It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preppers deserve to be classed as potential terrorists!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

edit on 19-11-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Just about had chance to read that before it disappeared.
No, I just found that statement hilarious.
And no I don't want to derail a thread, which is why I'll say these two things and two things only on the Christianity subject.
Don't try and make out you're a better person because you a Christian.
You're not, if anything you're worse because you feel you have to say it.
And I was bought up as a Christian, went to a Christian school and was forced to go church ever Sunday.
I grew up basically.
I won't attack you, if you don't call me crazy for not preparing for something as likely as Jesus coming back from the dead.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
All I can say is "Chance favors the prepared mind"
second...
edit on 19-11-2012 by 2Faced because: yada

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Just about had chance to read that before it disappeared.
No, I just found that statement hilarious.
And no I don't want to derail a thread, which is why I'll say these two things and two things only on the Christianity subject.
Don't try and make out you're a better person because you a Christian.
You're not, if anything you're worse because you feel you have to say it.
And I was bought up as a Christian, went to a Christian school and was forced to go church ever Sunday.
I grew up basically.
I won't attack you, if you don't call me crazy for not preparing for something as likely as Jesus coming back from the dead.

I deleted it because it was derailing the thread and now you force me to defend myself even more derailing the thread.

Ill just leave it at that. yours is yours and mine is mine, i respect that. just do call people a terrorist because of it.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
absolutely they are terrorist - how dare them want to survive and protect themselves... and if you are prepared then you can resist.... and if you resist then you must be a terrorist.... off to the gulog ... I think Not...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Who is a Prepper terrorizing and what is a Prepper trying to Coerce from anyone?!?

Definition of TERRORISM
: the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion

You are full of fail with your irrational thoughts about people that will be able to suffer through harder time better than most.

More definitions:
1. a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.
2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others.
3. (formerly) a member of a political group in Russia aiming at the demoralization of the government by terror.
4. an agent or partisan of the revolutionary tribunal during the Reign of Terror in France.

I see, you are frightened by preppers.... That's it Case closed.

You are either a Troll or a Government agent trying to justify your actions so you can sleep at night.

I see no other logical reason why you would post this drivel!

Sirric
edit on 19/11/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Preppers deserve to be classed as potential terrorists

Preppers deserve to be classed as terrorists. Here is why:

1) A huge proportion of preppers are mentally challenged individuals, who think the world is going to end.

2) A huge proportion of preppers maintain an (obvious) survival mentality, which is dangerous when combined with the above.

3) A huge proportion of preppers own a stockpile of weapons of both minor and major variants.

4) A huge proportion of preppers have training in all sorts of things, ranging from weapons handling to survival.

5) A huge proportion of preppers own a lot of resources, allowing them to hold off for months on end.

Combined together, the preppers can be seen to be paranoid and/or mentally challenged individuals with combat/survival training. Furthermore, most of these preppers have a large stockpile of supplies, allowing them to operate (in whatever way they choose) months at a time.

This is why they deserve to be classed as terrorists.

I would try to help you understand why you're wrong, but one who cannot even discern that the arguments proffered are all based on fallacies; Hasty Generalization, Straw Man, Red Herring, Ad Hoc ergo Propter Hoc etc... wouldn't be able to wrap their tiny mind around the logic necessary to see that this whole thread is a sad attempt at TROLLING!

I generally refrain from engaging in a battle of wit with those who are unarmed, but this has to be the saddest OP I have ever read. In essence, your argument boils down to the premise that people who are smart enough and responsible enough to look after themselves, are terrorists.

I think the gene pool could use some more chlorine - ALOT more!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If a person has to imitate a "terrorist" in order to survive a catastrophe, then so be it. I don't know what a stockpile of weapons has to do with disaster prepping, though.

The OP's points sound close to the excuses that FEMA uses (in order to classify the average person as worthy of potential NDAA detainment, I assume). I cannot believe a user on this site would fall for their deceptions.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The will to survive and even thrive in the midst of chaos (even if perceived as paranoid before the fact) does not mean that such person(s) is a threat to commit acts of terror against either the government or fellow citizens. Potentially guilty of possessing future contraband (firearms/weapons, precious metals or food/water, etc) but not mounting attacks against anyone. These people want to be left alone and should not be feared unless you attack them first. "Do Not Tread On Me" doesn't mean they are going to terrorize anyone- it just means dont trample them or their rights. I know some preppers and they are successful business people who are forward thinking not paranoid maniacs. My guess is you were put up to posting this to provoke preppers into IDing themselves. Sad.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

True (on the Louis Pasteur quote).
Preparation is just common sense (boy scout motto, "Be Prepared.").

