It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I find the lack of media coverage disturbing.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It also seems that we have "left" the movie theater with end of the world stuff and we are now experiencing it for "real".
In the past couple of years we've had animals dying off by the thousands, birds falling from the sky, mile-wide tornadoes leveling entire towns, tropical storms doing more damage than hurricanes, earthquakes on the east coast, loud, underground booming noises heard throughout the US, strange sounds heard in the sky worldwide, more and more "ufo" activity.

To me this seems like allot of test work for Project Blue Beam.
This could be the test runs for an "alien invasion".

Think 1984 meets The Patriot Act

Also, the underground boom sounds could be underground super highway construction connecting the main bunkers via highways running coast to coast

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
We still have time to media coverage, while we get closer to actual date, things are about to happen. What we will see is mass suicides just like Heaven´s Gate tragedy 1999 when people of this cult decided to kill themselves and believed their souls will be board in spaceship which were following Hale-Bopp comet. As many believe still today is that there will be an Alien invasion and war of the Worlds in that time in december and some believe Alien contact to happen then. While we are dealing cohesive way of thinking and people gathering in masses we can only imagine now what happens when like minded people who believe in same sort of apocalyptic views.

Believers in the 2012 Apocalypse are already gathering at the only place they think will be safe, which is the mountain town of Bugarach in France. Georges Fenech, president of the French Goverment agency Miviludes, fears believers may commit mass suicide on or around December 21st, 2012. From the linked article: "The head of this presumed sect, Judy Zebra Knight, claims be in contact with Ramtha, a Lemurean warrior who fought the residents of the mythical Atlantis 35,000 years ago....The coordinator for the Ramtha School of Enlightenment in France, Valerie Sautereau, says that group has no apocalyptic beliefs and no link with the village of Bugarach." "Suicide resulting from apocalyptic beliefs has already occurred in France in recent years. In 2002 a suicide and several suicide attempts occurred in the town of Nantes within a small circle of people who believed the end of the world was imminent."

Web cameras are ready in Israel to welcome Messiah, and Christians are waiting for return of Jesus. its like everyone is expecting something to happen. And when masses believe in Its going to Happen we will face some civil unrest and behaviour we don´t usually have..

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
However, what I find most eerie, is the fact that the news hasn't talked about it, at all.

A claim that is easy to check, and refute.

Doing a google news search for December 21 end of world gives about 69500 results.

edit on 13-11-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
There will be propably a poll in our tabloids asking how many of you decide to have sex in 21st December 2012

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

This is off topic, but who is that in your avatar? He looks SO much like Richard Speck, but I don't think it is

edit on 13-11-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
This is very interesting I will give you that, but I am hoping for the best.

I do believe this is a major galactic event, and if it effects us in anyway, humanity will still survive. I'm hoping for the best and trying to stay positive through these times.

Originally posted by samlf3rd
It isn't just the Mayan calendar, it is way deeper than that. The numbers that are about to combine on that date are written in pyramids around the world. I wonder.

I wonder if that has anything to do with the prediction Edgar Casey made about an ancient library opening under the Sphynx's paw? I think it had something to do with the alignments, as well...hmmmm, I'll have to look into that!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
If the doom is based on the Mayan calender found, doom was canceled may 10 2012

They found a new calender that spans 7000 years out in the future.

Archeologists have unearthed what they say is the oldest known version of the Mayan calendar and one that doesn't "end" with the Earth's destruction later this year.

www.theatlanticwire.com...

But who knows, if we all believe enough maybe we can make it happen anyway.

I love earth destruction stories so I am looking forward to more doom talk, I am not sadistic, but it would be fascinating to stand on a mountain while a rock the size of USA slam into the ocean, I mean it would be pure horror but if it happens I want a front seat and be grateful to be one of the small % that lives to experience it

Me.. I think I will enjoy Dec 21 2012, its my birthday

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There is going to be some kind of amazingly rare celestial phenomena that 99.9% of the population will not even notice other than some meme that a geek starts using a nasa picture of a precession and the calendar starts up again.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
No horse crap media coverage is a good thing. Besides, Why report about the longest night of the year due to the winter solstice? No breaking alert news needed for that. 12.21.12 will be just as common as 12.21.13..hehe. See you guys on the 22nd.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I was just saying that the other day..... besides trying to make it out as lies or just crazy people situations, nothing anywhere in the media ect. I think that the begining of december will be very interesting..... as soon as THE MONTH of doom arrives we may see some crazy stuff happen

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

And here is another attempt to compare the Y2K bug (a man-made threat) with 2012 (a fantasy threat). I have posted about Y2K before - Y2K Explanation

Here it is once again, for your reading pleasure:

The Y2K bug... What was it? Was it the end of the world or a proposed end to mankind? No, but it was perceived as such. All that the Y2K bug encompassed was a programming error. Before computers were mainstream devices; before every house had at least one computer (or computer type device, i.e. - Smartphone, tablet, etc. etc.); before Microsoft held the market share; computers were expensive, large and slow. The amount of overall memory allotted to the running of a program really mattered.

