It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want to see your ego? You're all idiots, pathetic, useless, scumbags, waste of humans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
You're an [SNIP]. Be aware of the minds reaction.

You're an Idiot. Be aware of the minds reaction.

You're pathetic, useless, scumbags, waste of humans. Be aware of the minds reaction.

All those reactions are of the Ego. It is the Ego at play. Usually you are not aware of the Ego and are wrapped up in the self defense mechanisms and reactions to things. Being Aware of the Ego's reactions is one of the first steps to Wisdom.

On the Flip side we can take all the Positives too. You're hot, intelligent, the greatest ATS poster there is, a beacon of mankind, the greatest thing since sliced bread. Now be Aware of all of the Ego's reactions.

An eye see's everything but itself. Anything that an Eye see's, is not the eye.

So too, Awareness can be, and should be aware of everything, including itself. Anything that Awareness is aware of, is not Awareness.

This is the beginning of wisdom, of ego death, of Enlightenment.

Do a self inventory on yourself, and notice how you've gone most of your life wrapped up in the Ego, instead of Aware of it and having mastery over it.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed censor circumvention

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

My thought was that you were looking to vent. But yes, patience is key.
edit on 14-11-2012 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I am aware of all of the above, I embrace these characteristics, why do you feel the need to call me out on a public forum tho?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Indeed my friend. The ego, for awhile I didn't know what the ego was all about. Then I did some research.

And realized my ego is my worst enemy. And I'm learning ways to control it.

edit on 14-11-2012 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The problem is that we have to compensate for a world that tries to keep us oppressed. Then it uses those nice gooey emotions to control how we behave. That way, when positivity is rationed, we beg like dogs for a ray of sunshine, because the rest of life is rain and hail.

You want us to focus less on our ego? Then take out the wolves who keep profiting from our egos. That will give us a reason to be less defensive and less protective of the stuff we care about. Because even if you don't mean those insults in your OP...

THEY sure as hell do.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
as my old wing chun/tae kwon do teacher had told me... one spec of dust called another spec of dust an @sshole... so what?

it always soothes me to think about it.

although my current brazilian jiu jitsu teacher tells me to triangle choke them but.. anyway...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

My thought was that you were looking to vent. But yes, patience is key.

Sometimes, a nerve has to be struck to get a deep rooted response that allows one to be Aware of just how deep the Ego goes.

Originally posted by MadQuacker
I am aware of all of the above, I embrace these characteristics, why do you feel the need to call me out on a public forum tho?

"I embrace these characteristics" is just the ego embracing.... as well as the feeling of being "called out on a public forum." All ego reactions..... the Question is, .......Is Awareness aware of these?

Originally posted by natalia

Indeed my friend. The ego, for awhile I didn't know what the ego was all about. Then I did some research.

And realized my ego is my worst enemy. And I'm learning ways to control it.

edit on 14-11-2012 by natalia because: (no reason given)

"My ego i my worst enemy" is a claim of the Ego ....as well as "learning ways to control it," is the Ego learning ways to control itself. It's a tricky little thing.

But the way out is easy... ANything that Awareness is Aware of, is not the Ego, and eventually falls away. Awareness is not the Ego.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

All those reactions are of the Ego. It is the Ego at play. Usually you are not aware of the Ego and are wrapped up in the self defense mechanisms and reactions to things. Being Aware of the Ego's reactions is one of the first steps to Wisdom.

Everybody has one, an ego that is. Most people are too busy to understand this in today's world.

For those that know how this works, it can really be to your advantage, because most people are asleep to the fact. I am guilty of being aware of this, and am a lot of the time, and ego stroker.

I fully admit to knowing how this works, and it's gotten me a lot of places in life that I might never have been able to get to without understanding how the ego works.

Quite often, it's waaaayyyyy too easy!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
As I like to say, we are all a speckle of consciousness in a sac of goo. For me this is humbling

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
ok

Neither of those sentences/words affected any feeling in particular in my body.... My ego does throw temper tantrums every now and again mostly it lies on the floor kicking an screaming..... I want I want I want.... It's quite amusing observing it. The biggest hurdle is overcoming the pains of people around me. Maybe my ego is projecting to get more attention - it's a hard one to overcome. Ego is a tricky manipulator looking for ways to engage us into action even when no action is needed. The hardest part is discerning when action is and is not relevant, especially when it comes to the heart.

Still working on allowing and letting be as supposed to controlling and containing which eventually only leads to pressure and overload. Allowing and loving self without letting ego engage is especially tricky.

love and balance

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Great post SnF!!

Completely agree with everything you said. The EGO is a primal driver, it turns almost everything into a life or death thought perception and those unaware of this act in the according knee jerk fashion.

