It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Article Bashes the Growing Number of People That Question Mass Media

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

So basically what you're saying is that American news isn't meant to truthfully and factually inform Americans, but it's whole design is to misinform other nations? Do I have that right? And you are proud to have been a part of this?
Gotcha!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I know this may deviate slightly from the topic of American media and news.... but I read this earlier and it blew my mind... not that i should be surprised... this is what the Russians think...
english.pravda.ru...

Very interesting, to say the least...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Star, flag, and a medal if I were authorized to give you one. This cannot be threaded enough, imo!

I can only hope that the people who voted for Romney or Obama are reading this thread.

MSM = bunk.

Lima-1, still defending this country from all enemies, foreign and domestic, out.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Just glad I'm not drinking their kool-aid, lol.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I agree with you. We are having an effect. They know that whatever they say is going to have to pass our review and scrutiny. They are reduced to demean us with their tactic of calling us all paranoid conspiracy kooks.
It is the internet and sites like ATS that must fight to keep us free to do that work of denying ignorance. Thank you cowardly lion, rusty tin man, mindless scarecrow, Dorothy and Toto. Let's keep pulling back the curtain and exposing the lies!!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Now I hope the people watching Fox News would follow their lead, but they won't, these people that watch Fox News are completely brainwashed and will buy every single thing they say.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
Fortunately, I was part of this. It goes beyond this. However, if you "believe" truth should be included that those of the powers that be are not sworn to protect the innocent per the Constitution then you should consider that Saddam Hussein had intell based upon 24 hour satellite fed free from CNN and tell "Mrs. Maples" that in the name of free journalism her sons needed their locale broadcasted across the Middle Eastern world. Once you do that pretentious friends let us tell our real names and locations. Let us make it personal. I am proud of the disinfo group I served with. Now, decipher the host. Decipher your paranoia and sign your name to ATS like the forefathers signed not only the Declaration of Independence, but the Constitution, Federalist Papers, and the Documents of Confederation. Screw the conspiracy websites tailored to pick up the fringe advertising the marketers can not pick up.

Remember this,........the Desert Storm Operation under Bush and Powell had the least return on US deaths per enemy casualty of any conflict. I think we lost 294.

294 deaths in ~100 hours is 2.94 deaths/hour. Vietnam was 0.33 deaths/hour. That's quite a bit higher, add to that the fact that most Iraqi's surrended after only minor fighting. Fake news is worse than no news, it doesn't benefit the country.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This has Rhyme and Reason.

Manchurian Newsman Syndrome.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
s&f

My comedy channel? Fox news
My news channel? Comedy central ..... What has this world come to?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The collapse of the most widely used control mechanism of society, mainstream media via television, coincides with global economic collapse and the end of an age.

Not surprised how they are branding people that are actively dropping out of such hypnotics as enemies - they're just following orders.

All part of the game.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Floydshayvious because: spellz

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

easy do your own research, look into what you think is true, find your own fact's don't be a sheep......

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
CNN lost me in 08 and they won't ever get me back... at least not likely anyway. In 08 they proved exactly what they were.... a bunch of shills for communism. Yep thats right communist news network

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by trouble4fun

easy do your own research, look into what you think is true, find your own fact's don't be a sheep......

I agree with you about doing our own research and looking into what is true and what is false, but for the "sheep" you mentioned, it's not so easy for them as they are indoctrinated with these lies from the beginning of their lives and many of them are unwilling to grasp the concept that perhaps almost everything they have been told is a lie, so in essence it's not as easy as you say and does require a bit of guidance only if they are willing of course. You cannot make a blind person see if they choose to be blind.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RooskiZombi

Oh yah because Jon Stewart is so unbiased

All the news is controlled. It all comes from a few major outlets. Al Jazeera is just the arabic brand of controlled opposition.
edit on 13-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by danimaltex
I know this may deviate slightly from the topic of American media and news.... but I read this earlier and it blew my mind... not that i should be surprised... this is what the Russians think...
english.pravda.ru...

Very interesting, to say the least...

Just to let you know, Pravda was the official disinfo news site for Russia during the heyday of communism and the Cold War. I love how you believe them now. But considereing they are sporting an article bragging the end of American Capitalism..... is anyone surprised they would say that? Oh yes their man in the WH is doing a splendid job for them.

And how many voted for his re election based on redistribution schemes? Or they didn't have a clue and thought it was just about gay marriage.

Oh that ex KGB guy Yuri was right about all those sleepers rising up to lead in every social issue to stir up the hornet's nest and cause destabilization.

[
edit on 13-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Cable News Network (CNN) is a U.S. cable news channel founded in 1980 by American media mogul and philanthropist Ted Turner.[1][2] Upon its launch, CNN was the first channel to provide 24-hour television news coverage,[3] and the first all-news television channel in the United States.[4] While the news channel has numerous affiliates, CNN primarily broadcasts from its headquarters at the CNN Center in Atlanta, the Time Warner Center in New York City, and studios in Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles. CNN is owned by parent company Time Warner, and the U.S. news channel is a division of the Turner Broadcasting System.[5]

CNN is sometimes referred to as CNN/U.S. to distinguish the American channel from its international counterpart, CNN International. As of August 2010, CNN is available in over 100 million U.S. households.[6] Broadcast coverage extends to over 890,000 American hotel rooms,[6] and the U.S broadcast is also shown in Canada. Globally, CNN programming airs through CNN International, which can be seen by viewers in over 212 countries and territories.[7] Starting late 2010, the domestic version CNN/U.S., is available in high definition to viewers in Japan under the name CNN HD.

