It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, who can prove magic exists?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I don't completely know how it works. What I do know is it is energy. The energy waves that people give off. Unlike some people, I can't see the waves, but I can feel the difference. Videos etc are a bit difficult, simply because, contrary to popular t.v./literature, it isn't instantly visible. I don't run my hands over a cut and it disappears. What I can do is run my hands along the cut, feel where the source of the injury is and identify the particles of dirt, or irritant causing an infection might be. As previously stated, you still have to work within the realms of science both biological and physical. Much as I LOVE the Harry Potter books and movies, I laugh at people who say it teaches witchcraft and magic, because the stuff used isn't magic, it is fantasy. Growing bones back is not a possibility, but helping them to repair is.

What I do is feel the energy waves. Some of them have a negative feel, some have a positive feel. The way to compare it is the feel of the sun beating down on a gently warm day vs the feel of the energy in the air during a thunderstorm. Follow that negative energy pulse along, and eventually I find the source. I can identify what the cause is for the injury, draw away the negative energy and focus positive energy towards it. This doesn't heal the body, but what it does do is speed up the body's healing. Staying within the realms of science, it allows the body to do what needs to be done without extra work.

I have one patient that came to me a year after an auto accident. his hand was broken and didn't heal right. I was able to identify what the problem was. It was misaligned when it healed and formed a calcium spur which is pressing on/pinching a muscle. This isn't something I can fix. He has to find a hand surgeon and get that fixed. But once the surgery is done, I can help to make sure the healing goes the right direction.

One very basic example of the way energy works is with computers. I know many people that have serious problems with computers. How? It is an inanimate object right? It can't make decisions, or do it's own thing. However, if you put a magnet on the computer, you can massively screw it up. If a person has an injury, the doctor may order an MRI, *magnetic* resonance imaging. That measures the persons magnetic field actions. Hence a person has a magnetic field. If the person gets upset, the field changes. When people are not getting along with their computer, I tell them to calm down, talk kindly to the computer, treat it like a buddy. It never fails. Dozens of people work much better with their computers now. And all of them have come back to me and said every time they start to have problems, they think about what I said, as soon as they calm down, everything goes right. It is working within the realms of science, to control the energy fields around one's self and manipulate the objects affected.

btw, I work with animals and people. I do have a 100% diagnostic rate. I have even had one diagnosis that was so rare, involving a medication, that had a 1:10, 000, 000 of being the problem. So rare the vet involved didn't even know it was a possiblity. At my insistence she went and looked it up to find out I was correct.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Interesting. However, people dont have magnetic fields, rather the MRI uses powerful magnets to exite an element (hydrogen) and that gives off radiation that can be detected and measured. Humans dont naturally have any magnetic fields.

However, your record is somewhat impressive, and does this mean that you are able to detect things normal people cannot, and can this be directed tested?

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Sorry about the delay in response.

For the magnetic stuff, I don't know the details. Chemistry was NEVER a strong point. I dropped out before I actually made it to attending med school. And thank my stars every day that I did. I just know that it works. Pointing out that the mood of the user affects the way the computer works helps more people get along better with the computer.

I am not fond of the term "normal people" because I think every one has the potential to learn. I also don't nessecarily feel that it is detecting stuff others can't. I think it has more to do with keeping an open mind. For example, the dog I mentioned previously. The occurance of the illness was so rare, the vet did not once think of a correlation between the medication and the illness (hemophelia). One year and thousands of dollars later (not paid by me, but a non-profit no-kill adoption group) and the final determination was, medication. I did not close myself off to a possiblity, and therefore was able to detect it.

Direct testing, I do it quite frequently. Unfortunantly, as stated before, doubt makes it more difficult. Because of the way doubt affects the energy waves. If I go to someone who is doubting when they aren't expecting the action, then it is possible, but when they are expecting the action, they tend to block. When someone trusts, they open up. Animals almost always trust. They don't know how not to. Even when they are afraid, they still believe.

Studies do show the power of prayer. That people who have others praying for them have better recovery times. However, they have also shown no difference in which god is prayed to . . .Allah, Budda, God, Gaia as long as there are people directing healthy energy towards recovery.

Personal involvement does affects my abilities. I can't treat my own pets. If they are injured, I freak out too much to focus. Nor can I treat myself. Sometimes my husband, but mostly because he is good at being calm himself. So together we get through stuff.

I do want to point out that the explinations that I have given, while not really totally satisfying, are what make it magic. Magic can't be totally explained. We don't know exactly what makes it happen (energy), we just know basics. But, think of how often we use energy terms to describe life "The sparks flew" "The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife" "The air was buzzing with excitement"

One thing I do have to say is, people who are out there charging for services are not usually the people who have the true talents.That is scam artists (usually, not always) giving the truely skilled a very bad name. Most of the truely skilled don't feel that we have the right to charge a fee. The ones most heard about are predators preying on the weak, people searching for hope. I do not promise miracles. I only say that I can do what I can, the rest is up to you (the asker/patient).

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Computers are not affected by the mood of the person, knowing how computers operate, and taking into account humans dont produce any meaningful amount of radiation in any form.

