It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The Fire shortly after the explosion

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by salainen

So the fire burned the wood next to the building , but not the wood of the building that exploded and created the fire ?

It didnt even scortch the grass , that`s very odd in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

The Couple, (wife teacher, Husband sound engineer for local company) that died were not in the house that exploded....The house that exploded was owned but owners wife/child were in Ohio, Husband was not at house either.
edit on 11-11-2012 by diesel_actual because: added info

edit on 11-11-2012 by diesel_actual because: added

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToadInAHole

So the fire burned the wood next to the building , but not the wood of the building that exploded and created the fire ?

Consider other house fires, does grass usually burn? Also remember that the fire brigade was there pretty soon. It was a big fire, but it may not have spread onto the roads etc.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
does anyone know what kind of damage could be done with a 50 gallon drum of gun powder and other drums of chemicals mixed say like sodium nitrate and MethylEthylkeytone? Could it do this type of damage if set off by a cell phone timer.
edit on 11-11-2012 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
On the scanner last night it was said that the basement of the home was flooded..here's a theory>.failed sump pump, floods basement, pilot goes out on h20 heater and gas dryer flips over breaking the aluminum gas supply line, water continues to flood basement while gas continues to leak, water then reaches Fuse box, then BOOM!...this exact scenario happened in my home here in Indy minus the explosion because gas was shutoff..

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'm going to look smart and say it's a gas leak.

You have to figure that it's going to be officially decalred a natural gas explosion.

It would be nice to know the truth but do you think they're going to say they used a drone to shoot a missile at a house in Indianapolis? About as likely as it is for them to say E.T. crashed his flying saucer or a meteor hit a house.
The Russians? Not really seeing that one either. (although I'm pretty sure it wasn't the ruskies.)

I could see it being revealed that the people were domestic terrorists or something and were stockpiling weapons / explosives. Not very likely but if it is something more than a gas explosion I bet the homeowners will turn out to be bad guys even if it's not true. (s.o.p.)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by diesel_actual
reply to post by Tecumte

The Couple, (wife teacher, Husband sound engineer for local company) that died were not in the house that exploded....The house that exploded was owned but owners wife/child were in Ohio, Husband was not at house either.
edit on 11-11-2012 by diesel_actual because: added info

edit on 11-11-2012 by diesel_actual because: added

That's what I surmised. So I take it they were both found in the house next door.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by salainen

Yes , that much i gathered , but i`m asking - if most of the wood was fired away from the explosion how could a fire spread without fuel ?

It must have been a big explosion to throw the bricks around and damage near by homes , so if it was gas the fire ball would have been huge.

Note : the blue dye on the tips of the timber shows shoddy craftsmanship , a real craftsman trims them off to make the job look neat. Irellevant i know , but i`m a joiner (carpenter) by trade.

The fire didn't spread, hence the wood isn't burned... Fireball went upwards, not sideways. Homes very close burned, but only because they were close.

My bet is on a gas explosion.

I don't really go for the earlier idea of a malevolent organization showing off to authorities what it can do if it some demands are not met.

Take a look at the aerial photos taken in day light. There is a long dark smudge running house to house, or where three houses once stood side by side.

That to me says gas line.

As to the force of the explosion, well it is winter, and it was 11 pm at night. People close windows and close doors to keep in the warmth, and if it was gas that means an accumulation of it that exploded. The velocity of the material would have done damage to the neighboring houses, the shock wave was immense judging from the area of damage.

Two explanations why gas would be leaking.
1. The local gas company had simply cut costs to the bone over the years. It had failed to maintain or upgrade old infrastructure in the area.
2. People may have been playing with the gas line to get more out of it, or to get it for free. Times are hard after all.

Get ready for the big investigation that whitewashes the city office and the local gas company, and pins the blame on the couple that died.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by delusion
By what evidence is there any kind of 'info blockade', or reports that witnesses are forbidden from talking about this?
If there isn't any evidence for this, please don't claim there is.

When people are talking about natural gas, do they mean commercially supplied gas, or natural, wild, raw, uncontrolled gas residing under the ground? If it's commercially supplied, are they in tanks by the side of the house or in pipes under the ground? I'm not familiar with 'natural gas' so much over here, it may be more common in America.
delete
edit on 11-11-2012 by Maskander because: delete

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Was the house "For Sale"?

Hmmmm......nobody was home.......insurance money? Sounds crazy but I've heard of crazier things.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by salainen

Consider other house fires, does grass usually burn? Also remember that the fire brigade was there pretty soon. It was a big fire, but it may not have spread onto the roads etc.

Grass ends up scortched , the fire brigade was there pretty soon yes ,but i think their priority would be to put out the house fires , not the grass.

I doubt it spread into the roads as there is clearly a plastic "wheelie" bin and clothes in the images of the debri.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I don't know, maybe it's just me, maybe too much late night ATS sites,
but the for sale sign in that pic looks like a prop for whatever reason maybe just for taking a picture. It just deosn't look like what I would expect hanging in that way outside a home in that area.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Also gas is consumed very quickly in the burning process. Different to say fuel that tends to adhere and spray around everywhere.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by akira6968

IF a 100lb bomb were dropped on the house,

Why , oh , why would somebody want to drop a 100lb bomb on a residential house?

The 2 x teachers really are not a good enough reason.

Wasn't the house empty anyway?

UFO is way more plausible

I didn't say anyone WANTED to drop the bomb there. And I just closed the damn page I had opened that said "over the course of their use, military has f'd up like 70 drones" (paraphrasing, obviously).

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte

I don't know, maybe it's just me, maybe too much late night ATS sites,
but the for sale sign in that pic looks like a prop for whatever reason maybe just for taking a picture. It just deosn't look like what I would expect hanging in that way outside a home in that area.

I believe the for sale sign is for the house across the street...common to see this "for sale by owner signs" here

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Have the authorities completely ruled out an illicit drug-lab explosion?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
For what it's worth, I ran the calculations based on the way Hijinx was calculating it and also verified the various details (like comparative joules, etc. and got essentially the same results.

I also found this statement on a Google cached page from the Mythbusters forum:

TNT equivalent of 1 cubic meter of methane = 8.29 kilograms.

At the 5.8% concentration Hijinx mentioned, that would yield an equivalent to 1153 kg of TNT if that conversion is correct. For comparison, that's about 1/10th as powerful as the smallest US tactical nuclear weapon that's publicly known and also about 1/10 as powerful as a MOAB bomb, so it's pretty powerful. I was surprised.

I have no idea if it was a natural gas explosion or not. But it does sound like a house full of such a natural gas / air mix would produce a huge explosion that might be powerful enough to do this much damage or more.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This is a must watch-

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by akira6968

I didn't say anyone WANTED to drop the bomb there. And I just closed the damn page I had opened that said "over the course of their use, military has f'd up like 70 drones" (paraphrasing, obviously).

Thats all cool... Its just that.. An incoming object crashing out of the sky or falling out of the sky , intentionally or by accident, would leave different destruction pattern than this.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join