It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for something new & a little help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Hi all! In the past 6 months I've been slowly doing things in my life that I never thought I would be interested in, it started with meditation, then green tea, then I turned to cold showers and now I'm moving onto oil pulling!

I've moved to oil pulling as I've read that it can break up the tartar/calculus on teeth (the dentists all say it doesn't, several people on the internet swear by it!) So I figured I'd give it a go and find out for myself. I have rrreally bad tartar which covers 1/2 of 1 tooth (and yes I only have myself to blame). Unfortunatly since I've started doing it I seem to be getting incredible toothache, would anyone think this is due to all the crap been pulled out of my teeth and gums??? or something else?

Also has anyone got any other ideas how to get rid of bad tartar/calculus other than going to see the dentist?

And any good remedies for toothache?

After that I suppose I'd just like to know what other things are good for you, I'm enjoying this new journey of trying new things so I'm intrigued!

Thanks All

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Some say Clove Oil is a good remedy for tooth ache.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

Can you explain what oil pulling is? I've never heard of it.

If I'm not mistaken, the dentist usually uses those dental tools and scrape off the tartar/plaque buildup. You can buy those tools at kmart or walmart, or online. Maybe that would help?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

If you use a good waterpik (On High, and with its attachments) for a few weeks and depending on how bad it is you should be able remove all of it. If they are stained really bad you need to go to the dentist though.

I couldn't believe the difference a Waterpik made, flossing doesn't even do anything anymore because the waterpik pressure washes everything away.

Hope this helps!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
How about just going to the Dentist? You do have Dentists there in England, don't you?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Can you explain what oil pulling is? I've never heard of it.

If I'm not mistaken, the dentist usually uses those dental tools and scrape off the tartar/plaque buildup. You can buy those tools at kmart or walmart, or online. Maybe that would help?

Oil pulling for me is taking a tablespoon of pure coconut oil and swilling it in your mouth for 15-20mins. Its not the nicest of feelings but if it works I'll be happy! lol

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
How about just going to the Dentist? You do have Dentists there in England, don't you?

We do, along with people who are direct and sarcastic, sadly these seem to be worldwide.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
A good remedy for a toothache is to take a dry tea bag and place it over the tooth for about 15 minutes. It acts as a poultice and pulls the gunk out.
edit on 2-12-2012 by Hillarie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join