It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preppers deserve to be classed as potential terrorists!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by camaro68ss

"I sir say you’re a one world order agent. For someone to come out and call self-sufficient people terrorists, would make you a government reliant, lazy, parasite, that relies on this fragile grid to survive. God forbid the local wal mart’s power goes out or no natural disaster comes your way, otherwise you’re going to starve to death."
And I sir, say you're over thinking and letting your paranoia get the better of you.
Still, no ones answered my question.
What makes you think you'd even have a chance of survival if "tptb" nuked us?

Its not paranoia when its mathematically 100% certainty the economy will collapse. There is no way out of it. Its only a matter of time.

your ignorance is blinding you.

TPTB nuke us.... yeah, it could happen. but luckly i live in an area that would not receive fallout in anyway unless it was a direct hit, and there is no reason for TPTB to nuke a rural area where no one lives. Lol

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Brace yourself, the preppers are coming...
I remember seeing an episode of doomsday preppers where the bloke is worried about overpopulation. "Society is going to collapse because of overpopulation" he said, "all I care about is protecting my family" then the camera zooms out, and he has three kids! Or the dude who was worried about a super volcano, and where did he live? on the outskirts of e Yellowstone park...
To prepare for a disaster without making any attempt to prevent it defiantly seems psychopathic to me.

Saying that, I have probably only ever heard of the most extreme preppers, there might be some who are actually trying to save the world, rather than just prep for its inevitable fall.
Obviously we can't label them terrorist if they haven't committed a terrorist act. Introduce more thought crimes and society will collapse... then the preppers will be laughing.
edit on 19/11/2012 by seudonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I don't know about calling them terrorists, but they have a mental illness for sure!

They don't just do things for an emergency situation. It can never end there. It completely consumes them 100%. 1 thing leads to another and another. It is obsession brought about through paranoia and ignorance.

Prepping is akin to hoarding and OCD. It is without a doubt, a serious mental illness.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by camaro68ss

"I sir say you’re a one world order agent. For someone to come out and call self-sufficient people terrorists, would make you a government reliant, lazy, parasite, that relies on this fragile grid to survive. God forbid the local wal mart’s power goes out or no natural disaster comes your way, otherwise you’re going to starve to death."
And I sir, say you're over thinking and letting your paranoia get the better of you.
Still, no ones answered my question.
What makes you think you'd even have a chance of survival if "tptb" nuked us?

Its not paranoia when its mathematically 100% certainty the economy will collapse. There is no way out of it. Its only a matter of time.

your ignorance is blinding you.

TPTB nuke us.... yeah, it could happen. but luckly i live in an area that would not receive fallout in anyway unless it was a direct hit, and there is no reason for TPTB to nuke a rural area where no one lives. Lol

Yes, I'm fully aware we are headed for a collapse.
I just don't buy into the whole "illuminati are gonna destroy the economy and then wipe out the whole population for a fresh start" thing.
Why would they nuke a rural area where nobody lives? You surely can't be stupid enough to think that, if they were going to wipe us all out, they'd only go for the cities.
Because small towns and villages aren't part of the population, no?
Oh yeah, because its a rural area there's no chance there's anyone living there

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I am a prepper and I have been classified as a potential terrorist. If you read my post and threads you will likely see why. I actually give a damn about the future of this republic and how the politicians bad decisions impact my family's life. I guess I have always been of a preparedness mindset after all I was a boy scout and their motto is "be prepared". I survived Hurricane Katrina because I was prepared and since I knew before hand what to expect and have it documented on video to prove that I did. I can honestly say that the OP is correct.

Government thrives on the people being dependent on them. The more dependents they have the more the think it justifies more expansion. We are approaching a threshold in this country where soon more will be dependent on the government to provide for their need than those of us that are independent and can survive with out the need of government intervention.

In states like CA, IL and NY if someone breaks in to your house you must call the government to ask for help. You are not permitted to defend your property or yourself. It forces the individual into dependency, and this trend shows no signs of slowing down. So we have to ask ourselves do we wait for the government to save us when the ship sinks or do we have our own lifeboat to save ourselves and as many others as we can?

And now for a Katrina video I help make.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
I don't know about calling them terrorists, but they have a mental illness for sure!

They don't just do things for an emergency situation. It can never end there. It completely consumes them 100%. 1 thing leads to another and another. It is obsession brought about through paranoia and ignorance.

Prepping is akin to hoarding and OCD. It is without a doubt, a serious mental illness.

