It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, Ancient Aliens or Mother Nature?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Perhaps angels are aliens. That would explain the connection between god and the greys..

So one of them rebelled and was sent to earth to prove his claim.

He took a bunch of other angels with him and began to spread his "light".

Since then he has sown his tentacles deeply into the fabrics of how we live controlling every aspect and having the ability to pre-programme the timeline of human development.

Everything he has developed or created as lord over this rock we live on has been to divert us away from loving our true creator thus proving his point to god..

that we are not worthy..

I'd say he is winning

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
So here is my two pence worth on this

Earth is 4.5 billion years old and has always been habitable. What's to say there weren't civilizations 2 billion years ago?

TWO BILLION YEARS AGO... That's a long time!! We have probably forgotten a hell of a lot more than we have learned. I actually believe we are and have been visited by aliens in ancient times as well as now the universe is 14 billion years old a civilization has travelled to the stars regardless of whether or other have mastered faster than light technology SOMEONE would have had the balls to build a "generation ship"

But to not give the inhabitants of THIS planet the credit for what has been achieved in history is crazy. We have had time....

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
nice thread! s&f for you!

its nice to see a thread that questions these 3 thoughts of our beginnings,instead of some one 'holier than thou' trying to ram their 'correct' version down our throats!
i believe we have been here a lot longer than science gives us credit for.
i think the ancients were just as 'advanced' as us (maybe different,but just as good!) and some global cataclysm befell the earth,and we had to start over (again?) the wise people spread out around the remaining habitable parts of the earth,and started the painfully slow process of rebuilding. imagine a major asteroid impact in the atlantic ocean.
the tsunamis that would happen in north america,and africa! this would be a good description of 'noah's ark',no?
they have found salt water sea fossils on the tops of mountains in south america! how else would they get there if not from a huge tidal wave? there is even a salt water lake in the andes! what about the dead sea? its salt water,(very salty!)
as for the alien thing,i don't think warp speed is very practical,so if they are visiting,i think they are doing it interdimentionally. maybe the aliens are US from the future!
as for god,well,any body who knows me here will know i like a good 'dust up' over 'him'!!!

the moral teachings are remnants of past cultures who practiced this with their families and clans.
the end of the world stories of all religions are long forgoten memories of natural events that may or may not have occurred. (noah's flood is a world wide myth,an asteroid strike would be a global phenomenon)
just my 2 cents worth!
a iam a fan of graham hancock,and his book 'fingerprints of the gods' is a very good book!
cheers

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
See my concept on god is rather different then most. I know at points in history that "One" god was not the case infact egyptians, chinese, india, Pre-inca, Greeks, Romans, vikings, and Celts just to name a few, all had multiable gods, not just one. The advent of the one god statment is actually a realtivly new concept. One that im going to postulate is a man made creation more then god"s word. We know that atleast by the time the hebrews had left egypt that trade to/with china and persia and various other places in Erupoe and Asia/MiddleEast was established or on its way to being established already. So if during all this traveling one is trying to create and promote(for lack of a better word) your religious belief, it needs to appeal to all. How do you make someone who could be a completely different race/religion then you with different gods etc believe? One god! If you make them understand that your god is mighter and can do what all their gods combined can do wrapped up into a single being then your gonna amaze people. Is this true? Probably. Its really my speculation, but its got a point.

If the concept on one "God" is correct then why didn't we start out that way? Thats what i don't understand and im sorry statements of " Man was at awe with nature and thusly created each deity out of lack of knowledge of what it was." does not cut it for me. If we are going to beiieve evolution then humans were creatures of nature.. they were animals and to think that a animal doesn't know what rain , thunder , lightning, wind, fire are is just being silly. All animals know what is bad for their health and well being. Its only instincts after all and the same applies for hominids.

If we are going to attribute the same intellect we have now to our ancestors (minus the tech) then we have to believe they believed in multiable gods for a reason. And if we are going to believe that they built these fantastic buildings around the world in various climates and enviroments, each one with its own different problems in respects to the building of it for each of these different gods, then we cannot make the mistake of under estimating the importance of those gods to the people. It is one thing to make a chuch nowadays, but we are using materials that make sense, not gigantic blocks of stone that would take serious amounts of time to quarry, craft, move,and place. All this while trying to survive in a world a heck of alot wilder then the wildest days of the old west. What drove them?

