It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, Ancient Aliens or Mother Nature?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Except, there's a FOURTH possibility you haven't considered and that needs mentioning: Man did it to himself.

That's what I meant as being part of Mother Nature. Man "Naturally developed" towards our present state.

So, it's back to three imho.

Hold your horses a bit -- "civilization" means "living in cities." It does NOT mean lack of culture, social groups, tribes, or clothing, technology, sophisticated relationships, and rules.

Why would you feel the need to imply that I've missed something there? Nothing I've written contradicts nor opposes your reply. As a matter of fact it sounds to me. No offense sounds more like cherry picking

But nature alone didn't do it to us. WE did it to ourselves, creating rules and "jobs" so that we could live in large groups in an area with poorer or changed resources.

For the record and clarification.

Mother Nature was in reference to Evolution as apposed to God or genetic engineering by Aliens. I'm surprised you didn't catch that angle?

As far as WE doing it ourselves? Did WE cause the last ice age? No WE didn't. WE did however had to adapt and create new ways to survive. Where did this ability to adapt come from?

Nature, through our evolutionary biological adaptive abilities?
God, providing a guiding hand?
ET, Genetically manipulating us?
edit on 29-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Nephelim are actually composed of aliens from the orion group.

Elohim are actually composed of aliens from the galactice federation of light.

Most pyramids on earth are orientated with the orion group, including the great pyramid of giza. Extremely precisely built, so much so that I think it is totally incomprehensible that humans could cut such giant boulders, move them to the site they wanted build and then to put everything together. Even today with the machinery we have it is almost impossible, maybe it is impossible.

Flying saucers are real and come in all different shapes and sizes. Underground bases seem to be real to as some people on ATS have claimed to work there in the past. Yes I believe we recovered alien technology, but more importantly was given technology in exchange for obedience, raw mineral exploitation rights, and abductions of humans and animals.

People should stop believing mainstream religions and try to look at the bigger picture. Religion is causing death and destruction. It is setting us back! I think the ptb intentionally block ufo disclosure and encourage people to continue believing in mainstream religions. They want to fulfill their masters agenda of depopulation. Either the bad aliens feel we are too strong for them militarily and number wise or the illuminati has a hard time keeping their cover from being blown wide open. It is time for humanity to fight the good fight and win. If we lose at least we will not backstab ourselves.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

If the Earth-Moon-Sun relationship is by-design and geared towards life on earth, including the evolution of the human being, then you're mistaken to simply say that it's all natural based on mere random selection alone.

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I've concluded that life on earth including the evolution of mankind has occurred by intelligent design, in particular as it relates to the moon-earth-sun relationship, and that while ancient aliens may have played a role as change agents, nevertheless, the only conclusion that I can draw since these things involve origins going all the way back to the very origin of our solar system, by design, that the God hypothesis is the best one.

For more, check this out.

Moon-Seed by Intelligent Design

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

If the Earth-Moon-Sun relationship is by-design and geared towards life on earth, including the evolution of the human being, then you're mistaken to simply say that it's all natural based on mere random selection alone.

How can one be mistaken when one asks questions and requests others to post their opinions and input?

It seems you've left out the other two options I've mentioned God or ET.

So....

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tzdub

I believe there is a creator, and I think this concept is hard to grasp for many because they restrict their concept of "God" to what they know about religion.

I agree, as I have said before we, misuse and misunderstand the term supernatural, we attach it to something that is just beyond our understanding, the creator could be just as natural as we are.

But I wonder about immortality, the soul and the spirit.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
In my opinion everything is too perfect for it just to be the way it is. Some might say god, and some might say aliens. My question is why not both. The ancients may have called them gods while we call them aliens.

I believe that ancient aliens just might be the angels and gods some believe in today. I think the ancients were way smarter than the average man is today. Almost like we devolved over time. They knew what was important. Family, food, communities, life, animals, mother nature (the earth). While the modern man ( the west is all I know) looks towards technology as the great thing. What new phone, video game, clothes, or car is coming out. To me it seems the ancient man had way more figured out than we could ever dream off.

Detroit is always the example I use. People could drop out of school and live a great middle class life working in the motor city, but at what cost? Uneducated children having having children and not knowing how to take care of them. When it all fell look at Detroit now. It's truly sad. Detroit was just the first now it looks like the way America go. I'm way off topic now so my answer is I think both God and ancient aliens are the answer just over time mans ego grew to tell us we are the top we are number 1 no one or anything controls us or helped us.

