It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't you believe? (@Non-Believers and Skeptics)

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

I think nobody doesn't believe in other dimensions. Even our physicists agree that mathematical models show it is all but a foregone conclusion that there are extradimensions.

What skeptics don't believe is life capable of technology that can travel between star systems let alone to other dimensions.

The faithful on the other hand think any intelligence equal to or greater than and outside of human intelligence are either demons or angels in relation to their God; which implies according them either devotion or destruction

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
As we argue about aliens the next question should be WHY do we have the need to believe in aliens and why is it so important for anyone here to know they exist?

Sure curiosity is just one aspect of it but aside from it what else is so important about aliens that it becomes an obsession of yours to find out if they are real or not?

Has anyone else thought that maybe aliens been replaced by God (some other poster mentioned this already before). That your desire to believe in aliens has replaced your desire to believe in God. Hence wanting to believe in aliens has become a religious practice.

People aren't born to believe in God nor aliens so why are people becoming so obsessed with believing in them? Believing in angels demons or aliens has the same religious connotation. In fact I find a lot of similarities between new age movement and Christianity.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If you actually read any of my previous posts you would know by now that I have had a lot of paranormal experiences throughout my life, including classic abduction and so on. That of course does not negate the fact that any of what I have experienced is nothing more than my imagination, wishful thinking and so on...

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by stanislav
The world isn't as crazy without you. It's people like yourself and a few others who make this world a bit crazier than it is already. Like with every believer in aliens and other paranormal events, you lack common sense, your English is poor and you are unable to accept critical thinking for an advice. As long as you stay ignorant, self righteous fools ,you will continue to see the world as a crazy asylum. You will continue to meet resistance because no normal person will ever tolerate you. You need to see yourselves from the outside for once. But unfortunately you probably wont be able to until your delusions wear off. I was one of those crazy people years ago but I was finally able to come off my delusions after I realized that my delusions interfered with my normal life. That believing in aliens and such haven't accomplished anything in my life, in fact is destroyed my life to the point where I had to rebuild it from almost a scratch.

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

You and I both know its not crazy to believe in what is really happening. What is, IS.

I can't leave this post, for the insanity is being conditioned to believe what isn't, IS. And to question everyone, despite large numbers and some very credentialed at that, who challenges what ISN'T, yet most believe.

The whole world is absolutely crazy, up is down, black is white, all due to the controllers here, they even turned light, the source of all life and goodness in the solar system, into lucifer.

edit on 26-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Then viva la crazy my dear! Again, skepticism is not name calling.

And one of your posts above has this hit of reactionary energy. To me its very apparent you aren't a skeptic, you seem to have a real vested emotional interest in the subject, makes me wonder why.

Maybe you need to do some soul searching, and ask if you have something you need to remember.

Quite a few people have said that everyone, the whole planet, has had missing time........

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject

I think nobody doesn't believe in other dimensions. Even our physicists agree that mathematical models show it is all but a foregone conclusion that there are extradimensions.

What skeptics don't believe is life capable of technology that can travel between star systems let alone to other dimensions.

The faithful on the other hand think any intelligence equal to or greater than and outside of human intelligence are either demons or angels in relation to their God; which implies according them either devotion or destruction

Can someone please translate above post into a plain English that I could actually understand.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

I would be curios to see this footage of yours is it anywhere you could point me to that you maybe uploaded?

www.4shared.com...=220731332

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The reasons I have with not believing "some" of the Alien contact stories without some sort of evidence is the
lack of logic in some claims. example:

M=me....T=them...

T - I'm in contact with aliens when I meditate and they are real and have been here for eons.

M - Cool, can I talk to them or see one for myself?

T - No, unless you're specially trained in meditation and are chosen by them. Anyway, they are usually invisible
to everyone else.

M - Can you ask them to buzz by my house tonight at 8:00 pm and let me see their craft.

T - Sometimes you can see their craft for various reasons but most of the time they are also invisible because they are here to observe us and not to be seen by the masses until they decide its time to make contact when we finally wake up.

M - Can you ask them to give us something alien that proves they are here. A non-military type of device or advance logic besides saying they are only here to protect the Earth from destroying itself?

T - No, they are not allowed to influence us.

M - If the message is that they watch over the Earth, Why don't they stop the wars and nuclear reactor type
accidents from happening?

T - They are not allowed to interfere with us until we wake up and join our alien brothers in a new age.

M - So let me get this straight, They have been here for eons but they are invisible and sometimes we can see their ships but mainly they are also invisible plus they can't influence and interfere in our affairs until we wake up?

