It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Article Bashes the Growing Number of People That Question Mass Media

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Ummm no, it's designed to misinform Americans to keep them dumbed down and not know what is really happening in the US or elsewhere. We used to talk about how the Pravda Ru was a centrally controlled KGB outlet for disinfo and how the Russian people were being lied to. Now it's the other way around, it is Americans being lied to through our centrally controlled disinfo outlets. Except Pravda was more like the only news agency in Russia... truly the official Politburo centralized media. In America we have our choice of controlled media.

The difference is that you can go find out the same facts the MSM gathers. You can decide for yourself if they are good facts or bad facts. The media is not doing anything TO you. They don't come into your house and pry your eyes open and make you watch the TV and then hypnotize you to believe they're only a bunch of gray aliens having a frat party. THEY don't make you think anything. YOU choose what to think. YOU choose what to believe.

There is no MSM without a MSA (Audience). Do you know there are 36 different news sources on the TV and radio everyday, and they all have facts too? Some of them may even have the correct facts, but what fun is that? It's better to listen to the outrageous "facts" that are enough for you to justify why you feel bad about your life.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
S&F CE

As I've said many times, television is the weapon used to control the masses, I threw mine out years ago because watching it made me want to throw a brick at it.

A poster above mentioned sending emails to cnn with a link to this thread. At first I thought that was a good idea, but then I thought WHY GIVE THE ENEMY INFO. The very best thing any of us can do is to SWITCH THEM OFF.
If we dont watch them....they become useless.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Ha! 50 flags and only 2 pages of comments, not the usual 8-20. To me that means many agree but don't have words to express the how ludicrous mainstream media is.

I also AGREE, hence it's much easier to find a fitting quote which sums it up simply:

The bigger the information media, the less courage and freedom they allow. Bigness means weakness. ~Eric Sevareid, "The Press and the People," television program, 1959

And on a lighter note:
It was while making newspaper deliveries, trying to miss the bushes and hit the porch, that I first learned the importance of accuracy in journalism. ~Charles Osgood
edit on 14-11-2012 by elrem48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

What really makes me shake my head and laugh is when I read or am told..."It's TRUE, I heard it on CNN, FOX, MSNBC etc. etc." (Me) " Oohh...then it MUST be true!"

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
At least they had to go into detail. Sure most masons dont have the power to influence politics in a big way, but how crazy are we to think that large financiers could have an impact on the world stage.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Jess117

Off topic but, today I have seen my first attractive looking conspiracy chick! Hats off to that, there is a god!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
i don't listen to any of those...!
turn off the alpha waves.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flow101
Now I hope the people watching Fox News would follow their lead, but they won't, these people that watch Fox News are completely brainwashed and will buy every single thing they say.

Is Judge Napolitano an exception to that rule?

Lima-1, out.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

This guy is said to have paid for the georgia guidestones as well. Go figure!

"Soldiers killing themselves is good"... and "500 million population for earth" kind of go hand in hand IN LUNACY!

Thank you CorruptionExposed for another fantastic thread. Time to expose all the shenanigans while we still can.

Or how about a third party debate that was sponsored by russian state tv, because our private media are SELLOUTS to the republicans and democrats? Here it is(about 90 minutes long) so you need a good connection to watch.

edit on 14/11/12 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I can’t forget NAFTA, I still remember being pretty young and watching TV with dad, when Ross Parole paid for a spot on national TV to tell the world how bad it was. He had charts and graphs and everything. The media rip him a new one, and was making fun of his silly charts and feeding the people bunch stuff about how great NAFTA was. You couldn’t find a news outlet or media outlet that said a bad word about it. It was great; it was like old Parole was a lone gunman on that. The media was telling everybody how great it was…..yeah media doesn’t lie…Bulls—t!!!! But still so many people buy into everything on news, I guess the knew if you tell a lie enough times people will believe it.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tbrooks76

I guess the knew if you tell a lie enough times people will believe it.

Or have fox news tell everyone that obama is a marxist and uneducated morons believing it!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

They're laughing at conspiracy theorists. You dont think thats funny?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So let me ask this of all you mental giants. Where do you get your news from?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560

They're laughing at conspiracy theorists. You dont think thats funny?

No, I do not find it funny, do you?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
So let me ask this of all you mental giants. Where do you get your news from?

Not CNN

Hey Karen, weren't you just banned for being a notorious troll?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Of course the MSM is upset, they don't want people to think for themselves or do their own research, obviously people still pay close attention to the mass medias whoring for Obama,

They got him re-elected.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Wow there losing it , I can see them going down the drain at some point
edit on 15uThursday12 303010 by at1withharmony11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

Seems they can't go on their record.