Why?

Why were these temples important enough to create when nothing would happen? Or atleast nothing that we have emperical proof of, yet they are there staring at us and defing us to find their secrets. Make no mistake i know some elborate works have been created in the one gods name but lets compare them. The pyramid, the ziggarauts of sumer, Baalbek, various temples in south america.. all the temples in india . the list goes on and on and when you do the comparison between what we have made for the one god vs what we were making for each respective god of the various cultures.. its heavily in favor of the old gods in my honest opinion.

The point is i don't see that kind of drive behind God, i see people believe , but i dont see a drive that would cause people to create wonders of the world. Perhaps thats only my perspective, but it seems that way to me. So i guess what im saying is i believe, like i stated in my prior post, that at some point in our history we saw them. Perhaps they were here for along time. Perhaps they had little interaction with us at all, seeing us as a lowly life form they did whatever they were doing with little regard to us. Perhaps they even did some interactions with us. the point is we saw something that made a big enough impression on us as a species that it has managed to stick around this long in its various forms.

This is just my early morning ramblings and may make no sense at all but thats just what i was speculating at having read the many wonderful posts thus far.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Love these topics Slayer!!!

Im putting my vote in and saying ALL 3!!!!

God, Ancient Aliens and Mother Nature contributed to mankind's beginning.

Atom (Adam) split creates a Big Bang filled with dual life (male and female- yin and yang- cause and effect) and the cycle begins.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

New Jerusalem’s Dimensions?

And the one who spoke with me ihad a measuring rod of gold to measure the city and its gates and walls. The city lies foursquare, its length the same as its width. And he measured the city with his rod, 12,000 stadia. Its length and width and height are equal.

Because the city is at least 1,400 miles in length, width and height, it could be shaped like a cube or pyramid. Does the height refer to the wall that surrounds the city or the tallest building? Rev. 21:17 says the wall around the city is about 200 feet, but ESV, NASB and KJV bibles don't specify whether this is the thickness or height. The NIV bible says this is about 200 feet thick, but the footnote says "or high". A cube-shaped city would make sense in the sense the Most Holy place in Solomon's temple(1 Kings 6:20) was shaped like a cube. However, scripture does not provide a definitive answer as to whether the city is cube or pyramid-shaped.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by trinityalways
reply to post by SLAYER69

One last comment Slayer Re: Aliens you may want to read the' disclosureproject dot org ' Our government has a lot of explaining to do and it's being hushed hummm makes you wonder, just saying..

www.washingtonpost.com... 7ab83ab91_story.html

I always suspected

Another Encode leader, Ewan Birney of the European Bioinformatics Institute in Britain, said: “The genome is just alive with stuff. We just really didn’t realize that beforehand.”

“What I am sure of is that this is the science for this century,” he said. “In this century, we will be working out how humans are made from this instruction manual.”

With these new understandings,

Why couldn't there have been a creator?

www.washingtonpost.com... 7ab83ab91_story_1.html

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Tree of the knowledge of good and evil

The phrase in Hebrew: טוֹב וָרָע / tov V'ra, meaning good and evil, is a figure of speech known as a merism. This literary device pairs opposite terms together, in order to create a meaning, so that with the phrase "good and evil" it means "everything". It is equivalent to the Egyptian expression evil-good which also means "everything". In Greek literature, the concept is also used by Telemachus, "I know all things, the good and the evil"

God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;

So we are like god or god is like us.

The LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which mortals had built. And the LORD said, “Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.

So since the beginning God knew we were capable of.."everything"

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Science and Math are the Framework of God's Creation

Evolution doesn't disprove creation. it only shows that said "creator" is alot more intelligent than we like to give them credit for. I also believe that the concept of time has been misconstrued in religious texts. For example, the bible doesnt say the world is really 6,000 years old. that belief comes from the timeframe we percive based on the list of ppl in Genisis. But if you look at those people as "dynasties" rather than indiviuals, that frame of time proves to be much older than 6,000 years. Also, consider that things like carbon dating are only true under the premises that we set.

