It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I find the lack of media coverage disturbing.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I think it's gone a little bit too much viral, only the guys on the net groups like this, know about 2012.. My personal though, is a solar event...but looking at the rumblings down the east side of the Pacific plate..who can tell.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hold on, hold on... let me put my conspiracy hat on...
What if they are wanting us to ignore it to get a mass ignore effect going? If thoughts become things and events (as they genuinely do), then wouldn't having the mass consciousness of people not think of the event actually affect the event? On the other hand, if the media around the world got people to think of doom for this date... wouldn't the outcome be disastrous?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy78
Hold on, hold on... let me put my conspiracy hat on...
What if they are wanting us to ignore it to get a mass ignore effect going? If thoughts become things and events (as they genuinely do), then wouldn't having the mass consciousness of people not think of the event actually affect the event? On the other hand, if the media around the world got people to think of doom for this date... wouldn't the outcome be disastrous?

i think that's the whole point, the media has done just that in the past and has reaped the rewards of selling stuff for the big show, so why now have they remained silent when they're loosing all that potential revenue?

someone is telling the media what to say and what not to say, it should be obvious if one looks at their track record. so the question remains, why the silence?

the money is in blowing this up on TV and investing in whatever people will buy to avoid it, that's how they always play it, so why the change now.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Isn't this what Battlefield Los Angeles was about??? Prepping us for the 21st of Dec???/ LOL

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
thats because the media has a gag order about nibiru, so they only drop hints.. souless bastards,
edit on 13-11-2012 by GameKeeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Dec 21, is the biggest prophetic date of our time, and I'm a little concerned when I find nothing in the news about it. Does this raise any alarm bells for anyone else?
Just out of idle curiousity, what will you be posting on December 22, when nothing has happened? Or will you be busy Christmas shopping?

I really want you to check in with your ruminations.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Dec 21, 2012 is just the beginning of a new Earth. There will be a huge amount of crap that we have to deal with over the next four years, as universe says "surprise", everything is starting to change. Yes there will be many deaths, most of us but that is just collateral damage. We are eternal beings and will reincarnate here or some other planet. Humans have a learned fear of death, thanks to BS religion. Anyways, you either get it or you don't. Try to stay alive; there will be lots of people to help. If you get killed, can I have your pogo stick?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
This conspiracy holds as much interest as maybe an eclipse

It's not a conspiracy. It's a prophecy/prediction. Why the hell do people keep calling it a conspiracy theory? I must have seen this at least a good 200 times by now.

Definition of 'conspiracy theory' from Wikipedia:
A conspiracy theory explains an event as being the result of an alleged plot by a covert group or organization or, more broadly, the idea that important political, social or economic events are the products of secret plots that are largely unknown to the general public.

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
Yes 40 days to go, will be waiting in anxiety and fear of people harming themselves or loved ones.

Nostradamus has predictions going in the next millennium, none of these other things you list in your OP are factual

Why would people harm family members over this?

Also,
>implying Nostradamus was legit
edit on 13-11-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

i think that's the whole point, the media has done just that in the past and has reaped the rewards of selling stuff for the big show, so why now have they remained silent when they're loosing all that potential revenue?

Yes. The silence is deafening.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

They want to have "proof" to support their claim first. So they will make something like UN reunions and "scientifically prove" that the world is going to end (by mean of dramatic climate change, or dramatic virus outbreak, or all of the above) first. When UN's "scientists" "prove" it, then, in the mind of the people, it's the 100% truth. They want to, this time, make a backed claim.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Obama was elected so the threat was negated...

But seriously we chose not to have a destructor! Gozer the Gozerian will not manifest and end the world as has happened so many times before!

Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Just be lucky that instead of death by Willard in WWIII we could have chose J. Edgar Hoover...
edit on 13-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hello there......been wondering about that lately too.....??
its kind of strange they havent tried to sell some copy as its been hyped to hell and back up to early/mid 2012.
Could it be that the predictors are loathe to call attention to their wild claims as the run up seems acually fairly normal to dull even, with nothing really huge occuring yet....??
The goverment may have encouraged the media to dummy up because of the panic factor , i could see that.......
But its eerily quiet on the civvy/alternate media channels too.....
Perhaps NOBODY wants to apear too foolish on dec 22 morning...?............
Either that or they dont want anyone focussed on whats comming...Operation space invasion or whatever the diabolical NWO plans for us...................s

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Each one of those has a price tag attached to it though. Don't you think that's more like selling sensationalism instead of a true warning?

A true warning would be someone on the news taking the issue seriously and actually warning people, not selling books on trendy devices or watching a gluttony of special effects and explosions on the big screen.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceCowboy78

Each one of those has a price tag attached to it though. Don't you think that's more like selling sensationalism instead of a true warning?

A true warning would be someone on the news taking the issue seriously and actually warning people, not selling books on trendy devices or watching a gluttony of special effects and explosions on the big screen.

Exactly. The whole "2012 Doomsday" thing is a hoax to separate fools from their money. If something is afoot, there would be a warning. Take Hurricane Sandy, for example. Did the big, bad government cover that up for fear that people would panic?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Harold Camping made the news because he is a real, tangible person who is with us now - there is a story to be had. The Y2K was at least a fear based on a valid computer issue, and was grounded in some kind of reality.

December 2012 is just...nothing, as much as you want to make it something, it's not even remotely interesting to most because it's such nonsense you can't even conjure up a nonsense story about it. Garbage.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
We can't have people not spending money on christmas gifts. Besides 12/21/2012 will come and pass like any other day of any other year. Nothing will happen and I think y'all know this deep inside. I think many WISH something catastrophic will happen but they will just be let down, yet again.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
We've been fully conditioned now.
For the past ten years at least we have had a constant stream of end of the world media.
We know how to hide and prep now, we know how to properly kill zombies, we know now what massive amounts of blood and violence look like. We're now ready for tsthtf while the bunkers below us are fully booked with billionaires and their close friends.

Nothing is going to happen exactly when you think it is, duh.
But, tptb have been utilizing the 2012 thing to inundate us with end of the world gore (for our conditioning)

December 22nd is a Saturday. I'm sure I'll wake up at noon and talk shat on ATS all day.

EDIT:
However, Disney did just buy Star Wars. That does sound like an end game type of plan...
edit on 13-11-2012 by DrGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Well, it's kind of hard to get the whole Christmas Shopping Extravaganza going when no one gets to open presents because the world ended four days before....Kind of a mixed messaging there as our economy hangs in tatters and if folks don't buy, buy, buy, then we can kiss what's left of the economy good-bye.

But don't worry, plenty of time to focus on 12/21/12...

I am hoping for aliens with thai massage, but that's just me...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrGod
Nothing is going to happen exactly when you think it is, duh.
Well folks, I have a calendar that ends December 31, 2012. Ought I to be concerned?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

This is why.

“We are speaking out against deceit, lies and twisting of the truth, and turning us into folklore-for-profit. They are not telling the truth about time cycles” Gomez told the AFP news agency.

Mayans protest government sponsored apocalypse myth

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join