It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloody new photo of Trayvon Martin's killer

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Those percentages you were using are per total crimes committed not per population percent it is two different things. Like this says.

* * Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
* When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Now i see..you are using old stats from 2001...finally found stats that are more to your liking I see.

Update your stats.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

And provide the links you are using...like your "Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery"

That line was from 2005 and not from any legitimate site. Now I see why you are not giving links..they are coming from white extremists American Renaissance or is it New Century Foundation both well known hate sites..

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Hi Grim,

Actually, you're a bit mistaken. In it's broadest definition, Hispanic refers to those with an ethnic connection to the Iberian Peninsula (once know as Hispania), and that includes members from all races. Though he may a bit "mixed", George is, for the most part, a White Hispanic.

See ya buddy,
Milt

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

No you are looking at percentage of total crime committed by race percent you then need to apply what percent of the population is occupied by that race and break it down accordingly. It is two different percentages.

These are not actual numbers but I explain this way.

If 100 crimes are committed out of those 40% are committed X race and 40% are committed by Y race
40% X
40% Y
X race occupies 50% of population and Y race occupies 10% of population.
50% X
10% Y
Then apply those numbers.

Y race would be 5 times more likely to have committed a crime than X race.

My brain is tired I can’t remember how to formulate the equation at the moment.

Arrest data: FBI, Crime in the United States, 2001
(USGPO, 2002), p. 252. FBI, Crime in the United States, 2002
(USGPO, 2003), p. 252. FBI, Crime in the United States, 2003
(USGPO, 2004), p. 288

Was that not enough for you then here.answers.yahoo.com...

It’s not like I was going to purposely pull stats from a 7 year old data base.I am just explaining that you are comparing the wrong percentages. BTW everything I have posted has a reference. I didn’t think anyone cares for a sight that gives the same reference that I quoted with the reference but you can argue with an established answer. I never see a reason to repost links or reference material after posting it once after all you have already seen it just three posts ago.I guess you just didn’t remember reading it seconds before.

en.wikipedia.org...:Homicide_victimization_by_race.jpg[
edit on 6-12-2012 by Grimpachi because: add picture

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Thanks Milt but I looked up one day and this is the answer I got.

Zimmerman has a Peruvian mother and a white father, making him hispanic, not white.

www.policymic.com...
They could be wrong though it was the first answer I came across.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Martin should not have had to retreat when Zimmerman approached him.

I agree.

A stand-your-ground law states that a person may justifiably use force in self-defense when there is reasonable belief of an unlawful threat, without an obligation to retreat first.

I agree with that too. What you don't understand is that "stand your ground" is only a means of avoiding a criminal charge. In other words: If the court had decided that George's actions were in compliance with Florida's "stand your ground" law, he wouldn't have been arrested, and charged with murder.

Or does it not apply to young black males?

If the young black man's actions were in compliance with that law, yes, it would indeed apply.

Why is everything about race for you?

So he stood his ground when Zimmerman followed and confronted him.

What leads you to feel that's what happened?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Carrying a gun doesn't mean you intend to kill someone. Do you call all cops that have to shoot murderers?

You should never carry a gun unless you intend to use it and you don't use it unless you intend to kill.

Do you always compare all murderers to cops?

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

Carrying a gun doesn't mean you intend to kill someone. Do you call all cops that have to shoot murderers?

You should never carry a gun unless you intend to use it and you don't use it unless you intend to kill.

Do you always compare all murderers to cops?

I think you misspoke that. You should never carry a gun unless you are willing to use it. Carrying a gun has nothing to do with intent.

Does that clear things up for you? People carry for self defense. That doesn't mean they go looking for trouble; only that they are prepared if trouble looks for them. YOU stated that people carrying guns intend to kill. Cops carry guns. I simply pointed out the illogic of your statement.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I have never said I thought he was casing houses, but only because there is no evidence of it. I have considered that he might have been using his walk to the gas station as an opportunity to get high (as there was a push pin in his pocket which is often used for smoking). He also may very well have been casing houses, as it would fit with his personality, but we can't say for sure as there isn't really any evidence. I would say he took a walk to smoke, and grabbed some things at the gas station, and maybe we scoping out the neighborhood, but we don't really know.

From the way Zimmerman talked, and the references to the burglaries, it's a fairly safe thing to assume. Especially considering that he was caught with all that jewelry and the burglary tool. I would have to go back and listen to the call again to be sure, but I was thinking that was described.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012

These are just a bunch of trigger happy punks, probably been beat up before and now they have a gun they think they don't have to worry about being punked anymore.

