It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Article Bashes the Growing Number of People That Question Mass Media

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I see, thanks swills. The comments are not loading on this computer, but I understand that they are there now.
The disabling surely has nothing to do with this site, I know. If only the comments remained open, so some of these smart ATSers could take a whack...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
News is no longer a reporting of facts but a carefully orchestrated and manipulated media with the purpose of maintaining power and making money for the the true power players. Their smoke and mirrors are being exposed and their response is to tell us to not look at the wizard behind the curtain. After all we are just a silly bunch of conspiracy nuts dressed like a lion, a tin man and scarecrow. Take your little dog and move on silly girl. Well guess what OZ we ain't buying it anymore!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Those were some worth-reading rants below, and the article itself reminded me that I can still sneer. How about that!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Amvi wrong or is noauthor listed lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

There are so many examples of blatant media manipulation that I could go on listing them for ever but a few examples are the fake first Gulf war broadcast CNN made,

Fortunately, I was part of this. It goes beyond this. However, if you "believe" truth should be included that those of the powers that be are not sworn to protect the innocent per the Constitution then you should consider that Saddam Hussein had intell based upon 24 hour satellite fed free from CNN and tell "Mrs. Maples" that in the name of free journalism her sons needed their locale broadcasted across the Middle Eastern world. Once you do that pretentious friends let us tell our real names and locations. Let us make it personal. I am proud of the disinfo group I served with. Now, decipher the host. Decipher your paranoia and sign your name to ATS like the forefathers signed not only the Declaration of Independence, but the Constitution, Federalist Papers, and the Documents of Confederation. Screw the conspiracy websites tailored to pick up the fringe advertising the marketers can not pick up.

Remember this,........the Desert Storm Operation under Bush and Powell had the least return on US deaths per enemy casualty of any conflict. I think we lost 294.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

Until recently,I would check cnn.com for breaking news. They had a Breaking News icon on the bottom left. Then they removed it. I would then enter "breaking news" into the site's search bar at the top right of the CNN home page. Guess what they did, starting about 2 weeks later? They started sending me off-site to a search engine which would refer me to a site such as Wikopedia, for a definition! ("Breaking News": "news that's imminent, happening now") The only breaking news left on cnn.com is "This Just In" just down from the upper left. All one finds here is stale celebrity news and the like.
People here already know where to turn for alternative news. But when you desire a quick update for the kind of events CNN used to report (such as an earthquake,political update,or economic report), I suggest "breakingnews.com" . Keep in mind, this works at the time of this posting, but could,at any moment ,turn into just one more celebrity gossip blog!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I came across this article from "The Vigilant Citizen" website and thought I should share. Many of us are aware of the lies of the media but to have the media themselves ridicule those who question their lies is rather pathetic if you ask me, and to top it off it's CNN making this claim.

vigilantcitizen.com...

Here is a portion from the CNN article:

Still 'paranoid' after all these years

“Yesterday’s paranoid types feared elite groups such as the Illuminati and the Masons. Today’s bogeymen include the members of the Rockefeller-founded Trilateral Commission and the politicians and financiers who attend the monied confab at Bohemian Grove and are suspected of mapping out the “new world order.”

The VC article points out that Ted Turner who is the owner of CNN is part of some of these organizations such as the CFR and is a Bilderberg group which he has visited in the past.

Have the followers of alternative news finally made media corporations such as CNN so desperate that they need to demonize those who question the lies they peddle on a daily basis?

I have seen an increase in mainstream sources poking fun at those "crazy conspiracy theorists" and in my opinion it shows how desperate they are to influence public opinion away from the truth and back to their lies but the line has been crossed. There are so many examples of blatant media manipulation that I could go on listing them for ever but a few examples are the fake first Gulf war broadcast CNN made, and then the BBC claiming WTC 7 collapsed while it was clearly still visible in the skyline on live camera.

How dare we question these people and their lies

I doubt that any of the information I shared is new to most members but I wanted to point out the tactics that CNN have resorted to.

MSM that is calling people who doubt MSM paranoid, hmmm curiouser and curiouser...

Like anybody with a brain actually takes anything CNN says serious.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

The sheep of today dont want to find the truth. They want to be reassured and safe. Fear and apathy rule the day and the main stream media preys on the weak of mind like a chicken hawk in the coup.

Pointing fingers left and right over the issues is the way of today. I always love it when I hear about how the people are finally waking up.
In all of history the people of this once great country take the cake for being the most blind.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
This is easy to look at as something that is out "there" which you are watching happen but, you must realize if you don't already, that YOU are the reason the tides are shifting.

You are the reason that the MSM is running scared.
You are the reason this article was posted.

Every time YOU create a thread or reply to a thread which exposes and undermines these pathetic lying A-holes, your message is being read by more that just the people replying to the thread.

Groups like this are having an impact world wide.
It may not be a single thread or a single post that does it.
It is the constant chipping away at people's world view and sense of reality.
It is the thought provoking questions as much as the terrifying answers, which are forcing people to question everything they thought they knew.

ATS is not an island unto its self nor are YOU.
You, me, WE are having an effect and it is getting more and more obvious.