As I have explained many, many times before, at the level of programming that we are discussing, saving space in memory was the ultimate aim because you saved space and affected overall system performance (programmers still try to save space in memory but not to the extent that they did back then; which is a loss because this leads to bloated code and inefficient methods, which are not the aim of this discussion).

So what was this programming error? Quite simply it was an error caused by the storage of a variable type, instead of storing 4 characters as either an int16 or uint16, I can save space and store the 2 characters needed for the year as an int8 or uint8. This will save space in memory and storage because an int8 or uint8 will only use 8bits or 1 byte to store the year. Whereas an int16 or uint16 will use 2 bytes.

Why does this matter? Well to you and I, differentiating between 76 and 1976 simply falls into the realm of contextual representation. The context is based upon the understanding about the century being discussed or represented as the year within the current century. For example, if I were to say, in 76 the Cubs will win the pennant, you will think I contextually mean 2076 vs. 1976 (by my usage of *will*, or future tense). A computer, however, will not know whether I mean 1976, 2076, 2176 or any number that ends in 76. By that same right, in 2000, will the computer think that the 2 year representation means 1900, 2000, 500, 100? That was the question that caused the Y2K bug or glitch. The glitch was very evident on things that did not bother to update (for example __javascript represented the year 2000 as 19100).

So what happened? Many nights were spent by many programmers (myself included) rewriting and fixing code to ensure that nothing happened. Testing, rewriting and more testing. Up to and beyond Y2K. This is why I really got a chuckle when Y2K-itis went rampant in advertising. For example, "You can buy this couch, which is Y2K compatible, for only 699.99". I mean it was a storm of this and that, which was not even affected by the Y2K glitch.

So in conclusion, Y2K was a computer programming bug/glitch but perceived as the end of the world. Y2K was never proposed as the end of the world. Would it have made life more difficult? Potentially yes, but thanks to the efforts of millions of individuals working countless long nights and days, it did not.

12/21/2012 on the other hand. Is only a perceived danger in some charlatans mind.

-saige-
edit on 13-11-2012 by saige45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Because the 12-21-2012 is when the worst will have past.

It will get better afterwards.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by siliconpsychosis

incorrect sir, look at all the other pish posh that has gained coverage in the past, that i dont even have to point out that you already know. its true the media loves fear mongering etc, and even if they werent covering the "story" of 2012 and what its all about, theres more than enough to cover just with asking people their opinions, or their plans. you could do a documentary on 2012 skeptics and 2012 belivers etc, theres a TON of it. im not saying im a 2012 believer, im just trying to point out what the OP is, that there is no coverage about it, and that just seems very strange, especially when the recent years did have commercials about it, shows about it a movie etc. you dont have to subscribe to "fringe beliefs" by pointing out the obvious.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gottlieb

Well, it's kind of hard to get the whole Christmas Shopping Extravaganza going when no one gets to open presents because the world ended four days before....Kind of a mixed messaging there as our economy hangs in tatters and if folks don't buy, buy, buy, then we can kiss what's left of the economy good-bye.

Too funny. I think you nailed it. Normally the media would jive in on a disaster prediction, it's good for business. People buy survival stuff and food, etc.

Like you said, so close to Christmas might be counter productive...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

No no no, this is the denial stage.

Media will wait until the last week to start plastering TV watching minds of the coming global Hoax.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Well this BS has been talked about for years we are just waiting for the date change when it's obvious nothing will happen.

As for the religious NUTJOB he got his 15 minutes of fame, he was news at the time!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Please elaborate on the pyramid writings, I've never heard of this.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So who fosters this stuff? We already forgot the last time the prediction fizzled? The next day everyone was like, won't get fooled again.

Uh huh.

Well then make some real plans. If you got to go you got to plan...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

No no no, this is the denial stage.

Media will wait until the last week to start plastering TV watching minds of the coming global Hoax.

Everyones going to run out and buy batteries and bottled water.
I'm building an escape kayak in my apartment so I can escape when the water rises, which I'm sure is also part of the plan for that evening.
I hear it all kicks off at 1pm eastern time.

I bet the first thing stores sell out of will be popcorn

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The predictions around 2012 are so loose at this point -- what would the media coverage be of, exactly? Many screamed end of the world, others then talked ascension, others point out that the Mayan prophecy only described the end of a cycle/era (we will all wake up enlightened on the 21st)? Then you hear that the date prob. isn't exactly accurate because of errors in the math/newly discovered information. I heard long ago the planets will be aligned on this date -- is that true (still), or just here-say? If true, I find that alone interesting, no matter what else happens (or doesn't).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join