It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point of living if you're not rich?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

You will never truly be happy until you learn to accept yourself and your circumstances right now, just as you are.

Not "New Age" mumbo jumbo, just something you learn with age and experience.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

edit on 15-11-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeone718
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

The next luka magnotta maybe?

Possibly

SERIOUSLY * READ HER OTHER THREADS*

either a severe psychological disorder or she loves PROVOKING people

will she respond ....probably not.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
This thread summarizes the very essence of someone who has not yet woken up.

So, WAKE UP!

If you had a big house, you'd want a bigger one. If you had a nice car, you'd want another. If you have fine jewelry, you'll want more. It is the very essence of this insatiable EGO appetite that has humanity in the situation it is. The illusion of scarcity! Quite the illusion.

The EGO is never, ever satisfied. EVER. It is a part of the human condition that represents our true adversary. And the reason you have it as an adversary is to grow beyond it, and learn the lesson contained within that struggle. Karma is your loving teacher, pay attention in class as it is fully in session.

We don't have long now, so my recommendation is, today, begin seeking awareness free of Ego. Might I recommend Eckhart Tolle's books as a start? Or maybe a sabbatical in a land with people that do not depend on commodities as much? Or heck, maybe just a camping trip or something.

I've woken up to humans living in denial. All of you like me desire riches and bliss beyond your imagination. You restrict your frame of thought in order to keep your sanity in your uninteresting existence. Most of you realize just how small you are so you cover up your shame by believing in Myths about the ego. Truth is there is nothing wrong with wanting to be rich and/or desiring more things.

I've awoke also to a reality of humans never finding any truths. ATSers are doomed to finding nothing repeating an endless cycle of finding info that will circle them around to another clue about another clue and so on until it ends in nothingness.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Do you actually believe you are not rich? Here you are posting on the Internet, fluent in a language. Who knows how "poor" you think you are, but it looks to me like you are richer than 80-90% of the world's population. "Poor" people in this country, with their food stamps, section 8 housing, welfare, etc. live better than almost everyone in Eastern Europe,and that is considered First World. Have you ever looked at how people live in, say, Italy or Greece? The size of their apartments? You'd turn your nose up at them. YOU are richer than most of the rest of the world's wildest dreams.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Richest and happyiest man in the world !
and by far

being only rich thinking you are happy .. thats an illusion from hell
it will drain your soul dry
because living like a king while millions are starving
and all you want his having more money .. pathetic
but you can be rich and also very generous with poor people that dont have the same chance
always keep the balance or one day the loop will close on you like a slamming door
its inevitable !
edit on 11/15/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Do you actually believe you are not rich? Here you are posting on the Internet, fluent in a language. Who knows how "poor" you think you are, but it looks to me like you are richer than 80-90% of the world's population. "Poor" people in this country, with their food stamps, section 8 housing, welfare, etc. live better than almost everyone in Eastern Europe,and that is considered First World. Have you ever looked at how people live in, say, Italy or Greece? The size of their apartments? You'd turn your nose up at them. YOU are richer than most of the rest of the world's wildest dreams.

I do not care for them.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Desire is what pushes people to accomplish something substantial which in turn could result in wealth.

Any attention is good attention to a narcissist even if everyone on here were to disagree with you it still FEEDS YOUR EGO.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

The capitalist economic system is designed to feed the ego, create desire, and exploit the majority so a minority can have those things you want.

We don't need money, or to be rich, to have those things. We just need access to the means to produce those things. That access is limited because of the private ownership of the means to produce.

If we all owned the means of production then we could produce what we want without the restrictions of having to make profit.

Poverty is not a lack of money, it is a lack of resources and the means to produce.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa

I do not care for them.

^This^ sums up what's wrong with humanity. You're either narcissistic/psychopathic, or baiting people for responses. You seem to be doing a good job of the latter...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Being "rich" involves so much more than finances. You can be rich in love and be just as satisfied in a trailer as a "rich" man with no love in a mansion.

You can be rich in friends. I would much rather be surrounded by my friends in a trailer than alone in a mansion.

Money cannot buy everything..and seldom being "rich" monetarily leads to happiness.

I would rather have love and friendship than a bunch of money.

!~K

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick

Desire is what pushes people to accomplish something substantial which in turn could result in wealth.

Any attention is good attention to a narcissist even if everyone on here were to disagree with you it still FEEDS YOUR EGO.

Has you have notice the avy and the weird eye
reptilians people are normaly craving to be rich and all powerfull
caring only about themself with such arrogance
let her be in the void she have created .. its even in her location
attention seeker that want to spread negative energy around

buttttt its NOT WORKING !

we are all stronger then her and by far
she could own trillions of dollars .. wouldnt care much
being rich is NOT ETERNAL .. the soul is !

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
This thread summarizes the very essence of someone who has not yet woken up.

So, WAKE UP!

If you had a big house, you'd want a bigger one. If you had a nice car, you'd want another. If you have fine jewelry, you'll want more. It is the very essence of this insatiable EGO appetite that has humanity in the situation it is. The illusion of scarcity! Quite the illusion.

