Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 70
134
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan
 

Hi bigfatfurrytexan,

Thank you for the "Superhero Q" avatar. It is already uploaded to my avatar collection.

About the Ferryman avatar: Yes, I knew you probably just manipulated existing image(s), because I read one of your earlier posts, where you said: "It is 90% Google fu, and 10% PhotoShop fu."

But still, you found it, and worked on it, and produced that excellent avatar.

And I enjoyed looking at it. It kind of "resonated" with me.

Cheers
QMask




posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by QMask
 


Here's the original unmasked Q pic you asked for.




posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem
 

Thank you, FortAnthem

You are a great sport !!

Cheers
QMask



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
so....we gonna do a valentines day contest?



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan
 


I would like to see that contest. I enjoy them, gives me a break from the front line threads.


-SAP-



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful
 


Yeah. I have a job that is killing me slowly right now. The rare down times I get....i just don't feel like arguing. And I sure don't have any extra intellectual bandwidth to spare right now, so just lurking is hard to do (the deeper I get into a topic, the further I get from the complex work that I am doing right now....i can't afford that at this moment).

So my downtime is spend either making stuff in photoshop, playing call of duty, or hanging with the wife/son. Nothing requiring thought beyond just letting creativity flow.

It isn't that I don't have a life. Just that making stuff keeps me in the right state of mind so resume work each morning. I would expect in another month, maybe 2, my presence here will diminish at least a little bit. The more "real life" i can have, the less of this I am prone to do.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask
 



Sorry for responding so late had to work overtime anyway maybe this is what you are looking for ?

Name:


No name:


Eyes and name


Eyes and no name
edit on 26-1-2013 by Dutcheagle because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan
 



making stuff keeps me in the right state of mind


Well said, furry one. I go a long time just doing the same boring things, but when I create something, it feels like it's a good use of time somehow. You don't even have to be all that good at it (me), but it feels good just the same.

Oh yeah, and thumbs up for a Valentines Day contest
edit on 26-1-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
for some reason I seem to be stuck on comic book styling lately.




posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan
 


You gotta put 5 poker cards in his hand!



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutcheagle
 

Hi Dutcheagle,

Thank you very much for adding some colour to this avatar. It looks much better now.

I have some feedback for you:

(1) This actually came out very well. I like your choice of yellow, and I like your choice of blue. The two colours go together nicely. Overall, this looks good, because you have made a good design. I like it.

(2) I like the two versions with eyes. The eyes make the avatar look more alive, which is great.

(3) You wrote my user name as "Qmask", but it should be "QMask" with a capital "M". I like the idea of having a version with the name, and a version without the name. Then I can choose which one to use, ...depending on mood.

(4) Because of the shape of the letter "Q", the big black smile has a "bite" taken out of it. I would like for the big black smile to be "unbroken". I hope this will be possible for you to fix. If not, don't worry about it.

(5) I like the reflection of the yellow "Q" in the surface that it stands on. Well done.

(6) Your first black-and-white version looked boring and dull, but I could see this was a diamond in the rough. It looks like I was right. This is going to be a great addition to my collection.

Thank you very much for this great effort. I much appreciate it.

Regards
QMask



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop
 



done.

was gonna put the rest of the deck on the table in front of him, but am just too sleepy to do it patiently.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan
 

Hi bigfatfurrytexan

I see you have a new avatar, and it looks KICK-ASS! One wouldn't dare messing with that gorilla!

Anyway, I was preoccupied and tired yesterday by the time you posted my "Superhero Q" avatar, so I missed a few details. I just spotted now that the belt buckle is in the shape of a "Q". This was a great touch.

I also only now noticed the "Q" emblem that you used as the background for this image. Another great touch.
Sorry I missed those two features yesterday, but I was tired at the time.

Thank you again bigfatfurrytexan, for your contributions.
In the end you provided me with three great avatars to use.

I didn't quite understand your abstract design. I suspect it was a bit too artistic for me.


Anyway, here are the ones that I liked, that you made:




posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan
 


Nicely done


Love it.

edit on 27-1-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I just wanted to show off my new avy. Sorry it took a while lol.

edit on 27-1-2013 by Agarta because: Duh, I forgot to put it in the post.



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
My new after Australia Day av;


We're getting pretty hammered here right now, had over 130mm of rain since yesterday, half the back paddock is under water, and the wind has been so strong you can feel the entire house shake each time a strong gust hits. I really thought we'd wake up in Oz this morning.


