It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I find the lack of media coverage disturbing.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
All this reminds me of is Monty Pythons Life of Brian, the prophets scene, lol.

Make sure where you hammer is at all times people, lol.
edit on 13-11-2012 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It definitely seems to me like they have conditioned us into not believing it. They make movies, documentaries of doom and gloom, make fun the mayan calendar, all in the past 10 years.... But when it gets close, everyone shuts up. Don't mention that date.... people automatically associate it with the movie or some corny documentary and say nothing is going to happen. They have conditioned us not to panic, not to prepare, not to believe in it.

Meanwhile, underground bunkers are at an all time high, the government has obviously been preparing for some major event... FEMA, Denver International airport, the doomsday seed vault, not to mention all their huge underground military caverns....

The government sure seems well prepared for it. But tell the people.... no.... condition the people to think its crap so they don't get in the way. Keep them focused on christmas, and anyone that says something will happen on dec 21 will be taken as a quack anyway.

This goes against everything the media has done in the past. it never stopped them from advertising y2k, which was also at christmas time. They've got us right where they want us. And we've fallen for it, we aren't denying ignorance, we're bathing in it and enjoying it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Surely the reason there's no news about it is because there is no news about it?

Where are all the suicide cults? Apart from a very few Americans peeing their pants in their cellars in the hills, there simply isn't any news to report.

Even most of the usual fringe 'end of the world' mob have already moved on to the next predictions.

Get over it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

It's Bobby Fischer the chess champion, I like your Ricky avatar

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Maybe it is not going to be the "end" as many people are led to believe but instead will be the beginning.
Maybe a New Age is rising up in the hearts of men and women. Maybe it will be the "end" for the people holding all the bags of money and all the cards, and that scares them silly so they do the only thing they know how to, make the public consume!!! Pay no attention to this awesome thing happening over there, look look a new sale!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I find your lack of rational thought processing more disturbing than the latter. Are you anticipating to read a headline or watch the news coverage with a "With 40 days remaining, how are you going to survive the end of the world?" I'm not. Maybe you should call up CNN and complain...Seriously, is it worth getting the entire planet on panic mode when nothing whatsoever might happen? But no, people choose to see this situation as a cover up, and think that "they" know something and don't want to tell us. Either way does it make a difference? Or do you need a early heads up before you jump inside your bunker?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

My thoughts exactly.
It may be difficult for people who spend a lot of time on "conspiracy" websites to fully appreciate it, but most people do not visit such websites (and not necessarily because they are "asleep"), so they don't get the induced feeling of something that is coming that such communities tend to generate, much like a hothouse.
Surprisingly many don't even know about "2012".
On the other hand, it has been mentioned over the years in documentaries (that's how I came to learn about it).
And you can still find mentions of it in entertainment sections of European newspapers and magazines. (I don't know about USA newspapers.)

So, I don't think anything is being "silenced". There is simply nothing specific or concrete to talk about.
Certainly not outside those "entertainment" sections.

edit on 13-11-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
My wife, brother in law and mother-in-law could care less about it. They are more concerned about where the yard and estate sales are at.

And that pretty much explains why the MSM doesnt care to hash it out day after day, week after week. In case you havent noticed? They need to sell products and commercials...and just because you and I are concerned, that doesnt mean the rest of the world is.

Im a !st Responder and they support my efforts but....I cant get any of them to even stock up on batteries...theyve no CLUE why they should....and this is why media coverage has dwindled.

A huge percent of the polpulous except here....could care less....

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
No news? Here's some from russia, not exactly onpoint though.
themoscownews.com...

I had a great laugh, but some might find this interesting.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Even if the fact's,and or event's did turn out to be true what would most common people do do?If the end was nigh what could they do?,unless your someone rich like Bill Gates,or House of Rothschild,or the Ceo of Virgin mobile....what could you do?Build a working bunker with all the latest tech essential in living under the earth?with the profound wealth you do not posses?The super rich,kings and queens of the earth make up how much of the worlds population?1%....3%?They will be just peachy in their Bunkers/space stations that are fully equipped for such an event.But i highly doubt someone under a six figure salary in an overpopulated world will be able to do much to prep, except clinch up and wait for the end.So those without the resources,materials,or wealth...which is most of the worlds population.Most of us will most likely be clueless to any oncoming impending doom.Do you think those that sit atop the pyramid care about the little guy's?...lol They don't give a rat's batootie about what becomes of what they see as lesser life forms..the proof is in the pudding look at the world and it's shape?Trying to feed us GMO foods,giving us medications that have more side affects than than leaking reactor,Trying to keep peace with nukes...that have the power to kill and poison everything on earth twice over?...So why would they keep it quite?Simple...our problems are just a speed bump in their progress for advancement..as they see it anyhow.Not trying to be negative just trying to keep things real.

edit on 13-11-2012 by Onewhoknowsjesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryom

Be careful with reptiles, there is also a strong "religious" kind of belief on them in internet.
Russia is a big country, even today we don´t get much information what happens there. There are many cults and some are doomsday related.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
My wife, brother in law and mother-in-law could care less about it. They are more concerned about where the yard and estate sales are at.

