It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phantom Woman and House Photographed at Bachelors Grove Cemetary (PHOTOS)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
While visiting the infamous Bachelors Grove Cemetary/Settlement in the early fall of this year, 2012, I snapped quite a lot of photographs. All of them were taken using a Samsung Galaxy S, and in different modes, including panoramic. Only one out of hundreds caught my attention, and it did so in a big way!

The picture as mentioned in the title of this thread is a detail of a panoramic shot, blown up, and rephotographed so as to increase zoom. I REALIZE the picture is blurry, there is no avoiding that... as I said it is blown up from the original, which is an elongated panoramic shot, comprising but a small portion of the whole photograph.

The setting is behind the cemetery, into the woods 100 yds or so. The link provided will explain that the area around this decaying cemetery was once a settlement, with the majority of the structures destroyed over time, leaving the hollowed out, crater-like stone foundations below ground level... There were NO standing structures, OR people visible when this photograph was taken. It was a woody clearing, that is all.

Please save your breath and time complaining about the clarity of the photograph. I know it is blurry, I know. But please realize that there is no deception at work here, only a truly interesting find, especially considering the lore associated with this place. Again, this is a detail of a larger photo, so image quality is doomed to be lost.

Below is the image, hopefully accessible as it is posted on my Facebook account, but its open, so it should work. Visible herein is a woman in a black dress, standing before a house. The square window-frames are distinguishable, as well as the roof line and side walls of the structure. Again: There was nothing but a wooded clearing and we are positive there was nothing there whatsoever.

Also, for the sake of explanation, I have included the shot again, with guidelines and artifact descriptions.

And finally, the unedited panorama from which this detail was derived (note the woman is STILL extremely apparent in the far left field of the photo!)

Now, please do your best to inspect and dissect these picture, but this author is astounded! There have been multitudes of legends which speak of phantom houses in this area in particular, and of course, the famous image of the woman in white sitting on a tombstone was taken at Bachelors Grove. In fact, I happen to be privileged to know the boyfriend of the woman who shot that photo, who happened to be present when it was taken, and attests to the claim that there was no one present.

So now I have my very own "phantom" photograph from Bachelors Grove. It is a gem I had to share with you, my alternative topics community. Enjoy, speculate, share your experiences (if any) and feel free to share this thread and or the photo itself! But please link back to this thread if you do... so as to give rightful credit to the OP.

Happy hunting!

edit on 22-11-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: leetle tings

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

I am having a real hard time understanding why you think some blurry photographs represent ghost's and a ghost house? Then you show us a very nice, crisp clean photo of tree's. Can you see the problem here?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Im really trying to see what you are seeing and, to a certain extent, I can but is this a case of pareidolia?

Im very open to anything paranormal, I am certainly not a skeptic, but the fact that you have gone to a renowned place means you have gone there hoping to see something for yourself...as you say about the quality of the images, perhaps if they were a little clearer I might be able to see what you are seeing, but I just cant...sorry dude. :-)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969

I am having a real hard time understanding why you think some blurry photographs represent ghost's and a ghost house? Then you show us a very nice, crisp clean photo of tree's. Can you see the problem here?

Of course I can see the problem. It's quite frustrating to me, as the photographer.

Keep in mind, however, that out of hundreds of photographs, this one alone contained something I considered noteworthy. Trees simply to not form perfect intersecting right angles, and certainly not in the scale and position appropriate to a house, as is illustrated in the second image.

I have included the original picture for fairness, and scope. It is not a separate photo, it is the same one, but without zooming on the are in question.

I would ask you then, how would a window-frame appear with relative clarity, where nothing but sparse trees existed? When there was nothing outstanding visible with the naked eye?
edit on 22-11-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: .

edit on 22-11-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I could see the right hand side of the house (white windowframe) straight away, but it took your explanation pic to see the rest of the house and the woman, but wow the woman is really clear in the panorama pic, yet you can't see the house at all.

Excellent pic it's very interesting. S&F

on a side note, I clicked your album on the facebook page with the pics and was immediately confronted with large, hairy spiders
Way scarier than the ghost

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by youwillneverknow
Im really trying to see what you are seeing and, to a certain extent, I can but is this a case of pareidolia?

Im very open to anything paranormal, I am certainly not a skeptic, but the fact that you have gone to a renowned place means you have gone there hoping to see something for yourself...as you say about the quality of the images, perhaps if they were a little clearer I might be able to see what you are seeing, but I just cant...sorry dude. :-)

I understand and respect your reservations. It IS a blurry photograph, and it is a renowned locale... so I will admit that I was indeed looking for something. I was meticulous in inspecting all of my photographs.

But...

It is worth repeating that there were hundreds of pictures taken that day... and this is the only one I felt to contain anything worth posting about.

IMO, the female figure is clear, even in the original panoramic shot. The structures of the house are distinguishable, albeit fuzzy.

Having stood in the area of the photograph, I assure you, there was NOTHING which would hint at such a structure or a woman, even to the most eager ghost hunter's review.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm not seeing it .. even when you painted squares... I see a blurry photo.. the fact it's blurry lends itself to Pareidolia ..

en.wikipedia.org...

Pareidolia is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records when played in reverse.

