It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New petition on Whitehouse.gov: Strip the Citizenship from Everyone who Signed a Petition to Secede

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

edit on Wed Nov 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because:

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

edit on Wed Nov 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
That would be over half the nation. Yes, as of this morning 47 States have petitioned to secede the Union. There are hundreds of thousands if not millions who have signed these petitions.

First this is our right to fight against an abusive government.

Secondly its in the founding documents.

I guess you are a product of public education.

Did you know the tea party is a direct relationship to the Boston Tea Party? Do you know why? Taxes - Yes, even back then we were fighting an oppressive government, and today we are fighting another oppressive government.

What did they do? Sent an Army - the Greatest Army on the face of the planet at that time, against farmers and shop owners. Guess who won? I'll give you a hint, it was not the Army.

You know again in 1812 they tried again to fight us. This time we had an Army. I give you another hint, WE WON!!!

If you are worried about losing your welfare you should go out and get a job or start a business. Maybe then you will know why we want to secede.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I am waiting for at least one of you to REALLY assert your freedom by logging off and never going on the Internet again. You can gallop horses through the street ringing a bell, but you can't use the free mass media system to push your cause. If you respond to this post then you are acknowledging that you support the very system you hate.

Ready set go!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko

Originally posted by muse7
Hey guess what? no one is stopping you from leaving and renouncing your citizenship!

The federal government (unofficially) seceded from the union the moment they stopped playing by the rules set out by the founding fathers. The constitution was a contract, and it's been well and truly breached. Therefore, it's not about getting out (wanting to secede) -- it's about getting back in and honoring the original contract/constitution.

You might as well save your breath. These subversives of the freedom movement know full well what is going on and what is at stake. They are sitting at a desk somewhere collecting a check from Langley to be obtuse and try to draw people away or distract them at the very least. This has to be for nobody can be so dense and still function in society.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by alumnathe
I am waiting for at least one of you to REALLY assert your freedom by logging off and never going on the Internet again. You can gallop horses through the street ringing a bell, but you can't use the free mass media system to push your cause. If you respond to this post then you are acknowledging that you support the very system you hate.

...Wait, what? Since when was this thread about hating on the internet? What does the internet have to do with what we "hate" about the "system"? Honestly I'm curious as to what ill, preconceived picture you've conjured up of 'us' -- and how it relates to the topic at hand.

So please humor us.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It amazes me of the sheer ignorance of some people. It took me a while to realize they are dead serious and they have no clue as to what they signed or the purpose or power it holds. I can say with certainty when it hits them they are going to be pissed and I am sure I will see some rants about how the system sucks mainly because they never understood it to begin with. I took this thing as a joke pretty much the whole time until it dawned on me that some of these people think they are changing something. Just wow seriously wow. They have no clue what these petitions are meant for.

Well I explained it a couple times to some of them I don’t think they believed me anyway so I am just going to sit back and wait for their heads to explode. Which will be fun but for now I will let them live in there fantasy world where Bizzarro rules. For those of you who know what I am talking about you should just let it happen and we can all have a good laugh when it’s over. There are some decent petitions ongoing and I hope they get the attention needed to be looked at. I may put one together after all this stuff blows over. The one thing I can say for certain after the last day of reading the treads and petitions is the ignorance of some people never ceases to amaze me I keep having to lower my bar of expectation with the human race. The most amazing part of it all is that there are so many of them.

Anyway have fun I got to go. I have work to do.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This is sort of what I was getting at in this thread. It seems as though no one is capable of coexisting while disagreeing anymore. The passion is so potent, the fear of each side by the other so great, and - at times - their mutual hatred so powerful, that the stakes have become too high in everyone's minds to entertain the notion of compromise. Compromise now means violating some fundamental tenet or precept, some core value so sacred to those who hold it, that it means the death of or an unacceptable degree of change in their chosen way of life. The only solution then becomes the disenfranchising or exile from any semblance of representation or freedom to act on their beliefs. Either they have to submit, entirely, without condition, or they have to get the hell out.

