It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point of living if you're not rich?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

You have raised valid poinst Alyssa. All the questions you are asking are viewed and thought about in context of the world that was described to you from birth. Despite that you have broken your programming. The ones that do manage to break their program face a life of despair if they dont adjust. Some will adjust by become cold and cruel, and unfair as the situation they find themselves in. There is no solution or answers to your questions, but if you are strong enough there are always alternatives.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

One last thing I must ask. Where are you ATSers in life? It's all meaningless and a waste of time. You'll never find the truth about aliens, ghost, time-zero, god or anything else. Just give into the slave system matrix and hope you get to be rich in the next life (if a next-life existences).

For the truth about the weird stuff that happens, you're probably right. We'll likely never have the answers. But when those things happen that make you go "wtf?" , it sure makes things interesting.

Where am I in life? Good question. I don't really know. I married a northern Alberta truck driver, live on an acreage, and don't need to work. Money is tight sometimes, but we also have more than we need. I'm content. Mostly happy.

Life takes people on strange journeys sometimes before you end up where it feels like you're supposed to be.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
You can think I'm weird ...well I know that already but I am an extremely sensitive person. Whenever I read Alyssa's OP's I get an ill feeling almost like I feel a different intent behind the well thought out posts. I do admit I find her thought provoking and intelligent but knowing how the majority of people react and are on this site I sense someone who loved to ruffle feathers.... now this really is just what I sensed and my interpretation. Because EVERYONE sees things differently.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

Alyssa's an Attractive and shallow extremist.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Well, another typical Alyssa thread.

Makes an totally trolling OP, then never reply again in the thread.

vvv

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Alyssa's an Attractive and shallow extremist.

strange coincidence that FULL MOON tonight and there are a lot of MEN relationship threads popping up AND we have this WINNER to mess with our heads. LOL

PS I got physically ill reading her posts ...feeling the INTENT she was projecting.
edit on 11/28/2012 by obnoxiouschick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

strange coincidence that FULL MOON tonight and there are a lot of MEN relationship threads popping up AND we have this WINNER to mess with our heads. LOL

Yes i noticed a lot of relationship threads. Alyssa should be writing a thread on relationships for transhumans. I gave her thread a star for being excelling at shallowness.
edit on 28-11-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Yes i noticed a lot of relationship threads. Alyssa should be writing a thread on relationships for transhumans. I gave her thread a star for being excelling at shallowness.
edit on 28-11-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

Did you notice she changed the CREEPY snake eyed avatar?

wonder why she doesn't reply back.... not strong enough to handle the confrontations she started....oh well then don't post threads.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Did you notice she changed the CREEPY snake eyed avatar?

No i didnt, you think thats some kind of symbology?

wonder why she doesn't reply back.... not strong enough to handle the confrontations she started....oh well then don't post threads

she i agree on this part and not suprised. The achilles heel of shallowness, is it applies to the spine as well spindly and weak.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The richest person I know is also one of the most paranoid, isolated, and seemingly unhappy. This is somebody I interact with from time to time in business who has a net worth in the low 9-figure range, making him legitmately "filthy rich." But this guy can't ever relax or trust anyone because he thinks everyone is trying to scam his money out from him - and he's probably right. The man is a miser too. He unscrews the lightbulbs from hotel rooms and takes them back home with him, collects ketchup packets at restatrants, and haggles with everyone and everything. He is unable to let go, which is probably the reason he's so wealthy, but what's the point? He's probably going to end up dead soon from a heart problem because of the constant stress.

There is something to be said for having enough financial security to control how you spend your time, and to allow you to do meaningful or at least pleasant things with your life. I consider myself a "temporalist" and not a "materialist," in the sense that I focus on how money can buy free time and less on the physical objects it purchases, beyond a certain level. Time is the one commodity that you can never get back once its gone. But you don't need to be super-rich to arrange your life to make good use of it.
edit on 11/29/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

You are something.We all are.
Just depends on what you make of it.
Instead of shooting for the sky,make the most of what you have.
Family and friends.
And your health as well as their's.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Original

I know how you feel. Even a week in the lap of luxury would be sweet

Ah well life goes on. Maybe next time

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

yes it looked like she was a viper person it was weird.

And she never replies.

If you check her profile...I bet she due to start a new "crap" thread again real soon.

edit - she did start a new one ....I was in treatment last week. Missed it.
edit on 11/30/2012 by obnoxiouschick because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join