T - That is correct.

M - But you have contact with them? Isn't that interfering and influencing?

T - Not necessarily. They want those of us that are awake to know they are here and why they are here. They hope we will lead the sleeping one's to awaken and then will welcome them, which will come soon.

M - How will you awaken the sleeping ones?

T - I will give you a lot of youtube links on meditation techniques and when you are comfortable with meditation I
will instruct you on how to ascend to a higher level where they await to welcome you to this new age.

M - Last question. If they can't influence or interfere and aren't allowed to give advance tech or logic, then just
what do you talk about when you are in contact with them?

T - Only about the great awakening and their love for us and the Earth.

M - OK, Thanks.

T - Namaste
..................................................................................................................

In summary according to me on some of these specific claims in this post.

1. Mainly, these new age Jesus's can communicate with aliens and they must instruct and lead us like a messiah to the promised land with said aliens.

2. Intelligent or those with higher education are the deepest sleepers. The least educated people stand a better
chance of finding that higher level and meeting the watchers.

3. If you don't agree with the new age Jesus then they resort to name calling and threaten harm.

4. Why can't the aliens wake us up? Oh yeah, they can't interfere until were awaken. Dumb proclamation. Oh yeah and were suppose to be on a school called Earth and must find our way. Dumb strategy.

5. What will it take for them to interfere, all out nuclear war? Then their dumber than I thought unless they like
glass, heat, and a radioactive environment minus most of the Hu-mans.

6. Typing "BOX" in capital letters on forums must mean something but only the aliens must know what.

Namaste pasta

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
Just peeking at the thread a final time.. this is exactly how I feel inside and how I've perceived 'reality'. Its obvious to me humanity has it backwards and the direction of our species lies in the hands of few "world leaders"..
Now is "our species"? What happened to the "your race"?

Before experiences.. I was the logical indivdual who had an answer for everything. I loved science and wanted to pursuit that direction. I thought everything could be explained by science and logic..

You were doing it wrong.

You can still use logic and love science, but you should understand that just because someone uses logic it doesn't mean they have an answer for everything, science and logic do not explain completely everything (or even anything), but they are the best tools available to help us get closer to the best understanding possible.

As a child I also knew that humanity had everything backwards.

In the same way you thought you had an answer for everything and that logic and science explain everything?

I didnt understand the concept of banks and working for money.. so confusing growing up.

That happens to most, but we usually learn when we grow up.

After some years I started to "see" things and have experiences.. which leads to present day

And now we know (again) that you are right, like you were when you thought your logic could answer everything.

For the non believers, at least let this thread remind you, we dont understand everything there is about this 'reality'. Its obvious to me our minds are much more then memory banks.. our hearts and emotions are much more then a word - emotions. There is more potential within the human being, then we are currently operating on.

That's probably true, but it's also possible that, as before, you are wrong in thinking that. Have you ever thought that, although you changed your point of view, you can still be wrong?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I am well educated, completely sane, respected, learned individual, free thinking, non herd mentality, feet firmly on the ground, logical realist that has experiences that leads me to believe 100% that extraterrestrial intelligent life exists, statistically the vastness of the universe allows for this reality, as does quantum mechanics and astrophysics to name a few aspects of science.

Because of this, on this thread today I was called ''crazy'', ''egocentric'', ''illogical'', ''dumb'', ''stupid'' to name a few of the names. Literally blatantly called these things directly. Personal attacks like such name calling is contrary to ATS rules and shows the mentality of some of the posters on this thread.

Other ''believers'' have also been called names directly on this thread. Is there not a moderator that is supposed to keep such behaviour in check? Is the ATS motto not ''deny ignorance''.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konduit
Here's something all skeptics should ask themselves.

If just one video... one picture of the countless that have been recorded in the last century isn't just swamp gas reflecting light from venus... then there must be something to this.

Sure, that's why sceptics ask everyone (including themselves) what that "something" is. The problem is that almost each person has his/her own idea of what that "something" may be, so it means that there isn't enough information to make an educated guess.

So we keep on looking and asking.

People who ask for evidence... the evidence is almost overwhelming to support that there are strange and unidentified objects and happenings going on in our skies. Just look at the 50,000+ cases in the CUFOS files.

The problem is that the evidence does not point to a specific explanation, that's why we are still where we were 60 years ago in this topic, because nobody has ever presented any thing that could really be interpreted in an obvious way by everyone, so factions appeared to try to pull the "audience" to their own corners of the discussion, dividing what could have been a real investigation about that "something" that has been happening into several investigations that only try to show that their point of view is the best.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
I am well educated, completely sane, respected, learned individual, free thinking, non herd mentality, feet firmly on the ground, logical realist that has experiences that leads me to believe 100% that extraterrestrial intelligent life exists, statistically the vastness of the universe allows for this reality, as does quantum mechanics and astrophysics to name a few aspects of science.

