It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preppers deserve to be classed as potential terrorists!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Yes, let's strip citizens of rights because YOU are concerned they 'might' do something.

While we are at it we should take away all hard foods, because someone might choke. We should take away cars because someone might run into someone. We should take away liquids because people might drown.

You can't take away every little thing because something 'might' happen. We have a system, if someone does something wrong they will be punished. Until then they aren't hurting anyone.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I see nothing wrong with being self sufficient and not wanting Govt interfering in our lives,that hardly makes them potential terrorists,in fact if TSHTF wether by war,financial crisis or a major natural disaster the govt will be looking after itself,at least these people will be able to feed and defend themselves against looters

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
As unstable as society as a whole is becoming, it wouldn't take much I don't believe to trigger a very serious SHTF scenario.

Whether it be caused by Mother Nature or maybe panic from economic collapse, it doesn't hurt to be prepared for a "What If" scenario......

Take the after effects of hurricane Sandy for example......
-no power
-loss of home
-no food/water other than what is given out

What is this now, going on 3 weeks and some areas are still not habitable???

Now.....

What if that were to happen in many large areas at the same time??
Or the Banks were to shut their doors?

What then?

You gonna wait on FEMA to take care of you?

Good luck.......
If they have a hard time on a small scale, I doubt they will be very reliable on a large scale.

I'm sure the desperate ones looking for food/shelter will take care of you.
No problem.......

I personally prefer the term self-sufficient rather than prepper.

I don't like to be dependent on any one unless I absolutely have to.
edit on 19-11-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Having read the ops posting and giving it several thoughts on such the following can be stated:

Based off of the definition as to what a Prepper is then the op has left off a few individuals:

The Federal government, namely the executive and the legislative branch of the federal government.
Any military organization, as they would have all of the qualifications.
Most governments of the world, as they would have at least some if not all of what is mentioned there.
The Boy Scouts and any and all scouting organizations, as they are taught about how to survive in the wild, live off the land and be prepared.
People who live and have survived any natural disaster or live in an area where disasters have been known to take place.
People who live where they get snowed in for several weeks if not months at a time, like the rocky mountains or even Alaska.

So does that mean that large number of people, the millions of people who live in the US, who are in the federal government, (mentally challenged), the US military (who prepare for scenarios of world ending, have large stockpiles of weapons, are trained for survival, and have a large number of resources), the populations of gulf coast, the tornado alley, those who live on the front range, in the mountains of the pacific north west, and Alaska, who understand the terrain and the natural disasters that happen, are all of those people terrorist?

I have lived in several areas where if you were not prepared for some kind of diseaster, you are an idiot cause if anything, recent history should teach us don't trust that the federal government is going to be of any help when diseaster strikes. (Just ask the people of New Orleans, Katrina, the BP oil well and the people who just went through Sandy.)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by hawkiye

troll much do ya? But Ok I'll play along for minute...

1) A huge proportion of preppers are mentally challenged individuals, who think the world is going to end.

Care to back that fabrication up with some hard evidence?

I don't have any hard evidence to give

Talk about speaking out your ass on something i have never seen a study done and given the fact that most preppers tend to keep a low profile it is virtually impossible to get any kind of accurate numbers or data on such a thing.

Thank you for agreeing with me here. Considering these preppers remain secluded and keep a low profile, they deserve to classed as potential terrorists. Who knows what they are up to.

Of course you don't have any evidence that's what I pointed out. However then you proceed to say i agree with you... Sigh. Not the brightest bulb in the bunch are ya?... Hate to break it to you but I did not agree with you on anything. I in fact pointed out that your statement was patently false. But apparently you do not have the mental capacity to understand that... Oh and by the way the government classifies you as a terrorist also just so you know and that is even if they are your employer. However they classify ham sandwiches as terrorists to so what else is new...

edit on 19-11-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Therefore, only idiots aren't terrorists.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I'm getting rid of my Oscar Mayer bologna right now!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
where is the negative star/flag button?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Here's a few mentally challenged terms for you:

Ad absurdum
Ad ignorantiam
Dicto simpliciter
Hakuna matata

And of course before you can run around pointing fingers and calling people terrorists, you should also take into serious consideration: Corpus Delecti

So that's the end of our mentally challenged 101 class today kiddies, thank you and remember... "Don't eat the yellow snow."