Which is what is so baffling about your claims. Humans dont produce radiation from their mind anymore than a rock, so how can these things be possible?

If such a thing was detected, and all EM radiation can, then we could stretch it to account for these things, and perhaps healing of some sort, as well as a host of other phenomenons, but I still see no proof.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Raideur,

You have said many times that humans do not have an Em field, or radiate to any degree, this is simply not true. We have electricity running through our bodies, run current through anything and you get some level of EM field. Run current through many materials and you get a magnet.

Here is an article you may find interesting, the abstract is as follows:

If there is one single concept that helps to explain much about human interpersonal communication, it is the concept that humanity has an inherent connection with its environment, the basis of which is human consciousness itself, something which is now quantifiable, at least on a theoretical basis. The electric charges coursing through the human brain are measurable by means of an electroencephalogram. Humans thus have an electromagnetic energy field. As a result of this, the human body could act as an aerial that has the potential for simultaneous transmission and reception of energy with its environment (Samways, 1992).

That is from a peer-reviewed scientific journal that is no longer in active publication.

www.journaloftheoretics.com...

We will eventually have the means to properly investigate human EM fields, both indivdually and group interactions. And when we do, we will find that the mystics have been there all along.

A.T
(-)

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
"Even the human body produces a subtle magnetic fields generated by chemical reaction within cells and ionic currents of the nervous system"
library.thinkquest.org...

"Like any other biological system consisting of cells, the human body produces and emits wave radiations of an electromagnetic nature, that is weak luminous radiations."
www.stepstoperfecthealth.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Should of corrected myself when I said that, but I agree the human body has current, though incredibly small, that it does produce a very localized and small EM field, however, my statement implied it doesnt produce a field that could manipulate or even effect anything outside the body. It simply isnt strong enough. Thus the whole idea of EM waves seems false, unless it can be directly shown to be true.

I'd like to see the cells that produce high powered Em radiation though.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Dunno, I think it can. (not high powered, just enough to influence outside stuff) I can tell you that I and my brother, father, grandfather, and most of my aunts uncles and cousins (from my father's side) can't wear watches. My brother and grandfather (don't know about the others) can't even have pocket watches. They stop telling time. Seriously. For me, if I take it off and leave it for a week, then I can reset the time and it will work (as long as I don't put it on again, if I do, the next time it goes it is for good). For my brother, they are dead permenantly. Myself, I can put a couple layers of clear nail-polish on the back of a watch and get a few extra days wear out of it. Doesn't work for my brother.

[edit on 25-8-2005 by Ariande Tau]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
Computers are not affected by the mood of the person, knowing how computers operate, and taking into account humans dont produce any meaningful amount of radiation in any form.
roof.

Random number programs/computer generated can statistically be

influenced by people. Please Mr. R, check it out!!

Even mechanical devices such as plishinko machines show a statistically significant deviation from the norm caused by people concentrating on a specific result. What more proof do you need????

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
.....mechanical devices changing probability due to human brain power?

Link me up, Scotty.

I must see this, and more importantly, if it has any credibility.
As for the watches wearing out, I bet you I could find a watch that wouldnt die when you wear it, but thats besides the point, we would have to conduct a test of you wearing various watches with several other people doing the same thing in the same place and then single you out, and then make a guess what would cause it.

That would be conclusive proof.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I've worn many different types of watches. Including one that was gold with silver inlay and diamond chips, a graduation gift. That one actually holds out for a long time before the time starts going wonky. Of course, gold itself isn't magnetic and not a good conductor. Just the components inside.

So has my brother. Actually, his last job the entire staff was required to wear watches. He couldn't. His boss wouldn't believe him that the watches don't work. Finally, he made a deal with his boss. His boss would buy a watch, my brother would wear it. If it was still working after one week, he would pay for it. Otherwise, it came out of his boss' pocket. By the next day his watch was dead. His boss bought him a new watch, and made him leave it at the office when my brother went home. By the end of the next day it wouldn't work. His boss gave up, since he could see for himself that my brother wasn't doing something to the watch.

It was years before I realized just HOW unsual this trait was. Since so many in my family shared it, it never occured to me that it was so abnormal. By your own standards, the experiment of set activities, same as others, monitored situation, can it be repeated? It was, twice, by a disbeliever.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
www.answers.google.com...

www.mindspring.com...

www.sleepnet.com...

groups.google.com... rnum=1

www.near-death.com...

I myself have never had a near death experience, but almost 80% of those who have, have problems with watches.