Think of the EGO as an organ in the body...It's job is to keep you alive and it does this by turning damn near everything into a threat...some call this paranoia...some people have hyperactive Ego's....

Criticism from the perspective of your ego is a threat to your existence...(yes mountains out of mole-hills) or rather a threat to ITS existence.

Compliments from the ego's perspective cements its validity and there for compliments provide a sense of security of existence.

Once you analyze and reflect on how you feel and act towards things you are passionate about you will start to see how incredibly influential the Ego is, the damn thing is involved in every decision, every opinion, every belief, and every thought ...being aware of and acknowledging the ego brings your consciousness back into the picture.

I still struggle at times trying to identify if I'm having an Ego thought, or feeling, belief etc....I find that one way of avoid letting the Ego make decisions for you is to make choices/thoughts/beliefs out of passion rather than FEAR...

unfortunately sometime those two things; passion and fear, can get mixed up...Some people say they are passionate about the security of our countries future but glaze over the fact they have to first be AFRAID for the security of the future to have that passion in the first place...

Ridding yourself of the ego is not a good idea either...what you want to do is find a compromise acknowledge its existence and its purpose and let it weigh in on decisions from time to time but ultimately making conscious decisions rather than knee jerk fear based decisions.

anyway I blabled on...Great post!!!

edit on 14-11-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
as my old wing chun/tae kwon do teacher had told me... one spec of dust called another spec of dust an @sshole... so what?

it always soothes me to think about it.

although my current brazilian jiu jitsu teacher tells me to triangle choke them but.. anyway...

i just wanted to chime in here and let you know one thing pal...

you're avatar cracks me up

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
good thread OP and one subject i'm always thinking about. i feel that ego is a learned and nurtured and not something we are born with, so it can be unlearned if you will. from a very young age, 1-2 years old perhaps, we learned our very first ego enforcing trait, cry and get rewarded for it. we cry when we're hungry and prior to around one year old it was built in to help babies communicate the need for nutrition, after that point it is unnecessary. but we continue on that path because it is reinforced by our parents.

parents, that from a very young age, begin to teach their young ones that they need not cry to get food when hungry, will make the first steps at not nurturing the ego. from that point on society has set in motion the nurturing of the ego and teaching us that this is how we're supposed to live.

you get upset and someone will give you what you want, you get sad when someone insults you and you react by getting upset, hoping someone will give you what you want. varying degrees of ego will be found in people from this very beginning way of life. your siblings pick on you and you get upset and tell mom or dad and hopefully you get what you want, when in reality if you learned to react differently you could have gotten what you wanted by ignoring the insult altogether. you pick on your siblings hoping to get what you want also, maybe the last cookie, or just stroking your own ego to make yourself feel bigger and or better.

i have learned over the years that since i have been taught these traits from an early age, it's up to me to re teach myself that life is truly better without the ego. i must maintain a vigil throughout my life to accomplish this task, since the ego i developed early on seem impossible to totally get rid of, at least to me.

that's my take on the ego anyway, take it for what you will.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Yes, I am, and I struggle with how to shed that skin every minute of every day.

It is eating me alive.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The ego, I used to think it was who I was, it was what made up personality and drive for success, but it was just a un-natural construct, a program, a virus if you will. it Iikes to still try jump the fence, I should have it put down really.

The thing is, as the ego shrinks, others "appear" to get bigger, though I'm sure that's a perseptional thing.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
You're all A**holes, idiots, pathetic, useless, scumbags, waste of humans

I agree.... and in every sense, those things are true.

...but at the same time we're all wonderful, brilliant, helpful, considerate, loving and kind.

The paradox of the human condition....

My understanding is that in order to attain enlightenment one must abandon ego or be striped of it.

...I've always said that the most spiritual experience you will ever have comes from the simple act of letting go.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

Yes, I am, and I struggle with how to shed that skin every minute of every day. It is eating me alive.

The part of you that is Aware of it ...is this real you.

The whole "I struggle with how to shed that skin" ...and "it is eating me alive" ...is also Ego ...

The part of you that is Aware of it ...is the real you .....Awareness itself is pristine, crystal clear, without ego.... Find this Awareness, Be Aware of Awareness itself, and you will have established a state Beyond and prior to all Ego

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I am in full acceptance of myself.
I was ingrained with a perfect sense of me, there is no ego, subconscious, there is only me. And me, is whatever I am required to be.

I am just one.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Kill your ego. See how far it will get you. Without it, one is without a soul. Besides, how does one kill a part of himself without affecting the whole?

Why not use the ego? It is indeed a part of us and completely unique to whomever it belongs.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It's about time someone figured it out!

But they aren't a waste if they are exactly how they are suppose to be.

Denver UFO

Ribbit

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join