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

1) A huge proportion of preppers are mentally challenged individuals, who think the world is going to end.

2) A huge proportion of preppers maintain an (obvious) survival mentality, which is dangerous when combined with the above.

3) A huge proportion of preppers own a stockpile of weapons of both minor and major variants.

4) A huge proportion of preppers have training in all sorts of things, ranging from weapons handling to survival.

5) A huge proportion of preppers own a lot of resources, allowing them to hold off for months on end.

Combined together, the preppers can be seen to be paranoid and/or mentally challenged individuals with combat/survival training. Furthermore, most of these preppers have a large stockpile of supplies, allowing them to operate (in whatever way they choose) months at a time.

I would try to help you understand why you're wrong, but one who cannot even discern that the arguments proffered are all based on fallacies; Hasty Generalization, Straw Man, Red Herring, Ad Hoc ergo Propter Hoc etc... wouldn't be able to wrap their tiny mind around the logic necessary to see that this whole thread is a sad attempt at TROLLING!

I generally refrain from engaging in a battle of wit with those who are unarmed, but this has to be the saddest OP I have ever read. In essence, your argument boils down to the premise that people who are smart enough and responsible enough to look after themselves, are terrorists.

I think the gene pool could use some more chlorine - ALOT more!!!

OPs right, see, look, a terrorist, He/She wants to chemically kill the gene pool with chlorine....Must be a subliminal message a terrorist would use for wanting to do acts of violents.

lol j/k star for you!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I hate threads like these, they all assume a definition of terrorism and terrorism by its very nature is very difficult to define. Based on this OP I would say not “preppers” should not be terrorists as they do not fit a clear definition of “terrorist” as stated by their state of residence.

Everybody is a potential terrorist. But this annoying habbit on ATS of saying “Group X are/should be/could be terrorists” is just flat out wrong and annoying.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
You are serious really?
you yourself are a terrorist just trolling this site...................

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Ok some do think "outside the box" but soe just want to be prepared for what ever comes, ie. famine, war, virus.

So you expect everyone to lay down and die if such an event happens?

Some more than others but hey in the US guns are legal. So who are you to say "who can have what"?

Yes we do, and that is to ensure our family, friends and ourselves can continue to survive. All is done on our time at our expense.

Yes we do. So don't come a knocking when your hostess twinkies run out. And again all is done at our own expense.

Good luck its a brave new world.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Please tell me more about your extensive experience with "mental issues"...

oh wait...you just did...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

And the age old, famous, Latin quote Amat victoria curam (Victory loves preparation).

And here is a Latin quote for you, OP. Sutor, ne ultra crepidam (Shoe maker, not above the sandle).

edit on 19-11-2012 by dainoyfb because: I added the second quote.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

The latin proverb, "Fortes audaces iuvat" (fortune favors the bold) suggests that preppers should be bold in their preparation also.

link   
What is a little odd is this got 8 flags. Whereas I think the difference between a prepper and a non prepper is intelligence and income, or there would be alot more preppers.

link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Obviously, you do not see terrorism in the actions of government(s). Preppers are only looking out for their future and being prepared. Government cannot and should not do this for you.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The Earth was just hit with a massive EMP from the sun, all electronics are dead, every last one of them.
No ATMs
No Cold food storage (not only in your house, but in the stores)
No newer cars/gas stations working.
No Radio, TV, or phones
And so on............

Now who is the "mentally challenged individual"?
That would be the end of the world as we know it, mass killings and wars would break out everywhere.

Our military (USA) is taring for a Zombi apocalypse, and you think "Preppers" are the mentally challenged individuals?

Had to play Devils advocate, but only because an EMP is possible, and has shut down power grids before.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Wow, can anyone say troll thread. What gov agency does OP work for? Hmmmmmmm, I wonder?
Talk about making yourself an enemy on ATS. What I would like to know is who in their right mind gave this dummy a star. I'll tell you right now OP, you're just flat out wrong, period. About everything, and those are the facts. ("Burn the troll, burn the troll!!!")

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join