GENERAL ELECTRIC
Television Holdings:
* NBC: includes 13 stations, 28% of US households.
* NBC Network News: The Today Show, Nightly News with Tom Brokaw, Meet the Press, Dateline NBC, NBC News at Sunrise.
* CNBC business television; MSNBC 24-hour cable and Internet news service (co-owned by NBC and Microsoft); Court TV (co-owned with Time Warner), Bravo (50%), A&E (25%), History Channel (25%).
The "MS" in MSNBC
means microsoft
The same Microsoft that donated 2.4 million to get GW bush elected.

Other Holdings:
* GE Consumer Electronics.
* GE Power Systems: produces turbines for nuclear reactors and power plants.
* GE Plastics: produces military hardware and nuclear power equipment.
* GE Transportation Systems: runs diesel and electric trains.
======================================…

WESTINGHOUSE / CBS INC.
Westinghouse Electric Company, part of the Nuclear Utilities Business Group of British Nuclear Fuels (BNFL)
whos #1 on the Board of Directors? None other than:
Frank Carlucci (of the Carlyle Group)

Television Holdings:
* CBS: includes 14 stations and over 200 affiliates in the US.
* CBS Network News: 60 minutes, 48 hours, CBS Evening News with Dan Rather, CBS Morning News, Up to the Minute.
* Country Music Television, The Nashville Network, 2 regional sports networks.
* Group W Satellite Communications.
Other Holdings:
* Westinghouse Electric Company: provides services to the nuclear power industry.
* Westinghouse Government Environmental Services Company: disposes of nuclear and hazardous wastes. Also operates 4 government-owned nuclear power plants in the US.
* Energy Systems: provides nuclear power plant design and maintenance.
VIACOM INTERNATIONAL INC.
Television Holdings:
* Paramount Television, Spelling Television, MTV, VH-1, Showtime, The Movie Channel, UPN (joint owner), Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Sundance Channel (joint owner), Flix.
* 20 major market US stations.
Media Holdings:
* Paramount Pictures, Paramount Home Video, Blockbuster Video, Famous Players Theatres, Paramount Parks.
* Simon & Schuster Publishing.
DISNEY / ABC / CAP (donated 640 thousand to GW's 2000 campaign)
Television Holdings:
* ABC: includes 10 stations, 24% of US households.
* ABC Network News: Prime Time Live, Nightline, 20/20, Good Morning America.
* ESPN, Lifetime Television (50%), as well as minority holdings in A&E, History Channel and E!
* Disney Channel/Disney Television, Touchtone Television.
Media Holdings:
* Miramax, Touchtone Pictures.
* Magazines: Jane, Los Angeles Magazine, W, Discover.
* 3 music labels, 11 major local newspapers.
* Hyperion book publishers.
* Infoseek Internet search engine (43%).
Other Holdings:
* Sid R. Bass (major shares) crude oil and gas.
* All Disney Theme Parks, Walt Disney Cruise Lines.

TIME-WARNER TBS - AOL (donated 1.6 million to GW's 2000 campaign)
America Online (AOL) acquired Time Warner–the largest merger in corporate history.
Television Holdings:
* CNN, HBO, Cinemax, TBS Superstation, Turner Network Television, Turner Classic Movies, Warner Brothers Television, Cartoon Network, Sega Channel, TNT, Comedy Central (50%), E! (49%), Court TV (50%).
* Largest owner of cable systems in the US with an estimated 13 million subscribers.
Media Holdings:
* HBO Independent Productions, Warner Home Video, New Line Cinema, Castle Rock, Looney Tunes, Hanna-Barbera.
* Music: Atlantic, Elektra, Rhino, Sire, Warner Bros. Records, EMI, WEA, Sub Pop (distribution) = the world’s largest music company.
* 33 magazines including Time, Sports Illustrated, People, In Style, F

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by sirjunlegun

So basically what you're saying is that American news isn't meant to truthfully and factually inform Americans, but it's whole design is to misinform other nations? Do I have that right? And you are proud to have been a part of this?
Gotcha!

Ummm no, it's designed to misinform Americans to keep them dumbed down and not know what is really happening in the US or elsewhere. We used to talk about how the Pravda Ru was a centrally controlled KGB outlet for disinfo and how the Russian people were being lied to. Now it's the other way around, it is Americans being lied to through our centrally controlled disinfo outlets. Except Pravda was more like the only news agency in Russia... truly the official Politburo centralized media. In America we have our choice of controlled media.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
What if MSM is now creating these stories of Paranoia/conspiracy/crazy folks, etc. to try provoke those that have "awakened" to commit some revolutionary acts? That would put ultimate power in the hands of the Govt. if the "awakened" ones lost. Wouldn't it?
FEMA camps would be full.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

hahaha My dad knew about the Tri Lateral Comission in the 80's. I guess my deceased father was a paranoid conspiracy theorist....oh wait he was a business owner who worked his way up in the steel industry and experimented on old rebar in his quest to find the most non-corrosive metal alloys possible in order to help our subs elude detection by the Russian commies. Oh yes and a WWII veteran, painter, scuptor, reader, metallurgical engineer, civil defense leader for our community(back when there was any civil defense), and fluent in several languages including Russian.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

hahaha My dad knew about the Tri Lateral Comission in the 80's. I guess my deceased father was a paranoid conspiracy theorist....oh wait he was a business owner who worked his way up in the steel industry and experimented on old rebar in his quest to find the most non-corrosive metal alloys possible in order to help our subs elude detection by the Russian commies. Oh yes and a WWII veteran, painter, scuptor, reader, metallurgical engineer, civil defense leader for our community(back when there was any civil defense), and fluent in several languages including Russian.

Sounds like your pops was an awesome guy!

(NO SARCASM)
edit on 13-11-2012 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join