It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More footage of UFOs over Denver. Baffles aviation experts.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Originally posted by mc4denmark
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Yea she sure seems to be well educated. Guess some of the pro-bug people are going to take their words back again

Not until there is better video that makes it clear that these are not bugs.
Just because she is an entomologist, doesn't necessarily mean she adept at recognizing bugs in videos.
So despite ALL the publicity and lots of people supposedly heading to the site, we still don't have any better videos (using high frame rates to better capture fast motion).

So if we DO get confirmation these were just bugs, will people stop posting bug videos claiming they are "ultra-hi technology experimental aircraft" or "alien spacecraft"?

Note: Remember the "Roswell Rods"?

Note: At this point, I just think that a "bug explanation" seems likely. (Bugs or something else totally mundane). Always open to the remote possibility someone might someday stumble upon something more interesting.
edit on 28-11-2012 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

how many members here were crying out to get an entomologist to look into it because an aviation expert cant claim its not bugs?
now we have the entomologist who confirms not bugs!
and thats still not good enough for you?
the irony

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos
My question is this: why is this the only person reporting seeing these things? Video or not, if they are not bugs, other people must be seeing them as well right?

did you not click the link?
obviously not otherwise you would of known he wasnt the only one to film the phenomena
the news crew camera man also filmed it!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

post by GezinhoKiko
how many members here were crying out to get an entomologist to look into it because an aviation expert cant claim its not bugs? now we have the entomologist who confirms not bugs! and thats still not good enough for you? the irony

Lets see what Ann Hamilton has to say , Phil Plait contacted her to ask .

I was curious, so I called Hamilton. She relayed to me that she was shown only a few clips of the objects and was told that they were far away from the camera. So she was going on the idea that these were distant and therefore large objects. Also, the images are very fuzzy—again, consistent with insects seen up close and out of focus—which is why she couldn’t make out any body shape, or wings, or segmentation that would allow her to positively ID them as insects. That’s what she was saying in the clip.

“I did the best I could with what was shown to me,” she told me. And in my opinion, she didn’t have nearly enough information to go on, and some of the info she was given simply wasn’t correct. So in this case, contacting an entomologist did nothing to eliminate the possibility these are insects.
www.slate.com...

Here's what Larry Engel, the associate director of American University's Center for Environmental Filmmaking has to say

Life's Little Mysteries asked the opinion of Larry Engel, the associate director of American University's Center for Environmental Filmmaking, who has filmed insects both intentionally and inadvertently during his decades of work on science and nature documentaries. "I've spent a lot of time around bugs, whether for a film about mosquitoes, on the upper peninsula of Michigan filming bald eagles, or deep in Amazonian jungles. And they are indeed an issue when filming, especially with wide-angle cameras or small-format cameras, as each emphasizes or records objects, including dust and bugs, close to the lens," Engel wrote in an email, adding that he's resorted to applying bug repellant to a camera's sunshade or enlisting a fan-wielding assistant to prevent insects from crowding a shot. The KDVR UFO segment uses stylized, dramatic editing that seems to discourage objective analysis, and Engel notes that, with only the information available, "determining factually what's going on is nearly impossible." Still, his best guess is bugs. "I would suggest that these do look like insects, flitting about near the camera. But no one on the broadcast reports anything about insects in the field," he said.
news.yahoo.com...

Over three weeks on and still all we have is the video from KDVR , no raw footage of this "event" from Mr X ....you don't find that suspicious ?
The footage is of bugs , lets move on and prepare for the coming orange Orb invasion in a couple of weeks

edit on 3-12-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If you go to the address noted in the video, 56th and clay Denver and move to the back yard of the residence to the north you will see a geometric pattern. Search for similier patterns.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Since there are now crowds with cameras camped out at the site you would think there would be more footage.

The followup the news station did showed at least 15 people there with equipment.

If it's bugs you would think similar videos would be going up.

But if it's ufo's you'd think they'd show up too.

So my question remains, why no follow up videos?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slave2Fate
Using this video as a reference of known bugs it is fairly obvious that the Denver UFO's are also bugs.

Seriously, they're just bugs.
edit on 28-11-2012 by Slave2Fate because: (no reason given)

That looks oddly familiar for some reason...

Yes, this footage is of bugs. How anyone gets aliens from it is beyond me.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by booNyzarC

It should, I pretty much stole it from you.

