It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preppers deserve to be classed as potential terrorists!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

Originally posted by daaskapital
Thank you for agreeing with me here. Considering these preppers remain secluded and keep a low profile, they deserve to classed as potential terrorists. Who knows what they are up to.

Ah, guilty until proven innocent. The true American spirit.

I think the OP is Australian.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I think this might be related to Tennessee prepper David Sarti getting labeled "mentally incompetent" by the government and losing his gun rights after appearing on a National Geographic Channel's "Doomsday Preppers" episode.

Do preppers actually deserve a label of terrorist?

In my opinion, no they do not deserve that label for trying to be prepared.

Even if it were true that both terrorists and preppers are mentally ill and delusional, that wouldn't make a terrorist a prepper or a prepper a terrorist.
edit on 19-11-2012 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added last line

edit on 19-11-2012 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
However then you proceed to say i agree with you... Sigh. Not the brightest bulb in the bunch are ya?... Hate to break it to you but I did not agree with you on anything.

You subconsciously agreed with me...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
A lot of them may be nutty but if they aren't breaking any laws or killing people why should they be classified as terrorists?

edit on 19-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

Fair statement.

I don't think all preppers should be classed as terrorists. This being said, there are also preppers who stock up on all sorts of crap, own big guns and are basically running their own militia. Those are the ones who should be classed as terrorists...

Some of the ones who stock up on everything and also own a stockpile of guns should be classed as potential terrorists. Simply because of the potential risk they may pose to society.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivalcat
I get a warning from admin now and I have not even reached 20 posts to start my own yet this fool who started the thread is allowed to continue this fool hardy thread of calling all preppers terrorists....says it all.

bye bye ladies.

Ah, but i didn't call all preppers terrorists.

I just said that the majority who stock up on all sorts of crap should be deemed either terrorists or potential terrorists.

I raised a point, one that should be seriously considered and studied...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Some of the ones who stock up on everything and also own a stockpile of guns should be classed as potential terrorists. Simply because of the potential risk they may pose to society.

The key word that I believe everyone who is debating this thread is the word...potential.

You can attach that word to almost anything or anyone and it may be good or bad depending upon the phrasing.

In the case of a major calamity, the prepper has the "potential" to be his communities savior.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

The key word that I believe everyone who is debating this thread is the word...potential.

You can attach that word to almost anything or anyone and it may be good or bad depending upon the phrasing.

In the case of a major calamity, the prepper has the "potential" to be his communities savior.

I agree

This is why this topic is such a controversial one. Should these people be considered potential terrorists due to their mentality and lifestyle? Some would say yes, others would argue no. Many have the potential to be terrorists, other have the potential to save one's life.

Shouldn't some at least be monitored due to a high sense of uncertainty? Perhaps, perhaps not...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

From what I understand by the USDHS, I am probably already being monitered.

I'm a retired vet.
I own weapons.
I try to be self-sufficient.
Haven't had a credit card since '88.

But a terrorist I am not, I prefer to help others rather than to hurt them. Unless of course I see someone hurting others. At which point, if I am able to stop them, I will.

But according to the DHS, I am a potential. If they want to spend the taxpayers money watching me, what can I do? Though I would prefer they spent the money on more constructive things.
edit on 19-11-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I agree

This is why this topic is such a controversial one. Should these people be considered potential terrorists due to their mentality and lifestyle? Some would say yes, others would argue no. Many have the potential to be terrorists, other have the potential to save one's life.

Shouldn't some at least be monitored due to a high sense of uncertainty? Perhaps, perhaps not...

Do you own a car? If so, by your definition you are also a potential terrorist, since you have the potential ability to kill many people.
I would start by looking up the definition of terrorist before coming back here.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

What is sad is that when/if the SHTF those
people you talked about will be the ones behind the door
telling you to hit the bricks because you thought it was a
a terroristic act to collect and stockpile the item's
you want them to give you so your family or yourself
will survive.
Also it is an American right to be able to look ahead and try to
be ready for whatever might happen even if you don't belive hard/troubled times might be
ahead. Just look at those people on
the east coast , they found out the hard way that FEMA won't be there to
help you during a crisis. If you want to belive the gov. will be there to assist you
during a crisis, hahaha , go right ahead. The smart ones will prepare.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
Do you own a car? If so, by your definition you are also a potential terrorist, since you have the potential ability to kill many people.
I would start by looking up the definition of terrorist before coming back here.

Well, a car is a weapon, so...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Okay....

Question:

What do you consider, when describing a prepper, as a potential terrorist?

-How much food is too much?
-How much ammo/guns are too much?
-How much self defense is considered too much?
-How does one who hunts/fish considered a threat?
-Have you taken into account that people who live in the country are not as apt to run to the store every 5 minutes like the ones in cities are able to do? So their need to stock up on food is reasonable, especially for a large family....

Just curious as to what is considered "over board"....
Say 1 month supply or 3 months..... or longer?
Owning 1 gun....or is having 3 guns too many?

