It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New petition on Whitehouse.gov: Strip the Citizenship from Everyone who Signed a Petition to Secede

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Has anyone other than myself noticed the long hard fight throughout this thread from those opposed to liberty? I can understand the struggle for freedom but what was the cause of those opposed again? To me, that speaks volumes of some here!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I like that, let's see these fake secessionists put their money where their mouth is

I'm sure there are many right wing paradises where these nuts can go live! Where there are no social safety nets, no health care and where they can get into daily gunfights

There are many immigrants waiting to be part of this great union, we won't miss these crybabies

Totally awesome comment the only problem is the victors of the election hide behind government and form their little gangs to get what they want.

As if all anyone could ever make them leave.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
Has anyone other than myself noticed the long hard fight throughout this thread from those opposed to liberty? I can understand the struggle for freedom but what was the cause of those opposed again? To me, that speaks volumes of some here!

Saying that people who are against secession are 'opposed to liberty' is a false equivalency.

Just so you know.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Oh trust me the first thing I'm doing after I'm done with college is move to California

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
reply to post by muse7

Muse, nice avatar. ##snipped## Premature panic is the sign of an immature mind. CIA, Benghazi, and Impeachment may just push off Secession. And you can move north with the traitors.
edit on Tue Nov 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Well, it's really mostly the east and west coasts. Some of us a bit north are very red state. All three of the states I have resided in are among the states petitioning for secession. I've been north, south and in the middle.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Sink the Bismarck!

Pointing out a valid reason that paying bills might be on the list makes me a "secessionist troll" in your book?

Swing and a miss.

Anyways, back on topic, once again; maybe you have an explanation for why Nite_wing is no longer allowed to tell people Merry Christmas, or to recite the Pledge of Allegiance? You seem to have missed this question the first time I asked it.
edit on 13/11/12 by Sink the Bismarck! because: I wonder if TKDRL realizes where he screwed up when writing that post

edit on 13/11/12 by Sink the Bismarck! because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

Can you tell me one thing that you can't do now, that you could do 20 years ago?

Leave my car unlocked.
Leave my house unlocked.
Walk a block without being on camera.
Walk in a black neighborhood without being shot or beaten up.
Walk in a white neighborhood without being shot or beaten up.
Not being called an a-hole because I liked a different political party.
Not be felt up in an airport.
Not be stopped just because I was on a highway.
Pay my bills.
Say Merry Christmas.
Pray in public.
Say the Pledge of Allegiance.
Not have my mail read.
There are more but you should get the idea.

I know its possible to be frisked at an airport, though rare. The vast majority of the time, a simple metal detector is all anyone needs to go through. What's strange is, it seems to be the people most against the airport security measures were the biggest backers of the so-called "PATRIOT" Acts and related post-9/11 "scared of the big bad tewwowists" measures.

Anyhow, that is literally the only item on this list I can see as being remotely true. At least in the Chicago area. Plus, there's plenty of jobs here for all but the least-employable or laziest of people. Wherever the hell you've found yourself in is, you should really think about getting out. The vast majority of the nation is nothing like your list. I can do every single thing on your list, with the exception of a small possibility of an airport frisking.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

no crybabies. you are not seeing whats happening cause your a damn liberal. We don't need liberal pieces of crap in our country. GTFO. Liberals are the new terrorists. You will see the damage you caused in the coming weeks.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by merlin07

Turn off Fox News and stop listening to Rush Limbaugh.

Allowing gay people to marry eachother and making the wealthy pay more taxes won't ruin your life.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by merlin07
reply to post by muse7

no crybabies. you are not seeing whats happening cause your a damn liberal. We don't need liberal pieces of crap in our country. GTFO. Liberals are the new terrorists. You will see the damage you caused in the coming weeks.

Nobody had a choice this election. Americans were given our two choices for president soon after the first primary debates at the beginning of this year.

What is wrong with liberals anyways?

generally they support ideas such as free and fair elections, civil rights, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free trade, and a right to life, liberty, and property.

So if you don't like liberals, you want something that in no way represents democracy.

Are you a terrorist

Just kidding.

In any political affiliation someone may choose, there will always be issues some agree with and some disagree with.

Its nobodies fault these political platforms are a jumbled mess. It keeps people divided with issues, and much like congress, when there is division, nothing with substance ever gets done.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
To the people complaining, life ISN'T so bad here in America... If you believe it is, go try living in some other country and see how great it is.. I don't feel oppressed by my Govt. I understand that some "rights" had to be altered to help keep this country safe and protected, and I'm fine with that... I feel safe here, I'm able to do whatever the hell I want to each day, I'm able to work whatever job I choose, I can practice whatever religion I want, I can eat, drink, sleep, do whatever the heck I want (within the legal parameters set) you get the point..

