It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More footage of UFOs over Denver. Baffles aviation experts.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
reply to post by wonderboy2402

The "bugs" would have to be somewhat close to the lens for the camera to even pick them up.... and just like we clearly saw birds in one frame ..... if the bugs were close.... we would be able to see distinct details of flying insects.

edit on 14-11-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

The camera is not focused on the object (or bug imo) to show any distinct detail also notice how every other footage of the so called UFO is zoomed in and heavily contrasted.

Im my book unless you can rule out all possibilites you cant call this is a genuine UFO.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Denver 'UFO' Likely Has Earthly Explanation

Assuming that the TV station is not being pranked by the anonymous cameraman, it's not difficult to see how the insects could fool people. It's not necessarily that anyone is stupid or gullible; instead it's an optical illusion created by the camera representing a three-dimensional object in two dimensions.

Cases like this illustrate the difficulty of determining the size of objects when there is nothing nearby to judge scale. The unidentified flying objects can either be interpreted as large and moving very quickly a great distance away, or small, moving more slowly, and close to the camera. The images can look exactly the same.

If you assume that the objects are at a great distance, then they would have to be large, and flying at speeds (and with steering abilities) far beyond anything man-made.

However if you realize that the UFOs look identical to flying insects, the mystery vanishes. And, of course, the FAA tracks aircraft, not insects, which explains why no one saw any trace of them in the skies over Denver.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Good find Pauligirl
a star for you

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
I love how when an "expert" speaks out and says these objects are indeed UFOs ...... he's suddenly not an expert anymore.... just some guy with an opinion.

This happens quite often. Skeptics/hardcore debunkers are more biased than they are willing to admit. When an expert is saying something that resonates with the debunker's opinion, then that expert is always right no matter what. But when a legit expert says something that they don't want to hear, they immediately dismiss him and label him as a fringe pseudo-scientist charlatan.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

But when a legit expert says something that they don't want to hear, they immediately dismiss him and label him as a fringe pseudo-scientist charlatan.

When you want medical advice do you listen to a doctor or a plumber ?
The "Expert" is an expert in aviation , if he was asked to identify a plane or something to do with aviation then cool but this is outside the range of his expertise , I would put more store in the opinion of an Entomologist in this case as he could say either yes they're insects or no they aren't .

edit on 15-11-2012 by gortex because: bug in the system

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I wonder how many experts they had to go through before one was willing to say what they wanted them to say?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by Chadwickus

There is no claim whatsoever that these craft emit any kind of sound, and regarding seeing them, is already adressed. And it is not me making this claim, don´t try to bait me into your little trap, kthx.

The claimant is claiming the 'objects' are some distance away, so logically would larger than they look in the vid. He also claims to know the area in which they are landing. It is logical therefore that they do indeed land - would they still be too fast to see once they have landed?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
i'm no expert, but fly from time to time, used to fly a lot more as a younger guy, both real and R/C aircraft, rockets and model hot-air balloons. I was obsessed with planes for a long time.

that thing, whatever it is, is accelerating and decelerating at speeds that are not possible according to modern (civilian) knowledge, and definitely not possible with a manned aircraft unless the occupants are unconscious the entire time.

weird, weird stuff. But more weird stuff is happening these days, and more often.

wait, was it Nibiru?
edit on 15/11/2012 by outsidethesquare because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I don't suppose that local TV station can be bothered to have their people set up two shutter-synced video cameras on tripods. If they did capture the same thing with that kind of setup, it would be easy to determine whether or not it was an insect and even determine the size of the object as long as the cameras were at least 20 meters apart. There certainly appears to be sufficient space to do that at the location they showed, and If they don't know how to do it, Dr. Bruce Maccabee, I'm sure, would be happy to explain it to them.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
why don't they just setup the 1000fps+ HD cameras, hell shoot it in 4K

should get a good shot of it then.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
WOW...did you see what ever that thing is flipping through the air
...I have read almost this whole thread and cant believe that so many people can dismiss this footage with no proof either way...thats not the scientific process...its awful funny that scientist,FAA,Air force and just about every government and professional scientist wont even touch the subject of UFO's...Truly a forbidden topic.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Didn’t the guy say it could only be seen during certain hours and only on Wednesdays? If it’s suspected to be a bug, setting up two cameras 20 meters apart aimed straight out over the vista would reveal that by catching it on one camera but not the other, but also the story about being visible only during certain hours on a certain day of the week should be suspect. So attempts should be made at other times on any day of the week, with the dual camera setup, of course.

Will they bother? Ha!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
These are bugs, plain and simple. The "high tech" cameras are focused on our beautiful downtown skyline here in Denver, and therefore they cannot pick up the intricate details of the bug that is flying centimeters from their lenses.

The "metallic" look is simply a result of the cameras picking up an out of focus bug with sunlight on it's parts, while trying to focus on the aforementioned skyline.

The shot was taken in a muddy field where bugs are certain to be prevalent.

Consider it an IFO my friends.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Can the entomologists among us explain what types of bugs these may be that are flying around in the mountains in November?? Snarky bug proponents are welcome to chime in too.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spleenika
1: The guy claims he see's a UFO at a certain time each day.

2: Local Denver Fox media sets up a camera, and also captures the object on their film.

3: Aviation expert called in, can not identify.

= Most credible UFO story I have looked at in recent memory. S & F op, thanks for sharing!

For the same of objectivity, it may still be something man-made, or military. Nothing suggests high tech or aliens.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent
Can the entomologists among us explain what types of bugs these may be that are flying around in the mountains in November?? Snarky bug proponents are welcome to chime in too.

Why the mountains it wasn't filmed in the mountains!!!!!

Ok look here

Insects in Colorado

Quote from site

The third picture is of another Small Milkweed Bug, 26 November 2008 in Colorado Springs.

An insect in NOVEMBER !!!!!!!!

Now is it ok with YOU to claim WE might see bugs in November

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Looks like a Colorado fireassed hoochie bug. They fly at supersonic speeds, and blast fire out their rear ends. They only come out on Wednesdays at noon. Yeah it's a bug alright. Right.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hi all for those saying this is not a UFO can you explain what a UFO is!! i can its an Unidentified Flying Object!!
This means what it says it is not saying it is ET coming to visit or probes from another planet it means it is an Unidentified Flying Object!! once it has been identified man made or extra terrestrial it then an identified flying object.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Honestly have not read through all 23 pages...so I may be repeating something said earlier.

However, this object is said to appear regularly (in fact the Fox crew filmed it on their first try)...same time of day, same location, at least a couple of times per week.

So...unless the reporting of this has changed the pattern, it should be pretty easy to perform a series of observations. It should also be fairly easy, over a few days, to zero in on the launch point to get close up pictures and videos of the object.

Neverending debate about the existing videos would seem unnecessary if one only has to go out every day at noon and do the work necessary to narrow down the possibilities until the facts are determined...

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join