And that pretty much explains why the MSM doesnt care to hash it out day after day, week after week. In case you havent noticed? They need to sell products and commercials...and just because you and I are concerned, that doesnt mean the rest of the world is.

Im a !st Responder and they support my efforts but....I cant get any of them to even stock up on batteries...theyve no CLUE why they should....and this is why media coverage has dwindled.

A huge percent of the polpulous except here....could care less....

I am a 73 year old with a disability that makes it difficult some days to just get from my third floor (thank God for elevators) apartment to my car and then from my car to the scooters at the store to go shopping. If a truly disastrous event happened such as a massive solar flare or an EMP attack that wiped out all electricity for a very extended period of time it wouldn't matter how much I stocked up. If I were away from my apartment when it happened I would be stuck where I was and couldn't get to my stash anyway. And if I were at home I would have no way to get out to restock when I ran out, assuming there was anything to restock from. So having a stash would only delay the inevitable and I would be smelling the daisies from the root side soon anyway.

The only way to really prepare properly is to have a secure bunker stocked with enough guns and ammo, food, water, medical supplies and other miscellaneous necessities to last for 6 months to a year. That is totally out of the range of possibility for most people and especially for retirees like me living on a fixed and limited income.

So if the time comes I will gracefully bend over, tuck my head between my legs and kiss my tush goodbye. I mean. why worry myself to distraction over something I can't do anything about anyway. And that includes all the 2012, planet X, niburu, worldwide earthquakes and other threats to the world. Will any of them happen in my somewhat limited number of years I have left? Hell, I don't know, but I am going to enjoy the days I do have left without fretting over what I can't control.
edit on 13-11-2012 by happykat39 because: added info

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think the whole 2012 apocalypse idea was bigger a few years ago, when the movie came out and stuff and more people started to find out about it. People are just kind of over it now..nobody I know cares about it or they just dismiss it.
And that's probably why the media aren't going crazy for it. Think about it, a newspaper is gonna go for the headline it thinks is most important and is gonna sell.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
what would they report on?
"You know that December 21st date we already told you about,and the movie you saw about it, well we have nothing new about it, BUT it's only one month away."

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I for one, am pumped...

GOOD BYE student loans!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by siliconpsychosis

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
reply to post by honested3

It is because of the movie that it can be downplayed.... As soon as a movie is made about anything, its automatically put into the fiction section of our minds. People don't think anything of it. The media will remain silent, all the way up to that date, and that is their one tell that something is going to happen. The media loves fear mongering, they wouldn't miss the opportunity to report 2012..... So by not reporting it, it is raising some pretty big alarm bells.

How's about this for a radical idea........

The media isn't reporting anything as there is no real, prove able, scientific, non YouTube , non new age nonsense evidence that anything is going to happen.

Its either

A). Report on a fringe concept and be ridiculed after nothing happens
B). Don't report anything

Try to open your minds to the reality, not the fringe

I don't think this is true...the media posts sensational fiction DAILY...blowing things out of proportion and terrifying the hell out of everyone over nonsense is their mission/purpose....and according to that they should be reporting the crap out of Dec 21....but they aren't and I agree that is a little out of place for the machine the MSM is...

As far the media not wanting to be ridiculed:
A) that has never stopped them before...
B) it STILL doesn't stop them
C) It wont ever stop them
D) even with the ridicule people still believe what the MSM says...

edit on 13-11-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

No media coverage? Really? Try watching the History channel, they rerun apocalypse shows all the time! They have the Prepper shows on another channel. I remember one station, NBC I think, did a special on it. I would think that they'll also do "live" coverage of 21 DEC 2012 at Mayan ruins.

No media coverage, you've got to be joking! It's all over the place. What more do you want? Would you feel better if all programming was dedicated to it?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
what would they report on?
"You know that December 21st date we already told you about,and the movie you saw about it, well we have nothing new about it, BUT it's only one month away."

Meanwhile, you can switch over to the many channels that run documentary programs on it.
But fear not, we will remind you of December 21st's coming in a week's time.
Stay tuned.

edit on 13-11-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
let's not forget netflix...they cover the subject to a point of overbearing!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryom

I almost spilled my drink at the sight of that headline.

But you know what really is scary, sort of?
The fact that bottom-of-the-barrel-tabloid-like headlines like that one have now become bona fide headlines.
The world really is going bonkers.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join