People also like to think of humans as highly evolved beings. I'm not saying that we havent evolved over the years society wise, but I don't believe that we evolved from monkeys. If that were the case, why are we the only "highly evolved intelligent beings"? You dont see any other species of creatures on this planet interacting or communicating on the level that humans do. What makes us different and so special that we've been able to invent things for the benefit of humanity? what gave us the innovation to build the pyramids, fly to the moon, and communicate worldwide with each other?

I believe there is a creator, and I think this concept is hard to grasp for many because they restrict their concept of "God" to what they know about religion. what many dont realize is that religious text are written from a perspective that allows people to more easily take in the idea of an "omnipotent supreme intelligence". I personally have a problem with organized religion because once you get into the different sects, denominations, and politics it all seems to petty to be reflective of our creator's design. I think this schism in humanty is derived from our natural tendency to separate ourselves into groups; which began with the downfall of humanity.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I have been of the opinion for quite some time now, that intelligent life on this planet has gone through many peaks and valleys, possibly over millions or billions of years. Civilizations begin, grow, peak, and fall. Over and over again ad infinitum. The causes would be as varied as the civilizations themselves.

I am also of the opinion that civilizations did not grow or advance at the same rate all over the planet at the same time. Which leaves open possibilities that could account for gods and ET’s. A civilization that had great advancements in their society in one part of the world, may seem like gods to a very simple and “tribal” type society in another part of the world. And may have even fostered that very idea among a less “worldly” people.

Quetzalcoatl, or Kukulcan come to mind presently, being possibly white and bearded, and supposedly coming from the sky, didn’t seem to mind being thought of as a deity, or a being from another world. Another example could be the mythology of blue skinned(Dyed) people from Lemur or later, Atlantis, teaching the less knowledgeable.

While I wouldn’t rule out the very real possibility that ET’s may have seeded or stumbled upon our little grain of sand in the universe. I also don’t rule out the possibility that “they” are in a sense, us, keeping an eye on a species they have a vested interest in. And maybe they have lent a helping, or sometimes hurting hand throughout history. But I tend to lean toward more terrestrial explanations. I think intelligent life has been here far, far longer than we think it has been at the moment. And in time, I think evidence will continue to surface that proves that assumption. Providing we’re privy to it, that is.

S&F Slayer. I always appreciate what you bring to the table.

edit on 11/29/2012 by Klassified because: Redaction

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

And yet we can't even catch bigfoot and now as I just heard on coast to coast they have secured actual DNA evidence that they do exist and are SO SMART that they know how to AVOID us.

Who is the most intelligent
? We have helicopters, drones, airplanes, jets, off road vehicles, dune buggies, incredible listening devices, pro detectives of the highest caliber with all their high tech gear. Yet we can't catch yeti

edit on 29-11-2012 by thetiler because: spelling

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
My ever-so-humble opinion on the probable source of the origins of life on this planet...

Mother Nature (evolution): 99.99%

Ancient Aliens ("seeding"): 0.01%

Supernatural Being (creation): 0.00%

One source that was not given as a choice would be random or accidental "seeding", i.e., microbes from another part of the universe reaching Earth via an asteroid or comet...

Great thread, btw. Excellent comments all around!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

One question the supporters the darwinists fail to answer me is:

- How is it possible that the dinosaurs evolved into early humans when Humans had the brain to start using fire, make fire, become hunters, draw on walls, put on clothes, later plant crops. NOT A SINGLE ANIMAL started using fire, what do animals do when they see it? Run. Why didn't monkeys as closest to humans and having the physiology start making torches? For so many years not even one animal showed any evolution or getting closer to being and thinking like human.

Explanation: 'Hey we have tails in the skeletons, therefore we were dinosaurs'. Why were giants like the Lovelock Cave, Nevada found? No, not a myth, arrows, giant red hair skeletons, EVERYTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IS HIDDEN FROM PUBLIC TO SUPPORT A LIE!!! Darwin's theory is NOT ALL.

Leaving it all on Darwin's theory is ignorance and stupidity, not that there was no evolution but one has to wonder - EVOLUTION STARTED WHERE?
edit on 29-11-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
As the title suggest it seems to boil down to those three, God, Ancient Aliens or Mother nature.

As I'm sure someone has suggested, it could be ALL three, or a combination of any of the two (twelve possible permutations.)