Personally, I still believe we are capable of coexisting even while passionately disagreeing, and of finding ways to govern ourselves that allow for at least a reasonable degree of accommodation for all sides' needs and beliefs, so long as we can accept that we are not all going to agree, and that there needs to be havens within society for different ways of governing and living. We cannot force a one size fits all solution upon the entirety of a nation (or a world.) I strongly believe we must be more flexible and granular in our thinking.

But it is becoming abundantly clear as time goes on that the divisions and fears on all sides are far more deeply entrenched now than I had hoped was the case. The will to coexist barely exists. And if there is no will to coexist, then coexistence will not be possible. Right now this is just a significant but ultimately (probably) moot number of people exercising their right to free speech. And probably not in a manner that will accomplish anything substantive in my opinion. But attitudes can grow and spread, and can intensify. Something this simple can ignite something more complex. If the will to coexist does not win out eventually, these attitudes - on both sides - I fear, given enough time and momentum (even if many years,) may become self fulfilling prophecies.

As always, I advocate peace and communication.

Peace.
edit on 11/14/2012 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
This has probably already come up, but an expatriation act wasn't far from being passed a while back. From what I can tell, it hasn't, officially, but maybe this is the push it needed?

The Enemy Expatriation Act, if passed and signed into law, could "let the government strike away citizenship for anyone engaged in hostilities, or supporting hostilities, against the United States. The law itself is rather brief, but in just a few words it warrants the US government to strip nationality status from anyone they identify as a threat. articles.businessinsider.com...

Wonder where one might get expatriated to?

gitmo.

not joking.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

You speak as if all is well in the country apart from a few minor disagreements that can be solved by simply coming to a compromise. Clearly your not seeing things in the same context as those willing to take such drastic action. If you cannot see the deep underlying problems that has been trending the last couple decades -- despite which party has been in control -- I don't even know what to say.

The United States of America is more at risk than ever of crashing down, on all fronts -- economically, politically, socially, you name it. Perhaps the threat or act of a secession is exactly what the country needs in order to wake the masses up, so that they might actually become united once again.
edit on 14/11/12 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
It amazes me of the sheer ignorance of some people. It took me a while to realize they are dead serious and they have no clue as to what they signed or the purpose or power it holds. I can say with certainty when it hits them they are going to be pissed and I am sure I will see some rants about how the system sucks mainly because they never understood it to begin with. I took this thing as a joke pretty much the whole time until it dawned on me that some of these people think they are changing something. Just wow seriously wow. They have no clue what these petitions are meant for.

Well I explained it a couple times to some of them I don’t think they believed me anyway so I am just going to sit back and wait for their heads to explode. Which will be fun but for now I will let them live in there fantasy world where Bizzarro rules. For those of you who know what I am talking about you should just let it happen and we can all have a good laugh when it’s over. There are some decent petitions ongoing and I hope they get the attention needed to be looked at. I may put one together after all this stuff blows over. The one thing I can say for certain after the last day of reading the treads and petitions is the ignorance of some people never ceases to amaze me I keep having to lower my bar of expectation with the human race. The most amazing part of it all is that there are so many of them.

The petition does not hold any power. Secession comes from the state legislature, not a bunch of random people. Let's all look at this for what it is--a form of protest driven by frustration. Protest and voicing your displeasure are good things and part of a healthy republic. Perhaps the White House, who invited this whole petition thing anyway, will see that there is a large (about 50%) portion of the citizens who are not happy with the administration's decision making process and it might inspire the administration to compromise and reach out to the other side. One can onlyhope.

I'm a bit surprised that people who talk about how horrible it is to disenfranchise people, RE voter ID, votes for immigrants, former felons, etc., would wish to disenfranchise people jsut for expressing an opinion, but the disenfranchisement petition is also just a form of protest against the secession petition. I think I'll start a petition to protest the petition that is protesting the petition!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by Grimpachi

The petition does not hold any power. Secession comes from the state legislature, not a bunch of random people. Let's all look at this for what it is--a form of protest driven by frustration. Protest and voicing your displeasure are good things and part of a healthy republic. Perhaps the White House, who invited this whole petition thing anyway, will see that there is a large (about 50%) portion of the citizens who are not happy with the administration's decision making process and it might inspire the administration to compromise and reach out to the other side. One can onlyhope.

