It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas says now in 'open war' with Israel, promises 'gates of hell'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Exactly! They keep provoking the bear, but cry foul when it mauls them. I just don't get it. They know they are severely outmatched, yet, they continue to antagonize. Complete ignorance. Regardless, of whether Israel is right or wrong, why would you force their hand knowing that when they retaliate it will result in the deaths of your innocents. In my opinion, Hamas has the blood on their hands. It is horrible anytime children are hurt. Unfortunately, terrorists are like cockroaches. So go ahead Hamas, continue to hopelessly slingshot your "rockets" into Israel, but don't complain when they respond by slaughtering your people in an effort to nail you.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noncents
reply to post by macman

If you take the time to read over some of the feeds or look at some of the pictures coming from the area then you will notice, quickly, that they are attacking homes. Houses, not attack platforms. From everything I've seen, this really does look like they are attacking indiscriminately and that must be stopped. I don't care who you are or what country you come from.

Unfortunately, Hamas is using some houses as attack platforms as well. You have no idea what kind of enemy Israel is dealing with.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Majid Freeman ‏@Majstar7
BREAKING: Israeli airforce are dropping leaflets in North Gaza saying they're going to start a land invasion very soon

This has just been tweeted

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
UN Security Council to hold emergency meeting this evening after receiving letter from Egypt.
Sounding quite serious

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Not surprising.

Since Hamas is a creation of the Muslim Brotherhood - who now rules in Egypt - it is likely that this instigation of Hamas is being coordinated with the Egyptians.

There's no basis however in Egypt, Iran or Syria getting involved.

Hamas has shot 786 rockets, i.e. heavy mortars, qassams, grads and upgraded grads at Israels southern towns and cities. What do you expect them to do??

This is a carefully designed provocation of Hamas to drag Israel into conflict with them. And since the air strikes aren't dissuading them from pursuing a clearly counter-productive course, Israel will have to carry out a ground raid. And perhaps occupy Gaza for as long as necessary to bring an end to these invidious and unprovoked rocket attacks against their civilians.

I think this is showing the impossibility of a two state solution, so long as Hamas remains an ally of the Palestinian Authority. Also, since the PA plans on attaining 'non-member status' as an observer in the UN, this current crisis involving a member of the PLO should exemplify how radical and insincere their intentions are.

In any case, I'm in full support of an Israeli ground campaign in Gaza, as this will be the only method to bring an end to the barrage of missiles.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever
Bare in mind though, it was Hamas that initiated the violence, yet again. The IDF cannot just sit back and allow the missiles to continue to rain down on their cities. They are targeting specific sites which are unfortunately hidden in or within close proximity of public buildings and in some cases, civilian areas. It's a no win situation for the IDF.

So the IRA bombing the UK for decades would justify the RAF bombing Irish civilians?

Not many nations think the way Israel does. But then again, if Israel actually had any intention of a diplomatic solution they wouldn't have walked away from the table, and continued stealing land from the Palestinians.

If Israel wanted to stop this, they could. They could hand over the land they have stolen from another people, they could lift the blockade on the people of Gaza, they could sit down at a table and actually have some dialogue. But they won't, and why? Because they are determined that they will wipe out the Palestinian people and claim their land for themselves. There is no other explanation for it.

Israel has tried using the diplomatic approach in the past, and it backfired. Israel forcefully removed thousands of their own citizens from occupied territory a few years ago to extend the olive branch for peace, and Hamas used the land to fire missiles on Israeli civilians from closer range.

You have no idea what the extent of the animosity towards Israel is in the region. It's not about borders. Hamas, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad and other Iranian proxy terrorist groups will not stop until Israel ceases to exist within any recognized borders at all. Don't you get it?

You have it backwards. It is the terrorist regimes that continously antagonize and provoke Israel who are determined to wipe out the Israeli people.

edit on 14-11-2012 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

What I am saying is people need to give up their whine about Isreal and the US.

Because they are no worse than any other country out there. and seriously people also need to stop using the word false flag they have never gotten it right yet.

Then add the fact the middle east has been killing themselves for over 2000 years so if people want to act like bigots and the necons and tell Isreal what they should be doing.

They are free to.

But let's make one thing perfectly clear here not every one buys the dogma and straight up BS and when people say Isreal was behind 9-11 expect to be called out on it.

Then the topic is about Hamas declaring war on Isreal but seems some people want to make it about what others are doing and ignore what those who are the topic, and who fund them,who supply them do.

Carry on .
edit on 14-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Israel should just announce all out war on Hamas and be done with it and tell them they will never exist after this invasion again to ruin Palestine.
It will be awful but then after that try to build relationships with good loving peaceful muslims.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Israel ready to widen Gaza operations, says Netanyahu - BBC News: BBC NewsIsrael ready to widen Gaza
I think this might be the prelude to an attack on Iran. Just feels like that to me.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanObserver

[snip]

Israel PROPPED UP Hamas against Arafat's PLO. They didn't "create" it.

