It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHOA! The counting down to an event? Hidden in plain sight! The "Polar Clock" Symbol is everywhere

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I posted it because it was a strange symbol to use as an indicator, they could have used a plain old circle. I don't buy into any of the doom and gloom, just thought it was interesting.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

The Mayans set their calendar to begin in the year 3114 B.C. (according to our modern Gregorian calendar). The Long Count began in 3114 B.C. and it's calculated to continue for 5126 years.

The Mayans did not exist in 3114BC. It is more likely that they adopted someone's calendar and kept it as their own.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphetOfZeal

This is actually Gallifreyian. No point in putting human ideas to Gallifreyian letters. It reads 'The Doctor will return on Christmas day'

edit on 17/4/12 by rebelchildoflight2011 because: cause its too early to be writing this stuff...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I posted it because it was a strange symbol to use as an indicator, they could have used a plain old circle. I don't buy into any of the doom and gloom, just thought it was interesting.

So you are suggesting that everyone that wanted to use a circular symbol as a logo should have used a plain round circle, or it was odd? Sorry, don't buy it. Seagate and their symbol has been around for a long time. It represents data on a hard drive. A building? A light? Seriously? Not everything is a conspiracy. Out of the billions of lights and buildings and company logos, some are of course going to match.

While the entertainment value will go down, the sanity will at least increase once 12/22/2012 hits.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

I'm sorry but I never stated that they were created by aliens. However, Stereo stated that they are art created by people for people, and has yet to be sourced thus making it an opinion.

In my opinion I definitely think it is possible for people to make such crop circles with precision and patience. But as of now this crop circle has yet to be debunked as are many others. Which puts it into a grey area with no real answer, which still leaves it open to the idea of extra-terrestrial origin.

Difference is I'm not here making false statements that are shutting others opinions down.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I use the long count calendar, because that is what the mayans used to track cycles of something./quote]
False. The long count is not cyclic. It is a linear calendar. It was likely use to differentiate the same date in cyclic calendars, but the long count itself is NOT cyclic.

The long count does not track cycles. That claim is modern hoax constructed in the 1980s to suck money out of the wallets of the gullible.

You use the long count to see when the cycle will end, using 360 day years.

No ancients used a 360 day year.

I know that the mayan Haab calendar had a 365 day year, i know it was more accurate than the calendar we use today.

Wrong yet again. The Haab is off by 1/4 of a day each year.

the polar clock, the mayan long count, the zodiac, are all the same thing. They all tracked the great year cycle of the precession of the equinoxes, and the shift of the ages.

Incredibly wrong again. The Mayan long count is not cyclic. The zodiac does not track precession.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

And sometimes a major event happens on earth in a cyclical fashion that the ancients built monuments all over the globe to predict it and track it, and observe it.

Are we really to believe the ancients knew nothing, and nothing major will ever happen? Why is it so hard to believe that maybe they did know something?

And sometimes? What is that all about? It is wild, unsubstantiated, hand waving.

Where is the evidence for a cyclical event? There is nothing. No monuments predict such a thing. There is not tracking. There is nothing there beyond chicken little screaming that the sky is falling.

The ancients were smart people. Had they a message to leave to future generations they would have written it down. They didn't.

Why do people think wacko thoughts such as this?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

There are those that predict something. What it is they don't say.

Others say nothing monumental will happen. These same people do not make mistakes such as thinking that the ancients thought the year was 360 days long. These same people understand that crop circles are made by people. These same people don't fall for every wacko claim that comes along.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

. I already said I don't buy into the 12/21/12 deal, I just thought it was interesting that I read this thread earlier and saw a similar symbol on t.v. I said it was probably nothing, and only a similar symbol. I never claimed it unlocks the secrets of the universe, or tells the future.
I think you may have me confused with someone else? I posted the pic of the hurricane sandy documentary that used a somewhat similar symbol to the crop circle, when they could have used a simple circle. Again, probably nothing.
edit on 11/22/12 by VikingWarlord because: added content

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
I didn't think I'd have to explain this... I thought people here understood it a little better.

I use the long count calendar, because that is what the mayans used to track cycles of something. It's not years they were tracking, they were tracking something universal, they tracked some sort of major cycle that doesn't occur very often, and this big cycle does indeed end on dec 21, 2012. You use the long count to see when the cycle will end, using 360 day years. Then once you have the appropiate number of days, you then convert it into the 365.25, day year.

I know that the mayan Haab calendar had a 365 day year, i know it was more accurate than the calendar we use today.

But the mayans did not use that calendar to track these cycles. So you must do all calculations using the long count calendar. Just like this polar clock, it uses a 360 degree count. Even the zodiac itself, measures ages using 360 degrees, one age is approx 30 degrees, just like one month is approx 30 degrees. 12 months, 12 ages..... Are we seeing a similarity here?

the polar clock, the mayan long count, the zodiac, are all the same thing. They all tracked the great year cycle of the precession of the equinoxes, and the shift of the ages.