Much respect ~~~
snarky

edit on 19-11-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cutnshoot84

What is sad is that when/if the SHTF those
people you talked about will be the ones behind the door
telling you to hit the bricks because you thought it was a
a terroristic act to collect and stockpile the item's
you want them to give you so your family or yourself
will survive.
Also it is an American right to be able to look ahead and try to
be ready for whatever might happen even if you don't belive hard/troubled times might be
ahead. Just look at those people on
the east coast , they found out the hard way that FEMA won't be there to
help you during a crisis. If you want to belive the gov. will be there to assist you
during a crisis, hahaha , go right ahead. The smart ones will prepare.

In a nut shell, a lot of people just do NOT trust the government. That simple.

So, for some, they rather be prepared [self-sufficient] than be dependent on FEMA who may or may not be able to help them.

If our country were to experience a catastrophe of some sort on a large scale, whether it be because of Man or Mother Nature, we will all be pretty much on our own for a long while.

We can tell from the past the Cities of importance will get help first and foremost so the smaller towns will be left to fend for themselves.

So I say at least a months worth or more depending on where one lives and the size of a family.
And yes, some form of self defense WILL BE needed most definitely.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

As a UK 'prepper' I can see your point, I only hope that in whatever event may be coming whether its righteous infliction of God ( if there is one but thats another argument) or economic collapse I really hope you don't get the point of someones blade in your back (someone whos not a prepper just desperate) .

Will you be one of the ones who will wait for Government assistance? IF you are then please stay in your home and hide under the bedsheets, it may just go away.

There are those that are unstable in ANY way of life, religeous, political or social tracts and blaming one aspect of 'being prepared' as being a 'terrorist' ( do boy scouts and girl guides count as terrorists? After all their motto is always be prepared)...
But have you noticed the ones calling other terrorists? it always the government who drop bombs on civilians who are classed as 'collateral damage', create false flag events and tax people into desperate situations, so seeing as you say 'preppers' are terrorists can you answer my one question.

WHO is the real terrorist?

Trying to get ready for any situation to protect ones family is not terrorism in my book.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital1) A huge proportion of preppers are mentally challenged individuals, who think the world is going to end.

False. Most preppers are normal people (like your doctor, the guy who cleans up at your kids school, a graphic artist, a fast food worker etc. The minority believes the world is going to end. The "huge proportion" of them believe in being able to take care of themselves should a tsunami/tornado/war or whatever occur.

Originally posted by daaskapital2) A huge proportion of preppers maintain an (obvious) survival mentality, which is dangerous when combined with the above.

False again. Most preppers daily thoughts revolve around work, making payments, fixing his car, his family, what's on TV for tonight. Just.Like.You.

Originally posted by daaskapital3) A huge proportion of preppers own a stockpile of weapons of both minor and major variants.

And how would you know this? Because you watched a couple of episodes of "doomsday preppers" and think that the idiots on that show is a representative of the rest of preppers and survivalists? And what constitutes a "stockpile" to you? A gun and a rifle and a couple of boxes of ammunition?

Originally posted by daaskapital4) A huge proportion of preppers have training in all sorts of things, ranging from weapons handling to survival.

Wow, just like anyone on the police force or the military. Or outdoors man! Call the press we've got mad-men roaming the streets!

Originally posted by daaskapital5) A huge proportion of preppers own a lot of resources, allowing them to hold off for months on end.

Yep, because when the poop hits the fan and FEMA doesn't respond in time, they want to be able to feed themselves. Being responsible, shocker!

I'm a survivalist, I even have my own survival forum and blog. And I can tell you that on a daily basis I DON'T think about survival. I DON'T have a large cache of weapons and ammunition. (In fact, I don't even have a gun.) I carry a MacBook Pro with me in a "man purse". I dress like a hipster and I love Star Bucks. I hate nature and love the big city. In fact, I've been called a "metrosexual" more then once. I make my living as a photographer/designer. Yet, if something were to go awry, I'd be able to survive.

You really are an *****. I'm sorry to degenerating to this level of decorum but who makes you knowledgeable about survivalists and preppers? Do you know any? Have you any first hand knowledge about this stuff? I can answer all of the above for you: NOPE. You're just a troll, trying to piss of people for fun. And shouldn't you be in school or something?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
this coming from someone who uses a avatar from assassins creed. you can tell a lot from someones avatar.

for many, an assassin is the ultimate terrorist. they employ many tactics that terrorists use.
they sneak around in the shadows, they keep their lives secret, they kill for money and or ideas.
they use many unconventional ways to kill. they have a stock pile of weapons, they use many different identities,
and many have been found to have mental disorders. also they cause many important people to live in fear.

edit on 19-11-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
What a goofy thread...

So if you prepare to save yours and your children's lives you are a threat? As far as I can tell a prepper is defensive while a terrorist is offensive. Energies are kinda going in opposite directions don't you think?

You are equating those that don't want to die with those who want to kill.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join