Except, there's a FOURTH possibility you haven't considered and that needs mentioning: Man did it to himself.

The geological timeline and record shows us evidence of a few variations of seemingly "Intelligent" hominids aka our ancient cousins. Were they genetic dead ends? Did we come from their lines? How often and closely did we interact and interbreed with them?

* they were all intelligent (you have to define "intelligence"
* many were, yes
* Yes -- some of them.
* If (as you said) we came from them, then we interacted and interbred with them.

What we do know is that "Man" as we know him "Modern man" aka "Homo Sapien" that he has been around for a few hundred thousand years. We are to believe that we've only developed Civilization with all it's various cultural aspects in roughly the last + / - ten thousand years with some areas developing earlier while others later to varying degrees.

Hold your horses a bit -- "civilization" means "living in cities." It does NOT mean lack of culture, social groups, tribes, or clothing, technology, sophisticated relationships, and rules.

Where, why and how did this sudden explosion of development start?

Climate (and it's a pretty strong tie-in.)

The Pilocene was a fairly stable time, from a climate standpoint and hominids (as savannah creatures) had little reason to change their hunting method or living areas. Then the Ice Age hit, and the world changed in unpleasant ways for them. Game and food became scarce, water dried up (or floods became more frequent as weather patterns shifted) and humans were soon competing in smaller areas.

They learned to cooperate and live in larger groups and changed methods of hunting.

Once you're in larger groups, rules have to develop. "Mom is always right" becomes an argument over "whose Mom is more right than the other moms?" and taboos about who can have sex with who come into play. Sharing rules develop (how many mates, who gets what food), and the group develops more complex behaviors. Living in larger groups means that "jobs" develop -- the oldest ones become caregivers for children so that the parents can hunt and forage. Everyone lives longer, and with the oldest able to teach the youngest (and enough people so that things like preparing and storing food and clothing can be shared), there is time to work on art and play -- which allow technology to develop.

Yeah, the "hey, look at THIS cool spearpoint" race.

Play allows us to see that "I can make marks on rocks" and allows "marks on rocks" to turn into "I can draw Oog hunting bison!" Play creates and inspires music. Improved technology (as the climate changed and the megafauna disappeared, they had to develop nets and fishing gear and arrows and smaller points to hunt deer and rabbits and small things.

What we see is that in areas where there was a lot of change (Sahara, Middle East) in climate and where groups had to come together and live in large numbers at relatively small areas of resource (Tigris-Euprhates, Nile, areas of China), there is an idea exchange, a play exchange, and innovations. Rules become more complex (you now have laws and a structure to civilization -- a hierarchy of leaders and people who decide what spiritual rules are to be followed and people who decide which customs are right.)

Put two of those sophisticated groups into contact with each other, and trade and technology wars (and other wars) and competition begins.

And so begins the boom period of civilization.

But nature alone didn't do it to us. WE did it to ourselves, creating rules and "jobs" so that we could live in large groups in an area with poorer or changed resources.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lookingfortruth79
If the concept on one "God" is correct then why didn't we start out that way?

From what we've learned from the oldest UNchanged social groups (the nomads of the Kalahari, the Bushmen, etc) the idea of a "god" also came later. Early people seem to be "animists" -- they believe all things have spirits and some spirits are more powerful than others, but the idea of spirit reflects nature that they see.

In other words, in the desert, there isn't one giant unique animal that is the ruler of every single animal out there. There are powerful animals that rule or dominate their own kind, but no one Grand Zookeeper.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The Answer: Replace OR, with AND in your title and you can gain at least some clarity. The moment a human can comprehend that we CAN'T comprehend, even collectively, the truth of our reality in all of its dimensions and insurmountable truths, is the moment one can live at peace with faith.
edit on 29-11-2012 by Eldensword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
God and satan are ancient alien warlords. Angels are good aliens. Demons are bad aliens. Both angels and demons are demi-gods. God and satan are real gods. All of the above possess superior technology, have extra-terrestrial origins, have visited and/or live on earth, have manipulated history in their own ways, have shared some technology, taken resources with them, reside on other planets as well.

I think humans were developed as a slave race either for the annukaki or the nephelim. The illuminati seems to be their managers who overlook the project of development and depopulation, much like herders raise cattle for food and hides.