Because of this, on this thread today I was called ''crazy'', ''egocentric'', ''illogical'', ''dumb'', ''stupid'' to name a few of the names. Literally blatantly called these things directly. Personal attacks like such name calling is contrary to ATS rules and shows the mentality of some of the posters on this thread.

Other ''believers'' have also been called names directly on this thread. Is there not a moderator that is supposed to keep such behaviour in check? Is the ATS motto not ''deny ignorance''.

The OP has repeatedly called people names.

I note that in all your crying for attention you never mention that.

Maybe you don't care about name calling after all... maybe you're just trying to get the mods involved to help you get back at the sceptics who won't just take your word on how clever and "right" you are.

For the record:

- No, no scientific evidence exists that prove alien life exists. None. The vastness of the Universe isn't evidence of alien life, neither is quantum mechanics, string theory, newtons second law or any other scientific theory or fact.

- Claiming you're clever, and you believe in aliens, therefore it must be reasonable, isn't evidence of anything, except your own opinion of yourself

- I have repeatedly and directly asked you to provide evidence and you repeatedly refuse to do so... you claim the evidence is extremely logical and reasonable and yet you won't share it with us...everyone can draw their own conclusions on why someone as clever as you, well respected and learned as you are, would make such claims and then REFUSE to back them up, no matter how often you are directly asked.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject

Can someone please translate above post into a plain English that I could actually understand.

Good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I said that the truth is that it is statistically probable, I never said stats=fact.

I didn't say you did, I was just trying to make it clear that statistics, as any other data processing, depend on what is "fed" to them, so they are not really a representation of the truth, just an approximation.

But yes, the most likely is that there is live in other planets/star systems/galaxies/etc..

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

OP threatened me with violence in one of his previous posts. I doubt anyone here noticed. Now what does it tell about people who are supposedly promoting love and serenity and then in a whim change their entire attitude and become aggressive and judgmental.

I guess he needs to evolve more, as things are the Aliens are not going to trust a hu-man like him.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
The skeptics are certain if non existence basing their claims on not having the evidence in straight sight while the evidence is kept away from public, if anyone has ever dealt with classified documents, cause I have and I know the meaning of classified even if the one I dealt was far from military or ET secrets...

Sceptics are not denialists (if that word exists), we do not deny the possibility (any possibility) because we cannot really know if it's possible or not, we can only use our experience and knowledge (for what they may be worth) to try to understand what is more likely to be the best possibility, but even then we know that we can be wrong.

Being a sceptic means not be certain of anything.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

It would seriously be a boring place if ATS was full of zombie-like alien nutters that stroked each other and never questioned any of the insane claims being made. Perhaps an insane asylum would be more comfortable.

I highly encourage criticism, skepticism and opinion....as should anyone that is seeking the truth.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

If the OP called people names, it still isn't ok for others calling me names, do you understand?

Can you provide evidence of things that happened to you in the past? Extraterrestrials don't leave a calling card to prove to people like you.

There is tonnes of proof from credible witnesses and abductees, just because the government isn't open about it doesn't mean anything. There is plenty of proof, probably much more than you would ever imagine.

Because you don't believe in other's beliefs, you aren't jurisdiction or any authority for demanding proof.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

So being a juvenile delinquent is more your style and name calling?

Isn't that something people do when they are void of any real information or point?

edit on 26-11-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

link   

There is tonnes of proof from credible witnesses and abductees, just because the government isn't open about it doesn't mean anything. There is plenty of proof, probably much more than you would ever imagine.

Because you don't believe in other's beliefs, you aren't jurisdiction or any authority for demanding proof.

I am highly interested in seeing said proof. Its eluded me for years since I first expressed interest in the phenomenon. ...Have never actually seen/heard/read any verifiable proof. Do tell.

link   

Yeah I believe in aliens, whoever doesn't is just ignorant to think that. Anyways do I believe aliens have been coming to this planet...no. I believe in alot of paranormal things but not alien abductions. Alien abduction rumors started when one person claimed he was abducted, then the trend caught on other people wanted to be in the starlight and get attention. People like money and attention plain and simple put those two together and there you go...it's hard to believe anything that comes out of people's mouths today especially when it has to do with ecounters of aliens.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

Do your own research.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join