It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHOA! The counting down to an event? Hidden in plain sight! The "Polar Clock" Symbol is everywhere

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Originally posted by Wifibrains
reply to post by denver22

Now you are assuming did I say any of that? You keep telling yourself the world won't end, you keep convincing yourself, I don't think it will end I don't think aliens are coming but sandy did flood NYC lol.

You seem to have a personal problem with 2012 and charlatans. Did they get you through the 2000bug? Just let it play out mate, I am. I'm not saying something is going to happen here, but you are in a panic telling everyone it's not

You said the olympic stadium would flood and wipe us out.. want me to post it up mate.
And didnt you learn your lesson after the millenium? ..

I said it could, not would that's how you read it. Link it if you must. Same as you are reading the 2012 date as the end of the world it's not going to end. Stop making it sound like I think it will. Stop thinking every time someone mentions that date they are talking the end of the world. It's just a movie. It's just a date.

Seriously. Something is always happening so to say nothing will happen 2012 means everything will stop, and all exsistance will dissapear. Take into account the law of attraction and you guys could well bring about the end of the world lol.

Well this is a conspiracey website. Lol.

edit on 21-11-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I dont understand how 90% would be december it would have to be 91.7 at least. I think everbody is trying to relate everything to the 2012 dooms day. It ridiculus.
I dont think amthing bad will happen except possibly snow

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I didn't think I'd have to explain this... I thought people here understood it a little better.

I use the long count calendar, because that is what the mayans used to track cycles of something. It's not years they were tracking, they were tracking something universal, they tracked some sort of major cycle that doesn't occur very often, and this big cycle does indeed end on dec 21, 2012. You use the long count to see when the cycle will end, using 360 day years. Then once you have the appropiate number of days, you then convert it into the 365.25, day year. I know that the mayan Haab calendar had a 365 day year, i know it was more accurate than the calendar we use today. But the mayans did not use that calendar to track these cycles. So you must do all calculations using the long count calendar. Just like this polar clock, it uses a 360 degree count. Even the zodiac itself, measures ages using 360 degrees, one age is approx 30 degrees, just like one month is approx 30 degrees. 12 months, 12 ages..... Are we seeing a similarity here?

the polar clock, the mayan long count, the zodiac, are all the same thing. They all tracked the great year cycle of the precession of the equinoxes, and the shift of the ages.

About this polar clock, its not the actual circles you need to count, its whats remaining that you need to count.

When you see a circle, such as the month circle, thats taken out approx 11 months, then there is 1 month remaining. When you see the days, and see that about 30% remains, then you can see clearly, that only 30% of the week will be remaining.

The same goes with the weeks circle.... Look at it and tell me that 3/4 of it isn't green. 1/4 is empty, suggesting that there is one week remaining in the month.

so with 11 months gone, we have december remaining.
with three weeks gone, we have dec 21st remaining
with 70 % of that week gone, we get a thursday / friday area (depending on when the week actually starts according to them) Its only sunday for us because of christianity.

I'm not going to bother with the the hours and minutes, but the hour is almost a full circle. Suggesting late in the evening, which could very well mean late thursday / early friday.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by ProphetOfZeal

Here's December 21st 2012 00:11.38 on the polar clock I just downloaded on my iPhone:

You can do the same to verify if you like.

Looks nothing like the crop circle

well.... you have uncovered the punch-in-the-stomach to the OPs idea

the rings can be read to read either outwards-to-inwards or from the center outward to make any supposed time-line

Then again, the OP deciphering used 16 line segments to divide the whole pie into 16 equal segmentsd --- why 16?
theres plenty of reasoning to go with 12 equal segments, just like a 12 hour clock dial or a 12 month calendar year....

or any other 'base' than either 10 or 12 bases which comprise just about everything that needs division in our real and abstract worlds

this is all just interesting sophistry, mental gymnastics, academic loopey
but entertaining...for some completely hypnotiz3d soul to find the most absurd/far out "Revelation" which can be tied to this graphic
edit on 21-11-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Can anyone post a photo of a polar clock that counts from the outside, inwards?

I think it only makes sense that a month would be on the outside as it is the biggest circle, resembling the longest length of time. seconds gets the smallest circle.... makes sense...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
meh, I put no stock in crop circles. It could just be good advertising and they know it will get some people going. Controversy is still advertising.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Interesting premise. Rumor has it in order to avoid extremely bad karma, the PTB have to at least give us hints and clues as to what is coming down the pipe. Not that you inferred otherwise but most that study crop circles agree this one was farily crudely made thus terran made and not otherworldly.

A person that came out on Coast to Coast AM with George Noory as the host, was talking about the PTB and said something to the liking of it not being gentlemen like if they don't give us at least a subtle hint.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

Correction to their calculations:

70% on the day would be Wednesday night late around midnight (going into Thursday).
edit on 20-11-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

Don't let this post go unnoticed. 70% of the week is just after midnight going into Thursday, which is EXACTLY the hour/minute/second calculation (00:11:38).

So this clock is pointing to an event just after midnight GMT (00:11:38) on 12/20/2012 (the very begining of the 20th).

I say this because I have received other calculations ending at that date/time from a totally unrelated source of data and find that fact to be unbelievable (literally jaw dropping personally)!

I can't add my other data calculation as there is no proof other then my own study and ATS will not benefit from my personal studies to the point where it will add to this thread.

I just wanted everyone to understand the crop circle, if we are using it as a polar clock (in reverse) actually gives the time of 00:11:38 on 12/20/2012 GMT (early Thursday morning). And that fact changes they way I view this crop circle entirely, for 12/21/2012 does NOT fit my personal calculations to the same degree.

