It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I find the lack of media coverage disturbing.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I predict you will see a few stories on the local news and at the usual websites, in the last 10 days leading up to this, but little more. In fact -- the only way this makes headline news is if some lunatic does something shocking. Personally -- I'm hoping they bury themselves until after the 1st of the year, and stop trying to make everyone else live their psychosis, but that's just me -- the optimist.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Maybe because nothing is going to happen. I dont recall seeing the Harold Camping prediction although i am aware of it but was not a big deal. Y2K, on the other hand, was covered but mostly people played it up.

The best thing to come from Y2K was the classic "1999" song by Prince.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
Maybe because nothing is going to happen. I dont recall seeing the Harold Camping prediction although i am aware of it but was not a big deal. Y2K, on the other hand, was covered but mostly people played it up.

Lets (not) go crazy. Prince wrote 1999 in 1981, for his 1982 album. There was no such thing as (public knowledge) of a "y2k" bug at that time.
edit on 13-11-2012 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Dude don't feel too bad about it. I do PR for a living. I have a huge event this friday at a major venue in Los Angeles with celebrities coming. And yet I still can't get any press to confirm or RSVP for the event. You think your lack of media coverage is disturbing. At least it won't cost you your job.

SO if they aren't taking celebrities or award show coverage seriously these days then they really aren't going to give two squats about 2012 end of the world predictions.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

Lets (not) go crazy. Prince wrote 1999 in 1981, for his 1982 album. There was no such thing as (public knowledge) of a "y2k" bug at that time.
edit on 13-11-2012 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the correction, i always thought it came out close to Y2K bug. That is strange because the words sure sound like he was referring to Y2K..but it was about standard turn of century end times like happens every other century.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

Before Y2K the same urgency was promoted. The world would end when the computers couldn't read 16 bits (2000) instead of 8 ('99). The movie then about it (sort of) was called "Strange Days". Not bad, back then...

Here we go again.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
reply to post by Xaphan

It's Bobby Fischer the chess champion, I like your Ricky avatar

Haha thanks

Wow, I didn't even think that show reached any popularity outside of Canada.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I just think there is bigger things going on at the moment, but I'd say around December there may be some noise. On the other hand, It's around probably the biggest holiday of the year and not much, if anything will be said from msm until the 21st.

My prediction... Nothing catastrophic will happen this year and almost everyone will still be alive come 2013.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Kodiac12 because: typo

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The media has had other things to terrify people with lately. They'll perk up a bit when the election vitriol pipes down. People crave doom so they can have a do-over, especially if its from some outside force they can't be blamed for. No such luck, puny humans, no one is coming to save you from yourselves, and it really is and always will be all your fault.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kodiac12
I just think there is bigger things going on at the moment, but I'd say around December there may be some noise. On the other hand, It's around probably the biggest holiday of the year and not much, if anything will be said from msm until the 21st.

My prediction... Nothing catastrophic will happen this year and almost everyone will still be alive come 2013.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Kodiac12 because: typo

There is a good point there. Hyping stories that will not have any effect on their ability to sell ad space and in fact may bring in more readers of those ads is, for the media, a good thing. But promoting an event that may discourage people from buying from those advertisers, and in their most important selling season yet, would be financial suicide for them. Their advertisers, once they figured out what was happening, would pull their ads at near light speed and place them where they would not be seen by a public scared out of their buying minds.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
It won't be headline news, but I'd not be surprised to see a few tabloid newspapers run non serious stories on the 22nd Dec on how the world failed to end yet again

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It's a simple matter of over hype mixed with anticlimaticism. For at least 5 years now their have been hundreds of books and "documentaries," about 2012, usually with exaggerated facts and speculations. Most cultures may have had speculations of a time of change, but they do not all line up, and only the Mayans, in a couple of "documents," had mention of 2012. Also, just recently 2012 was in the news since archaeologists recently discovered another mention of 2012, though this time with clear suggestions that the world is expected to go on (according to the Mayans.) I am burned out on 2012, and the pseudo-science of it all. I would even like to believe, wanted to believe that something would happen, but I can't. So a better thread title would be, "Why are people burned out on 2012?" The reasons are simple. A) Many of us are old enough to have gone through other apocalyptic scares, in 2000, and Campings' deal.. The world always goes on. B) We were set up to believe that many changes would occur in the year 2012 leading up to the epoch changing day in December. So far the year is relatively ordinary. C) The people who believe in 2012 misquote and take out of context other cultures such as Egyptian, Hindu, etc. to make their point. This is because most of the books and documentaries written about the subject had also played loose with the truth in order to sell more. Sensationalism and marketing at its finest.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

There are a million 2012 nutjobs out there much crazier than harold camping ever was.... People giving lectures, writing books, doing all sorts of crazy events..... And no media coverage? Come on man.