The EGO is never, ever satisfied. EVER. It is a part of the human condition that represents our true adversary. And the reason you have it as an adversary is to grow beyond it, and learn the lesson contained within that struggle. Karma is your loving teacher, pay attention in class as it is fully in session.

We don't have long now, so my recommendation is, today, begin seeking awareness free of Ego. Might I recommend Eckhart Tolle's books as a start? Or maybe a sabbatical in a land with people that do not depend on commodities as much? Or heck, maybe just a camping trip or something.

I've woken up to humans living in denial. All of you like me desire riches and bliss beyond your imagination. You restrict your frame of thought in order to keep your sanity in your uninteresting existence. Most of you realize just how small you are so you cover up your shame by believing in Myths about the ego. Truth is there is nothing wrong with wanting to be rich and/or desiring more things.

I've awoke also to a reality of humans never finding any truths. ATSers are doomed to finding nothing repeating an endless cycle of finding info that will circle them around to another clue about another clue and so on until it ends in nothingness.

Then who is happier? The person you just responded to or you?

I will break this down in your language. I know you do not want to be judged and any attempt at pointing out your shallowness will just be rebuked with your understanding of body chemistry.

You are weak. There are many people with next to nothing who have achieved a happiness far greater than you will realize even if you do attain all of the wealth and status you crave. You can justify their happiness into a corner and say it is not real but it is. They are superior to you because you are flawed and need these things to be happy. It is black and white. If it helps you understand, blame your genetics.

You say that everybody is materialistic. I say everybody has the ability to not be a shallow douche.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

That statement is worth many hundreds of more stars than I am able to give!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

dont be so emo

life isnt so bad.

compared to many parts of the world you live a life of luxury

the paupers life is the life for me yo ho ho and no formal dinner party
edit on 15-11-2012 by lobotomizemecapin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

sorry couldnt resist

cheer up

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
no worry .. the rich are so greedy arrogant and attention seekers
making sure poor people see them a mile away with their big warm rich house all lighted up

karma wont tolerate much more and can be a real b**** sometimes

no 100th chance

one day this guy will be in front of her castle

with a few starving friends behind him that need a big place to stay for the night

People that think they are superior to others
are in fact inferior and by far
until they learn that everyone is EGUALY IMPORTANT

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Do you have aspergers? Do you have any mental problems? Why do you feel and act as you do?

Being rich will not protect you from possibly getting cancer or into an accident or getting some disabling disease. Being rich won't save you from the ravages of time as you age. Being rich does not buy you love and happiness.

There is so much you need to learn about life. You are shallow and unrealistic and oblivious to what true happiness really is.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

What is the point? I'll never have my own white elegant mansion. Never have such a large beautiful yard or garden of expensive flowers. I'll never have a chance to wake up to the most delicious over priced foods. No large warm bed to sleep in. Will never be able to afford the most expensive clothing, laptop or cakes. I just want to sit around eating a vanilla icing butter cake cupcake looking at the sky from my massive window at my big mansion. Why can't I have this easy life? I want maids ready to cook me the best meals everyday. I would like for average people to worship me as I drive by in my limo. THIS IS ALL I'VE EVER WANTED IN LIFE! Reality is hitting me hard and fast to the fact I'm a nothing.

I'll NEVER have this
. Why must I suffer so? If there so happens to be a life after-death I'll give up my freedom to the illuminati or reptilians just for an easy rich life again and again every time. If a force is controlling this world please give me it all and I'll be a happy slave. I'm tired of this world, tired of the struggle. Please do plug me back into the slave system if it means I'll be rich.

(Before you ATSians say I'm materialistic......guess what? Everybody is. You desire love? Well that's a chemical reaction a form of Materialism . Desire children? Well that's materialistic also. So please let's not turn this into a "You are shallow debate ". 1+ point Alyssa
) . Seriously, I'm tired of new age talk, sick of everything. I just want the next life to be a rich one of dreams, cake and tea. The system can take my soul (If a soul even exists that is)

One last thing I must ask. Where are you ATSers in life? It's all meaningless and a waste of time. You'll never find the truth about aliens, ghost, time-zero, god or anything else. Just give into the slave system matrix and hope you get to be rich in the next life (if a next-life existences).

It's time to give up such a meaningless fight ATS.

WAAAAA, gaga googoo, my life sucks and everything I want hasn't fallen in my lap

Seriously, how can you tell people NOT to point out that you're OBVIOUSLY materialistic and shallow when you say things like that? What's the point in living if you can't have all the money in the world? Morals? Values? Life goals? Family? Friends? Finding the beauty in the life situations that you would never have if you were wealthy?

Hell, I vent a lot about certain aspects of my life, but still... wishing for wealth to fall out of the sky and save you is sad. It is really sad.

A chemical reaction of the brain isn't in the same boat as wishing for riches. Love is pure. Greed is sin.

Guess what? The love of money is also evil. And guess what? Selling your soul is also evil.

You will never have your fantasy life.

If you want any kind of meaningful life at all, lose the ego, get some values, and eliminate this petty fantasy from your mind.

Seriously... you sound like a child.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin

sorry couldnt resist

cheer up

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join