I also have been known to have problems with lights blowing, and magnetic strips on my id badge and credit cards. Although, the magnetic strip doesn't happen too often, just enough for me to have to replace mine about twice as often as the average person. And it drives my husband nuts how quickly we go through light bulbs.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
i guess that would explain reactions when people touch radio or tv antennas to aquire a slightly better reception. i believe that we have these energy fields, though we just have to learn how to control/amplify them somehow, if that's even possible.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
We still need to prove we even have energy fields. I simply dont see how it can be physically possible, and unless we're cracking natural laws, it needs some type of explanation. And the "we have electricity" theory doesnt cut it because the power created by sodium ions in neurons is virtually no power.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I hate to break this to you Raideur, but not everything in life is explainable.
The human body is one of the biggest mysteries. We know some stuff, but not much at all. How is it that a dog (and then only 10% of all dogs) can detect an eptileptic attack before it happens? What about the newest discovery, cancer stiffing dogs? What about people diagnosed with terminal illness, given weeks-months to live, refusing treatment and 1 year later be clean of illness?

1500 years ago, we believed that we knew how to cure a headache, just drill a hole in the person's skull and release the demons. Today we admit, asprin, maybe? Migraine? Hope you catch it early. If you don't you are hosed.

600 years ago, we KNEW the world was flat. Today, nope.

100 years ago we knew there was nothing smaller than an atom. Then we broke one apart.

Life changes. Our perceptions change. Reality changes. It certainly did after the atomic bomb.

We do not know what 70% of our brain is even there for. How do we know what it is capable of doing? How do you know that my body doesn't create a bigger EM field than yours? What is YOUR proof that it isn't? I can present witnesses that can say a watch will break when I wear it. I can present witnesses that will talk about my diagnostic ability. Can you present evidence to the contrary?

Additionally, you are so focused on the concept of Electromagnetic Energy. That was only ONE of the energies mentioned. There is also thermal, mechanical, chemical, nuclear/radiant.

If you have a scientific inclination, let me tell you, an open mind is what you are supposed to have. Not prejudical mind set.

In terms of theory, the burden of proof lies in DISproving. Not in proving. I have told you the basic "equipment" that is required. Open mind, spirit and body. Ability to focus and trust. You have admitted that you don't have the "equipment" to duplicate the test. If it was a chem lab, or a biology lab, and you didn't have the supplies to duplicate the test, then the fact that it failed to reproduce results wouldn't even be looked at twice.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You are very correct.

We do not know everything, nor will we ever.

We are still very ignorant about things, but we have progressed.
In every field we have progressed, and some questions have been answered and new ones have appeared.

But magic remains the same questions. Since the beginning of human thought, magic is still the unexplainable, just beyond our field of vision, and so it has remained, while conciousness and the world and heavens and life has all been seen in a new light and progressed, magic is still the same, mysterious, and untestable thing it was 2000 years ago.

I cant think of any other topics that havent seen any advances since the beginning of civilization.

This is why I question it, to advance it, its not an attack on the topic, its an inqury about it.

Magic is in the dark, and I want to shine some light on it, so see if anything is actually there or if this is the hollow projections of our psyche.

2000 years ago, lightning was the mysterious wrath of the Gods, and look at it now.
Same with everything else.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
the top magicians today, like Blaine, Angel, and Copperfield, have taken magic to new heights. They have shown that the magical acts recorded in history can be repeated today, over and over again. Not by everyone though. It is a very rare talent. But it is real, and it is much advanced from the past. I do not think that the other areas of study are at all figured out. Magnetism, Electricity, Gravity, Light, Time, etc. all have much to be learned still.
I don't see a good reason to prove magic is real. I am convinced, and it is not my business if others are or not, that is up to them to decide. Just don't try to say that I must change my views so that they agree with anyone else's. I will choose what I believe, and give all others the same freedom. We can all be right, and anyone can also be wrong, no matter who.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Um, I really dont think we can take TV magic as real, and Im sure people on both sides of this will agree thats not the best source....

I simply feel trying to get a definitive answer only requires time.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Just like you can't trust everyone, you can't trust all you see on tv. But since seeing these things in person, I see no reason to doubt that they are real on tv too. Just my way of seeing it.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Then maybe you dont belive in the bible then?..Because if you did,then would you call your God a person who lie's?.If The sea was parted by a staff,a burning bush that spoke,water changed to blood,a few fish that fed hundreds of people,and Jesus leaving his tomb after he was dead.Or maybe when Jesus healed the sick,blind,crippled,would you call this all magic?..Or would it just be a lie?..This is no differant than the belive's in those who practice magic or pray to their Goddess/Gods.You may ask for us to prove what you are asking,But can you prove to us that God or Jesus,had powers?..No..It maybe in a book saying it,just like our books tell and lead us..We have preist's to teach us as the same teaching you.Its all in what you what to belive or choice of faith.Also look at the evil side of Black Magic(which I dont practice),but VooDoo has been proven,and people turned into Zombies,with herbs.They are still alive,but look dead to the eye.Where White magic that is used to harm none.Can people move things with the mind?Yes..Can people have out of body experences..Yes..Can people mind read,predict,or tell the future?.Yes..But the magic you seek as to make a knife cut a hunk of meat be done..No..Thats not how it works.Its all in what you belive in or your faith,religion.What you are asking is almost saying that a computer is smarter than a human,and they are not..Remember it was a human brain that built and teaches the computer what to do..Nothing is smarter than the mind,for without it,there would be no life,or world or things invented everyday.The same with magic,its in the heart of what you want and belive

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join