There is a difference between the two. Creating something means supplying it not just with physical means, but also with ideology. If you imagine that Israel created Hamas, then you might as well argue that they created the Muslim Brotherhood, but since saying so would be completely delusional, the argument falls apart.

It was a mistake, in hindsight (which is 20/20) to support Hamas, as Hamas is much more radical than Arafat ever was. But they didn't create it; nor did the CIA create Al Qaida, or the British the Muslim brotherhood. These organizations are the brain children of Islamist ideology, rooted in Salafist and Wahabi Sunni Islam, and in the political writings of Hassan Al Bannah and Sayd Qutb.

The Muslim Brotherhood created Hamas, as any sane person with the power to analyze can see.
edit on 14-11-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/11/12 by masqua because: Removed personal attack

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Israel ready to widen Gaza operations, says Netanyahu - BBC News: BBC NewsIsrael ready to widen Gaza
I think this might be the prelude to an attack on Iran. Just feels like that to me.

Probably man..Gonna wanna have more control and not let Hamas have any upper hand if a war with Iran happens.Also are gonna be concerned with what happens with Egypt and Syria.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanObserver
reply to post by macman

Also that it is common place in the ME for the cowards to place offensive strike platforms, like rockets/missiles next to and within range of civilians. So when those platforms are taken out, they claim the innocent were harmed. And in attempt to try to stop those sites from being taken out.

Well look at what weapons Israel has at her disposal, and what Hamas has to fight with, hardly call it a fair fight.

Well it's not really a fight, when Hamas can only throw a few missiles over the boarder, and Israel patrols with state of the art fighter jets and drones and a navy armed to the teeth.

It's hard to have much sympathy for Israel in these circumstances, plus with the added safe net of American support in case it all backfires on Israel, although saying that Obama seems to be making a point of avoiding any comments on this matter...

edit on 14-11-2012 by HumanObserver because: (no reason given)

So because Israel is better equipped to defend it's citizens, it should just sit back and let Hamas and Hezbollah continuously try to murder it's people?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by Swills

Exactly! They keep provoking the bear, but cry foul when it mauls them. I just don't get it. They know they are severely outmatched, yet, they continue to antagonize. Complete ignorance.

It's not ignorance, they just don't have any other choice. Imagine living in a big concentration camp cut off from the rest of the world. I'm pretty sure you would be blowing stuff up yourself. I'm not defending Hamas or their actions, but you cant expect Palestinians to be peaceful after all the unjust that has been done to them.
edit on 14-11-2012 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

WOW whats with the name calling, i merely posted a speech from Senator Ron Paul, from 2009.

Edit:You removed it thank you, lets keep this civil.

edit on 14-11-2012 by HumanObserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Who in the world thinks a father or mother who has a palestine child growing up in palestine only to teach them they should commit suicide and blow up other innocent jews,christians,hindus,muslims or whatever belief they are is correct thinking and is reasonable.

So you're telling me that the thousands of children of Gaza have all been blowing themselves up for decades? Tell me oh wise one, how is there still a population there if everyone is a bomber, a terrorist, planning to blow themselves up to kill others?

This is ludicrous in the extreme. You suggest that they are all terrorists, but that is clearly not the case. So which is it? Are they all terrorists, or are you talking out of the wrong orifice - again.

It is a well known fact that Palestinian children are indoctrinated with hatred for Jews from the time they're born. If you don't believe me, watch some Palestinian produced children's cartoons on youtube and educate yourself about the underlying pathology that fuels the fire in the region.

edit on 14-11-2012 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanObserver

WOW whats with the name calling attack, i merely posted a speech from Dr Ron Paul, from 2009.

LOL this subject gets me rattled.Ron Paul is somewhat right.But it is what it is and Israel has to stop these madmen.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Who created salafis/wahabis?

Straight from the horses mouth:

Confessions of a British Spy

It's a known fact is that Ibn Saud (Founder of Saudi Arabia) and Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab an-Najdi received money and aid from the British to weaken the Caliphate (The ottoman empire). It is recorded in The National Archives of the United Kingdom, Treasury Board: Letters and Papers, 1557-1920.

Hence why you will never see Saudi get attacked where these extremist ideologies and funding comes from.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The whole Palestinian/Israeli conflict can be understood in a simple statement.

What would you do if you gave a beggar a place to live in your house and the beggar suddenly one day decides to kill your family and kick you out of your own house?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanObserver

I'm annoyed with this false idea that "Israel CREATED Hamas". That isn't true, yet you're saying it, Ron Paul's spreading that notion, even though it's completely false.

Hamas already existed. It was established by members of the Muslim Brotherhood, based on Islamist ideology. It was created already by the time Israel turned to it to help neutralize Arafat's PLO during the first intifada.

It was a gambit that didn't work out. They thought that by 'dividing' the palestinians between the secular PLO and the religious Hamas, that Israel would be more able to control them; but, it turns out, Jew hatred outweighs their ideological hatred of secular Arabs.

Sorry for the ignoramus comment. It just get's frustrating dealing with all the disinformation about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, mostly in presenting Israel as the aggressor.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join