leaves the child to go to a store, then prowl around the neighborhood in the rain. We know he had burglary tools in the past. So, he's a very good suspect for the burglaries that plagued the area. Zimmerman sees this, and tries to keep tabs, while talking to the 911 dispatcher, and requesting police. When the dispatcher asks if he can see where the kid vanished to, he gets out of his vehicle, and is told by the dispatcher that he doesn't have to follow on foot. he agrees, and heads back to his car. There, unfortunately, the call ends. Then Martin shows back up, confronts Zimmerman, and attacks him. My guess is, he saw an opportunity to eliminate a witness to his behavior.

Even my teen (who was about a year older at the time) agrees that this teen's behavior was not right.

You know, I have wondered all along why his parents didn't do more to try and keep him out of trouble. Now, I have to wonder if one or both of them weren't in the know about the burglaries.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
reply to post by eNumbra

If the fool was old enough to strike the adult he was old enough to know the risk and consequences. I am so tired of people not taking personal responsibility and always finding a excuse. POint is The boy is dead and according to evidence it was self defense. ANd has everyone forgot the break in kit he was holding onto for someone?

What evidence points to self defense? Zimmerman started it he can't claim self defense the only person who could have claimed it was Martin. In fact even the people who wrote the stand your ground law in Florida said he couldn't use that as a defense.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

THEY'RE BAAAAACK!

the Trayvon Threads of Course!

ATS's ONLY exception to the DENY IGNORANCE Rule, brought to you, and all and sundry, as a public service
to demonstrate that bigotry, prejudice, and racism are NEVER seen in the company of Intelligence.

TRUE CONFESSIONS!

"duuuh, at 17 you can be a killer, i was, herp a derp

[and proud of it apparently, as you've just outed yourself
]"

INTOXICATED BABBLE

"Buuuuurp!, trayvons Facebook/Twitter/Myspace show..."

[absolutely irrelevant!, because z-man didn't check those out before, before being a big, bad thug-wannabe-cop]

and SHEER IGNORANCE!

"trayvon was a thug, look he broke thad guys noz"

"Black..." "White..."

[uh, why are you ignoring that Z-man, being on neighborhood watch, was a RESULT of his being on PAROLE,
FOR ASSAULTING A COP,

of course, his daddy, being a judge, had absolutely NOTHING to do with his amazingly lenient, "punishment", anybody else would be in a wheelchair, paraplegic, or suicided by cop, but ignorance never stops to take a breath, thus no oxygen ever reaches those "brain" cells, causing a TOTAL LACK of critical thinking skills
]

and now back to the IGNORANCE on Display!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
If someone stalks me and pulls a gun on me I'd try to disarm them too. Bloody nose wouldn't be surprise from that.

In a case like that I would too but fortunately we know for a FACT that IS NOT what happened.

Martin returned to where Zimmerman was and if hypothetically Zimmerman had his gun already out Martin would have to be one of the dumbest people I have heard of, too then come after and attack an armed man. Let’s assume he is not that dumb in which case it proves Zimmerman did not have his gun out which means Martin then attacked Zimmerman which lead to his death in Florida that is justifiable homicide in self-defense under the stand your ground law.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

You sure do make a lot of assumptions, Show us he was prone to criminal activities.

Show us where he was out on the prowl. How did Zimmerman know any of this...did he stop to look up his facebook page? How did Zimmerman know that this kid was not there for a friend or girlfriend.

You and he are the same...you obviously think that any black kid out late at night is most likely up to good, this is stereotyping.

He knew nothing....and made a decision based on race.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by Domo1
For all the people that are going to descend on this thread and say Zimmerman acted as the aggressor, following someone is not illegal,

How do you know he was merely following Trayvon? This is what Zimmerman claims.

Neither of those things warrants physical assault,

Threats warrant physical assault in my books. What's more, there's no evidence to point to whether Trayvon actually started the physical assault, only Zimmerman's claim that Trayvon did.

Zimmerman made some poor choices,

Yes he did, he decided to play police officer that night and he ended up with his face all over national television. He should have stayed put in his truck, but he chose to pursue this matter with an armed gun at the ready. He knew exactly what he was getting himself into and he has himself to blame.

Balderdash! There is plenty of evidence showing that Martin was the aggressor, including at least one eyewitness. Plus, if you say a simple threat (imagined in this case) warrants an assault, then attacking someone and bashing their head on the ground surely calls for a gunshot. Plus, Mr. Zimmerman lived in that neighborhood. he had every right to get out of his truck, and walk wherever he wanted, and some punk teen casing homes, visiting one parent because he was suspended from school, had no right to attack him for doing so. Martin knew exactly what he was doing, and he got what he asked for. He should have walked home, instead of jumping someone.

So you know Martin was cases houses? Sounds like you think like Zimmerman all blacks are thieves huh? And seeing how Zimmerman was following this kid around like a stalking pedo Martin had every right to jump for self defense.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join