I would agree there are crazys out there. But knowing an economic collapse is coming and not doing anything about it makes you the crazy one.....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
just wondering how many people in NY and NJ have had their world end, and are wishing that they at least a prepped just a little bit???

now if you want to talk insane, venture on over to you tube and take a look at what a box of twinkies is going for!!!

yes, alas!!! for some the world ended when hostess announced they were shutting down...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
One need only to look to the recent hurricane sandy and the government's feeble response. I"m pretty sure some people still don't have power in New York and New Jersey. FEMA ran out of water in 2 days and blew most of its budget. FEMA is actually asking for a bailout now.

If you have a family, its irresponsible not to have 2 weeks of water/food and someway to keep warm. It's like having a fire estinguisher or air bag. It's not that you look forward to a life threathening car crash or kitchen fire. At some point if you aren't prepared, you're carelessness starts to endanger other people since someone, whether a government rescue team or a neighbor, has to rescue you from learned helplessness.

I can't understand the culture of helplessness wherby it's seen as "weird" to actually have competence in any aspect of self sufficiency.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by grownshow
One need only to look to the recent hurricane sandy and the government's feeble response. I"m pretty sure some people still don't have power in New York and New Jersey. FEMA ran out of water in 2 days and blew most of its budget. FEMA is actually asking for a bailout now.

If you have a family, its irresponsible not to have 2 weeks of water/food and someway to keep warm. It's like having a fire estinguisher or air bag. It's not that you look forward to a life threathening car crash or kitchen fire. At some point if you aren't prepared, you're carelessness starts to endanger other people since someone, whether a government rescue team or a neighbor, has to rescue you from learned helplessness.

I can't understand the culture of helplessness wherby it's seen as "weird" to actually have competence in any aspect of self sufficiency.

Star for you.

Now a days its looked down on to be able to take care of yourself and family. Crazy flippin world we live in now....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

I would agree there are crazys out there. But knowing an economic collapse is coming and not doing anything about it makes you the crazy one.....

Did you become Christian to save yourself from hell? You seem like the kinda guy

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Apart from claim (1) which is questionable at best, all of your claims in the OP are completely bogus.

People wanna spend their money prepping for a major disaster that may or may not come, who are we to judge?

Do you have links to reports to show that people who prep for major disasters and end of the world scenarios are mostly mentally ill?

I think lots of them are majorly misdirected, but there is a big difference between being misdirected and mentally ill.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Reply to post by Wongbeedman

Doing something to help yourself for impending doom is one thing.

Being a "prepper" is different.
As of right now, there is no impending doom. Preppers are preparing for a myriad of things. From volcanos to earthquakes, to economic collapse to nukes. None of which are a certainty for them.
They prepare so heavily, driven through fear, and are so consumed with a doomed future that they do not live in the present. In an attempt to save themselves for the future, they are essentially missing life in the now. It is an illness.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Im sorry, I thought your last sentence was your sig. Hard to tell on mobile ATS sometimes.

Are you asking me if I became a Christian to avoid Hell?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

As of right now, there is no impending doom. Preppers are preparing for a myriad of things. From volcanos to earthquakes, to economic collapse to nukes. None of which are a certainty for them.
They prepare so heavily, driven through fear, and are so consumed with a doomed future that they do not live in the present. In an attempt to save themselves for the future, they are essentially missing life in the now. It is an illness.

Couldn't have put that any better, would like to see how they'd respond to that.
Pretty much certain none of them will read what were saying though

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Im sorry, I thought your last sentence was your sig. Hard to tell on mobile ATS sometimes.

Are you asking me if I became a Christian to avoid Hell?

Haha no, that was for camaro68ss after he said
"I would agree there are crazys out there. But knowing an economic collapse is coming and not doing anything about it makes you the crazy one..."

edit on 19-11-2012 by Wongbeedman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

edit on 19-11-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Camaro believes Obama is a Kenyan Muslim bent on killing America. He is for the wealthy entitlement system and he believes Obama is going to ruin the country.

economic collapse is a possibility, but it is far from a certainty. The fact is, we as citizens who are out of the loop, do not actually know the day to day dealings of global elites or what they have planned, or what is actually going to happen.

He believes collapse is imminent, and that's fine. It's a belief. You gotta leave that at the door though.
Facts are what should lead to life altering prepping.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Don't they classify people who post on "conspiracy" sites as potential terrorists as well?

Kinda f/ucks that up huh? lol?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Floydshayvious

I am sure most of the members here are on a list somewhere.If we
are not,then we are not doing our best to be on one.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

If i was you, i'd send a letter to the department of homeland security and ask them why they have blown billions of tax payer money doing the above. In the past year alone they have bought millions of rounds of ammunition, armored vehicles, and equipment. Be sure and include what local park/library/or community project you'd like the money to be spent on instead. Oh, and tell them they are nuts.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join