It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RON PAUL's Farewell Address To Congress :-(

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Farewell to Congress

This may well be the last time I speak on the House Floor. At the end of the year I’ll leave Congress after 23 years in office over a 36 year period. My goals in 1976 were the same as they are today: promote peace and prosperity by a strict adherence to the principles of individual liberty.

It was my opinion, that the course the U.S. embarked on in the latter part of the 20th Century would bring us a major financial crisis and engulf us in a foreign policy that would overextend us and undermine our national security.

www.campaignforliberty.org...

More in the link.

Also, will post video soon as it's on YouTube.

It breaks me to know this man has gone so far, so close, yet fell so close to Presidency. He will be forever known as the Grandfather of the Tea Party and Truth Movement for now and forever. IMO.

edit on 14-11-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Bye Bye.

You won't be missed.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
Bye Bye.

You won't be missed.

Will all the Dollar Signs in your signature, I assume you're a standard cut and paste Republican. So I understand you will not miss Ron Paul.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

I disagree. I will miss Dr.Paul. He could have been a great asset to the US but he was ignored and ridiculed. Shame on you, America. :shk:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Bye Bye.

You won't be missed.

Will all the Dollar Signs in your signature, I assume you're a standard cut and paste Republican. So I understand you will not miss Ron Paul.

Nah, I'm actually a leftist. Ron Paul is the creepy republican fraud.

And the dollar signs in my signature are far from praising money, read the text that goes with it.

edit on 14-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Bye Bye.

You won't be missed.

I suppose honest people are a bit of a pain in the ass in a corrupt society.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Bye Bye.

You won't be missed.

I understand that the cult of personality around him shuts off peoples logical reasoning. Once you break the mental conditioning your mind shall be set free.

Ron Paul claims to be anti-war but voted for the invasion of Afghanistan. The bill was unconstitutional and gave the president way too much power.

Paul voted for this garbage;

Authorization for Use of Military Force
September 18, 2001
Public Law 107-40 [S. J. RES. 23]
107th CONGRESS

JOINT RESOLUTION
To authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.

Whereas, on September 11, 2001, acts of treacherous violence were committed against the United States and its citizens; and

Whereas, such acts render it both necessary and appropriate that the United States exercise its rights to self-defense and to protect United States citizens both at home and abroad; and

Whereas, in light of the threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by these grave acts of violence; and

Whereas, such acts continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States; and

Whereas, the President has authority under the Constitution to take action to deter and prevent acts of international terrorism against the United States: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This joint resolution may be cited as the `Authorization for Use of Military Force'.
SEC. 2. AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES.

(a) IN GENERAL- That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.

(b) War Powers Resolution Requirements-
(1) SPECIFIC STATUTORY AUTHORIZATION- Consistent with section 8(a)(1) of the War Powers Resolution, the Congress declares that this section is intended to constitute specific statutory authorization within the meaning of section 5(b) of the War Powers Resolution.
(2) APPLICABILITY OF OTHER REQUIREM

Claims to be a constitutionalists but is against the post office
Claims to be free market but requests ear marks
Claims to be for states rights but sponsored a bill that would make abortion illegal on the federal level
Claims to be a libertarian but is against gay marriage because of his religion
Says the term "honest rape"

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
VIDEO:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I love how nobody responds to trusts comments about Ron Paul being a wolf in sheeps clothing. Ron Paul has made some mistakes yes, he has voted on unconstitutional laws even when he calls him self a strict conservative. Let's say, he is a liar and a wolf in sheeps clothing.

But....

What other candidate (excluding Gary Johnson) promised to end all Big Gov. Agencies (FED, Homeland security, CIA, you get the point) and what other candidate promised to bring back all the troops from the 900 military bases we have across the world?

I agree that Ron Paul could in fact be a fraud, but when you have a President who has signed in NDAA, NDRP, and extended the Patriot Act, and then you have a candidate who has mostly kept consistent on what he says for over 20 years, who are you going to trust more? I can see your argument, but at the same time, Obama is a greater threat to the American people then Ron Paul is.

Basically, if you voted for Obama over Gary Johnson and Paul, it means you support NDAA, NDRP and the Patriot Act. Do you honestly think Ron Paul would sign in these laws? When congress passed the Patriot act, and NDAA, he opposed both of those laws.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Bye Bye.

You won't be missed.

I understand that the cult of personality around him shuts off peoples logical reasoning. Once you break the mental conditioning your mind shall be set free.

Ron Paul claims to be anti-war but voted for the invasion of Afghanistan. The bill was unconstitutional and gave the president way too much power.

September 18, 2001
107th CONGRESS

JOINT RESOLUTION
To authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.

Whereas, on September 11, 2001, acts of treacherous violence were committed against the United States and its citizens; and

Whereas, such acts render it both necessary and appropriate that the United States exercise its rights to self-defense and to protect United States citizens both at home and abroad; and

Whereas, in light of the threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by these grave acts of violence; and

Whereas, such acts continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States; and

Whereas, the President has authority under the Constitution to take action to deter and prevent acts of international terrorism against the United States: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This joint resolution may be cited as the `Authorization for Use of Military Force'.

