It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Levitating temple statues of antiquity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Murad

I'm guessing English is not your first language because if it was you would understand that I NEVER said that there were floating temples even in the quotes you just highlighted!

Plus the original quote Was provided for you by Hanslune and he gave you the link which means either you did not bother to read or you don't fully understand what you are reading!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Perhaps not the entirety of the temple itself, ill concede that, lazy english on my part to not differentiate between the temple structure itself as a whole and what actualy resided inside.

As for the Hanslune link, it was to a chapter about painting, on what materials artists find useful, what colours they use, how they are made and to what effect and also trends in painting such as using painting on bronze. Obviously you have not bothered to read it for yourself, which is strange.

I am also not entirely sure why you feel the need to act like a weirdo to a stranger on the internet with insults. Strange.

Anyway, all the best matey.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
luxus...you did well with this thread

just stay focused

ive been trying to find this technonlgy in egypt

it would be the most relevant if there is a symbolic tomb of osiris....everything we see..is a mimmick of AE

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murad
reply to post by LUXUS

Perhaps not the entirety of the temple itself, ill concede that, lazy english on my part to not differentiate between the temple structure itself as a whole and what actualy resided inside.

As for the Hanslune link, it was to a chapter about painting, on what materials artists find useful, what colours they use, how they are made and to what effect and also trends in painting such as using painting on bronze. Obviously you have not bothered to read it for yourself, which is strange.

I am also not entirely sure why you feel the need to act like a weirdo to a stranger on the internet with insults. Strange.

Anyway, all the best matey.

Gentlemen I just checked the link and it goes to Pliny's book and this is what it says

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

This is where your link takes me?

Link
edit on 14-11-2012 by Murad because: (no reason given)

But the qoute seems to exist, its all good.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Murad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Murad

Yes and then you go to Book XXXIV paragraph XLII or the easy way is put in Timocharis, as we discussed

Its Pliny's book

The link seems to go to book XXXV sometimes and then sometimes to the start of the volume, odd, the above is where you find it
edit on 14/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
hanslune and luxus

do we know WHERE ptolomey was intending on building this temple

because unlike all other invading countries

the egyptians liked the descendants of alexander...he liberated egyot from the persians

this is important

this means that they had the ability to build in the heartland

i know they rebuilt helipolis in the north
they rebuilt the horus temple in edfu
they also built the isis temple in giza

so they were active builders...BUT...as they came at the end of AE...what they were doing is actually rebuilding older landmarks...nothing new....well nothing new outside alexandria

so anyone know the location...it would help me alot
edit on 14-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Ah dude as it says in the link and the image

Temple of Arsinoe at Alexandria

Not sure what you are looking for but this is everything known to exist in ancient documents about Arsinoe

Arsinoe

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

Originally posted by RussianScientists
The iron magnets would definitely loose their power after a while. Seems like to me that they need to hook those iron plates up to some electricity and see what happens when they remagnetize those iron plates. I'll bet we would all see something very interesting happen.

If they used a huge container of magnetite sand as the main magnet they could periodically refresh the sand and thus the object would remain floating within the air.

Magnetite sand is even weaker (instead of being a solid bar, it's a bunch of particles with grains of sand and other things between them) -- and it's not a commonly found substance. If you've ever played with magnetic filings (a purer form than magnetite sand) you'll remember how weak the stuff is.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Magnetite sand is even weaker (instead of being a solid bar, it's a bunch of particles with grains of sand and other things between them) -- and it's not a commonly found substance. If you've ever played with magnetic filings (a purer form than magnetite sand) you'll remember how weak the stuff is.

Worse, when you dump them in bulk into a container, they flip around and stick to each other with reversed poles, cancelling out most of the field. What DOESN'T happen is that they all line up N-S-N-S from one side of the container to the next, top to bottom.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

The iron magnets would definitely loose their power after a while. Seems like to me that they need to hook those iron plates up to some electricity and see what happens when they remagnetize those iron plates. I'll bet we would all see something very interesting happen.

If they used a huge container of magnetite sand as the main magnet they could periodically refresh the sand and thus the object would remain floating within the air.

Magnetite sand is crushed loadstone so it has the same strength magnetically speaking as a lump of loadstone. I also found that loadstone can be got in huge chunks after further research so they either used a huge chunk of solid loadstone weighing 52 tons or they used a container filled with 52 tons of magnetite (crushed loadstone).

Non magnetic particles within magnetite can be easily removed by using a chunk of loadstone. The magnetic particles will stick to the chunk of loadstone and you dump the rest.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Worse, when you dump them in bulk into a container, they flip around and stick to each other with reversed poles, cancelling out most of the field. What DOESN'T happen is that they all line up N-S-N-S from one side of the container to the next, top to bottom.

If the container has a base made from a ferromagnetic material and you sieve the magnetite into the container each particle will orientate itself so the flux lines point in one direction

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Natural magnets are far too weak to even consider that they may have been used for this purpose.

Lodestones are the strongest of natural magnets. You'd be lucky to pick up a paperclip with any lodestone placed more that three or four inches above it.

