It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phantom Woman and House Photographed at Bachelors Grove Cemetary (PHOTOS)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjttatu
hi i don't go either way on this subject but,i think you need to take the outer
square 1 inch to the right,two inches to the left and 1 1/2 inches up.i'd say you
cut the house off at the eaves and the sun(flare) is coming over the top of the roof,
i'd also say that the left part of the structure is lower, like an extention on a building.

Much like an outhouse, from the 1800s, which is precisely the time frame in which the majority of the buildings were built and used.

It is the historical reference which makes this so compelling to me. There ARE foundations to now destroyed homes strewn throughout the woods surrounding the cemetery. There are reports from dozens of others which claim phantom buildings and people... Most peculiar to me is the sighting of the buildings. All but one (that I know of) are nothing but stone foundations which lie below ground level.

Considering that I was unaware of this lore prior to my visit, the argument that I was "looking for it" is all but invalid. The female figure is what initially piqued my interest, and upon enlarging the photo and thus losing the image quality (ad nauseum) I noticed the house.

This is precisely why I included the original photograph. Again, I want to portray this with the integrity with which I originally TOOK the photograph.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ansar
reply to post by Aqualung2012

Hi Aqualung2012!

If I understand correctly the 3rd link which leads to the very widespread panorama pic is the original photo?
Actually in this pic - if one uses the "opera-magnifing-option" to the max of 300% - your accounted impression seems to be more obvious than in the "blown-ups" I believe.

It would have been nice to see the same shot without the apparition.
In my opinion the best way to back up your claim.

Is there no such pic?

Ansar

Will you please take a screen shot using your more clear method of enlargement and post here?

A thousand thanks to you if you can can provide a sharper example of this detail.

edit on 22-11-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ansar

It would have been nice to see the same shot without the apparition.
In my opinion the best way to back up your claim.

Is there no such pic?

Ansar

There IS such a pic... after showing my thread to my girlfriend, and hearing the question quoted above, she picked up her phone and showed me her version of the picture, from an IDENTICAL vantage point, taken nearly in UNISON with my own.

NOTE: Using the right- leaning tree in the background (following the trail) as a reference point, a "dark spot" is to the RIGHT of it, so as not to be mistaken for our "lady," who appears drastically to the LEFT of said leaning tree in MY photograph.

NO apparitions, no nothing. Just as straightforward as the hundreds of other photos taken by my girlfriend and I that day...

Also worthy of noting, this is an original standard photograph. No expansion is present in it, nor is it a panorama.

Please consider this in your inspection of this case.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

on the panoramic photo there is something which could resemble a ghost i reckon but on the close ups at first i thought you was referring to the dark "object" on the right of the door frame. sorry very poor, imo your just trying to draw attention to your facebook page no ghostie on there sorry mate

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenian8

on the panoramic photo there is something which could resemble a ghost i reckon but on the close ups at first i thought you was referring to the dark "object" on the right of the door frame. sorry very poor, imo your just trying to draw attention to your facebook page no ghostie on there sorry mate

It is unfortunate that the world does not work in the same concrete terms as you move about it in. You fail to present your credentials as an authority, so I must take your criticism with a grain of salt.

I will also have you know... were I more tech savvy, I would NEVER cross reference my own FB page on the more generalized internet, rather embedding them directly. But I don't know how to do that, so think what you please.

Finally to you, it is a poor photograph, I have repeatedly admitted that. However, it DOES contain discernible artifacts which require further explanation... I HAVE supplied a reference photograph... and it DOES have corroborating historical evidence.

(On a side note: if i wanted to whore out my FB, I would have made a thread for my tarantula, linking HER pictures)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I kinda see what your talking about with the woman outline, the house and window frame look pretty clear in the last picture. Wish it was more detailed, you would really have something here

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BM1092

Heartily agreed. I wish it were clearer, and I SERIOUSLY implore the forum to utilize whatever means available to enhance this photograph, or the panorama somehow.

Upon U2U, i would gladly email the original image file to whoever feels they can be of any help in clarifying this image.

And thank you.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Am sorry i just don`t see a ghost and the external image takes me to your facebook page. I certainly don`t live in a concrete world or whatever??? and as for my credentials on authority i say what i see sorry no offense just dont see what you do.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

You're allowed your opinion, of course.
It's just that some of us seem to be required to provide proof of ours, or at least some substance to our claims, either positive or negative.