This is the most exciting time in the history of mankind to be alive.
If you don't see that by now then you will soon enough.

Keep the great threads and posts coming.
Share EVERYTHING you find which exposes this crap to EVERYONE you can.
FACEBOOK the # out of every article you come accross which undermines these scumbags (The NWO,MSM,Corporate Elite,Corrupt Politicians etc).

You may think that everyone will think you're crazy but, I've got news for you.
"WE" are quickly becoming the majority.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This reminds me of the following thread I started not too long ago-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The elite love the label 'conspiracy theory', their agenda to ridicule anything that questions the 'offical' version of events is incredibly blatant yet we have to remember, it works as a strategy against the vast majority of the masses.

"Conspiracy theory" is usually used as a pejorative label, meaning paranoid, nutty, marginal, and certainly untrue. The power of this pejorative is that it discounts a theory by attacking the motivations and mental competence of those who advocate the theory. By labeling an explanation of events "conspiracy theory," evidence and argument are dismissed because they come from a mentally or morally deficient personality, not because they have been shown to be incorrect. Calling an explanation of events "conspiracy theory" means, in effect, "We don't like you, and no one should listen to your explanation."

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Only imbeciles digest commercial media and news reporting.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Paranoid, wingnut, delusional, lunatic fringe, conspiracy nutter am I , Orly CNN ? Stop trying to seduce with such pillow talk , boy golly oh gee that will win over some support
Oh You!

Well then I wear that badge with honor then, and that's Mr Tin foil hatter to you CNN !

Seriously the MSM has jumped the shark and they know it. They are on borrowed time now.

It seems like they really have nothing to lose since all MSM's credibility is shot to hell. Enough sensationalism, partisan propaganda and superficial worship of false idols/celebs/political pawns and the people begin to wonder. They begin to talk, they look for other avenues that will suit their desires and questions that burden them. I think it really started to wear thin on people post 911 living with the constant fear factor of terrorist threats every day playing on patriotism. People naturally ask there has to be something more? Then came the true death of journalism and now we are left with a reality show with dolled up beauty queens reading jive from a teleprompter , it is absolutely absurd. The controllers telling what these minions to write and report underestimate the intelligence of the masses and over look our common sense. They figure if they feed us enough garbage we become what we eat.

This is why they are lobbying to pass more bills to undermine our rights on the internet without our consent undermining our constitution. Like the last election for example building up the two actors Obama and Romney as saviors or villains in the dog and pony show "these two candidates are my option?" something is afoot no? It's going to come back and haunt them. As more and more people have internet access TV networks are losing viewers and switching over to internet instead of cable and satellite. People are spending more and more time on youtube and stumbling on to more alternatives such as web sites and getting that taboo info the MSM brand as blasphemy, the juicy stuff confirmation that in the gut feeling something is horribly wrong. Then begin to question everything. That is what is happening now that the power brokers are losing their strangle hold on the hearts and minds of the masses. So now they are lashing out like a spoiled dysfunctional child. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Think of the networks as a dysfunctional family but family never the less.

This is the part where they try to shut us down but it's a very serious gamble they are willing to take. Because in doing so there are many variables involved. It can and will back fire. They are NOT as smart as you may think, cunning and diabolical yes however they are very much outnumbered and only have so many pawns willing to betray humanity. Propaganda has a life span, and empires fall. Yes all is lost. Time to show us your true face MSM / puppet masters..

A Dog yawns & wags the tail while Walter Cronkite rolls in his grave

TL;DR

edit on 13-11-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

All you need to do is reach one person.

Im over 2000 post count easy Im sure....

Im am more than positive my words pissed someone off enough at some point to where they may have tried to taint my Iced Tea.

///maybe Ted Turner himself

//I may have to get a restraining order..

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

The author is Todd Leopold. His twitter is here: Todd Leopold Twitter

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
They closed the comments hahahahaha because virtually all of them portray mainstream news as total bullbutter.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
dbl post
edit on 13-11-2012 by mykingdomforthetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I was wonder when something like cnn would bring up something like this. It's actually pretty obvious, if you have the masses eating up everything the jr. dictator says as if it's from on high then the easier it is to do what ever you want. But if you have people that see what is happening and refuse to roll over, then we have a problem. And the answser is one of two things: First, do as the story says make the non-believers out to be nut cases, if that don't work . . . well, we know where that's heading.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The MSM seems unable to cover valid and important news, like the secession movement that is forming right now.

It seems that we may have to find other ways to get information and get our voices heard.

petitions.whitehouse.gov...
The U.S. military is heavily engaged abroad, so dealing with a secessionist crisis poses new challenges. The possibility of secession raises other equally unpleasant possibilities, such as the potential for splits in the military.

The petition above is a way of addressing the issue of national defense, a jab at Texas, and a way of protesting secessionists, if you are so inclined.

Send a message to the White House, and maybe MSM will start paying attention to what really matters... the survival or dissolution of the Union.

Thanks,

R

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

Before I fully respond, are you saying you were part of the fake CNN broadcast and that you support this type of journalism?

I just want to make sure I understood properly before I comment.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Not the CNN "DIRT" again!

Nowadays, people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join