It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New petition on Whitehouse.gov: Strip the Citizenship from Everyone who Signed a Petition to Secede

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
I signed the petition for NJ.

Well if you guys see me disapear... check the FEMA camps in NJ for me.

Thanks!

Also for those who don't know me. I did not vote for Obamney. I am supporting this to send a message to Washington. For those who think its about being a sore loser - you're flat out wrong & ignorant!

This is about the irresponsible FEDERAL GOVERNMENT not the POTUS!

jeez some of you guys who are supporting the exile petition are dense as hell! You guys should go take a long walk down a short pier.

You signed a document that basically says you wish for the destruction and disintegration of the United States.

But please by all means continue to call yourself a patriot while you pat yourself on the back.
edit on 11/13/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

I signed the petition for NJ.

Well if you guys see me disapear... check the FEMA camps in NJ for me.

Thanks!

Also for those who don't know me. I did not vote for Obamney. I am supporting this to send a message to Washington. For those who think its about being a sore loser - you're flat out wrong & ignorant!

This is about the irresponsible FEDERAL GOVERNMENT not the POTUS!

jeez some of you guys who are supporting the exile petition are dense as hell! You guys should go take a long walk down a short pier.

You signed a document that basically says you wish for the destruction and disintegration of the United States.

Continue calling yourself a patriot while you pat yourself on the back.

Is the federal government working hard and passing legislation that is helping to make every single American's lives better?

The federal government can't even balance a checkbook, yet people put all their faith in them to protect us against all the people in the world who actually might want to cause us harm.

Signing a document like those is nothing more than signing a pink slip telling your elected officials their services are no longer required.

Except we can't even do that as they are given their positions by the President without a single citizen's consent.
edit on 14-11-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I'm doing my part to send a message. 25,000 people isn't enough to secede... it would take more than that to get this done. this is to just get the message to the white house. a MESSAGE. Simple.

Petitions have been made similar to the ones requesting secession.

I think you're taking this thing too seriously.

go take a nap.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Don't let the hypocrisy of people surprise you. It's just how it is. The government has overstepped its bounds, it's happened slowly increasing speed, but now it's moving much faster. No one remembers or even realizes that it's the states that made the country, not the country that made the states. States self-governing is infringed on and is always being chipped away.

The federal government is too much of a money making machine and drunk on power to allow serious changes to how this country is run, or how the political system works. That's why it's so important to elect someone like Ron Paul who would reign in the government and give power back to states.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I like that, let's see these fake secessionists put their money where their mouth is

I'm sure there are many right wing paradises where these nuts can go live! Where there are no social safety nets, no health care and where they can get into daily gunfights

There are many immigrants waiting to be part of this great union, we won't miss these crybabies
So you're not even admitting there is a problem? Wow you're way gone. Maybe you need to get out.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Maskander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

If someone is stripped of citizenship, would they have to pay taxes?

Where, if you said they should be deported, would you deport them to?

Can someone then collect all of the welfare that illegal people are collecting without being a citizen of the US?

Kind of sounds like a win-win to me.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maskander

I like that, let's see these fake secessionists put their money where their mouth is

I'm sure there are many right wing paradises where these nuts can go live! Where there are no social safety nets, no health care and where they can get into daily gunfights

There are many immigrants waiting to be part of this great union, we won't miss these crybabies
So you're not even admitting there is a problem? Wow you're way gone. Maybe you need to get out.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Maskander because: (no reason given)

of course theres a problem. but im not going to make empty threats to run away.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
Don't let the hypocrisy of people surprise you. It's just how it is. The government has overstepped its bounds, it's happened slowly increasing speed, but now it's moving much faster. No one remembers or even realizes that it's the states that made the country, not the country that made the states. States self-governing is infringed on and is always being chipped away.

The federal government is too much of a money making machine and drunk on power to allow serious changes to how this country is run, or how the political system works. That's why it's so important to elect someone like Ron Paul who would reign in the government and give power back to states.

I like Ron Paul and all. I really don't think he could do much. Obama has young kids and things are still business as usual.

I wonder if he ever thinks about how the world will look when his daughters are in their late 20s or 30s. Supposedly he is the most powerful man int he country, yet nothing gets done. If he doesn't do it for his children, he isn't going to do it for anyone else.

This last decade we have seen so many rights get skewered, I wonder what another decade will do if people don't take some kind of stand. I hope it is a nonviolent stand. Though a lot of people jump to violence as a first response these days.

You can't give someone a reason to think you are a threat. People are dumb when they feel threatened or think they are being threatened. Common sense and common decency go out the window when people get all worked up.

edit on 14-11-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

good point!

-Back on topic.

Also did some reading before regarding the first amendment. This is my interpretation using this as a guide to judge the exile petition.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

This petition is null and void because the act of deporting the people who signed the petition would be against the first amendment DUE to the fact that it silences them hence violating REDRESS OF GRIEVANCES and FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

I am not going to lose sleep over this tonight. It wont get anywhere, and if it does, it will never pass or become law.

case closed imo, goodnight.

edit on 11/14/2012 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Happy1

good point!

-Back on topic.

Also did some reading before regarding the first amendment. This is my interpretation using this as a guide to judge the exile petition.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

This petition is null and void because the act of deporting the people who signed the petition would be against the first amendment DUE to the fact that it silences them hence violating REDRESS OF GRIEVANCES and FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

I am not going to lose sleep over this tonight. It wont get anywhere, and if it does, it will never pass or become law.

case closed imo, goodnight.