Either way, I appreciate your input. Be prepared to receive a response, that's all.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I agree with this guy. Too many times have people come to ATS with a "shocking" ghost picture of faces in bricks or caves. I am a believer in the paranormal.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Thing is, I have a very convincing set of "face in the tree" pictures... But would never dare post them here, for reasons listed prior. They have no historical relevance, no reference picture, nothing here nor there... Just pure matrixing.

The photos in this thread have those things, and include items which would not typically be matrixed, e.g: faces.

I too believe in the paranormal, but I believe in empiricism as well, certainly more so.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cjttatu

Interesting. I had no problem seeing the white window frame, until I looked away and came back to it.

Then in its place what I saw was a clearing in the woods with two small evergeens in the clearing. I studied it for a few minutes and I'm convinced it's a trompe l'oeil, or fool the eye.

As for the rest, I suppose it could liik like a house, and maybe a woman, but I'm not convinced, sorry.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I appreciate your fair appraisal of my photo. It is such a shame it is not clear enough to be definitive.

And I must say, your avatar is as apt as it is awesome!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I will admit I do not see the woman in the close up, but the panaramic does look a lot like this. I'll remain skeptical, but definitely open to the picture being paranormal. I live 15 minutes away from Bachelor's Grove and let me tell you I've had some strang occurances there.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by headorheart

Haha, thats very cool. Gotta ask: did you ever meet the crazy overalls and red t shirt guy who hangs out there?

He took us on a mini tour, gave us a bit of a history lesson, and told us about the efforts to keep that land as is... Kind of a creeper though, as he kept telling us that if it weren't for the girls in our party, he would have NEVER offered us guys a tour!

Its good to have someone who knows first hand what that place is like to comment here... I am sure you can attest to the stone foundations strewn about everywhere, as well as the fact that there are none still standing, with the exception of one about half mile north of the main path.

Curious, what were some of your experiences, if you don't mind sharing?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

You can use the ATS-upload if it's under 500kb: go to Tools > ATS uploads > select image.
Or use a site like tinypic, postimage or imageshack... I think that should go.

On the picture: I might see the lady, but the house looks just like forest to me.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

Exceptionally blurry photos indicating a "ghost" as opposed to "anything ink-blot psychologically related"

Your own "highlights" of where a house is and yet the panorama is quite clearly NOT of a house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blah blah blah

OK her "face" is FOUR PIXELS WIDE come on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wakey wakey. Now if ONE of her eyeballs was 4 pixels wide that at least would give us something decent to analyse.

I'm sorry too much wine to continue yet another pathetic explanation of the bleedin obvious to normal thinking souls.

Is there any need to be so rude? The OP has presented a picture he took and has taken the time to explain what he thinks he can see and whilst some posters can see what he his talking about (myself included) others cannot and simply say...sorry can't see what you're seeing and leave it at that....no need for 50 exclamation marks and derogatory language, and as you have admitted that you have posted your response after too much wine, I'm not sure your analysis would count for much anyway!

Any potential paranormal picture is obviously going to be subject to scrutiny as the entire subject of whether ghosts etc exist at all will always be up for debate, I personally do believe in ghosts and whilst some pictures I have seen do not, in my opinion provide any further proof of the paranormal, others do, and this particular picture I believe provides an intriguing example of an unusual anomaly.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by fenian8

Why would anyone try to draw attention to their FB page in the paranormal section of a conspiracy site, unless they were trying to sell something related to the paranormal...which the OP is not, it's just a convenient way to show the pics, much like photobucket etc

I know ATS is famous for its debunkers, but really some of the debunking in this thread is totally clutching at straws...OP only wants to draw attention to his facebook....sorry very poor attempt at debunking imo..

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hi, damn your picture is blurred!

Anyway. On the ones you pointed out the house and window frames, I could not see what you meant. However on the panorama shot, I can see a house with a roof and everything but it is not the one you outlined.
My one is behind the woman, contained entirely to the left of the footpath. It has perspective getting smaller to the right. I don't know if you can see it like that. It is far more visible like that.

Having said that, I agree that it is probably pareidolia but then again that is the logical conclusion everyone would come up with, even if it wasn't. Nice find though.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Movhisattva

You can use the ATS-upload if it's under 500kb: go to Tools > ATS uploads > select image.
Or use a site like tinypic, postimage or imageshack... I think that should go.

On the picture: I might see the lady, but the house looks just like forest to me.

During a short period of access to a full PC (i do most of my, internetting via my phone) I did upload the blown up pic to ATS uploads. Not sure how to utilize it once uploaded. (i willl not deny my ignorance, hahaha)

I appreciate the unbiased feedback and the advice. I will try your advice.
edit on 23-11-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join