It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want to see your ego? You're all idiots, pathetic, useless, scumbags, waste of humans

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The ego is one of the greatest tools of control others can use to manipulate the individual.
It makes a great servant but a terrible master.
Master your ego as a tool and you are on the road to mastering your destiny.
True story.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Are you aware of the Ego's anger over this thread? If so, then the point of the thread has been made. If not, then the point still stands and shows that some are aware and others are not

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980
Professing a path to mastery over the human ego is a form of prideful egotism in itself.

In my opinion, many of the philosophies that embrace ascension above the bounds of humanity are a pointless attempt to detach from one's own humanity. It stems from an inherent, unconscious dislike of the weaknesses of humanity and therefore, an inbred dislike of oneself.

If one feels that certain inherent aspects of humanity are distasteful, unsightly and macabre, one need only adopt a philosophy where he/she is one of the special individuals that is able to "rise above" the other human riff-raff. This satisfies the need to be distant from that which is ugly within the self, and soothes the unavoidably voracious ego with an illusion of enlightenment.

This line of thought, to me, is a meaningless mentally masturbatory exercise.

Hmmm... I don't agree. It's not that enlightened people feel that they are special and have the ability to rise above; they have merely stopped placing value judgments. In other words, things, situations, circumstances are neither right nor wrong, they simply just are.
The need for detachment is realized when one understands that in order to achieve a higher state of consciousness, one must relinquish all ties to the physical world.

As for the comment regarding mental masturbation, one could easily say that you are guilty of such an exercise as well.

I suppose you don't know much about mind control. For the "handlers" a detached individual is certainly not a "higher state of consciousness" but the key to creating multiple personality disorder.
When someone does not know the difference between right and wrong they feel no guilt when they do what's WRONG, sociopaths anyone?
Someone who wants to "relinquish all ties to the physical world", sounds like the perfect candidate for demonic possession.
IMO this thread is the breeding grounds for questionable behavior.
It's Pinocchio leading the Muppets.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Dude I also have read Eckhart Tolle and I missed no point champ, he is stroking his own ego by posting this
Furthermore your self righteousness is stroking yours. So stroke away buddy, be careful they say you can go blind.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

When the ego becomes lessened love becomes stronger. So concepts of right and wrong become less necessary the more love you feel for your neighbor. But your right the person who gives up the concepts without genuinely feeling love for everyone becomes sociopathic. The scariest type is the person who says i dont kill people or rob people or rape people etc. because it says not to on the list of rules. Thats a dangerous person. But a person who is filled with love for all living things doesnt need any rule book. they wont do any harm to you because they genuinely love you. But as long as the ego is running the show there cant be that kind of love. So i think thats the kind of thing some people refer to when they talk about rising above concepts of right and wrong- the concepts become unnecessary.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
reply to post by Screwed

Dude I also have read Eckhart Tolle and I missed no point champ,

Umm, hey "dude" I have no idea what you are talking about. When did I ever accuse YOU of missing ANYTHING?

Here is what I DID say, as opposed to what your ego forced you to hear because of your own insecurities.

ahemm,

Truely amazing how many PEOPLE have TOTALLY missed the point of the thread but then, maybe THAT was the point of the thread

Here is what YOU heard.

Truely amazing how "kudegras" has TOTALLY missed the point of the thread but then, maybe THAT was the point of the thread

Funny thing, that ego.
It gets the best of us, don't worry champ.

he is stroking his own ego by posting this
Furthermore your self righteousness is stroking yours. So stroke away buddy, be careful they say you can go blind.

Sounds like you've got me pegged.
Thanks for your input and continuing to prove the point of the thread.
Please keep contributing.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
We seek to promote discussion and debate in a civilized environment where decorum rules the day

what a #ing JOKE ..

This response is just priceless.
In a thread about egos no less.
You people HAVE GOT to realize that you are proving the entire point behind the thread don't you?
I mean, these types of responses are exactly what we are discussing.

You are totally out of control and your responses are off topic as well as rude and inflammatory and just plain old bad manners. This is why the mods deleted them.
I have been guilty of this many times in the past, it isn't the end of the world.
It might do you good to LEARN from it though.

In your world, I am sensing that everything that happens to you is everyone elses fault and at no point do you ever stop to reflect on what role YOU played in the things that "happened to you".

I could be wrong but I don't think I am too far off base if your posts are any indication of your day to day life.

You seem VERY angry.
Just what in gods name is your problem?
Everything alright at home?

edit on 15-11-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Nice job, Dominicus~

Or you could have just done what The New Age has been doing and tell people how AWESOME they are, and when they react feeling "great" and "better than others" , then that would also be EGO acting...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

My reaction was: don't care.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by emeris
reply to post by Bluesma

Your little toe is a part of the body but what is the "Me" your referring to?

