It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloody new photo of Trayvon Martin's killer

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Instead of a punch to the face he needed a shovel to the face...just saying

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackreign2012
Everyone gets into fights .. usually noone dies unless one of the people in the fight has a gun. Shooting someone in a 1 on 1 is a cowards way out. No matter how you look at it, the shooter was a coward and so are his supporters. I have been in countless fight in school and out ... no one died because a gun wasn't present. If he can't defend himself properly without a gun, and wanted to play Kick-Ass so bad .. why didn't he learn self defense so he can stop that "Hulk" of a 17 year old. I'm all for guns ... just not shooting defenseless people.

I carry a handgun 95% of the time. I don't care if you bust out an AK-47 or lunge at me with a pocket knife. If you threaten my life, I will draw my weapon and fire. Self-preservation is not cowardice. You can CERTAINLY kill someone with little more than your fists from a 17 year old nonetheless. Link Link Link

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I do not watch the news, nor do I read the newspaper/ With that said, was this the guy who was a neighborhood watch guy? If it is the same guy, wasn't there reports about him taking his neighborhood watching a bit serious?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Simple answer is he was being a good neighbor and trying to make sure the police could actually find this kid so they could question him. If I saw somebody in my neighborhood who I thought was casing houses to break into especially after it had been a problem recently( if you read up on this case) then just letting them walk out of sight does nothing to help your neighborhood. You might as well not report anything to the police in that case. Just drive home because you are only going to be able to give a description and in reality that does not help in the least.

The better question to ask is after Martin had already gave Zimmerman the slip why did he turn around go back to fight him. If he had just kept walking home the worst that would have happened is that maybe the police would have gotten there and questioned him.

I am watching this case because it is very close to where I live and if Zimmerman is somehow convicted then if I see what may be someone breaking into a home around here or a something suspicious happening I am going to think twice before reporting it or trying to do the right thing. It makes me think about cases where people have walked by where someone is being beaten or raped and didn’t stop to help because they didn’t want to get involved. By saying Zimmerman shouldn’t have followed him it’s the same as saying if you see a crime happening just keep going ignore it, don’t get involved. You may go to jail.

I am going by Zimmerman’s account of what happened that is the only account of what happened to go by. From what I have read then I do not see how anyone can think he did wrong. Martin is dead and its sad but put you in Zimmerman’s shoes. After the fact we all know Martin is 17 and we think he was just going to the store but we know he returned and attacked Zimmerman. He stopped being an innocent kid once he attacked Zimmerman.

Edit to add

"Tonight, I was on my way to the grocery store when I saw a male approximately 5'11" to 6'2" casually walking in the rain looking into homes," Zimmerman wrote. I pulled my vehicle over and called SPD non-emergency phone number. I told the dispatcher what I had witnessed, the dispatcher took note of my location. The suspect fled to a darkened area of the sidewalk, as the dispatcher was asking me for an exact location the suspect emerged from the darkness & circled my vehicle. I could not hear if he said anything."

Zimmerman wrote that Martin disappeared between some houses, and he got out of his car to look for a street sign to tell the dispatcher his location.

"The dispatcher told me not to follow the suspect & that an officer was in route," Zimmerman wrote. "As I headed back to my vehicle the suspect emerged from the darkness and said 'you got a problem' I said 'no' the suspect said 'you do now.'"

Zimmerman said he tried to find his cell phone to dial 911 when Martin punched him in the face.

"I fell backwards onto my back. The suspect got on top of me. I yelled 'Help' several times. The suspect told me 'shut the (expletive) up' as I tried to sit up right, the suspect grabbed my head and slammed it into the concrete sidewalk several times," Zimmerman wrote. "I continued to yell 'Help.' Each time I attempted to sit up, the suspect slammed my head into the sidewalk. My head felt like it was going to explode."

Zimmerman wrote that he tried to slide out from under Martin, but that Martin covered his mouth and nose and stopped his breathing.

"At this point I felt the suspect reach for my now exposed firearm and say 'Your [sic] gonna die tonight mother (expletive),'" Zimmerman wrote. "I unholstered my firearm in fear for my life as he had assured he was going to kill me and fired one shot into his torso. The suspect sat back allowing me to sit up and said 'you got me.'"

Zimmerman said he got on top of Martin and held his hands away from his body as a man appeared to ask if he was OK and say he was calling 911.

"I said 'I don't need you to call 911 I already called them I need you to help me restrain this guy,'" Zimmerman wrote.