(a) IN GENERAL- That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.

(1) SPECIFIC STATUTORY AUTHORIZATION- Consistent with section 8(a)(1) of the War Powers Resolution, the Congress declares that this section is intended to constitute specific statutory authorization within the meaning of section 5(b) of the War Powers Resolution.

Claims to be for states rights but sponsored a bill that would make abortion illegal on the federal level

Do you not see where I live? the preamble on American cultism is a waste of time as far as I am concerned, a waste of time for any right minded person anywhere.
I see nothing in your reply that makes him less than honest, there is nothing that he says is carefully manicured, or presumptious as in your reply to me, he always speaks from the way he sees the world, how many politicians do you see talking like that?? What no rhetoric! unheard of in politics. Living in the real world? probably more so day to day than most of us.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

I love how nobody responds to trusts comments about Ron Paul being a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Because there is a cult of personality around him. It would be the equivalent of Christians dissing Jesus... Human psychology is extremely terrifying.

What other candidate (excluding Gary Johnson) promised to end all Big Gov. Agencies (FED, Homeland security, CIA, you get the point) and what other candidate promised to bring back all the troops from the 900 military bases we have across the world?

What!?!! You mean like...politicians promise to do stuff!!! And then they don't do it!!!!!!!!! But since the libertarian cult exists all logic defies them and they buy the garbage their candidate peddles. They make excuses for his crap voting records and shady connections.

You guys are no better than "Obama-bots"....maybe even worse.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

What no rhetoric! unheard of in politics.

Um, RP peddles rhetoric from the Austrian school of economics, CATO institute, John Birch Society on and on lol. What reality do YOU live in? You know he was chairman of a Koch brothers founded think tank.....

I see nothing in your reply that makes him less than honest

Then you didn't read the post or your cult mentality is getting in the way of logic.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I know politician promises don't mean anything, and when I read my comment again I started to chuckle a bit. The thing is, we could have least given him the chance to make things better, not reelect a president who destroyed the 4th amendment.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Maybe now that he is leaving and won't be a thorn in everyone elses side, they will be free to start honoring his ideas and begin to take his lead in seeing things for what they actually are. Not everyone's reaction has to be the same to be right. If the majority of our countries leaders could see things for what they actually are, then maybe something could get done for the common good. I watched his speech, and I get the feeling that some will take head and have the balls to stand up and call it like it is. He is definitely doing his part for clearing up the fog, there is no doubt about that.

Our countries leaders are no doubt smart folks, they had to be to get where they are. If enough people like Paul tell them that they are acting like idiots when it comes to some of these issues, maybe it will make a difference. I'm a firm believer of letting an idiot know when he's being an idiot, otherwise he'll never change. It sounds like Paul's at least doing a pretty good job at that.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Am listening now.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Farewell to Congress

This may well be the last time I speak on the House Floor. At the end of the year I’ll leave Congress after 23 years in office over a 36 year period. My goals in 1976 were the same as they are today: promote peace and prosperity by a strict adherence to the principles of individual liberty.

It was my opinion, that the course the U.S. embarked on in the latter part of the 20th Century would bring us a major financial crisis and engulf us in a foreign policy that would overextend us and undermine our national security.

www.campaignforliberty.org...

More in the link.

Also, will post video soon as it's on YouTube.

It breaks me to know this man has gone so far, so close, yet fell so close to Presidency. He will be forever known as the Grandfather of the Tea Party and Truth Movement for now and forever. IMO.

edit on 14-11-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

Well...let's hope he's not remembered as the Grandfather of the TEA PARTY. Have you listened to those idiots lately?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
How can there be so few posts here? Just "listen" to this honest and truthful speech to Congress. Still listening but am just sick that there is no discussion.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
He's an UNCLE TOM!

A SELL OUT!

He SOLD OUT his people!

They paid him handsomly to step down and retire, as TPTB didn't want any political hold outs remaining in the way of setting up the NWO.

After he's done he's gonna go bunk with obama in that house obmma bought in hawaii. They're gonna be buddies. REminissing about how they sold out the american people!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It shows how good people should never get into politics unless they want to completely waste their life. The entire system is designed for the selfish and uncaring to make a career. Not to mention its also rigged.

I keep saying it. The only way to get change is to not vote at all, and stop following politics. Dont give any of those people any attention at all, because they are not there for you.

edit on 15-11-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Bye Bye.

You won't be missed.

September 18, 2001
107th CONGRESS

JOINT RESOLUTION

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

maybe you should take the time to hear what he has to say about all the things you hold against him.

quite honestly if that is all you have against them it is some pretty weak stuff and social issues that should not even be invovled in government.. which is something he states with marriage.

I was going to spend the time countering all your points but you are too brainwashed in whatever cult you belong to, to listen.

pot calling the kettle black.

RP is completely over your head. I do not agree with him but we would be better off with him at the helm. You fear him yet you seem okay with the wackos in office now. O_o
edit on 15-11-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join