It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Levitating temple statues of antiquity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
reply to post by Harte

No you dont reduce its mass, I'm talking about a cone shaped magnet. In a cone shaped magnet the flux lines are bunched together at the end with the smallest cross section which intensifies the magnetic field which in turn amplifies the pulling power of that magnet. You can have the same mass of magnetite (52 tons) but as a cone rather then a cylinder.

To make a magnetite cone, you must start with a much larger piece of magnetite.

You can't cast magnetite or it will lose its magnetic properties.

Hence, you have to reduce the amount of magnetite you started with to shape magnetite into a cone, and thus you will reduce the original magnetic fieled strength, which, as I said, wasn't much to begin with.

Harte

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

One has to ask why Ed used a winch here for a much smaller stone - and not magical powers, does that mean he only used this special power for the bigger stone? Probably not he just used a different mechanical means and not a tripod

edit on 15/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Or how about you start with 80 tons of loadstone and when you carve a cone out of it you are left with a cone weighing 52 tons

Or even better you just use 52 tons of magnetite sand and then you don't have to do any carving (actually I am going to order 6kg of this to experiment with)

I don't think you understand how the magnetic flux lines are concentrated in a conical magnet.
edit on 15-11-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

Like I said, lets hook the iron sheets up to electricity and remagnetize them, maybe something will happen. After all, anyone that knows anything about Edward Leedskalnin knows that he was able to lift 30 ton stones all by himself with horse shoe magnets; and his stones weren't made of iron.

Harte, I guess your whole "theory" fails.

Quoting Harte from above:
"It's not "theory." It is scientific fact that I teach every day.
Also, the Coral Castle was built using magnetism, alright. The electromagnetism that is utilized in an electric winch, as anyone that looks at the photographic evidence can easily see.
Harte

I don't care that you teach kindergarten class every day Harte.
It's high school physics and math, not that I would expect you to comprehend the difference.

You need to wake up and read about Edward Leedskalnin and watch TV shows that describe what he did. Edward had made a fantastic discovery that seems to evade all of the rest of us. I suspect that same discovery could be rediscovered if they electrofied the sheets of iron between the stones in these temples.

I see.

So, television productions are now acceptable as references? If that's true, then how come Mighty Mouse never comes when I call for him?

A truck driver pulled up along side of one of the 20+ ton stones that Ed had. The truck driver stated there was nothing around to lift it. He stated he was thirsty and asked if he could get a drink, Ed told him to go ahead and get himself a drink of water. He came back only a few minutes later at the most, and the stone was already loaded onto the back of the semi trailer with Ed the 90 pound man standing there alone, and there was no equipment in sight. (show referred to was "In Search of")
Anecdotes are now evidence?

Have you seen Ed's pics? They show him using an electric winch on a tripod - plain as day.

So, if he had some mysterious secret to lifting stones, why did he have the winch?

IF you looked at the winch, and the chains, and the pole tripod that Ed had, you could easily see that none of those could have possibly been capable of lifting the 20+ ton stones; let alone any of the smaller 5+ ton stones, or the massive 30 ton stones.

A winch in combination with a ramp will more than suffice to do any lifting required. The fact that you can't conceive of this doesn't affect the truth of it.

IF you had watched TV and gotten real evidence you would have seen that even a huge modern 600+ horse power crane was not capable of lifting the stone, it could barely lift one end and dragged it with much difficulty; and that's with a huge modern 600+ horse power crane. Ed didn't have even one horse power running through his 90 pound frame.

Read what you wrote. I'm supposed to "watch TV" to get evidence?

You lose right there. Thank you, but I'll rely on my Mechanical Engineering degree, if you don't mind, or even if you do.

Harte

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I might actually contact them, I remember that there is an institute in India dedicated to researching ancient Indian Science. They have even reproduced some of the metals talked about in the Vaimanika Shastra.

Was just looking at the price of hematite slabs, wow
!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Or how about you start with 80 tons of loadstone and when you carve a cone out of it you are left with a cone weighing 52 tons

Or even better you just use 52 tons of magnetite sand and then you don't have to do any carving (actually I am going to order 6kg of this to experiment with)

It was already explained to you by another poster that magnetite sand won't work because of the random directions in the magnetic force vectors produced by loose sand.

You excel at ignoring what is in front of your face. Do you know what word has "ignore" as a root?

Harte

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I might actually contact them, I remember that there is an institute in India dedicated to researching ancient Indian Science. They have even reproduced some of the metals talked about in the Vaimanika Shastra.

That last part shouldn't be surprising since the Vaimanika Shastra was written in the 20th century.

harte

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

reply to post by Harte

It was already explained to you by another poster that magnetite sand won't work because of the random directions in the magnetic force vectors produced by loose sand.

You excel at ignoring what is in front of your face. Do you know what word has "ignore" as a root?

Harte

AND I clearly explained HOW you get all those particles of crushed loadstone to lineup in the same direction did I not? You put a slab of ferromagnetic material at the bottom of the container and sieve the crushed loadstone into the container....now all the particles are polarized in the same direction!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Was just looking at the price of hematite slabs, wow
!