At that point, an officer arrived and took Zimmerman into custody, he wrote.

"There's been a few times where I've seen a suspicious person in the neighborhood and we called the police, the non-emergency line and these guys always get away," Zimmerman says.

"What made them suspicious?" Singleton asks.

"This gentleman in particular? I had never seen him in the neighborhood, I know all the residents. It was raining out and he was leisurely walking taking his time looking at all the houses. when I drove by he stopped and looked at me," Zimmerman says

Serino also questions why Zimmerman called police to report Martin.

"It was raining, [Martin] was looking into the houses, looking behind, looking at me, he wasn’t walking quickly to get out of the rain, he didn’t look like he was trying to head home, he didn’t look like hard core athlete that wanted to train in the rain or anything, he looked out of place," Zimmerman said.

Investigators also grilled Zimmerman on why he hadn’t identified himself as a neighborhood watch volunteer. "Did it ever occur to you to go ahead and actually ask this person what he was doing out there?" Serino asked.

Zimmerman said no, and reiterated he was scared. "I didn’t want to confront him and it wasn’t my job," he said.

There’s more plus tapes video of him being questioned and calls that he made. If someone tells me they are going to kill me then I would shoot as well. www.nbcmiami.com...

edit on 4-12-2012 by Grimpachi because: add

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

why didnt this guy just hit the kid back and chase him off? i dont know how old the guy is but you should be able to control a 17 year old. and if was that weeak that he couldnt take down a 17 year old why didnt he pull the gun and give the kid a choice to walk away or get shot in the kneecap. he had way many more options than just to kill the kid, if this guy had just used words, the kid would still be alive. and the fact e was scared of a 17 year old is lame, sorry.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

They overreached lol ? He did murder a 17 year old kid with a pistol and the kid had skittles on him thats it, come on get real man. Should they not try him? Should he just walk a free man?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Zimmerman will finally walk but never be free. Hundreds of innocent people will die and it will be the heat of the summer.

Just bought another 12 gage myself. One hidden in every building on my property

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by joeym1991

They overreached lol ? He did murder a 17 year old kid with a pistol and the kid had skittles on him thats it, come on get real man. Should they not try him? Should he just walk a free man?

Should he just walk a free man? Absolutely... if they find he was in fact protecting himself from great bodily harm as per the law. Skittles or not, he was assaulted by Mister Trayvon Martin.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

You take us for fools? If you have a degree in Criminal Justice your school needs to lose it's accreditation!

If Zimmerman felt he was defending himself, who's to say Trayvon didn't feel the same. It will then come down to who instigated the confrontation.

You sound like a scary person so of course you would just shut up if someone confronted or followed you...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What the hell? I thought the whole case depended on if Trayvon hit him AFTER he pulled a gun on the kid. I feel so lost. I swear everytime ATS covers something I never learn anything knew about the situation :/ So pretty much nothing changes with this new photo, I always thought Trayvon hit him, just didn't know when. And now, I still don't know when. And people are still arguing about the exact same thing we were months ago. Meh

Time to drink some coffee and read some Slayer threads
edit on 4-12-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund

And I would come after Zimmerman after he got out his car and approached me too. That is creepy as hell... Not really trying to get robbed or Jeffery Dahmered.

Why not just run away? No you gotta set yourself up to get shot instead. Yes that's the better choice. Gotta show him who's the big man. Oh wait, you're only 17.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I don't walk around in neighborhoods with a hoodie. Even if I did, if someone came up on me asking me for ID I would give it to them.

Problem solved. Easy, no violence.

The person that asked me wouldn't end up with a broken nose and head injuries.
edit on 4-12-2012 by litterbaux because: and I wouldn't end up dead

so what would trayvons ID have shown zimmerman, that he didnt live there, and now he has to explain himself to some stranger? what is this nazi germany???? did zimmerman have a badge on him or some sort of id showing he was neighborhood watch? the idea of a civilian patrolling the streets asking people for ID's bothers me. i wouldnt show some random stranger my ID unless it was a police officer or something.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
Sounds to me Mr Zimmerman thought he would play superhero for the evening and saw a kid as a easy target...
unfortunately the easy target turned out to be quite handy in the boxing department, so Mr Zimmerman (in his Rage and probably feeling a tad embarrassed about a kid opening a can of whipass on him), Shot the kid dead.....

Could i be right..???

The Kid was taking a shortcut and minding his own business as far as i'm led to believe, Mr Zimmerman decided to disregard police dispatch instructions to stop following the Kid..