I'm a bit surprised that people who talk about how horrible it is to disenfranchise people, RE voter ID, votes for immigrants, former felons, etc., would wish to disenfranchise people jsut for expressing an opinion, but the disenfranchisement petition is also just a form of protest against the secession petition. I think I'll start a petition to protest the petition that is protesting the petition!

Gee, I wonder what planet these people come from to form a legislative body? What country? Perhaps the underlying meaning of your statement warrants the question, what CLASS do they come from? Why are you and others trying to diminish what is really going on here? Don't be fooled by what these people are saying to let the air out of this! It is the PEOPLE who make up these governmental bodies, it has merely been hijacked!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I signed every single one! I believe this country is self destructing and we are going the way of Sodom and Gamorrah. There is no right or left anymore. Although they don't call us the "Right" for nothing. This is a battle for the soul of a nation. "It is a mighty and terrible thing to depart from the Lord thy God."

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason

Originally posted by MOFreemason
Can somebody please post a link to the petition.

Thank you kindly...

Found it!
petitions.whitehouse.gov... ion/zmshT35Q

I clicked on your link and it says the page no longer exists o.O

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

I see it. I do. I am not minimizing the problems we face and I know it is far more than a simple ideological disagreement. I just believe very strongly in the human capacity to resolve differences and coexist. Stripping people of their citizenship for expressing a desire, to me, is a symptom of an unwillingness to coexist with others. To live and let live.

I doubt secession is actually going to be achieved, and least of all by these petitions. And I don't think secession is the solution to any of the problems we are faced with. But that is only my opinion, and that someone would seek to strip someone of their citizenship - and thus their constitutional rights - rights, if we are truly as enamored with them as we claim to be, we should seek to uphold for everyone in my view - disturbs me greatly. It is a microcosm of the very problems we face to which you allude in my opinion. That we cannot say, "You live your way, and I will live mine," even when the two ways are seemingly diametrically opposed, is deeply disappointing and saddening to me. I believe we have the capacity to do so. And I believe we must do so if we are to survive and prosper not merely as Americans, but as human beings.

I do not believe we can survive as a nation, or keep alive the precepts and rights we claim to uphold (and which many believe are being progressively curtailed,) if we are so entrenched and so divided that we cannot look upon one another - even across that divide - with basic human good will. That's just my honest opinion and feeling.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TopClass

right. only thru revolution which would be stomped down in a second.
and thru permission from congress and the president and the state.
do you think that all three would agree?
so that leaves revolution which is illegal

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TopClass

you acatually need to read the entire case of Texas v White.

This is from Salmon Chase, the Chief Justice

When, therefore, Texas became one of the United States, she entered into an indissoluble relation. All the obligations of perpetual union, and all the guaranties of republican government in the Union, attached at once to the State. The act which consummated her admission into the Union was something more than a compact; it was the incorporation of a new member into the political body. And it was final. The union between Texas and the other States was as complete, as perpetual, and as indissoluble as the union between the original States. There was no place for reconsideration or revocation, except through revolution or through consent of the States.

in other words....nope. it is illegal
that is what indissoluble means. once you are in you are in

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duskangels
I signed every single one! I believe this country is self destructing and we are going the way of Sodom and Gamorrah. There is no right or left anymore. Although they don't call us the "Right" for nothing. This is a battle for the soul of a nation. "It is a mighty and terrible thing to depart from the Lord thy God."

Ya know, the right would attract more voters if they ditched the whole "God" thing.

I consider myself a Constitutionalist, and I am by far one of the most fiscally conservative people in the nation. That being said, with all of the fairy tale god crap, and the use of the little fictional bible as a reference guide, the Republicans are going to chase away a constantly growing segment of voters.

It's time to live in reality and not fairy tale land.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
While this ship is heading straight for the rocks, the liberals are suggesting that people leave if they don't like the President??? I'm curious... How many of you liberals moved out of the US when Bush was President?

I rest my case! You people whined and bitched for 8 years and everyone tolerated your crap. Now show us that you're not a bunch of whiny hypocrites and tolerate the protests from people who don't agree with you! You claim to be the party of diversity and inclusion - PROVE IT! So far your actions have only served to reinforce the notion that you all are truly HYPOCRITES!

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join