Everyone uses different words for that- the soul, the Higher self, the source, that great logos!

Also you must know that your little toe is temporary and someday wont exist right? All im saying is look within and find that which remains when all that doesnt remain is gone.

It is not because my little toe is temporary ( a specific spot in time and space) that my mind will deny it, call it "bad" and to be ignored when it gets banged and hurt, or is giving me feedback about the state of the surface I walk upon!

Likewise between my highest self and my physcial body - it is the vehicle which allow this I to experience in a particular reality; it has integrated systems for manouvering within it and it sends me messages about it's movements and environments.

If someone says that you look fat what theyre really saying is your body looks fat. Now if your not identified with the body you simply look in the mirror and say "Is there any truth in what he said is this body overweight and if its true then you feel very grateful to the person for pointing it out, and if its not true you just shrug it off and say the person was mistaken. Theres no anger no embarrassment but there could be gratitude, there could be appreciation for the persons honesty. So theres no negative reaction. thats all im saying. We should welcome criticism and compliments and give them real consideration but ULTIMATELY your not your body or mind/personality so why feel bad?

The reason for the negative reaction, (if there is one) is because the comment is understood to be an expression of being rejected by that person.

It is the same as when a wolf gets reprimanded by another wolf for a behavior- it understands that that behavior is not allowed in this group and he might get kicked out if he does it again. The growl of the other wolf, sets off certain chemical reactions in the body which say "negative" .

If you live in a culture that does not value excess body fat, and someone tells you you have it, that is a warning- you risk being exiled from the pack and from their benefits and protection.
Loss in survival potential points.....

If they tell you a compliment, they are re-enforcing your bonds in the pack, ensuring their protection, and maybe even gaining you higher food and reproductive privelages!
You just got extra survival points!
edit on 16-11-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
If I did not have an ego I would not be here tonight
If I did not have an ego I might not think that I was right
If you did not have an ego you might not care the way you dressed
If you did not have an ego you'd just be like the rest

Ego is not a dirty word
Ego is not a dirty word
Ego is not a dirty word
Don't you believe what you've seen or heard

If Jesus had an ego he'd still be alive today
And if Nixon had no ego he might not be in decay
If you did not have an ego you might not care too much who won
If I did not have an ego I might just use a gun

Ego is not a dirty word
Ego is not a dirty word
Ego is not a dirty word

Some people keep their egos in a bottom drawer
A fridge full of Leonard Cohen
Have to get drunk just to walk out the door
Stay drunk to keep on goin'
So if you got an ego
You better keep it in good shape
Exercise it daily
And get it down on tape

Ego is not a dirty word
Ego is not a dirty word
Ego is not a dirty word

Ego is not a dirty word
Ego is not a dirty word
Ego is not a dirty word

Ego is not a dirty word
Ego is not a dirty word
Ego is not a dirty word

Ego

Lyrics by Skyhooks
edit on 16-11-2012 by Arielmoon because: Lyrics by Skyhooks (Aussie band)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
For anyone that is interested in this subject I highly recommend listening to a guy called Mooji, just search on youtube. Also have a listen to Tony Parsons. These 2 have different ways of pointing to the same thing.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The world is full of wonderful things. They must be shared.
The ego is intrinsic to what we are as human beings.
Limbo

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

Professing a path to mastery over the human ego is a form of prideful egotism in itself.

In my opinion, many of the philosophies that embrace ascension above the bounds of humanity are a pointless attempt to detach from one's own humanity. It stems from an inherent, unconscious dislike of the weaknesses of humanity and therefore, an inbred dislike of oneself.

If one feels that certain inherent aspects of humanity are distasteful, unsightly and macabre, one need only adopt a philosophy where he/she is one of the special individuals that is able to "rise above" the other human riff-raff. This satisfies the need to be distant from that which is ugly within the self, and soothes the unavoidably voracious ego with an illusion of enlightenment.

Hmmm... I don't agree. It's not that enlightened people feel that they are special and have the ability to rise above; they have merely stopped placing value judgments. In other words, things, situations, circumstances are neither right nor wrong, they simply just are.
The need for detachment is realized when one understands that in order to achieve a higher state of consciousness, one must relinquish all ties to the physical world.

As for the comment regarding mental masturbation, one could easily say that you are guilty of such an exercise as well.

I suppose you don't know much about mind control. For the "handlers" a detached individual is certainly not a "higher state of consciousness" but the key to creating multiple personality disorder.
When someone does not know the difference between right and wrong they feel no guilt when they do what's WRONG, sociopaths anyone?
Someone who wants to "relinquish all ties to the physical world", sounds like the perfect candidate for demonic possession.