Mainstream religion was originally based on these ancient aliens but has since been manipulated to become disconnected from the source. It has become the worship of idols and superstitions. Mainstream religion is reminisent of paganism and paganism has its worship based on mother earth, aka nature. What is nature? It is an all encompassing term to describe the physical and spiritual world we reside on. I think paganism is based on satanism but is rather difficult to prove. All I know is that demons and satan require worship and sacrifice.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
There is another way to find out.

Logic.

Rightnow it is believed that Logic and God are opposites.

But

Logic can also proof God.

And when you find the whole story you explain the details.
This is the reason why the holy books are not always read right,
one focus on details and misses the tricks and the trap of the books,
which explain a paradox, the paradox of life (=God), and a paradox when
read wrong has always a dead end, or a trap.
IT is also the reason why astronomers, scientists of all kinds, religious, etc etc people never find the answers,
they focus on details, lets see the bottom of the sea, but they forget sometimes to look
first what the sea is. They go up the mountain but they need to return and see the perspective.

Logic is the answer to reading the books, and it is the reason why the holy
books always focus on one thing : repent = take away from the lie, and return,
reflecting is a part of it, and it brings love, and takes away judgements,
so love for god and all in him (torah) and seeing truth are always connected.
without one of the two one can not find the full picture.

Repenting is the same thing as finding logic, you see what is (possible),
then you cancel out what is not (possible) and you only keep what is
the only truth = possibility. The law of love is the full of logic.

It is wisdom that gives love, but it was wisdom that had to be left
to find it again, so the opposite of god coud be created through creation,
and god would be allowed to have choice. Because God can only be a slave
to his own body where he is free allready. And if he does not have one side
of the coin, he is never the coin, and he is not full, and he is not free,
and without freedom logic itself is the boss, but it would not have a reference
to create itself, and the world coud not exist.
Still, god brings forth creation out of himself, so to avoid being bad to Himself,
and even when he tricks himself into a difficult world, through choice one can be
protected of working and returning, or one can work for the others and return.

Logic in the end not only prooves god, but also allows God to exist as he wishes,
and delogic the logic, frees it.

So how do we find this logic ? If you ask, you will see, this was and is always the promise.

edit on 29-11-2012 by onelastcloud because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I can honestly say that i have no idea how we have come to this point in time, what created us, If there were ancient aliens that manipulated our genetic code, if we evolved naturally or whether we were created by some devinely intellectual being that goes way beyond our conceptual understanding of the natural universe! Perhaps it's a combination of all three or perhaps it's something we are unable to conceptualize in our wildest dreams and/or imagination! Whatever the reason is we are here and as far as we know we are the most intelligent life forms on this world but Just because we are does'nt give us the right to manipulate the other forms of life! Like it or not we are all a part of the earths ecosystem, every time we alter the ecology of this world we risk our own existence and we change the natural order of this world that has sustained us since our inception! The absolute arrogance of men to believe we can just play with this worlds life sustaining hierarchy and change the cycle of life without any detrimental consequences is truely absurd beyond belief! Until we realize we are not Gods and
believe in perserving the true ecology not only to maintain ours but all life on this world, we risk the future of our species! Everytime we change the ecology it's like adding a bullet to the chamber in a game of russian roulette!
Maybe our being here is a mistake cause by histories record it would seem that every time a civilization prospers
it ends up in ruins! So the real question is not why are we here but why can't we thrive here? Why are we so intent on pushing our existance off a cliff? Is our problem a lack of stability? Are we unable to cope with the success we have so fortunately stumbled onto to allow us to live for so long? Is'nt there enough threats from external sources, why do we have to add internal ones? Can't we all just get along or are we all destined to die by our own hand? Humans are the most understanding beings but unfortunately we are also very arrogant as well but it's up to us to choose which of these roads to travel! Travel well ATS______>_>_>_>_>______

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I've concluded that life on earth including the evolution of mankind has occurred by intelligent design, in particular as it relates to the moon-earth-sun relationship, and that while ancient aliens may have played a role as change agents, nevertheless, the only conclusion that I can draw since these things involve origins going all the way back to the very origin of our solar system, by design, that the God hypothesis is the best one.

For more, check this out.

Moon-Seed by Intelligent Design

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join