Zimmerman is a murderer in my opinion....Guilty!!....bailiff, take him away...

This is what a officer in Jacksonville told me happened, and remember George was holed up here awaiting turning himself in.

He attempted to play hero and got his arse beat by a kid and EVENTUALLY got to the point of fearing for his life, but moreso was embarrassed! Remains to be seen if he can get himself out of this.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by Trustfund
reply to post by WP4YT

You have no clue who attacked who first.

Actually, we do have a clue. More than one. There were no wounds to Martin other than the gunshot and maybe some knuckle bruising. Zimmerman had a busted nose and a bloody head. I don't think you can convince anyone that Martin somehow beat up Zimmerman after he was shot. That's a pretty good clue, right there.

All that means is George didn't know how to fight
. He attacked a young warrior and bit off more than he could chew. He then shot the kid because he got whipped...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

why didnt this guy just hit the kid back and chase him off? i dont know how old the guy is but you should be able to control a 17 year old. and if was that weeak that he couldnt take down a 17 year old why didnt he pull the gun and give the kid a choice to walk away or get shot in the kneecap. he had way many more options than just to kill the kid, if this guy had just used words, the kid would still be alive. and the fact e was scared of a 17 year old is lame, sorry.

Quoted from GogoVicMorrow:

"4-6 inches taller than Zimmerman and only 25 lbs lighter, not to mention a football player."

I would have pulled the trigger if someone like that was coming at me with the intent to hurt me. Age doesn't matter sorry.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by Merinda

Actually it was when Zimmerman was out of his car on the phone trying to give an accurate location to the dispatcher i.e. street signs, it was only then that the dispatcher told him that they did not need him out of the car doing so. He was never ordered not to follow besides that a dispatcher does not have the authority to give such an order. At that point he headed back to his car and that is when Martin confronted him. Zimmerman never disobeyed the authorities and complied with their request to not follow any further.

There is so much misinformation floating around on the internet about this case especially on these forums. The dispatch tapes and the written report is available if you look on the web and if you look at or listen to the recordings it is very hard to come to the conclusion that it was anything but self-defense.

The portrayal of Zimmerman is far from accurate in my opinion. I do not know Zimmerman or have any inside information but I live very close to where the incident happened and know the area well. On the recordings Zimmerman also described at the very beginning where Martin was ducking on and off of private property beside homes which the police theorize he was looking for cover from the rain that day which also would look like someone casing homes.

Edit to add

In my opinion Zimmerman was trying to do the right thing and because the media miss portrayed this incident because it was a slow news day for ratings turned this case into something it should not have been. I blame the media for irresponsible reporting as to why this has gone as far as it has. From what I understand Zimmerman’s testimony the recordings and his written statement all lined up and he was immediately taken in for questioning for over 5 hours where he repeatedly went over the events and not once did his story change. In my book that says he is telling the truth. Zimmerman was not looking for trouble but he was doing what I would hope a good neighbor would do which is keeping an eye on the neighborhood. He actually did even better which instead of just phoning the police then driving on and saying it’s there problem now he tried to keep an eye on the situation and help the police by accurately giving a location.

The fact is he lost sight of Martin then left his vehicle while on the phone with dispatch to get accurate info on the location which is on the recordings. It was then that dispatch requested he return to his vehicle which he complied and the proof is that where the incident a cured was within 100 feet of his car. Think about this. He lost sight of Martin that mean Martin had to return back to where Zimmerman was. If martin had not decided to confront and attack Zimmerman he would be alive. Martin made the wrong choice. Zimmerman did not get attacked after he shot Martin which shows me he was not out guns blazing playing cop or anything of the type.

Had Martin been found with burglary tools then people would be calling Zimmerman a hero or great neighbor willing to care about his neighborhood. Fact is Martin was acting suspicious in Zimmerman’s neighborhood whether it was because he was actually casing homes or trying to stay dry by trespassing beside homes it wasn’t a smart move on his part. Martin was looking for trouble the second he turned around and returned to where Zimmerman was. The age does not matter to me when I was 17 I was in basic training in the Army so that is no excuse. The race card can’t be played here Zimmerman is Hispanic and has black ancestry. Soon as the media realized this it became a non-story.

I blame the media for irresponsible reporting and Martin for attacking a man.

edit on 4-12-2012 by Grimpachi because: add

Zimmerman made a mistake by going too far. His actions can be interpreted to warrant TRAYVON feeling as though he was defending himself.

