It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, Ancient Aliens or Mother Nature?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

aliens

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yep religion has shaped the path of mankind just as much as technology has heard somewhere that if the dark ages had never ocurred we would be way further than we currently are.

Don't know abut that.
The dark ages were just desserts for an evil empire that had it coming.

We'd probably all be dumb serf's with ZERO technology, serving a tiny clique of degenerated priest-masters of Rome if the Roman Empire had it's way (back in the 100 - 200 AD).

Yes I know, things are pretty lousy now with a not much worse lot of elite's running things.
If the so-called 'barbarians' hadn't hit the reset button not even have this internet!
The internet is not a government innovation, part-invention yes. Not innovation though...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by adamdbrn

You deserve stars for that my friend.

Yes the archontic ways are a hassle alright.

Our origin's lay in the pre-Greek Sea Peoples of an unspoken empire that either got submerged under rapidly rising sea level, or scattered about the world.
They got around did these good-folk and were called many names by the primitive folks they visited and helped.

Viracocha, Hyperboreans, Sea Peoples and many more.
Sea travel was their thing, maybe before the great disaster there were some flying machines, the jury's still out on that though.

One thing is for certain though, history is HEAVILY controlled by the secret rulers and they jealously guard it's secrets.
Some country's destroy their history (Chinese) out of pride, others bury and secret it (Vatican) and elsewhere it's distorted (India).
He who controls history, has a lynchpin on the future...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
New findings
Native Americans and Northern Europeans More Closely Related Than Previously Thought,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
where the heck did everybody go?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
the accomplishments of human kind are not from God, nor Aliens... but maybe Mother Nurture--- if we think in terms of Human Nature

there are two distinct models that spur on human achievements...

look at the generational model for progression from the viewpoint of 'The Fourth Turning' a book by Strauss & Howe
en.wikipedia.org...

the second model would be the more esorteric model of human activity that was explored first by Terence McKenna with the 'Time Wave' model he presented... humans progress in fits & starts as they continually disintegrate as a complex society,,, resulting in Entropy of a civilization which McKenna calls a 'Novelty" climax
en.wikipedia.org...

men are animals that are driven by emotion, often confounded with spirits (gods/aliens/etc)

i ching along with timewave zero are the outward expressions of the esorteric side of human nature
4th turning is a practical/mundane model of a 'force' being exercised by a generation upon the other generations

edit on 4-12-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Why was this the case? Where, why and how did this sudden explosion of development start? We were as a species doing just fine minding our own business bee-bopping through the jungles, forests and across the vast plains then something changed and we were rocketed into a seemingly mindless mad dash towards development.

There is not a single God
God is within you in the form of a set of rules and beliefs
There are no aliens
Only thing IMO that drove the civilization is the basic necessities and dietary habits. One can research the basic ingredients of crops and ingredients to understand a region or history. Lets take a single simple example Salt. The most basic ingredient of any cooking. It has been linked to Religion, Economics, Warfare etc. The simple ability of most creatures on earth to use their intelligence through the process of evolution/adaptation is the key. Nature throws elements which has a domino effect since the first time we learned to use tools. This is not by design. Even many experiments prove the intelligence, adaptation and learning abilities of creatures in the labs that given a circumstance, the subject improvises and adapts to the surroundings.

As far back as 6050 BC, salt has been an important and integral part of the world’s history, as it has been interwoven into the daily lives of countless historic civilizations. Used as a part of Egyptian religious offerings and valuable trade between the Phoenicians and their Mediterranean empire, salt and history have been inextricably intertwined for millennia, with great importance placed on salt by many different races and cultures of people. Even today, the history of salt touches our daily lives. The word “salary” was derived from the word “salt.” Salt was highly valued and its production was legally restricted in ancient times, so it was historically used as a method of trade and currency. The word “salad” also originated from “salt,” and began with the early Romans salting their leafy greens and vegetables. Undeniably, the history of salt is both broad ranging and unique, leaving its indelible mark in cultures across the globe.

SALT
If you study the art of cooking, many of the regions/civilizations/countries have a rich history about how to use the ingredients available locally in the region. What prompted them to use a certain plant over another to determine its health benefits and/or nutritious values? I would assume its a trial and error phase where HUNGER drives the instincts to seek calories to sustain the life as we know it. However with the genetic design and bipedalism and ability to grasp, observe, taste, smell and sense the objects around us, the envelope was pushed with trial and error (use of stone instead of a wooden log to break open a nut/human/object

In addition, ability to survive the forces of nature (fire, water, hurricane winds etc), instincts drive you to seek protection from all the elements. I'm sure the landscape which indefinitely formed much much earlier then humans provided much of the shelter to the earlier humans but as they expanded their territory for scavenging (as the animals do), it enabled them to contemplate and make use of the elements that helped them survive the forces of nature such as fire, wind and hurricane force winds. Stones, Rocks, tree barks, leaves, animal bones etc. In some regions certain natural resources were abundant due to the weather such as the tropics where thousands of species of vegetation thrives where many of them are edible. With the increase in numbers, certainly the ability to adopt to vegetation increased which IMO also shapes and aids to the development of the brain and physiology overall such as ability to think, skin texture, bone structure, etc. Needless to say that much of it happened over several generations where its 'watch and learn' process of habits/skills that were perfected for the basic necessities (Farming???) Just a simple case of watching edible seed fall to the ground and germinate during a single hungry season can be enough to drive the curiosity as per its origin. Drop few more and you have more germinated plants. The chinese are the masters of survival as they can pretty much consume everything thats available to them in the natural world as they are very well adapted to their environment. However they also share a deep history in ancient medicines just the way other cultures do. Its a process that is perfected over several generations to accept a method or ingredient or way of life. Everything else is nothing more than expansion for resources just the way we still do in the modern era if you believe it or not. Oil, Gold, Mineral Ores, Food, Energy etc etc. However the competition is stiffer now then it was during the stone age
Just a knee jerk comment after reading the posts so far.
edit on 7-12-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
and another thing,

At one time a virgin birth, as depicted in the Bible was considered fantasy buy some, but today with modern science it is doable,

Who is to say aliens didn't have the technology, sure they did.

Or god

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Its actually very logical,and at a scientific standpoint,it couldnt be more logical.

All of those 3 are connected. Aliens,is just a biological piece of the puzzle. We "humans" are ET ourselves remember.

We are an intelligent race living on a planet,in a galaxy,in the universe. So we are per fact an ET race

You might want to study,science\history\nature\ and the universe in general to get a better understanding.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by adamdbrn

To be honest everybody I'm surprised this thread has done as well as it did

The topic could have gone all sidesways and squirly but didnt

Props to all of you who kept on topic and stayed focused.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Firstly slayer ty for the invite to join this thread. I have some very unorthodox opinions about what is the reality of human history. While I lean very heavily towards alternative theories, I have no beliefs, because everything we know could in fact be a lie. We may not even remotely understand our reality nearly to a fraction of the extent that we think we do. Through archeological, personal ancestral histories passed down and my own experiences, my best assessment is that there is much more to our development than we can imagine. There is much more to life and the universes than we are able to yet comprehend properly. I have had some very enlightening experiences and know that we are so tiny, and yet still so important all at the same time. While I would love to sit down and talk to others who are interested in this discussion, I am just really not in a place where I want to explain and re-explain my point of view on this subject right now. I have no desire to convince anyone that my viewpoint is the right one, or the only one and I don't think they would truly be able to understand it if I tried to share it because relaying my experiences is rather difficult to explain. The one thing I am certain of is that everything is connected. Take that however you will. *love, light and peace*

edit on 22-12-2012 by NephraTari because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join