There are a few wackos out there with limited draw talking about 2012.

Camping created the news by spending his own cash.

There is no news to cover when it comes to 2012. If the 2012 wackos started creating news by putting up their own billboards or applying for marching permits or something else along these lines then they would be moving towards becoming newsworthy. Right now they are no more newsworthy than meetings of the local Kiwanis, or Moose Lodge, or bird clubs.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
People are comparing 2012 to Y2K. They are very different. Back in 2000 there was a wacko scare called the 5-5-00 alignment. That was a great planetary alignment that was supposed to rip the Earth apart. That and the Millennium claims were more like 2012. The computer issue was not like 2012 claims.

The lack of knowledge of the great alignment claims suggests how little people will remember the 2012 claims. In a decade the ridiculousness of 2012 will be forgotten and another just as ridiculous story will replace it.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
its not disturbing at all, maybe it would have been disturbing iff the world was ending on the dozenish dates predicted to this time, or iff there was an second sun by now, allso predicted dozenish times, or if the ancient gods came warning us, or iff there was ANYTHING at all ANYTHING that would support this claim, but aws time passes it is more and more clear that this is crud (atleast the world ending) from second suns to pole shift to ancient god coming, this is just people realizing that this is nothing more than bullkrud... I mean where do people even get theese ideas, second sun? like where is it allrdy?!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I can kind of see your point and do think it is valid in the sense that Y2K was based on a real technologically based short coming that may have affected our economic system. At the same time though, people do not put strict blocks in their minds between science and fantasy, so the Y2K bugs was a jumping off point for many people to add on their millennial end of the war fantasies.
Also, 2012 has gotten much more attention than the 5-5-00 alignment. I first heard of 2012 when I read a Terrence Mckenna book in 1993. I heard of 2012 leading up to Y2K, from the underground hippie psychedelic set, which did not interpret 2012 as the end of the world I might add. I was familiar with 2012 for 7 years when the 5-5-00 thing happened without my knowledge, in fact I just heard about it for the first time in your post. In the last 10 years you can go into most bookstores and they will actually have a 2012 stand for all the 2012 books. There have been movies made about it as well. 10 years of hardcore coverage, 30 years at least, of coverage for those that had their ear to the ground. I knew of 2012 in 1993, never heard of the great alignment (maybe I forgot it.) However this great alignment was never subject to as much philosophy, speculation, and media... I am pretty sure I will remember 2012 much better in the coming years then even Y2K. I was exposed to it for much longer.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by Xaphan

Wow, I didn't even think that show reached any popularity outside of Canada.

Yeah, I've seen all of them (including the films), it's a great show, I caught it by chance on Comedy Central on Sky, then watched them through on youtube.

Okay, derail over...

edit on 14-11-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka

December 21st, 2012. From the linked article: "The head of this presumed sect, Judy Zebra Knight, claims be in contact with Ramtha, a Lemurean warrior who fought the residents of the mythical Atlantis 35,000 years ago...

weird..... would that be laura jz knight of the casiopean project

per chance??

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cjttatu

Nope
Judy Zebra Knight Ramtha´s School of Enlightment
Picture of Judy

Cassiopaen Project Laura Knight-Jadczyk
Cassiopae project

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
reply to post by cjttatu

Nope
Judy Zebra Knight Ramtha´s School of Enlightment
Picture of Judy

Cassiopaen Project Laura Knight-Jadczyk
Cassiopae project

thought she might have started a new one
she moved to france didn't she.

to the op if theres an agenda to 'no news' maybe they don't wanna fuel the
nuts who might already be stockin up on kool aid and be blamed for it when nothing happens.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join