Are you kidding me?

This petition was an exasperated middle finger aimed at all the petitions threatening secession (I'm getting soo tired of this word already). I don't know what you thought it was, but you seem to be way off base.

Nobody truly suggested it be made into law. Did you really take it that seriously?

edit on 14/11/12 by Sink the Bismarck! because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The occupy movement had more merit than this. I had really high hopes for that movement but they needed leadership and a clear message but from what I saw they were so antiestablishment it kept them from establishing themselves it was a great experiment with such possibilities but piss poor organizational skills that eventually self-imploded with a whimper.

This is reminiscent of that movement for one main reason that I can discern. They don’t know why they are doing it. At first I thought it was just because a bunch of right wingers were pissed they lost the election but I have heard a few other explanations but I haven’t noticed that there is any kind of general consensus.

People are deluding themselves if they think this petition means jack squat the only thing that is guaranteed to come of this now that they have the required amount of signatures. Now it will be brought to someone’s attention and there will be a reply posted like all the other petitions. Its only purpose is to be heard those signatures only prove that it isn’t just a very few people standing by it. It is enough to warrant a responce and that is all it warrants at this time.

My guess is there will be a nicely typed reply with references to articles of the constitution and the formation of the union stating why this will not happen but they just may play along and give you information on how to go about pulling away from the union peacefully. You must keep in mind Texas is the only state that still holds that right. I would think at least 2 3rds of the state would need to sign on to a petition in writing that means door to door and would need to go through the Texas House of representatives. It can be done peacefully however.

Here is a little tidbit

After Perry's comments received considerable attention and news coverage, Rasmussen Reports issued a poll and found that about 1 in 3 of those surveyed believed that Texas has the right to secede from the United States, although only 18% would support secession and 75% would oppose secession.[14] In another poll, 60% of Texans surveyed opposed becoming an independent nation. However, 48% of Texas Republicans surveyed supported it.[15]
Here everyone should read up on this link.
en.wikipedia.org...

As for the other states seceding it is nothing but a pipedream at the moment but if they are at all serious Texas would have to be first to set a precedent and fact is they would need Texas for any chance at survival. I think we all know this is just like a fart in the wind. It stinks like hell now but it’s already fading away to be forgotten about.

edit on 14-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sink the Bismarck!

Nope, some people did though. I wanted to point it out to myself (and others) anyway. -inner geek.

I just find it shocking that people actually WANT to deport & exile Americans. I just get a bit pissed off when others want to force their will on another person/American. If the petition was made in jest, then its really a non-issue but people are easily fooled into believing things like this would go through. I don't think the secession petitions would work either.

But I just wanted to point it out anyway.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

The Occupy movement was a joke from the very beginning.

I seriously wonder what the gov't would do if US citizens renounced their citizenship and didn't leave the country.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Oh I signed the petition to have people deported as well but I only signed to prove the point that theses petitions mean next to nothing. I signed it as a joke. Nothing will come of it either. It infringes on our personal rights but it will be fun to see what the response will be. It will be boring I am sure. I am not looking to deport anyone just make a point by showing it couldn't be done. However I am sure some people think they will because of that petition.( I just shake my head)

Personally I was thinking of starting a petition that stated that if Donald Trump wasted any more of Americas time with his birther bullspit again he/it should be federally mandated that he be taken down to the nearest barber shop and whatever that creature is that’s glued to his head should be set free. I thought it would be funny to see just how many signatures we could get.

It would also demonstrate how little power these little petitions actually carry.

edit on 14-11-2012 by Grimpachi because:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Someone should start a 'Whoever signed the deporting/exile petition should be deported, exiled.' petition... Just to see how far the cycle continues.

Since that's the popular petition type now, I think that would get a lot of retaliation signatures.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
If they want to leave they can leave. But Texas as a State is not leaving the union. Sorry to break it to these nutcases but that is just the way it is. They can continue to vent all they want but Texas isn't going anywhere. A bunch of crybabies is what they are. If you don't like it here then move. Mexico will take you!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Someone posted that over 3 million for Obama in Texas.......
Yes that is true but 4.5 million voted for Romney in Texas and he lost.

You cannot forget about the few. Sometimes they speak louder and more clearer than the masses.

Plus it is over 80,000 that have signed in Texas alone. Plus there are 22 states that have posted to secede.

Also, it keeps popping up about how you can sign over and over online, does that mean the states that allowed computer voting or email voting couldn't have voted more than once.

Someone said be careful what you ask for states that want to secede, you might get what you want. Actually it should be exactly that. Put it to a vote. Let majority win.

Think before speak, think before you act, you may not like the results......

Give me freedom or give me death.......
edit on 14-11-2012 by txviper because: none given

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by txviper

Exactly, give me freedom, or give me death. Unfortuanately, a lot of people don't understand this.

The number that do, mean it.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Note I'm not one to give up a fight but the way people are talking its like getting told to sit down and stfu and like it. so if thats what you want then so be it but i can tell you this I will give em hell. Im battle born!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Go for it I will sign essentially signing against myself. I sent you the link in U2U. I am saving mine for removing that badger from Trumps head. Let me know if you do.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join