It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mblah's Turkey Day Leftovers....Turkey Tetrazzini

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I absolutely love turkey and look forward to it every year around this time. There are so many dishes you can make with a left over turkey!

My favorite thing is to make left over turkey sandwiches on toasted rye with may and some gravy... MMMMMM so good!! I ate those for a week after Thanksgiving for breakfast and dinner or a snack. My other favorite turkey dish is turkey tetrazzini! I worked at an elementary school years ago and I loved turkey tetrazzini day! It was one of my favorites and the only thing that didn't taste like cafeteria food. My mom informed me that they no longer serve it
she still works there. Anyway this is my recipe for Turkey Tetrazzini.

Mblah's Turkey Tetrazzini

Ingredients
3 cups cooked chopped or shredded turkey
1 8 oz bag of egg noodles
3/4 can cream of celery soup (10 oz)
1/2 + 2 tbs can cream of mushroom soup (10 oz) (yes i measured it out that way for the recipe lol)
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 onion diced
1 1/2 cups mushrooms
3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
3 tbs white wine
4 tbs butter
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
French Fried Onions (optional)
Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder

Directions
1. Cook egg noodles according to package
2. Melt the butter in a pan and saute onions, celery and mushrooms. Add wine and heavy cream.
3. Once step two is finished add remaining ingredients to a large bowl with everything from step two and the egg noodles (turkey, cheddar cheese, sour cream, cream of mushroom soups) top with parmesan cheese and bake at 350F (176C for my friends elsewhere) for 25 mins. Top with French Fried Onions and bake additional 5 mins. You don't have to use those but I love them so I put them on everything.
They are also quite tasty on this dish!

Well there you have it. It looks like a lot of work but it's really not. I used a lasagna dish because it wouldn't fit in any of my other casserole dishes!!

Sorry about the pictures lighting. My kitchen has horrible fluorescent lighting from the 70s lol Here it is in my lasagna dish all ready to be devoured!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Oh My God.

I want some Mblah, please!!!

No really, this looks so good, well done master chef, well done...

SS

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Thank you Spike

It's very addicting!! I wanted to make it yesterday but I wasn't feeling too good. I've been dreaming of turkey tetrazzini since Thanksgiving. I knew I'd make it eventually lol. I froze the rest of the turkey from that day for future meals. When my honey comes home in January I will make a turkey pot pie with those left overs. I love pot pies esp homemade pie crusts..mmmm. They are good but they can be a pain to make, even I don't really like to make them but I will! lol

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I am not a fan of turkey, but I am definately going to make this recipe with chicken! Sounds and looks delicious!
Thank you!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Schweet, but I'm all outta leftover turkey. Will try after christmas bird

Thanks for the recipe.
ETA: One of our friends made a pumpkin pie with strands of smoked turkey in it, and it was actually good.
Not sure what else he was smoking besides the turkey for such a creative endeavor, but what the heck eh?
edit on 2-12-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This sounds great. I have a serious bunch of leftover turkey ( about 100 pounds, now). I'll have to see if I can scrape up the other ingredients. Thanks a bunch!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
im "homer drooling" atm lol

looks good once again
i really really like your threads you have no idea

would eat them all ahah

tetrazinni .. never heard of that term before
and those fried ognion looks good to

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

nice, every year i make a big pot of turkey chilli.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jed001

Myself I make homemade turkey pot pie with homemade crust in a large cakepan. Top crust is a good quarter to three/eights inch while the sides and botttom is around 1/8 to 3/16ths thick. Nice and flakey I use coconut oil for the pie crust.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

Originally posted by jed001

Myself I make homemade turkey pot pie with homemade crust in a large cakepan. Top crust is a good quarter to three/eights inch while the sides and botttom is around 1/8 to 3/16ths thick. Nice and flakey I use coconut oil for the pie crust.

MMMMM that sounds good. I haven't made turkey pot pie yet. I will make that when my fiance comes home. I froze the rest of the left overs so I could make more when he is home. I too make a homemade crust but I have never used coconut oil for the crust...that sounds interesting. I might have to try that.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The Wife does a great turkey pot pie. We all love it. My leftover turkey specialty is turkey hash. I use the dark meat. It's a quick and delicious dinner, or breakfast.

Dice the turkey as small as you can. I use a Cuisinart and grind it.

Peel and dice as many potatoes as you want to use, in a half inch or smaller dice. Throw them in a pan and boil until fork tender. In the meantime, dice up some green pepper and onions and dump them in a bowl with the turkey, stir to incorporate. (You may note - quantities are whatever you like, nothing specific).

When the potatoes are ready, drain the water off and shake them around in the hot pan for a few to dry them off, then dump in the bowl with the other ingredients. Season liberally with seasoned salt (Lawry's for example) and fresh ground pepper. Stir again to incorporate.

Get your cast iron skillet hot (or >shudder< non-stick skillet) with a little oil in the bottom. Pack the hash in there and let it brown. I let it go until the potatoes are crispy. You might flip it a time or two to get it to the desired doneness you prefer, again whatever floats your boat. It's hash, not fancy schmancy foo foo food.

When the hash is ready, I plate it up and slide the skillet off the burner. Here's where the cast iron rules. Throw a couple of pats of butter in the pan, and cook as many eggs as you want to over-easy doneness. The residual heat in the skillet will be more than ample for this purpose and a well seasoned iron skillet is about as permanently 'non stick' as you'll ever get.

Toss an egg (or two) on each serving of hash and serve with toast, biscuits, or whatever. I like wheat toast and a big mug of black coffee.

When you stick a fork in one of those eggs and the yolk runs through the hash, that's about as good as food gets.

At least, to me. I'm a simple guy and turkey hash (or roast or corned beef for that matter) well, other food can be that good but it doesn't get any better.

top topics

join