It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
IDF strikes two buildings housing journalists.

The IDF struck a building housing two international media outlets early Sunday morning, hours after striking another building housing a number of media outlets, the affected media outlets reported. Six journalists were injured in the first strike but no injuries were reported in the second strike. Sky News Arabia and Al-Arabiya said their offices were hit in the second strike. The first strike hit a building housing Palestinian Ma'an and Al Quds television stations. Five Al Quds employees and one freelancer were injured in that strike. Iran's PressTV later said the sixth injury was one of its cameramen. The IDF said the first strike targeted a rooftop "transmission antenna used by Hamas to carry out terror activity."

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
IDF strikes two buildings housing journalists.

The IDF struck a building housing two international media outlets early Sunday morning, hours after striking another building housing a number of media outlets, the affected media outlets reported. Six journalists were injured in the first strike but no injuries were reported in the second strike. Sky News Arabia and Al-Arabiya said their offices were hit in the second strike. The first strike hit a building housing Palestinian Ma'an and Al Quds television stations. Five Al Quds employees and one freelancer were injured in that strike. Iran's PressTV later said the sixth injury was one of its cameramen. The IDF said the first strike targeted a rooftop "transmission antenna used by Hamas to carry out terror activity."

"The sites that we targeted overnight were all positively identified by precise intelligence over the course of months."
IDFSpokesperson

Must have been damn good intelligence gathering when they themselves are happy about it.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I think this could be the f16

www.almanar.com.lb...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
They finally banned that liar Harry

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakeB
They finally banned that liar Harry

What did he lie about? Didn't watch him that much.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I'm assuming here.. but all this constant traffic noise on the Reuters feed almost has to be large convoys of military equipment being moved... there's no way there would be that much "casual traffic" in a war zone like that. It's probably safe to say that military traffic there would completely outnumber civilian traffic.
edit on 18-11-2012 by nexttothemoon because: edited to explain that it's the Reuters feed with the "convoy-like" traffic.. not the RT feed

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spire

Im gonna keep it short to prevent derailing the thread, but long story short he was extremely biased

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I can't take responsibility for this find. It was pointed out to me by JAK.

I figured I'd throw it in here as well!!

Netanyahu risky Gamble

Just a few hours before the launch of the deadly offensive against military targets and Hamas leaders in the Gaza Strip, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was in his favorite place: in front of live television cameras. On Wednesday evening, he addressed the Israeli people with direct, aggressive words. "Today, we relayed a clear message to the Hamas organization and other terrorist organizations," he said. "If there is a need, the military is prepared to expand the operation." Defense Minister Ehud Barak also addressed reporters, saying that Hamas' "consistent provocation in recent weeks … forced our hand into acting with both precision and decisiveness." ANZEIGE The dual appearance seems to betray the motives behind the most recent attacks. "When the cannons roar, we see only Netanyahu and Barak on the screen, and all the other politicians have to applaud them," wrote the daily Haaretz in a commentary published Thursday. "The assassination of (Hamas' top military commander Ahmed) Jabari will go down in history as another showy military action initiated by an outgoing government on the eve of an election." Indeed, one can conclude that the most recent offensive against militants in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip -- which started Wednesday with the killing of Jabari -- has been conceived as more of a show fight for the Israeli public than the beginning of a decisive battle.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JakeB

who banned him?

link   
reply to post by JakeB

Israel is biased to, does that make them liars? Or is it just when you hear something you don't like?

Update:
Rocket hit's field

link   
The F16s were dropping flares and chaff as a defence against missiles...standard practice.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

An Israeli rocket.

IDF Hits 2 buildings housing reporters

Five Al Quds employees and one freelancer were injured in that strike. Iran's PressTV later said the sixth injury was one of its cameramen.

Unconfirmed on victims names.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

So they just flew over to drop flares and Chaff???

There didn't appear to be any threats launched towards them.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Reuters on Twitter

Two explosions heard after sirens sound in Tel Aviv

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Im not saying Israel is squeaky clean, but I have a serious issue when bias and bigotry blur the facts. Harry was blatantly pro-gaza and his reporting reflected that bias, he spun every bit of information to fit his agenda. I would rather get the facts from someone at ground zero, then have to listen to ignorant bs

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by seppirish
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I think this could be the f16

www.almanar.com.lb...

Do you know what an f-16 is?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Well I may not have liked his style of reporting but I hope he wasn't injured or killed
I think it's terrible to be happy about him dying or being injured

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

I wasnt trying to come off as being happy he might be dead, just happy that he was shut down, if he's hurt or worse then that would be a terrible tragedy

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

What, do I know what a F16i is and looks like.
only aircraft that has been shot own is this drone,
I,m just wonder is this where the report came from, of an F16i shot down.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Press tv reporting 2 m75 rockets fired at tel aviv and just seen a large strike on gazza feed

new topics

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join