Good luck, maybe the Bharatiya Janata Party will fund you

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by Byrd

Magnetite sand is even weaker (instead of being a solid bar, it's a bunch of particles with grains of sand and other things between them) -- and it's not a commonly found substance. If you've ever played with magnetic filings (a purer form than magnetite sand) you'll remember how weak the stuff is.

Worse, when you dump them in bulk into a container, they flip around and stick to each other with reversed poles, cancelling out most of the field. What DOESN'T happen is that they all line up N-S-N-S from one side of the container to the next, top to bottom.

If the container has a base made from a ferromagnetic material and you sieve the magnetite into the container each particle will orientate itself so the flux lines point in one direction

Once you get away from the immediate vicinity of the magnetic material, the magnetic sand particles will experience a torque force, rotating them to neutralize it. In the end, the net remaining magnetic polarity in the mass will be of less intensity than that required to torque an average particle of magnetic sand 180 degrees.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Where is that torque force going to come from? Once you lock the first layer of particles so that all their poles are facing the ferromagnetic slab at the bottom of the container preceding layers of particles should join end on end forming NS-NS-NS-NS right through the volume of the container.

If you get a huge container of 1mm dia neo balls they lineup pole to pole, end to end, from one side of the container to the other. What your saying is that on a smaller scale some mysterious force will prevent this from happening?

edit on 15-11-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam
If you get a huge container of 1mm dia neo balls they lineup pole to pole, end to end, from one side of the container to the other. What your saying is that on a smaller scale some mysterious force will prevent this from happening?

With less powerful magnets, yes -- because they're less powerful and the force interaction isn't that strong. You can hang a bar magnet from the middle of a second bar magnet -- they don't have to line up.

As for a '52 ton block of magnetitie'... there's no such thing (check Wikipedia

However, I do invite you to try your ideas (even using Buckyballs if you like.) I've taught magnetism and had kids do these kinds of experiments so I'm aware of weight limits and how small the distance is needed to break something free of the field of the other magnet.

But I *do* encourage you (sincerely) to please run some experiments and come back to the thread and show us pictures (document the distance) of what you did. The most convenient way to measure "how far away for levitation" is to put sheets of paper between the object you want to "levitate" and the magnet. Magnetic force is not affected by paper.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Ah dude as it says in the link and the image

Temple of Arsinoe at Alexandria

Not sure what you are looking for but this is everything known to exist in ancient documents about Arsinoe

Arsinoe

My point was...if it was built in alexandria

then i believe it was most likely a replica/copy of an older temple somewhere in the south

i want to see/know what the aspects of the temple are

to see if they are elsewhere

personally...i believe, in a part of the osarion in abydos there was a floating coffin

thats why B
edit on 16-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

As far as we know it wasn't built, they probably ran into the same problem that has been noted in this thread, the idea doesn't appear to work, but it is a cool idea

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Surely Pharaoh this knowledge is locked away in your DNA, placed there by your ancient Egyptian ancestors...all you need to do is remember

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
ok ..lets use evidence

what are natural occuring magnets -

Magnetite

This iron oxide mineral, also known as lodestone (translated as ‘course stone’), was once used as a primitive compass, as it can be found naturally magnetised.

Pyrrhotite

The most common naturally magnetic mineral after magnetite, some pyrrhotite specimens have a weak amount of magnetism, enough to attract a paper clip.

Hematite

Often considered to be non-magnetic, atoms within a hematite crystal are seen to align with one another very slightly, indicating a tiny magnetic force.

the one that could be applied here is lodestone....next step..was any ever found in egypt??

Surely Pharaoh this knowledge is locked away in your DNA, placed there by your ancient Egyptian ancestors...all you need to do is remember

like in the game...assasins creed

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

ok ..lets use evidence

what are natural occuring magnets -

Magnetite

This iron oxide mineral, also known as lodestone (translated as ‘course stone’), was once used as a primitive compass, as it can be found naturally magnetised. (etc)

It's not very strong since it contains oxygen and other impurities. But -- I suggest you find some of these natural magnets (field collect them, please) and experiment with them. There's not a lot of iron in Egypt, no, and magnetite (a subtype of this ore) is not widely found there beyond the occasional nodule. I don't know of any place it's found in great quantities.

edit on 16-11-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

lets say...that i have a coffin full of monatomic gold

would a magnetite surrounding allow it to levitate

monatomic (white) gold is weightless right?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hematite can be magnetised and makes very good magnets, however naturally it is not found magnetised but it would be the best material from which to make the inner temple walls as it will conduct/shape the magnetic flux.

We are already told that the main magnet was made from loadstone so no need to search for anything else. The only way you could get this to work in my mind is to collect loadstones and crush them. Then you dump them into a container to form a huge magnet....Its the only possibility as far as I understand it.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
reply to post by Byrd

lets say...that i have a coffin full of monatomic gold

would a magnetite surrounding allow it to levitate

monatomic (white) gold is weightless right?

I don't think it even exists, I have never seen it anyway. I have seen powder that people say is monatomic gold but if you research into how they made it you will find out its just minerals they collected.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join