George attempted to detain Trayvon and got punched in the face then beat up. In response he shot him. It won't be murder, but something like negligible manslaughter.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by Starchildren
He should not have followed him. Period. He assumed the role of a police officer. Zimmerman was looking for trouble. He was big man with his big gun and he wanted to shoot someone, anyone to puff himself up. If Zimmerman fears for his life, he shouldn't be out roaming the street with a gun, looking for trouble.

I don't know what the laws are in other parts of the country, but up here, you cannot just follow or pursue someone with intent to subdue them or harass them. It's considered harassment. My ex knows about that, since he went to jail for it.

Why should he not have followed? First off, the dispatcher is NOT a cop, and cannot order anyone to do, or not do, anything. Second, Mr, Zimmerman LIVED IN that neighborhood, and had every right to walk wherever he wanted, and that includes behind a visiting teen. Third, I walk in my neighborhood, and have ended up behind people quite often. None of them assumed I was a threat, or attacked me. My son and I BOTH in dark hoodies, at least one such occasion. So what? Plus, in the 911 call, Mr, Zimmerman clearly stated that he saw suspicious behavior, and didn't even know at first the race of the person he was following. So that point is totally moot.

Nor was he "looking for trouble". he was trying to watch a burglary suspect. Considering the suspicious kids that were seen in that neighborhood, that fit Martin's general description, a pretty good suspect. Don't forget, either, that martin was caught in possession of burglary tools and jewelry he admitted wasn't his. Wedding rings, etc. You think those were not stolen??

Also, Mr. Zimmerman was not "roaming the streets, looking for trouble". he was driving home from the store, when he spotted a suspicious person. He then called the police, which NO ONE actually looking for trouble would do.

Finally, there is no evidence at all that Mr. Zimmerman intended to harass or subdue Martin. He was trying, as the dispatcher seemed to suggest, to keep track of the person's whereabouts until the police arrived. When Martin, who was out of sight (also clear in the 911 call) returned and attacked, everything changed. The mistake that night was made by a punk attacking the wrong person, an armed one. If MY teen did that, and was shot, it would be his own fault.

Zimmerman was not qualified to make the determination that Trayvon was suspicious, where he stepped on his ding first!

Second, have you not even listened to the recordings? The dispatcher didn't "suggest" George keep track of Trayvon. The dispatcher had the "don't be a weirdo and follow that kid" tone.

You sound like one of them people who will get yourself in trouble as Mr. Dunn here in Jacksonville did. He's attempting to use SYG but he will fail.

A bunch of old, crusty, scary men who believe because they have a gun now they don't have to be afraid of those big strong black guys. But they are messing up and being overzealous and going to prison...
...where they will REALLY need that gun.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
Sounds to me Mr Zimmerman thought he would play superhero for the evening and saw a kid as a easy target...
unfortunately the easy target turned out to be quite handy in the boxing department, so Mr Zimmerman (in his Rage and probably feeling a tad embarrassed about a kid opening a can of whipass on him), Shot the kid dead.....

Could i be right..???

The Kid was taking a shortcut and minding his own business as far as i'm led to believe, Mr Zimmerman decided to disregard police dispatch instructions to stop following the Kid..

Zimmerman is a murderer in my opinion....Guilty!!....bailiff, take him away...

This is what a officer in Jacksonville told me happened, and remember George was holed up here awaiting turning himself in.

He attempted to play hero and got his arse beat by a kid and EVENTUALLY got to the point of fearing for his life, but moreso was embarrassed! Remains to be seen if he can get himself out of this.

So the guy in Jacksonville claims to know the neighborhood in Seminole county (yeah sure) and that’s how he says the kid is taking a shortcut. He also completely gets the facts wrong when he says Zimmerman disregarded the police which is obviously false and everything else he said is his own conjecture. Sounds like that guy doesn’t know a single fact except the guys name.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by buster2010

When did he go against the dispatcher? That is a false claim. Check the tapes the transcripts or even my earlier posts. The moment he was attacked stand your ground applies.

I have a CC permit I live very close to where this happened I listened to the recordings and read the report. You do not have your facts strait.

Be careful, don't fall for that same mistake Mr. Dunn did two weekends ago! Because he will be in prison for a VERY long time!

Many people get a CC and believe they now have the right to play Bronson...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Wait a minute, just noticed something...LOL!

How did George return to his vehicle.............................when Trayvon was shot just a little way from his door? Did they have a running fight?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join