But a punk is a punk and it will always shine through. Some of these punks will make the same mistake GZ and Dunn made, and they will be in prison, and they will not have a pistol. They will be the ones washing undies and suffering humiliation as some homo man tapes a picture of his girlfriend on their back.

I think you touched it right here, this is why they are so offended. They probably got beat up there whole life and now want to make laws which make shooting a unarmed man and walking scott free easy. More than likely they got bullied in high-school a lot. It helps them sleep at night feeling safe I guess.

Ladygreeneyes you aint the only one with a gun darling just remember that.
edit on 6-12-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

No, I am not. LOTS of citizens carry where I live. We have a VERY low crime rate, too. Not to mention....that comment almost sounds like you encourage crooks to carry guns. Surely that isn't the case. No, people don't carry because they were beat up by some THUG PUNK. The punks are the ones thinking that they are so tough, they can take the law into their own hands, and "not call the cops". Well, that's what Martin did, and look where it got him. I guess this explains why the demographics of the prison population are what they are, too.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

If Trayvon had a gun and shot GZ soon as he approached what would your feelings be? I mean he feared for his life right?

I don’t know. How do you feel about 17 year olds illegally carrying guns?

LOL...nice deflection...lemme clean it up so you can't side-step:

If 21 year old Trayvon had a gun and GZ ran up and grabbed his arm, how would you feel if Trayvon had shot GZ?

Don't you mean, if Zimmerman had run up and sucker punched Martin in the nose? Kindly stick with the facts.

The kid attacked someone that was armed, and he got what he asked for. How many future victims won't be, because of that? What happened with the rate of burglaries in that neighborhood after that night? Funny, we don't seem to get that information.....

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

reply to post by BenReclused

Thanks Milt but I looked up one day and this is the answer I got.

Zimmerman has a Peruvian mother and a white father, making him hispanic, not white.

www.policymic.com...
They could be wrong though it was the first answer I came across.

Hi again Grim,
What that comment overlooks is the fact that "Hispanic" is not a term that defines race. "Peruvian" isn't either, so it's still highly possible that he's just as White as this old WASP is.

Even Hispanic.com has trouble narrowing "Hispanic" down. Here is a link to their definitions if you're interested.

Hell fire, Geraldo Rivera is Hispanic! I'd be willing to bet my last dollar that he's as White as I am. LOL

See ya buddy,
Milt

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012

These are just a bunch of trigger happy punks, probably been beat up before and now they have a gun they think they don't have to worry about being punked anymore.

But a punk is a punk and it will always shine through. Some of these punks will make the same mistake GZ and Dunn made, and they will be in prison, and they will not have a pistol. They will be the ones washing undies and suffering humiliation as some homo man tapes a picture of his girlfriend on their back.

I think you touched it right here, this is why they are so offended. They probably got beat up there whole life and now want to make laws which make shooting a unarmed man and walking scott free easy. More than likely they got bullied in high-school a lot. It helps them sleep at night feeling safe I guess.

Ladygreeneyes you aint the only one with a gun darling just remember that.
edit on 6-12-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

They will avoid this like a plague!

I see it right through the monitor. Many of these pro-shoot people have been victims their entire lives. Beaten up by the other kids and now they have a gun so they THINK they are untouchable.

Thing is though...a coward will still be a coward! They will STILL get their butts handed to them, rather on the street or in prison when they go for cowardly killing someone.

So, basically, you are saying that an entire race is all tough, doesn't need cops, can do whatever they want, attack people whenever they want, commit any crime, and you will defend them for it? because, hey, they can't be wrong if they aren't white? You are saying that if some thug beats people up, and people fight back with a gun, that the people being attacked are someone the ones in the wrong? As stated before, this explains prison demographics.

Be honest, and admit you just don't like the idea of the crook getting their rear handed to them at the end of a gun.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Why are Zimmerman's supporters assuming he was in the right.

What if it was Martin who felt his life was in danger and fought to preserve it. Zimmerman was the armed fellow who had nothing to fear so it sounds like he confronted Martin and Martin felt threatened. It certainly sounds like that when you hear what Martins GF has to say about her phone conversation with him as it was going on.

