It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RON PAUL's Farewell Address To Congress :-(

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Bye Bye.

You won't be missed.

Will all the Dollar Signs in your signature, I assume you're a standard cut and paste Republican. So I understand you will not miss Ron Paul.

Nah, I'm actually a leftist. Ron Paul is the creepy republican fraud.

And the dollar signs in my signature are far from praising money, read the text that goes with it.

edit on 14-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

I do not want to insult your intelligence but are you not awake in this world?
You would know Ron speaks about what is really going on. Real problems. Not the fake baloney. .

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Claims to be a constitutionalists but is against the post office
Claims to be free market but requests ear marks
Claims to be for states rights but sponsored a bill that would make abortion illegal on the federal level
Claims to be a libertarian but is against gay marriage because of his religion
Says the term "honest rape"

The Post Office is in the Constitution so in order for Paul to have abolished it he would have needed an amendment. That being said, the Post Office is on the brink of bankruptcy and will likely
(if it hasn't been already), scooped up by DHS and will then return to Government funding again. I'm pretty sure Paul sees the issue in having to bail them out and then the DHS thing gets pretty spooky.

Earmarking is completely ethical. It is a state requesting funds for projects. We pay taxes and should have some recourse in recovering that tax money. I see no issue here aside from earmarks being a catch phrase that the media has turned into a bad word.

The "make abortion illegal" bill was actually not that at all. It was however aimed at removing Government funding from abortion practices. So, not the same thing.

His stance on gay marriage is a PERSONAL one and has explained numerous times that people should be free to make their own associations and call it whatever they want. He may not like the idea of the Gay lifestyle but knows under the principals of Liberty the Government has no role in this issue.

And on the last one you are lumping him in with the fundamentalists. You need to revisit the interview in which he used that term.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

The key word is consistency. I think you're the one not seeing someone for who he is. If he was part of the foany baloney cult you speak of then he would be as well known as the rest of the crooks. He was blatantly oppressed in his campaigns because of his agenda. I had only recently heard of him and it wasn't because of mainstream media. He has definitely been well hidden.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

He retired because he had given up hope after multiple decades of not being heard by America. He had enough of being ignored even though he wanted to help and make things better. He knew the powers that be would not let him successfully carry out what he wanted and realised if he couldn't do anything to put an end to the removal of the limited freedom we already have then who could?

It's funny how some of you are so sure of yourselves that any decent, honest politician is a crook and part of some cult that has been made up to be able to categorize these people

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Nah, I'm actually a leftist. Ron Paul is the creepy republican fraud.

And the dollar signs in my signature are far from praising money, read the text that goes with it.

You do know that in a truly FREE society you and your lefty friends can exercise your lefty ideas freely with-in the confines of your own commune. Seriously. Freedom is like that. You can tax each other and tell each other how to live, what to eat, who they can associate with. Sound good?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Good God Almighty!! One of the best things I've ever read or seen, ever.

How can anyone: black/white, democrat/republican, rich/poor, religious/atheist, NOT see that this man had the answer? How can you NOT agree that we need more people like him, and we need to take action??

Am I insane or deluded?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

This is indeed sad news
But do you blame him? I would get out before TSHTF durring the US collapse.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Hah... I love the top comment on that video:

Smart people seem like crazy people to stupid people.

Now that's a quote for the ages.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
one hour video!!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I just can't understand people not believing in or even acknowledging the principle of personal dominion and accepting the non aggression principle.

"smart people seem like crazy people to stupid people" Youtuber via ats.

[quote above sums it up]

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

edit on 15-11-2012 by smurfy because: Double post.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi911

It shows how good people should never get into politics unless they want to completely waste their life. The entire system is designed for the selfish and uncaring to make a career. Not to mention its also rigged.

I keep saying it. The only way to get change is to not vote at all, and stop following politics. Dont give any of those people any attention at all, because they are not there for you.

edit on 15-11-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

Too true in the first paragraph, second paragraph I'm not so sure, you really do need to pay attention in the state, or Federal. Here's one example,

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join