It hasn't stopped raining heavily for almost two days, and we've lost a couple of trees to the wind, including one of my palms. Not happy bout that one...


Everyone is safe (not to mention a little stir crazy) though, all huddled inside, which surprisingly the power has stayed on the whole time. I drove through a few flooded areas this morning on the drive to work, but if the rain doesn't stop, the pub where I work will most likely be closed due to sandbagging. It was pretty dead today, we spent most of the day helping to sandbag lower lying businesses just in case the worst happens.

The BOM are saying showers easing tomorrow, so hopefully we're through the worst of it.

Wild times, thought my new av fits the bill.



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar
 


LMAO that avy is awesome. I love the turtle under the hat. Nice job. As for your water problem I hope it eases up for you soon. My thoughts are with you.



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by QMask
reply to post by Dutcheagle
 

Hi Dutcheagle,

Thank you very much for adding some colour to this avatar. It looks much better now.

I have some feedback for you:

(1) This actually came out very well. I like your choice of yellow, and I like your choice of blue. The two colours go together nicely. Overall, this looks good, because you have made a good design. I like it.

(2) I like the two versions with eyes. The eyes make the avatar look more alive, which is great.

(3) You wrote my user name as "Qmask", but it should be "QMask" with a capital "M". I like the idea of having a version with the name, and a version without the name. Then I can choose which one to use, ...depending on mood.

(4) Because of the shape of the letter "Q", the big black smile has a "bite" taken out of it. I would like for the big black smile to be "unbroken". I hope this will be possible for you to fix. If not, don't worry about it.

(5) I like the reflection of the yellow "Q" in the surface that it stands on. Well done.

(6) Your first black-and-white version looked boring and dull, but I could see this was a diamond in the rough. It looks like I was right. This is going to be a great addition to my collection.

Thank you very much for this great effort. I much appreciate it.

Regards
QMask

I'm glad you are liking it i will edit the image to QMask as soon as i'm home and ill pm you it.



Originally posted by 74Templar
My new after Australia Day av;


We're getting pretty hammered here right now, had over 130mm of rain since yesterday, half the back paddock is under water, and the wind has been so strong you can feel the entire house shake each time a strong gust hits. I really thought we'd wake up in Oz this morning.


It hasn't stopped raining heavily for almost two days, and we've lost a couple of trees to the wind, including one of my palms. Not happy bout that one...


Everyone is safe (not to mention a little stir crazy) though, all huddled inside, which surprisingly the power has stayed on the whole time. I drove through a few flooded areas this morning on the drive to work, but if the rain doesn't stop, the pub where I work will most likely be closed due to sandbagging. It was pretty dead today, we spent most of the day helping to sandbag lower lying businesses just in case the worst happens.

The BOM are saying showers easing tomorrow, so hopefully we're through the worst of it.

Wild times, thought my new av fits the bill.


Hahaha mate you nailed it great work


reply to post by Agarta
 

Great work on that animation !



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
for some reason I seem to be stuck on comic book styling lately.


Great!


Hey furry
maybe it's a idea to keep a duplicate of the original layer before making one cartoon ( you know with the cutout filter ) and then put the opacity of the cartoon looking layer lower so it still has a bit comic but also looks very realistic.



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Hey guys sorry for double posting
but i noticed there are some people that want photoshop and are consider buying it in store or not buy it because it's to expensive but also dont want to take any risk with torrent programs.
I have a great solution for you guys i have been working with Adobe Photoshop CS5 Portable for over 2years and it worked great.Although i now use Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended i would like to offer you guys the portable version free to download on my google drive.

The file size is 123MB ( No this is not a joke it's highly compressed )
All functions work as they are intended to, so no errors or tools that have been removed to make room.

Adobe Photoshop CS5 Portable :

docs.google.com...

1> Download the file
2> Right click on the downloaded file
3> Extract with Winrar
Dont have winrar? Download here ->
www.rarlab.com...
4> Open the map double click the icon and you are starting photoshop !


If you guys need any help or have questions feel free to ask and for good beginner photoshop tutorials click the link below.


Click here
edit on 27-1-2013 by Dutcheagle because: (no reason given)
edit on 27-1-2013 by Dutcheagle because: (no reason given)





new topics

top topics



 
134
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

log in

join