Sociopaths have no conscience... but do understand that certain behaviours are unacceptable... they just don't care

Mind control handlers strip away a person's ego in order to replace it with an alternate ego.

I know the concepts of enlightenment are difficult to understand..

I'll explain further...

Detachment:

In detachment lies the wisdom of uncertainty . . . in the wisdom of uncertainty lies the freedom from our past, from the known, which is the prison of past conditioning. And in our willingness to step into the unknown, the field of all possibilities, we surrender ourselves to the creative mind that orchestrates the dance of the universe.

~ Deepak Chopra

What is meant by detachment is the ability allow things to be as they are without trying to impose rigid ideas of how things should be.

At the highest level of spiritual awareness is the knowledge that everything is always unfolding perfectly. It's a form surrender, not defeat or weakness, it is the most powerful spiritual action, offering you infinite freedom and possibilities.

Unfortunately it's difficult to explain to those who are closed off to the learning and unwilling to accept.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Detachment:

In detachment lies the wisdom of uncertainty . . . in the wisdom of uncertainty lies the freedom from our past, from the known, which is the prison of past conditioning. And in our willingness to step into the unknown, the field of all possibilities, we surrender ourselves to the creative mind that orchestrates the dance of the universe.

~ Deepak Chopra

What is meant by detachment is the ability allow things to be as they are without trying to impose rigid ideas of how things should be.

At the highest level of spiritual awareness is the knowledge that everything is always unfolding perfectly. It's a form surrender, not defeat or weakness, it is the most powerful spiritual action, offering you infinite freedom and possibilities.

Unfortunately it's difficult to explain to those who are closed off to the learning and unwilling to accept.

Excellent post my ats friend.
Very excellent post.
Spot on.
Easier said than done but always worth the effort.

It is just so much easier to try annd impose our will not just on eachother but, the universe as whole.
Very insightful wisdom in that post.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Detachment:

~ Deepak Chopra

Excellent post my ats friend.
Very excellent post.
Spot on.
Easier said than done but always worth the effort.

It is just so much easier to try annd impose our will not just on eachother but, the universe as whole.
Very insightful wisdom in that post.

Thank you Sir... I'm still learning and as you said, it's much easier said than done. I've found that I'm much less stressed and angry since I began applying the principle of detachment...
edit on 16-11-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

Sociopaths have no conscience... but do understand that certain behaviours are unacceptable... they just don't care

Mind control handlers strip away a person's ego in order to replace it with an alternate ego.

I know the concepts of enlightenment are difficult to understand..

I'll explain further...

Detachment:

~ Deepak Chopra

You must realize by now that one little paragraph by an obscure writer isn't going to undo everything else I've read, don't you?
I am of the opinion that there is a spiritual battle, thus this forum. I believe there is a battle of perspective, thus the phrase, "Deny Ignorance". And I believe that there is a physical battle, and that all three are connected and affect one another conversely. Ultimately the choices we make determine our outcome, and those choices are not always easy ones.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

I think you're operating from a false assumption.... you believe I seek to convince you of something but that's just not accurate.

I've always found the ATS motto to be an oxymoron....

Deny:
de·ny/diˈnī/Verb: 1.Refuse to admit the truth or existence of (something).
2.Refuse to give (something requested or desired) to (someone).

Ignorance:
ig·no·rance/ˈignərəns/Noun: Lack of knowledge or information: "he acted in ignorance of basic procedures".

edit on 16-11-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

I've noticed in life that whenever someone holds a truth or discovers a truth there seems to be a natural assumption that you MUST be trying to get me to believe it too.

The idea that "I" have discovered a truth and have no interest in convincing YOU of anything is unheard of.

I will always SHARE my discovery.....ONCE!
If you come back at me with all of the reasons why my discovery is false and born of the Devil and Blasphemous, and every other kind of crap people spew out whenever presented with a world view which clashes with their own, then I am done immediately.

I will never get into the back and forth clash of the egos with someone.
One thing I have discovered (speaking of discoveries and truths) is that once someone has made up their mind not to believe something, NOTHING you can do or say and NO amount of evidence is going to change their mind.

If all of this talk about taming the ego is against "gods will" and is inviting demons to posess us then that gives me a pretty good understanding as to where that person is spiritually and It is NOT MY JOB to upset their worldview and rock the foundations of their beliefs to thier core nor would it be possible for me to do so anyway.

People believe what they NEED to believe and it is not my job to change what someone needs to believe nor is it possible.

So, you go your way, and I'll go mine.
Simple enough to me, but, to some people it isn't that easy.
YOU MUST believe what I believe and more importantly STOP believing what YOU believe because, the fact that you so stubbornly continue to believe something that is so contrary to what I believe is threatening my sense of self and what i think I know and a direct challenge to my.......EGO!

gotta love it.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join