Everyone try this for the next year of your life wake up look in the mirror and tell your self I'm apart of a greater plan that I do not understand and I will put my self last today. It might not make a difference in you for a couple of months but by the end of the year you will be a much greater piece of the puzzle we all share together.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

the soul is connected to the whole, one that is free (god) will not make himself suffer more then he needs to be or he would very simple and logically not be free, because of a need for one tu suffer outside the work that needs to be done.
IT cancels out hell, but it does not cancel out the wrongs of this life. But it allows the soul to develop into a seal of full freedom.
What is the soul, the soul is all what you belief, nothing more, it is your identity.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Johncarter12345

OFF topic but interesting

Cities rise and they fall.
They always have and always will. Detroit is no different nor is it a "Sign" of things to come imho. It had a purpose. The purpose no longer exists. Detroit will either adapt or simply no longer be viable. Which has happened to countless cities and towns throughout human history.

Why should an American City be any different?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

How can one be mistaken when one asks questions and requests others to post their opinions and input?

It seems you've left out the other two options I've mentioned God or ET.

So....

Fair enough. I thought you were advocating for the Mother Nature argument. Sorry for the confusion.

I simply wish to bring to the debate the notion that the earth-moon-sun relationship and coincidence factors prove intelligent design and nullify any sort of Strong Anthropic Principal which claim the data to be meaningless simply on the basis that if it wasn't the way it is, we wouldn't be here to make such observations which is a stupid and unscientific argument.

edit on 29-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Francis Collins, director of the human genome project, is an atheist turned Christian who sees a scientific basis for God that not only embraces modern science but actually relies on it. Collins has just launched a new website and a foundation called biologos, which "emphasizes the compatibility of Christian faith with what science has discovered about the origins of the universe and life."

www.amazon.com...

www.usnews.com...
youtu.be...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The first reason is that the claim that the majority of our DNA is "junk" has long been used by ID critics as an objection to design: Why would a designer fill our chromosomes with so much redundancy? That would be surprising given the hypothesis of design but would make perfect sense under a Darwinian framework, where such sequences can be understood to be "the remains of nature's experiments which failed" (Ohno, 1972). So, while these findings do not necessarily support ID or discredit Darwinism, they answer an often-heard criticism of the design hypothesis.

The second reason is that this news demonstrates the greater heuristic value of ID relative to evolutionary naturalism. While the notion that life is the product of an entirely blind and unguided natural process fits well with the observation that a lot of our DNA is without function, the hypothesis of design expects that we will find engineering purposes wherever we look in the cell. While the paradigm of evolutionary naturalism discourages and hinders the search for function, the ID paradigm actively encourages it.

Thirdly, shared "junk DNA" has often been alleged to offer compelling evidence for common descent. But if these non-coding sequences are, in fact, functional, then why can these shared sequences not be explained just as readily by common design?

Finally, the prized 98% sequence-identify figure between humans and chimpanzees relates to the 2% of DNA that codes for the production of proteins. The non-protein-coding regions of DNA are far more species-specific. If these stretches of non-coding DNA really are functional, then what becomes of this sequence-identity figure and its significance with respect to shared ancestry?

www.evolutionnews.org...

Could advances in science lead us to the belief in intelligent design, I think so.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

True we have seen evidence of this during our countries history of the old west cities came, and if they served no purpose they became ghost towns.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Interesting turn of the topic...

It is these type of events that leads so many to the conclusion of mother nature. The seemingly cold heart of the universe in choosing what thrives and what fails. Although, I guess for many misery could also lead them to interpret some divine plan in order to give meaning to it all.

If the struggling people of the world had no preconceived notion, I wonder if the idea of a benevolent omniscient God would ever occur to them?

I read a book a year or two ago called "The Problem of Pain" by CS Lewis. It was a treaty on the contradiction between the belief in God on the amount of suffering we see in the world. Good read. His conclusion was basically that it offers the opportunity for heroism.

Personally, when I see many of the survival struggles in the world, if i can bring myself to look deeper and below the surface, it is really a very elegant and sophisticated design and I think pain can easily be a component of a world driven by God.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I simply wish to bring to the debate the notion that the earth-moon-sun relationship and coincidence factors prove intelligent design and nullify any sort of Strong Anthropic Principal which claim the data to be meaningless simply on the basis that if it wasn't the way it is, we wouldn't be here to make such observations which is a stupid and unscientific argument.

The problem with that is that some will argue that the moon wasn't always the distance from the Earth it is presently.

NASA and other scientific institutes have proven that the moon is slowly drifting away from the Earth. So, in the past it was much closer than it is now. In the future it will be farther away. Both periods, in the past and in the future, it will no longer be that unique "Fit" as it is now.

One could argue that we are a result of that unique fit with all the contributing factors outlined in their arguments and not proof of anything other than a period of transition from being closer to being farther away. Is it proof of a Divine entity or simply a major contributing factor to our existence?

Are we simply a result of it's unique fit/position and are able to contemplate that fact?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by lookingfortruth79
If the concept on one "God" is correct then why didn't we start out that way?

