It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 110
<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Are you guys listening to the Reuters feed???? I need to know if I'm over-reacting here.....this sounds pretty ominous to me

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
First Rockets Hit Israel after Overnight Lull

BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- Several rockets hit southern Israel on Sunday morning after an overnight lull in fire from Gaza, Israel's army said. Projectiles landed in the Hof Ashkelon and Eshkol regions, without causing injuries, an army spokeswoman said. Israeli news site Ynet said a building in Ashkelon was damaged. They were the first rockets fired from Gaza into Israel since midnight on Saturday, according to the army.

Well.... if Israel had said they would agree to a ceasefire if rockets are stopped being launched against them... I doubt we will see a ceasefire in at least the next 24 hours.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
Are you guys listening to the Reuters feed???? I need to know if I'm over-reacting here.....this sounds pretty ominous to me

Let's just hope it is a freeway and not a huge convoy..
edit on 18-11-2012 by spire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Those heavy traffic sounds are driving me nuts too. We don't get to see the drones either.

This is an older bit (2009) about the smuggling tunnels between Egypt and Gaza.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by spire

We might aswell just hope it is a freeway and not a huge convoy..

I've been watching that location for the past 2 days and have heard nothing like this. If it's a freeway then why is every single vehicle a HUGE truck/something?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by spire

We might aswell just hope it is a freeway and not a huge convoy..

I've been watching that location for the past 2 days and have heard nothing like this. If it's a freeway then why is every single vehicle a HUGE truck/something?

You're right, and last night they were visited by some Israeli soldiers and then they cut off the feed, but then they were on top of a dirt road or something, on a hill. I don't know, you see a dirt road on the feed now aswell.

If only we could have a 360 view...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Word leaders coming to negotiate

Looks like it's getting some international attention and people are coming in to try to negotiate some kind of ceasefire.

International leaders are due to arrive in the region in the coming days in an effort to calm the hostilities between Israel and Hamas and to help broker a cease-fire.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Damn a big one just now!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
source

I leave for 3 hours and the power goes out in #Gaza and no word from @harryfear

It's from Twitter, so take it with a grain of salt, but with everything else we're seeing, it could be substantial.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
In my opinion, it's on. That isn't a freeway and those aren't cars we're hearing - they're big, heavy and slow-moving. That's the Israeli war machine. Maybe they're just moving to another position and it's nothing to worry about. But moving they are.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Has the ground invasion started? This is what it seems like to me

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

I am hearing a lot of trucks but I am also hearing what sounds like lighter vehicles as well.

And something else to consider is that the work week in Israel begins today . . . it runs Sunday through Thursday instead of the usual Monday through Friday for most in the west. I am not saying it is not military movements but just pointing out it could be normal heavy Monday traffic.

Edit to add . . . I think I just heard a drone fly along side the traffic . . . whatever the traffic is.
edit on 18-11-2012 by nonnez because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nonnez
reply to post by Curio

I am hearing a lot of trucks but I am also hearing what sounds like lighter vehicles as well.

And something else to consider is that the work week in Israel begins today . . . it runs Sunday through Thursday instead of the usual Monday through Friday for most in the west. I am not saying it is not military movements but just pointing out it could be normal heavy Monday traffic.

Do people actually work (normal jobs) when theres a threat of a missile on you're rooftop destroying your very own existence?
I certainly wouldn't, at least not that close to the border!
edit on 18-11-2012 by spire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nonnez
reply to post by Curio

Well, I'm not seeing/hearing anybody else getting excited over this.....so maybe you're correct.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I just don't see, tactically, why Israel would start ground operations in the day. It almost sounds like a highway of sorts near the feed -- (removed comment)
edit on 18-11-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

Those are the sounds of F16's though....
edit on 18-11-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
OK so they are near a highway! LOL jsut heard a horn beep! Still hear F-16 tho
edit on 18-11-2012 by WhoDat09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
OK so they are near a highway! LOL jsut heard a horn beep! Still hear F-16 tho
edit on 18-11-2012 by WhoDat09 because: (no reason given)

Well that is relief!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I think the ground invasion is imminent. Israel keeps saying they won't do it if the rockets stop in every new article, then there are reports of rockets. It's only a matter of time unfortunately.

Still, no words from Harry eh? I've heard a few media centers were hit, according to twitter as well as the little chat bullcrap on the side bar of ustream.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
You guys are making far too much of these sounds were hearing.

new topics

top topics

<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join