God Bless,

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Here's December 21st 2012 00:11.38 on the polar clock I just downloaded on my iPhone:

You can do the same to verify if you like.

Looks nothing like the crop circle

edit on 20/11/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

The year, month and date seem to lineup pretty well. What time of the day anything happens is anyone's guess. Personally i think nothing happens at all.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

Originally posted by pirhanna

Correction to their calculations:

70% on the day would be Wednesday night late around midnight (going into Thursday).
edit on 20-11-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

This is similar to what I am thinking. The math seems wrong. A rough look at the percentages seems right, like 323 out of 360 is 89, which is given as 90...But, the conversions of percentages into months, days, etc. seems incorrect. For instance, how does 90% of 12 months give December? It would be late October or early November by my count, depending on how you round the numbers off. Unless they were calculating from the day the circle appeared, but I haven't checked when that was, so I don't know if this is the case.

Holy Moly

89% month = 11/22/2012 (327th day out of 366 days)

which is also the 3rd week. (77%)
which is also the early morning hours of Thursday (70%).

So mathematically the crop circle is really showing a time of 00:11:38 on 11/22/2012 GMT. If this is a reverse polar clock.

Don't we have a thread on ATS suggesting this date as the date for elites to "bug out" to Denver???

www.abovetopsecret.com...

WTF?

God Bless,
edit on 21-11-2012 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Nice OP but I have to say these designs look more Aztec than anything to do with the Mayan Calendar!!

Even so, they are quite intricate and could be meaning to something...

Have you seen the thread going on about a new Architectural building which has gone up in a Chinese Province? Thats a circle too... I wonder if they will be adding more to that design.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-11-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
So doesn't this whole thing hinge on wehter you believe in crop circles?

Clearly if you are gullible enough to believe in crop circles then you will also believe in the 2012 thing.

Many people want to believe that there is always something more to any event.
In their minds nothing can be as it seems.

Get over it!

When my kids were 3-5 and they asked why to a pointless question, my answer was 'because'.

Sometimes a rain drop falls on your head because there is a rain cluod over your house. Nothing sinister. Just because.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
And sometimes a major event happens on earth in a cyclical fashion that the ancients built monuments all over the globe to predict it and track it, and observe it.

Are we really to believe the ancients knew nothing, and nothing major will ever happen? Why is it so hard to believe that maybe they did know something?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Seems like a whole lot of reaching and liberal interpretations cherry-picked to support your point and several of those pictures don't even have a strong resemblance to the claimed polar clock.

A person could take one of several crop circles that (may or may not) resemble known structures and symbols, spend a few hours on Google images searching "things that look like _____" and post a thread identical to this. I know this because I've seen threads on this forum and others, the only difference is this one just so happens to point to "the end of the Mayan calendar" which in and of itself is a misnomer due to faulty translations and a general misunderstanding of an ancient belief system.

That's not even to mention how ludicrous it actually is to think crop circles are a "message" to be "read" by us humans, presumably left by ET's. One thing I can say for certain is that if said ET's are advanced enough to get here they won't be leaving us smashed farm crops as communication if/when they decide to start talking... And to take that one step further, if they are trying to warn us of eminent death I very much doubt that it would be in such an easily misunderstood method.

With no offense at all intended, all this thread tells me is people are just as gullible as they've always been and will read into anything whatever they want. That combined with the general decline in the world at the moment and all the apocalyptic media out there makes it that much more believable to those whom look for reasons to believe in this sort of thing.

I'll meet you here on Christmas to discuss this further.
edit on 11/21/12 by genericusername123 because: I answer to no man, let alone text box.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Not a lot of people realize just why they have to tell us. Common sense rules out any morals or "ethics". Not when they have purposely killed billions and deceived many more. If it were just them, they would have has their New Order a long long time ago. Hmmm, NWO...OWO. If they have to have a NWO instead, then that means they didn't control the old one. Who did? Who are the elite trying to take it from???

(KJV)Luke 8:16-17
No man, when he hath lighted a candle, covereth it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but setteth it on a candlestick, that they which enter in may see the light.

[17] For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Yeah everything I keep looking up about polar clocks, says the OUTERMOST CIRLCE IS SECONDS... So your post saying the outer most circle is the year, and that it's this year.... That's a little hard to swallow.

doubtfulnews.com...

wiki.answers.com...

lifehacker.com...

It's not pointing to December, it doesn't mean anything fantastical. The solstice will come and pass like it does every single year.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SkuzzleButt

Because 2012 is just another year. Like 1666, 1914, 1964, 1999, 2000, 2006,

No civilization from our past has accurately predicted the end of the world and many have tried. Many continue to try. Sitchin took some interesting, and blew it out of proportion. 2012 is about as significant as 2011, and 2013 will be. It's just another year. The whole freaking thing is based around the end of a stone calendar, and there are even other Mayan calendars with end dates as well. It means nothing fantastical. It's accurate, it's an amazing feat, but it is nothing more than proof the Mayans were more advanced than we ever thought they were.

My prediction is this. Many thousands of fools around the world are going to go into hiding, and from this we will see an increase in violence as the day grows closer. Not because of any prediction but the paranoia of those EXPECTING the worst and acting as such.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
To everyone saying nothing is going to happen in december....How do you know?

How do you know whats going to happen tomorrow?

What makes your prediction of nothing happening, more right than the prediction of something happening?

Can we open our minds now please?

Something may or may not happen... There is nothing wrong with looking the evidence.

I don't expect anything to happen, but I can't be ignorant enough to dismiss it outright.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

We can't know what will happen. However we can know that the Maya or any other ancient civilization never said anything about December 21. So if anything happens on that date or around there it is pure coincidence.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join