It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloody new photo of Trayvon Martin's killer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
As usual this may have already been posted, but you know.. the search.

Anyway, I hadn't kept up with the Trayvon-Zimmerman case for a while, but I noticed this on Yahoo news and thought it people here especially would be interested. They have released a new color photo of Zimmerman with a busted, bloodied nose from the night he shot Martin. So many people came out to condemn this man, but everything leads to him being attacked and the original victim. The only person that disagrees seems to be one overly liberal/p.c./whatever the word is for her type, woman that lived close to where it went down. I questioned her testimony from the start. The media manipulated everyone into a frenzy and though I bought into it for a bout a day I quickly changed my opinion.

I don't see him being the agressor, having a gun, and recieving this kind of injury. Also, I can't believe this is being taken as far as it has. I think that a lot of people pushed the medias agenda, over reached, and now are following through to save face even though it is violating this man's rights.

ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - A color photograph of George Zimmerman with a bloody, swollen nose taken on the night he shot and killed unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin last February was posted on the Internet on Monday by Zimmerman's legal defense team.

SOURCE
edit on 3-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

+61 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I hope Zimmerman sues the prosecutors and those who tried him in the press for every dime they are worth.

+51 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
So what? I'd punch some dude that got out his car and started stalking me too.

No sympathy for child killers...

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Definitely, they overreached, and he is suffering the consequences of their mistake. They have too much power and someone should have intervened and ended this. That woman needs to lose her job for certain.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
OP, if you believe he is innocent why do you call him a murderer?

Why not call it self defense?

+63 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

You are exactly the type of person I am talking about. Brainwashed by the media.
He wasn't stalking him, that is complete hyperbole. Hyperbole like calling Trayvon a "child" when he was like 4-6 inches taller than Zimmerman and only 25 lbs lighter, not to mention a football player that had ample time to escape to his home. Everyone with common sense knows that Trayvon came after Zimmerman, and died near his front door despite having plenty of time to make it home.

Since when is 17 years old a child? Don't be ridiculous. If Zimmerman had been unarmed and Martin had beaten him to death you would be calling to charge him as an adult (and he would have been too).

+59 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
For all the people that are going to descend on this thread and say Zimmerman acted as the aggressor, following someone is not illegal, neither is asking them what they're doing. Neither of those things warrants physical assault, and it's clear Zimmerman suffered that. The only real question is if he feared for his life, and only he can answer that, and he has. Start banging my head against the ground and I'm going to shoot you too.

Zimmerman made some poor choices, but none of them were illegal.

link   
reply to post by TFCJay

Eh.. just a slip from reading so many articles calling it a murder, now corrected.
It was self defense without doubt.

link   
Interesting.... The real question is... Why now?

Why was this photo withheld for so long?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Oh, it's obvious why, because the prosecution had it. The prosecutors shot themselves in the foot with this case. They know that they overcharged. In the article it says that the defense originally got a grainy black and white copy of this photo, but Zimmerman's lawyer " received the digital image from prosecutors after repeated demands by his office and he posted it Monday on Zimmerman's defense website."

The prosecution didn't want to hand it over because thought it shouldn't, public opinion does help sway a case

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

The social media made this case out to be so important, and it makes me sad.

Alright guys I live right down the street from Memphis,TN.

Now people literally get shot and killed everyday! Kids shooting kids, adults shooting adults, adults killing kids, kids killing adults. It's insane!! I here of a shooting everyday no joke, and it's so sad.

Is it ever reported by social media? No. Our local news covers it and that's about it.

Is it racists crimes being committed? Yes. all the time.

Memphis is so divided it's so crazy. I hate it. I wish we could all just get along!! But Hahahaha that's not going to happen!

Now with this case, it seems they did pull the race card out in hopes of?? What.

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I'm not brainwashed by any media, I don't even watch the MSM.

Trayvon was 17 years old, he was a kid and still in high school. I could careless what he looked like, age is all that matters.

Everyone with common sense knows that Trayvon came after Zimmerman, and died near his front door despite having plenty of time to make it home.

lol, common sense? Really? Were you there? Talk about being brainwashed.

And I would come after Zimmerman after he got out his car and approached me too. That is creepy as hell... Not really trying to get robbed or Jeffery Dahmered.

Zimmerman tried to play batman and failed, he murdered a completely innocent un-armed kid because he couldn't mind his own business.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Our society has become so violent--it's really sad. It makes you wonder about the world and what it is soon to be. But people are always saying things like this...the problem is we never change. It is our nature, it seems.

I haven't personally been so involved in the case, but I have seen a few clips of it on the news. I wish there had been a few witnesses. I would like to know what really and truly went down. Trayvon cannot speak and who knows whether Zuckerman is a liar or what. I personally do not know what to think.

+28 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Age is all that matters? That's insane.
He was an adult, 17 is an adult.

He was physically grown, and mentally enough to know right from wrong. I highly suspect you are tainted by the media because "age is all that matters" is a preposterous excuse, but the only one available to you if you didn' get your opinion from the media because if you looked at the evidence it is self defense.

So you think that becaue you are older you should sacrifice yourself and die at the hands of a teenager because their death would be more of a travesty because they have had a shorter life than you. That is what you are saying to me.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I agree, there are people being shot everyday, but the reason I think this one is interesting is because I despise this trial by media society that is springing up. This man was condemned by something with a much further reach than facts, poor journalism. It's scary.

I stay in TN several times a year and yeah.. Memphis is pretty bad.
I am actually going to be down there for my 27th birthday (not Memphis, but outside).

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You are demonstrating very poor knowledge of the case. Of course I wasn't there but I have seen the maps, watched the walk through and read the police reports. Zimmerman was attacked for walking. You would have attacked a man for asking you what you were doing? You would have attacked first without thought before knowing anything about the situation?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I was just talking about this case a few days ago.

Any updates as to when the trial will happen? Or is it still in discovery phase?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

17 isn't an adult.

if you looked at the evidence it is self defense.

I did, and I don't believe so. Zimmerman caused the situation, he should have listened to the dispatcher and stopped trying to play sheriff when he wasn't. Z also claims he was attacked from behind which doesn't make any sense and goes against the phone call with Trayvons gf who was on the phone when the altercation started.

I highly suspect you are tainted by the media because "age is all that matters

I highly suspect you're tainted by societal stereotypes of young black men being violent troublemakers. See.....two can play this game.

So you think that becaue you are older you should sacrifice yourself and die at the hands of a teenager because their death would be more of a travesty because they have had a shorter life than you. That is what you are saying to me.

No. I'm saying you shouldn't follow people around, then get out the car and approach them. If you do so, you might activate the flight or fight response because following someone around is creepy as hell and something Jefferey Dhamer would do.

+29 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

What are you talking about Gogo? Clearly age is all that matters, 17 year olds never kill people or commit crimes. They're all nice respectful kids and anyone with a brain knows that when being attacked it is the person being assaulted's job to check ID before defending themselves.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by ausername

Oh, it's obvious why, because the prosecution had it. The prosecutors shot themselves in the foot with this case. They know that they overcharged. In the article it says that the defense originally got a grainy black and white copy of this photo, but Zimmerman's lawyer " received the digital image from prosecutors after repeated demands by his office and he posted it Monday on Zimmerman's defense website."

The prosecution didn't want to hand it over because thought it shouldn't, public opinion does help sway a case

I think the overcharge is on purpose. He turned himself in. I'll bet that was partof the deal "I'll tunr myself in for a 2nd degree murger charge" knowing that 2nd degree willnever stick. He will be found innocent of 2nd degree.

Then the riots will start.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join