If you folks believe this nation is so bad, then leave... We don't need complainers around here anyways, who can't just accept that Obama won... I voted for Romney but he lost, it's time for people to get over it and MOVE ON... I don't remember hearing Democrats threatening to break away from the country when Bush was making all the dumb moves in the world...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Anyone who signs a petition to suceed from the union are guilty of high treason and should be lined up and shot by firing squad. No judge, no jury, no parol.
If you don't like the way things are, then change them by legal means.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Where is the petition to be part of the secede? I'm not hopping on to the bandwagon just for the heck of it, I'm doing it because they had their fun, now it's time to pay up by taking responsibility for what they have done such as suppressing the right to speak.

Freemen or Kingmen? Your choice.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eye of Horus
Anyone who signs a petition to suceed from the union are guilty of high treason and should be lined up and shot by firing squad. No judge, no jury, no parol.

How retarded are you? A petition is legal means you idiot.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

reply to post by merlin07

Turn off Fox News and stop listening to Rush Limbaugh.

Allowing gay people to marry eachother and making the wealthy pay more taxes won't ruin your life.

First off making a law does not equate acceptance of their lifestyle choice as if anyone needed government permission in the first place.

Secondly making the rich pay more?

Mighty fascist of them and quite hypocritical for the party who claims to be for minorities and equal rights,
edit on 13-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I signed the petition for NJ.

Well if you guys see me disapear... check the FEMA camps in NJ for me.

Thanks!

Also for those who don't know me. I did not vote for Obamney. I am supporting this to send a message to Washington. For those who think its about being a sore loser - you're flat out wrong & ignorant!

This is about the irresponsible FEDERAL GOVERNMENT not the POTUS!

jeez some of you guys who are supporting the exile petition are dense as hell! You guys should go take a long walk down a short pier.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
For the last 309,000 yrs, or 12 cycles through the galactic center, the peoples of planet earth are fallen under the spell of a tyrannical archetypal paradigm. Its primary goal has been to divide in order to conquer. We see evidence of this within the religious/politics which have created endless war, fear and uncertainty. This "fallen" orientation is one of two players within this, a free-willed dualistic creation. The fallen orientation is the fragmented, thus fear based separate selfish-self.
In the days ahead the separate selfish-self will fight viciously to maintain its power. However, over the next few yrs the swing of the cosmic pendulum will begin swing in the opposite direction, thus ending the fragmented separate selfish-self, thus the end of the "my team/your team" ownership mentality, thus the end of the religious/politics that have maintained the strength of the separate nationstates, that is now planet earth.
Unity will be informed.
There is much to consider within the creational laws that govern the creation; 2012 Consciousness Shift Resources

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eye of Horus

That sounds like how a dictator runs a country. Obey or die.

Its quite similar to why the US broke off from Great Britain. I am sure back then people said to find a legal path instead of a knee jerk reaction of breaking off from from the King's rule. I'm sure participation in the American Revolution was a last resort when all other options were exhausted.

they first rejected the authority of the Parliament of Great Britain to govern them from overseas without representation and then expelled all royal officials

Much like how people feel with the federal government. We aren't exactly represented these days with the amount of money our representatives get to vote for interests of corporations. People don't want to secede from the US. Its more along the lines of seceding from the Federal Government, whose laws take priority over the States'. We basically traded Britain's rule for the Federal Government's rule.

The British responded by sending combat troops to re-impose direct rule.

If any state were to actually do it, they would have federal government agencies sent into re-impose direct rule back to the federal government. American Revolution 2.0

The similarities between the US fighting for its independence is no different than it was back then. Except instead of Great Britain, they want to cut involvement from the federal government who basically call all the shots and supersede the laws of the states that make up the United States.

The only difference is replacing King George III with Barack Obama.

The similarities are almost comedic.

Accepting the same oppressive authority our forefathers died and fought for so long ago seems unpatriotic.
edit on 13-11-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

I don't play games.I leave that to the dupes who vote.You can sign all the petitions you want it won't make a difference.All this is a sham the people in this country don't have the nerve to do anything like this.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

listen to yourself.

calling for people to be executed like a dictator.

you have NO right to make that kind of call, NO ONE DOES.

who do you think you are?

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join