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Apparently your not a prepper cause boy you outta your meds. You should probably go stock up but thats only if your medicare card hasn't run out!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I smell a cointel???

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I agree with the OP. God forbid if we lived in a country where people had to actually commit a crime before they are considered a threat to society.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Let's turn the OP's original post around, shall we.

Clueless People deserve to be classed as potential idiots

Clueless people deserve to be classed as idiots. Here is why:

1) A huge proportion of clueless people are mentally challenged individuals, who think the world is always going to be hunky-dory.

2) A huge proportion of clueless people maintain an (obvious) me-first mentality, which is dangerous when combined with the above.

3) A huge proportion of clueless people do not own a stockpile of weapons of both minor and major variants.

4) A huge proportion of clueless people have absolutely no training in all sorts of things, ranging from weapons handling to survival.

5) A huge proportion of clueless people own a lot of things that are totally useless in a SHTF scenario.

Combined together, the clueless people can be seen to be idiotic and/or mentally challenged individuals with no combat/survival training. Furthermore, most of these clueless people have a no stockpile of supplies, allowing them to operate (in whatever way they choose) mostly in a stupor state of mind.

This is why they deserve to be classed as idiots.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Thank you for agreeing with me here. Considering these preppers remain secluded and keep a low profile, they deserve to classed as potential terrorists. Who knows what they are up to.

Ah, guilty until proven innocent. The true American spirit.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Well I quess I should stop helping the idiot that keep runing out off gas because they can't read a sign that say no GAS for 120 Miles.

They sure look happy I was prepared at -40 C when they nock at my door at the midle of the night.
Did you ever get snowed in for week at a time. I love it vacation time again.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Happy1

Let's turn the OP's original post around, shall we.

Clueless People deserve to be classed as potential idiots

Clueless people deserve to be classed as idiots. Here is why:

1) A huge proportion of clueless people are mentally challenged individuals, who think the world is always going to be hunky-dory.

2) A huge proportion of clueless people maintain an (obvious) me-first mentality, which is dangerous when combined with the above.

3) A huge proportion of clueless people do not own a stockpile of weapons of both minor and major variants.

4) A huge proportion of clueless people have absolutely no training in all sorts of things, ranging from weapons handling to survival.

5) A huge proportion of clueless people own a lot of things that are totally useless in a SHTF scenario.

Combined together, the clueless people can be seen to be idiotic and/or mentally challenged individuals with no combat/survival training. Furthermore, most of these clueless people have a no stockpile of supplies, allowing them to operate (in whatever way they choose) mostly in a stupor state of mind.

This is why they deserve to be classed as idiots.

Also, these idiots will be the ones knocking on your door for help in a SHTF scenario.....
[notice I said YOUR door...hee,hee]

edit on 19-11-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

link   

Sounds more like you are just paranoid , and maybe feel a little left out . I prep because I live in a earthquake zone , nothing wrong with being ready to survive . I dont need the Govt. to come rescue me . Sorry I guess even a troll needs a bitchslap sometimes.

link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

troll much do ya? But Ok I'll play along for minute...

1) A huge proportion of preppers are mentally challenged individuals, who think the world is going to end.

Care to back that fabrication up with some hard evidence?

Talk about speaking out your ass on something i have never seen a study done and given the fact that most preppers tend to keep a low profile it is virtually impossible to get any kind of accurate numbers or data on such a thing.

There is so much wrong with that statement it beggers belief,is this really how far we have sunk

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
A lot of them may be nutty but if they aren't breaking any laws or killing people why should they be classified as terrorists?

edit on 19-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join