The racists who believe Martin was a hardcore criminal casing houses in his fathers neighborhood because of a few misdeeds...need not answer, We know where you stand...you see a black person out at night ..you automatically assume he was up to good. Yeah yeah...now go back to your klan meeting.

The idiot who also believes that the ice tea was for drug or alcohol use without any evidence need not answer either...I cannot argue in moron language...

edit on 6-12-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

In defense to that, every time somebody in my neighborhood has seen blacks walking through our neighborhood at night stuff always ends up getting stolen from somebody. There is some truth to stereotypes and the FBI crime data base statistics would back that up.

On topic, Half the people on here claiming to be a "man" or my favorite one "warrior" have no clue what they would've done in this predicament. Once the bodys adrenaline gets flowing it's extremely hard to keep level headed and control yourself.

If roles had been reversed would you be sticking up for GZ or is it just because St. Tray was black that you feel the need to be "united" to stick up for your own?

You know, I have seen that where I live as well. A quiet neighborhood, where all of a sudden, when a group of blacks moved in down the street, and suddenly cars were vandalized. The same group would walk up and down the street, staring at people who were simply sitting on their porches. LOTS of visitors, into a house with the lights OFF inside. Everything about it screamed "drug dealers". When they moved out, it ALL stopped. Another town in the area, with a far larger black population that most of the ones around here, has a higher crime rate. The group of soldiers my husband had to deal with, that were busted for armed robbery? Guess what they looked like.

reply to post by kimish

Actually if you looked in all the charts..Arrests by Race, 2011

Forcible rape 65.0 whites 32.9 blacks

Aggravated assault whites 43.0 blacks 55.6

Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter whites 48.0 blacks 49.7

Sex offenses (except forcible rape and prostitution whites 72.6 blacks 24.9

All the other charts are pretty much the same. What stats are you looking at?

Well, since blacks account for only 12.85% of the population, those stats show that they are committing FAR more than their share of the crime. Nice of you to show that.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Well, since blacks account for only 12.85% of the population, those stats show that they are committing FAR more than their share of the crime. Nice of you to show that.

So what is your solution to this problem? Obviously it's a problem created by blacks, right?
Nice of you to help with this social and cultural dilemma.

Want peace? pray for justice...

edit on 6-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Yes it does..blacks like to fight...whites and black like to kill...but whites love to get their rape on..

Forcible rape 65.0 whites 32.9 blacks

Aggravated assault whites 43.0 blacks 55.6

Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter whites 48.0 blacks 49.7

Sex offenses (except forcible rape and prostitution whites 72.6 blacks 24.9

Those number are in percentages.

As you can see 65% of black assault...blacks and whites are pretty even when it comes to killing..but rapes....whites appear to love it.

The only time blacks beat crime white stats are in assaults ...pretty even in killing.,...everything else...whites win by majority.

So if we are to go by those stats...whites are more prone to criminal activities than any other race.

So what was your point again?

I will answer later...life calls...

Not even close. The percentages of crimes committed by a race have to be compared with the percentages of that race in the country. According to this site - 2012 numbers - the percentage of whites is 79.96. Comparing that to your numbers, that means whites commit far less crimes from those categories than would be expected based on the population. The percentage of blacks listed there is 12.85. That means that blacks, according to your stats, commit more than double the number of rapes that would be expected based on their population, aggravated assault at well over four times the numbers, more than 3.75 times more murders and non-negligent manslaughter, and almost twice as many non-rape sexual assaults. Is this clear for you yet?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

So what is your solution to this problem? Obviously it's a problem created by blacks, right?
Nice of you to help with this social and cultural dilemma.

Want peace? pray for justice...

I didn't offer a solution. Do you have one? One thing that might help is for people to stop acting like their skin color is an excuse for bad behavior. You can see a lot of that right here in this thread. Other solutions? Well, I think the case in question here offers one.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Well, since blacks account for only 12.85% of the population, those stats show that they are committing FAR Other solutions? Well, I think the case in question here offers one.

and what is that?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Just stopped in for a bit.

We both know she is advocating the killing of black people as a solution. Her true colors finally come through, actually she was quite clear before of who she is.

I thought this was against ATS rules...oh well...Mods will be mods.

I will do the math later green eyes...busy right now.
edit on 6-12-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Why thanks coming from some fluent in it..I take that as a compliment..

You are very welcome. I honed my "moron" skills by deciphering your nonsense.

As indicated by your improper comment above, perhaps you should gain assistance in learning English now.

See ya,
Milt

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join