Fail.

Harte

Wrong! you need to understand that you can intensify the flux of any magnet by reducing its cross section. For example if you have a magnet with a diameter of 3 meters and you reduce its diameter at one end by a factor of 8 you intensify its flux by a factor of 8 also. 52 tons of magnetite with the correct geometry would produce a very powerful magnetic field!

If you reduce the cross section, you reduce the mass of the magnetite and reduce the field strength as well.

I am not wrong. The field strength of magnetite is very low compared to the weight of, say, a hollow iron ball.

You can intensify a miniscule magnetic field, sure. But the magnetic field still must obey the inverse-square law. What you describe can't even be accomplished with today's very strong electromagnets, and their field strength is literally millions of times that of any magnetite ever found.

Like I said, lets hook the iron sheets up to electricity and remagnetize them, maybe something will happen. After all, anyone that knows anything about Edward Leedskalnin knows that he was able to lift 30 ton stones all by himself with horse shoe magnets; and his stones weren't made of iron.

Harte, I guess your whole "theory" fails.

It's not "theory." It is scientific fact that I teach every day.

Also, the Coral Castle was built using magnetism, alright. The electromagnetism that is utilized in an electric winch, as anyone that looks at the photographic evidence can easily see.

Harte

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

No you dont reduce its mass, I'm talking about a cone shaped magnet. In a cone shaped magnet the flux lines are bunched together at the end with the smallest cross section which intensifies the magnetic field which in turn amplifies the pulling power of that magnet. You can have the same mass of magnetite (52 tons) but as a cone rather then a cylinder.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Luxus please build one then that will solve the problem

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Luxus please build one then that will solve the problem

Haha If I got funding I would love to build a temple with a levitating statue but its just a little outside my budget

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Scale it down to say a half meter size

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Like I said, lets hook the iron sheets up to electricity and remagnetize them, maybe something will happen. After all, anyone that knows anything about Edward Leedskalnin knows that he was able to lift 30 ton stones all by himself with horse shoe magnets; and his stones weren't made of iron.

Harte, I guess your whole "theory" fails.

Quoting Harte from above:
"It's not "theory." It is scientific fact that I teach every day.
Also, the Coral Castle was built using magnetism, alright. The electromagnetism that is utilized in an electric winch, as anyone that looks at the photographic evidence can easily see.
Harte

I don't care that you teach kindergarten class every day Harte.

You need to wake up and read about Edward Leedskalnin and watch TV shows that describe what he did. Edward had made a fantastic discovery that seems to evade all of the rest of us. I suspect that same discovery could be rediscovered if they electrofied the sheets of iron between the stones in these temples.

A truck driver pulled up along side of one of the 20+ ton stones that Ed had. The truck driver stated there was nothing around to lift it. He stated he was thirsty and asked if he could get a drink, Ed told him to go ahead and get himself a drink of water. He came back only a few minutes later at the most, and the stone was already loaded onto the back of the semi trailer with Ed the 90 pound man standing there alone, and there was no equipment in sight. (show referred to was "In Search of")

IF you looked at the winch, and the chains, and the pole tripod that Ed had, you could easily see that none of those could have possibly been capable of lifting the 20+ ton stones; let alone any of the smaller 5+ ton stones, or the massive 30 ton stones.

So.... lets see your supposed photographic evidence of some equipment that Ed had that was capable of MECHANICALLY lifting the 30 ton stone like you state!

IF you had watched TV and gotten real evidence you would have seen that even a huge modern 600+ horse power crane was not capable of lifting the stone, it could barely lift one end and dragged it with much difficulty; and that's with a huge modern 600+ horse power crane. Ed didn't have even one horse power running through his 90 pound frame.

So... that shot your whole HARTE BS story full of holes.

I pity your students, having to listen to your supposed scientific fact everday like you state above; yet you can't prove what you state.

Where is your proof that Edward Leedskalnin had equipment "mechanically strong enough" to lift 30 ton stones onto a tractor trailer bed without crushing Eds equipment before the stone got off the ground? Show us the photographic evidence of chains and tripod poles strong enough to lift 30 ton stones 5-6 feet in the air and then swing them over 10 feet or so onto the back of the trailer bed of a semi in a matter of minutes.

The Internet is your domain for finding those pictures. Where are they? Oh... that's right, they don't exist.
edit on 15-11-2012 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Still very expensive! Look online for a chunk of loadstone, then you need to get it cut with a diamond saw to the correct geometry, then you need to get blocks machined from a ferromagnetic stone to build the pyramid, then I need to cast the hollow statue...how much do you think that would cost?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Still very expensive! Look online for a chunk of loadstone, then you need to get it cut with a diamond saw to the correct geometry, then you need to get blocks machined from a ferromagnetic stone to build the pyramid, then I need to cast the hollow statue...how much do you think that would cost?

Not really my problem now is it - you are making the claim and that is pretty much the only way to prove it?

Actually if you would look at the engineering departments of Indian Universities I suspect you'll find someone has tried this before

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join