An act of desperation for sure.

The internet is a good thing, we can directly communicate and analyse all the news that comes our way and run it through our crap filters.
Crap filters, yeah thats funny, on the second thought its not that funny, well our ''Crap filters'' are still a lot better than the average guy who watches main-stream-media, and believes their crap,

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I came across this article from "The Vigilant Citizen" website and thought I should share. Many of us are aware of the lies of the media but to have the media themselves ridicule those who question their lies is rather pathetic if you ask me, and to top it off it's CNN making this claim.

Good topic. We need to find a way to separate legitimate alternative news and history from "crazy" conspiracy theories. CNN is grouping all kinds of communications and causes in a generally ill-reputed group. We will figure a way forward in this situation, but it is going to take some doing.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I have a foolproof plan to beat the bankers. All it requires to succeed is positivity and people who will spread the solution. nomorebankers.weebly.com...

Ban Money and Everything Becomes Free

This may be a new concept for most because we have all been taught that we have to work and earn money to buy the goods we want and pay the bills. This is false. We have to use money because bankers found a way to rob all of us a long time ago by elevating themselves to the position of Kings of Earth by which they made all of us their subjects. Before bankers came along to outsmart the rest of us, people fended for themselves and traded food and services among each other for survival. There was no money.

Now, we have found ways to manufacture everything we need to live on this planet and distribute it to each other. We don't have to hunt and fish every day to find food. We go to a store and buy it. We use the bankers' money for everything. Well, what if we kept manufacturing and growing everything we needed and provided the services that we want to each other without paying the bankers for using the money that they print? We have 18 million vacant homes. They belong to the people of the USA. The bankers have stolen them from the people by raising the prices just high enough that nobody can afford to buy one without borrowing money from the bank. OK, so rock stars and athletes can pay cash but just about everyone else has to borrow the money. This is the trap that all of us are in. Without the banks, houses would be built for the cost of the labor and sold for the same price plus a profit for the smart guy who drew up the plans and arranged for all of the materials and labor to put the house together. With banks involved, the guy who builds the house sees a real estate market that's over inflated while he can keep hiring labor at a cheap rate. So, he doesn't make a reasonable profit for organizing the building, he makes a killing, whatever he can get from a buyer based on the values of other similar houses. For example, he might build a house for $100,000 and sell it for $300,000 giving himself a $200,000 profit. This is outrageous but that's what the market will bear so that's how it goes. The buyer has to put down $30,000 down to buy the house that was built for $100,000 and then has to pay the bank $270,000 plus interest. The interest over 30 years could be about $700,000 so the poor buyer is stuck with paying about $970,000 by the time the 30 years is up, for a house that actually cost only $100,000.

Why is it legal for bankers to do this? Doesn't everyone see the theft that's going on here? It's legal for bankers to do this because they bribed our Congress and blackmailed our president to let them rob us in 1913 when they were allowed to set up the Federal Reserve. Before that, loans were made with no interest so people didn't suffer for 30 years working like slaves just to have a place to live.

What if we built houses without bankers being involved in the process? The contractor could sell the house for $120,000, a reasonable profit for managing the assembly and accept payments himself. He would need some money to start so he could pay for labor and materials but he would make lots of money in the process and buyers would be able to pay it off much quicker. So, take it a step further. What if we all just kept doing whatever it is we do for work, accepted no pay and paid nothing for the goods and services we needed/wanted? Everything we do would still get done, goods would still be produced, services would be provided. Nothing would change except that nobody would have to use money for anything. All professions that have anything to do with money would vanish and those people could go do something useful instead and reduce the hours that the people would have to work at the useful jobs. Then we could add all of the unemployed into the mix and have them work someplace, thus reducing hours even further. We wouldn't be fighting each other to secure scarce jobs so that we had enough money to pay the bankers. Everyone would work fewer hours and we would have anything we wanted without having to worry about using the bankers' cash to pay for it. We would be working as a part of the human race to serve the rest of the human race, no bankers charging us for anything and making everything more difficult for all of us.

When 320 million of us tell the bankers and their bribed stooges in Congress that we're going to work to serve ourselves instead of bankers, there isn't a damn thing they can do to stop us. BECAUSE, the police, military, judges and everyone who now asserts authority over us because the bankers pay them to do so, those people are all part of us. They are now the bankers' enforcement. When they are faced with 320 million of us telling them we don't accept it any more, they will see the logic in our position and they will join us too.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join