It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

Druid42 actually started a The Collaborative Gimp tutorial for ATS members. [updated] thread to help those that were learning to use Gimp without cluttering up this(or the original AC) thread with tutorials(no offense to those that have posted in here on Photoshop it's just a matter of them all being in one place.) so you can start there to learn some of the basics and how it works. You can also see some of the members that can help you out with working with Gimp. I for one look forward to seeing your creations.

edit on 25-1-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
messing around before heading to work this morning:

I'm sure I will use this in the somewhat near future.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

OMG, IT'S AWESOME!!! I'm gonna have to get my laptop first thing in the morning and add these to my ATS uploads since I can't do that on this iPad! LOL, it reminds me of how Glinda the Good Witch floated down in a pink bubble in The Wizard of Oz...except my bubble is red! I love them both, I can't thank you enough!

Which one do you like better, the first one or the second one?
edit on 1/25/2013 by jcutler12888 because: Additional comment

I personally like the second one. It looks further away. not in distance, but just....further away.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Great Artists of ATS,

I come here seeking some help please. I desperately need an avatar, ...or rather, a full size avatar background image.

I joined ATS in 2009, but I never bothered much about my avatar, because for a LONG time, I didn't post much. I was just reading all the stuff here on ATS.

Anyway, last week I had my first successful thread, which actually made it all the way to the ATS front page (home page), and stayed there for two whole days, ...which for me, was a great achievement. But one thing let me down: my avatar. I was embarrassed by my avatar. During this whole thread, I had this ugly picture as my avatar, which is just something that I downloaded off the internet:

What I want:
I would like to have an avatar that matches my user name, which is "QMask". "Q" just stands for the letter "Q", which I think is a beautiful character/symbol. I have the word "Mask" in my user name, because at the time when I joined ATS in 2009, the user "Q" (me) was "hiding behind a mask". [Nowadays, the "hiding" bit is not so much true anymore.]

Anyway, as awkward as my user name is, I am stuck with it now.
So, I would like to have an avatar that mixes/contains three things/objects:
(1) The capital letter "Q". (...perhaps in 3D ?)
(2) A mask, preferably a small one. Like the ones that only cover your eyes, not the whole face.
(3) A friendly face and/or a big friendly smile.

I believe the ugly white mask (above) that I previously used as my avatar, subconsciously put people off. It's only natural, because the damn thing is very unfriendly. That is the reason why I now want to go for something more friendly and inviting.

The problem is, I have no idea of how to mix/combine the above three elements into a single avatar image. And that is the reason why I am coming here for help. I am coming here to tap into the ATS creativity. I need an artist to please combine these three elements, in a very creative manner, into a single avatar image.

(Just by the way: The blue letter "Q" that I use now as my avatar, is just something that I quickly downloaded off the internet, in an attempt to just quickly replace the ugly white mask that I had. I see this blue letter "Q" as a very temporary solution. Hopefully.)

If somebody on here chooses to help, then please understand: there is no rush. I have survived without an avatar since 2009, and another one or two weeks will not make a big difference. Also, it is weekend now, so the avatar creators may be preoccupied with their weekend activities. Like I say, I can wait.

I will check on this thread from time to time, ...to see if anybody responds.
Like I said: there is no rush.

Thanks everybody.
QMask

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Again for the BSG fans, the Viper Nameplate, just put your name in all caps above the ATS and you're all set, the ATS is done in the font used on the show for all signs etc..

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

What font do I use?

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Maybe in an attempt to achieve the "friendliness", the mask should not be on a face, or on the letter "Q", or on anything.

Maybe the mask could be somewhere in the corner, ...and not be the main focus of the avatar.

I really don't know.
I am just throwing ideas around.

Regards
QMask

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

Something like this ?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by vkey08

What font do I use?

-SAP-

the closest one that comes to it is this one:
fontstruct.com...

the actual font was made by hand in Illustrator and the TT version of it is a complete mess, you have to type out in AI and then separate all the letters etc, so using that husker font would be better for ya

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutcheagle

Hi Dutcheagle,

Thank you for giving it a go.
But unfortunately, I don't like it.
The black and white is very dull. It certainly lacks colour.
The avatar also lacks friendliness.

I want something that is warm and welcoming.

But thank you for giving it a try.
I appreciate your interest.

QMask

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The problem that I have, is this:
The two things are not really compatible. I am talking about a mask and friendliness.
The two concepts contradict each other.

My user name is "QMask", and therefore I am stuck with the "mask" bit.
But, what I want to convey, is "friendliness".

It is very hard to combine/marry the two. And that is the problem.

Cheers
QMask

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

Here's a couple I came up with.

Q from Star trek and a cool feathery mask.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Hi FortAnthem,

Both your attempts are very original.
You deserve points for using "Q" from StarTrek! ...But the flashy purple mask is a bit much!

Your second attempt is a bit scary. That will scare people away!

I do not like these, but thank you for trying.
I appreciate your interest.

Regards
QMask

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Let me add that I would like something very artistic .

It may even have artificial and / or fantacy elements to it.
I would like that.

Cheers
QMask

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I have only recently started to pay attention to avatars.

To give an indication of my taste, here are some examples that I have seen recently, and that I really liked.
I liked these so much, that I actually downloaded them to my PC, just to have copies of them.

Here they are:

Hopefully, that will give an indication of my taste.

Whether what I am asking is possible, I don't know.

Question:
How do I post these in two rows of three avatars each?
I have seen others post more than one avatar per row.
It wastes space, having them all underneath each other.

Note:
That first image with the two "e"s, blows my mind. How was that created? How do you define a perfect face with just the rainbow colours in separate vertical lines? Wow! I have wrecked my brain over this.

Regards
QMask

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

i am looking forward to working on this one.

Let me ask: are you male or female? Which "edge" of that sword do you want us to cut with?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Hi bigfatfurrytexan,

To answer your questions: I am male.
I don't understand your question about the sword's edge? Please could you explain what you mean.

Regards
QMask

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

i think in metaphors and analogies. You can disregard the part about the swords edge.

But I have a great idea. It may take me a while. I get off work late, but photoshop is what i do to take away the desire to strangle people.
So i will be working on it tonight.
edit on 25-1-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Thank you very much, bigfatfurrytexan.

I have seen some of your other work, and you are a genius.

Regards
QMask

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by QMask

Question:
How do I post these in two rows of three avatars each?
I have seen others post more than one avatar per row.
It wastes space, having them all underneath each other.

You can find out how to stack images and do a whole lot of other cool things with your pics right here:

Fun with pictures

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join