From what we've learned from the oldest UNchanged social groups (the nomads of the Kalahari, the Bushmen, etc) the idea of a "god" also came later. Early people seem to be "animists" -- they believe all things have spirits and some spirits are more powerful than others, but the idea of spirit reflects nature that they see.

In other words, in the desert, there isn't one giant unique animal that is the ruler of every single animal out there. There are powerful animals that rule or dominate their own kind, but no one Grand Zookeeper.

see now thats awesome to read. I knew that most of the tribal groups still around believed in spirits all around them, but i was un aware of them actually defining one specificly stronger spirit for each of the spirits groups. very intresting indeed. Thank you for that information Byrd

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
s&f slayer! Another great thread.

Ancient Aliens for sure.

Anyone who has ever stood next to the Giza Pyramids in the soaring Egyptian sun will tell you absolutely no chance they were built by human hands.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The problem with that is that some will argue that the moon wasn't always the distance from the Earth it is presently.

NASA and other scientific institutes have proven that the moon is slowly drifting away from the Earth. So, in the past it was much closer than it is now. In the future it will be farther away. Both periods, in the past and in the future, it will no longer be that unique "Fit" as it is now.

One could argue that we are a result of that unique fit with all the contributing factors outlined in their arguments and not proof of anything other than a period of transition from being closer to being farther away. Is it proof of a Divine entity or simply a major contributing factor to our existence?

Are we simply a result of it's unique fit/position and are able to contemplate that fact?

That is part of the argument for intelligent design in the sense that the moon needed to be closer in ancient earth history to drive the process of evolution - think major tidal forces drawing salt water into inland pools leading to the dissolution and reintegration of DNA recombinations. The most intriguing aspect however is that the moon perfectly eclipses the sun only at the stage where man stands at the apex of evolution as an observer, to bear witness to the coincidence, which doesn't end with the eclipse.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

That is part of the argument for intelligent design in the sense that the moon needed to be closer in ancient earth history to drive the process of evolution - think major tidal forces drawing salt water into inland pools leading to the dissolution and reintegration of DNA recombinations. The most intriguing aspect however is that the moon perfectly eclipses the sun only at the stage where man stands at the apex of evolution as an observer, to bear witness to the coincidence, which doesn't end with the eclipse.

If "God" is infinite and all powerful could he have not set all this in motion on his timescale so as man's rise would be because of these planetary bodies moving as he set in motion?

I think for those who would argue the "God" aspect should expand their views of his abilities imho, they refer to God as being all powerful and infinite. Yet can't seem to attribute those abilities to his time frame and unitizing the Universe he has created.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

The most intriguing aspect however is that the moon perfectly eclipses the sun only at the stage where man stands at the apex of evolution as an observer, to bear witness to the coincidence, w

So the moon slowly is moving away.

There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea.

The Bible says there are changes,

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Well considering that Ooparts (out of place artifacts) exist, i think people understimate the power of human ingenuity. IMO the human race achieved advanced civilzation once before, but a cataclysm set us back, and is probably what the great flood is that happened. Perhaps man got too big for his breeches too fast and God decided to slow our progress before we destroyed ourselves.

Ofcourse, in the Holy Bible and the Enuma Elish we see a very similar tale in which outsiders come from a different dimension and start mating with the daughters of men and make hybrids (Nephilim). The Enuma Elish paints the hybrids as a "slave" force, where as the bible paints the hybrids as monsters that nearly destroyed mankind and only a handful of suvivors were chosen to rebuild the human race from those whose DNA hadn't been tainted by the Nephilim (Noah, "pure in his generations").

Oopart above. It's pretty obvious we were influenced by outsiders, even the laws we have today are based on them.

Ba'albek stone, weighs over a million pounds. We don't have tech that can even lift or move this carved stone yet these things were used to build with. Thought the Nephilim used these stones to build with. The Book of Giants found with the dead sea scrolls depicts the nephilim giants as being up to 400 feet tall with immense strength, more than capable of lifting these blocks and the nephilim were powerful enough to be able to hold their own in a fight against their fallen angel parents. Gilgamesh from the Epic of Gilgamesh was spoken of in the DSS Book of Giants as a nephilim.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

If "God" is infinite and all powerful could he have not set all this in motion on his timescale so as man's rise would be because of these planetary bodies moving as he set in motion?

I think for those who would argue the "God" aspect should expand their views of his abilities imho, they refer to God as being all powerful and infinite. Yet can't seem to attribute those abilities to his time frame and unitizing the Universe he has created.

God could be a computer program or a warlord of good aliens.

The terms creator and god are not necessarily compatible.

We have a small percentage of the puzzle assembled and trying to figure the big picture, while simultaneously arguing which messiah or prophet is genuine in our beliefs. Beliefs can be flawed and often are, but truth/reality is singular and known by few.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join