About this polar clock, its not the actual circles you need to count, its whats remaining that you need to count.

When you see a circle, such as the month circle, thats taken out approx 11 months, then there is 1 month remaining. When you see the days, and see that about 30% remains, then you can see clearly, that only 30% of the week will be remaining.

The same goes with the weeks circle.... Look at it and tell me that 3/4 of it isn't green. 1/4 is empty, suggesting that there is one week remaining in the month.

so with 11 months gone, we have december remaining.
with three weeks gone, we have dec 21st remaining
with 70 % of that week gone, we get a thursday / friday area (depending on when the week actually starts according to them) Its only sunday for us because of christianity.

I'm not going to bother with the the hours and minutes, but the hour is almost a full circle. Suggesting late in the evening, which could very well mean late thursday / early friday.

Please stop taking my posts and quoting bits and pieces out of context. I clearly stated I know they used a 365 day calendar, see the bold above.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Seems to be cyclical to me.

As I mentioned above the Mayan calendar was designed to be cyclical, so the fact that the long count comes to an end in Dec 2012, while having some significance for the Maya as the end of a great cycle (much like we celebrated the millennium (incorrectly as it happens) on Dec 31st 1999), does not mean that the "world will come to an end". It's actually true that there are Mayan names for periods of time longer than 13 bactuns, so that their calendar doesn't even end then, and even if it did there is no evidence to suggest that they (or anyone for that matter) have any special knowledge about the end of the world.

Link 1

Link 2

edit on 22-11-2012 by NothingNew because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

The ancients were smart people. Had they a message to leave to future generations they would have written it down. They didn't.

Why do people think wacko thoughts such as this?

Well as you stated, the ancients were smart people. Perhaps smart enough to think that a message meant for the year 2012 would be easier to be universally interpreted as a calendar of sorts rather then to write it down in what would be by now (2012) an ancient and forgotten (by the majority) language. Now, I'm no doom and gloomer, however I do believe the calendar may have some sort of meaning, what that meaning maybe is unknown but we have now less than a month to find out if its anything significant or a mere end of one of their cycles.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
IBM is using that basic design in one of their current ads.
There is a flash ad on the front page of Gizmodo that is animated. I took screen caps of it but apparently you can't upload pics to ATS anymore.

edit on 11/22/2012 by Gumshoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Are you serious!?
Just because an iPhone app has a different concept his is wrong? An app that anyone could have made. You believe a quick app that looks like it took a day to make over a large crop circle which would have taken a lot of time to make?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Nice find. It is all over the place. Crazy.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphetOfZeal

S&F WOW!!!!! Good Job putting all this together !!! Very Very Interesting ,To be honest im not sure what to think of it all .

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
100% of complex crop circles are human artist made

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Pareidolia.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Prove it? Can't be proven to be human made..... Can't be proven to be alien made......

Crop circles are a mystery.

If they are human made.....

Why do they make such weird things? Of all the crop circles that have been made, they are all some weird sort of shape, something with a huge meaning behind it, something that is so complex it takes scientists and mathematicians to figure it out. Why would a human decide to make something so complicated?

I've seen triple dna strands, polar clocks, complex geometrical shapes.... Many other things. Bizzare things.

If they are human made, then they are not only artists, they are genius's too. Because to build a circle of such complexity, in such a short amount of time (less than 8 hours).... It's pretty spectacular. Why do they always seem to have a message for humanity?

On the other hand, if they are alien made....

Why don't the aliens just reveal themsevles and say what it is they want to say? if they are so advanced you'd think they might be able to get their message across a little better than crop circles....

But then again, maybe they understand the human race better than we do, maybe they know we aren't ready for a direct intervention, and that it would in all likelyhood make us destroy ourselves because of the religious ramifcations it would cause.

Maybe they use crop circles to only appeal to the intelligent minded people, that can actually dechiper their messages. Maybe none of us here have any idea what it means, and we're just guessing... But someone, somewhere, does know something, because there are too many crop circles, with too many weird and bizzare messages, to simply be called art. There is no doubt something bigger at play here. But wisdom becomes dogma, and we argue and fight any kind of truth that comes out, to make it impossible to figure anything out.

If someone came on this thread right now with the 100% honest truth, someone would debunk it. If someone came on here right now and told us that it really is dec 21, 2012, and that it really is the end of the age, someone would debunk it.

We have been conditioned to fight every possible truth. So the truth will be forever hidden. Until it becomes self evident, and that may be far too late for most of us.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Well if there is a code, maybe it has to do more with combination safe lock mechanisms. Line up the numbers like on tumbler wheels in the safe.

static8.depositphotos.com...

Maybe its a phone number from an old rotary dial phone. 720-7890. I counted the outer ring (which is "blank") as a zero.

edit on 22-11-2012 by intrptr because: additional...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join