The word comes from the Greek words para (παρά, "beside, alongside, instead") in this context meaning something faulty, wrong, instead of; and the noun eidōlon (εἴδωλον "image, form, shape") the diminutive of eidos. Pareidolia is a type of apophenia, seeing patterns in random data.

edit on 11/22/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
on a side note, I clicked your album on the facebook page with the pics and was immediately confronted with large, hairy spiders
Way scarier than the ghost

Haha, that is Stella, my G. rosea "rose hair" tarantula. She's a sweetheart, despite her formidable appearance.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012

Originally posted by youwillneverknow

I understand and respect your reservations. It IS a blurry photograph, and it is a renowned locale... so I will admit that I was indeed looking for something. I was meticulous in inspecting all of my photographs.

But...

It is worth repeating that there were hundreds of pictures taken that day... and this is the only one I felt to contain anything worth posting about.

IMO, the female figure is clear, even in the original panoramic shot. The structures of the house are distinguishable, albeit fuzzy.

Having stood in the area of the photograph, I assure you, there was NOTHING which would hint at such a structure or a woman, even to the most eager ghost hunter's review.

I can see the window frame clearly and that is certainly strange because it is such a uniformed shape - there is no denying a strange anomaly with respect to that.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

You really think the woman in the panorama shot is pareidolia? She looks very clear to me, to the point that my main question would be was it a real person. Yet in the zoomed shots she is very blurry and I didn't see her at first, but I could definitely see the window frame, and whilst I agree with all of the trees it could indeed by pareidolia, it just looks too uniform and rectangular to be an example of this phenomena, which usually involves seeing faces (as humans we are conditioned to do this) but not window frames

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I see what you're saying. I also see a giant head, laying on it's side, at the middle/left of the picture.
Wish I knew how to circle the thing I'm talking about.
It's right beside the house, on the left.
edit on 22-11-2012 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I am familiar with Pareidolia, and I admit there is a measure of it possible in any of the paranormal studies, short of the clearest and most valued examples, which speak for themselves.

That said, I would like to point out that I was unaware of the reports of other people seeing and photographing phantom houses and (of course) apparitions at B.G.C. I was not looking for any house in any of the pictures, but when the (IMO) striking image of the woman in black appeared in the panorama, I inspected it at a detailed scale, which revealed the tell-tale window-frames.

I cannot, in the spirit of scientific investigation, outright deny any possibility of Pareidolia... but I would reassert my objective stance on the whole day, as well as the correlating historical and eyewitness data

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Just had another closer look and it almost looks like another person in black standing to the right of the window frame, this figure is also clear in the panorama shot, though not as well defined as the woman

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
Just had another closer look and it almost looks like another person in black standing to the right of the window frame, this figure is also clear in the panorama shot, though not as well defined as the woman

I noticed this myself, but for the sake of clarity, I left it out of my report. ATS is a very finicky forum, and I wanted this to be as solid as possible.

It's no slam dunk, by any means, but that's the point of peer review, no?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Hi Aqualung2012!

If I understand correctly the 3rd link which leads to the very widespread panorama pic is the original photo?
Actually in this pic - if one uses the "opera-magnifing-option" to the max of 300% - your accounted impression seems to be more obvious than in the "blown-ups" I believe.

It would have been nice to see the same shot without the apparition.
In my opinion the best way to back up your claim.

Is there no such pic?

Ansar

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Can you upload the original -full size- picture somewhere? The panorama one I mean.
I assume the facebook upload is a compressed version?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Movhisattva
Can you upload the original -full size- picture somewhere? The panorama one I mean.
I assume the facebook upload is a compressed version?

The fb version is indeed compressed, but im unaware of how and where to upload it for a higher resolution version.

The picture still remains on the phone used to take the picture. If you can recommend a method for posting it here for more detailed research, I would be extremely grateful, and would promptly submit it for such review.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Exceptionally blurry photos indicating a "ghost" as opposed to "anything ink-blot psychologically related"

Your own "highlights" of where a house is and yet the panorama is quite clearly NOT of a house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blah blah blah

OK her "face" is FOUR PIXELS WIDE come on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wakey wakey. Now if ONE of her eyeballs was 4 pixels wide that at least would give us something decent to analyse.

I'm sorry too much wine to continue yet another pathetic explanation of the bleedin obvious to normal thinking souls.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

I took the time to drive out there, spend the whole day taking pictures, preen through them all, quote this thread, post historical references, and contend with comments like this one...

The least you could do is take the time to explain why the loss of detail upon zooming in on a cell phone camera its so confounding to you.

And would ask you, in the original photo, is the woman not relatively clear? Can you explain why something in the relative foreground could appear definitely darker than anything else... Or would you like to deny that as well?
Please inspect the panoramic photo, and tell me she its not there, darker than any shadow in the entire image, with arms at her sides... I am partial, no doubt to this being a legitimate photo of the paranormal.

But I have made painstaking efforts to produce the most empirical documentation of this suspected apparition, given the limited and somewhat candid nature of the image.

I don't really care if any individual believes or disbelieves the legitimacy of my picture... because I KNOW what was looking at, and I KNOW the artifacts in question were not visible, nor typical matrixing.

Believe me... if there was more material to supplement this claim, it would be presented here in full.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
hi i don't go either way on this subject but,i think you need to take the outer
square 1 inch to the right,two inches to the left and 1 1/2 inches up.i'd say you
cut the house off at the eaves and the sun(flare) is coming over the top of the roof,
i'd also say that the left part of the structure is lower, like an extention on a building.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join