It is a pretty definitive bit of evidence, the bugs from that video are identical in appearance to the 'Denver UFO'.

edit on 5-12-2012 by Slave2Fate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Slave2Fate

All good S2F!

Happy to see it getting use. There are several videos which offer great comparisons for this footage.

This will of course not have much impact on the most stalwart of ETH proponents, but oh well.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ilikestarz

VERY interesting! The speed of that thing...... That, and the fact that the news station got one on film, too, means there is something real going on. If not for the speed, I would say some really cool toy, but I don't know of any with that speed. The aerodynamics fellow didn't seem to think even aircraft can move that fast. All sorts of directions, too!

My first thought was that he faked the film, but with their confirmation, that seems highly unlikely. I think someone needs to get to that area, on the ground, and see what they can film there! Otherwise, I don't know what to think.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Couldn't watch the video, says I need a username and password

Try this. Go here - flash settings - and be sure the third party box is checked. Exit the browser, and then open back up, and see if that works. Had horrible issues with some videos, tried all sorts of things, but that finally worked. You can always reset it when done, too. Annoying, I know, but it might help.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Alright...seeing the bug theory floating around in the thread......don't think so, and this is why.

Watch the video again. Between 1:40-1:50, you can see one, slowed down, pass through a cloud. Later, at around 2:30, you can clearly see that object pass into the trees. In neither case could a bug look that way. So, this isn't bugs.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
I do have one question, and I'm certain some legit news media does read ATS:

Q: Why was the anonymous guy filming this area?

It appears random and without notable cause to film this particular residential area.

That's a valid question, but I have one possible answer. I am kind of a nut with my camera. Pictures of all sorts of things, from pretty skies, to birds and bugs, to people, to scenery. I have even done little clips of wind in the trees. Maybe he does something similar? I would guess that he went up there to film over the town, saw this, and decided to see if it happened again. I know, sounds random, but I have DONE random videos, so it is possible. Why do I do them? One reason is I like little clips to use in YT stuff. I also have kids that want to put together fun videos, so I try and collect little filler shots. Lots of reasons someone could be filming there.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Obviously a market for R/C helis,quadcopters,R/C blimps in the area or why put a R/c hobby shop nearby, and a good place to fly them, all in spitting distance from the alleged sighting

edit on 9-11-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

Interesting......still, with that speed, if it's a toy, it's one like I have never seen! If it's a toy, though, would the company selling them not come forward and say so? That news story would be great advertising!!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I can understand that if you're camera-crazy (I was too when I got started).

Though here we are, three weeks later, and nothing. I've read some of the replies and while "bugs" is the predominant popular thought, can we get some FACTS already and close this chapter.

This is Denver, not Mars. If I lived there you can be sure I'd take a day trip to see what's going on - with my camera and I chalk it up to outdoors time.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I can understand that if you're camera-crazy (I was too when I got started).

Though here we are, three weeks later, and nothing. I've read some of the replies and while "bugs" is the predominant popular thought, can we get some FACTS already and close this chapter.

This is Denver, not Mars. If I lived there you can be sure I'd take a day trip to see what's going on - with my camera and I chalk it up to outdoors time.

I have always been camera crazy.
Yeah, if I was closer, I would definitely be checking it out myself! I still don't say bugs, though, because you can see something drop behind the trees, and at one point, one of the things goes through a cloud. That would seem to rule bugs out as possibilities. I think someone posted that they are close, though, so maybe we can get more information.

Wouldn't you think the news crews would do a follow-up, though? Head to the streets in question themselves, see what they could see? Even if it was something mundane, people would watch the solution.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Alright...seeing the bug theory floating around in the thread......don't think so, and this is why.

Watch the video again. Between 1:40-1:50, you can see one, slowed down, pass through a cloud. Later, at around 2:30, you can clearly see that object pass into the trees. In neither case could a bug look that way. So, this isn't bugs.

How did you make the determination that it was passing through a cloud and passing into the trees? It just as easily could be blending in with the background in those moments of the footage.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

So my question remains, why no follow up videos?

Perhaps the perpetrators (TPTB, BlackOps, hoaxers, RC-hobbyists, insects, or Aliens themselves) didn't want any more publicity and found less scrutiny to buzz around someplace else...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I finally got the opportunity to watch the video. It's stated that these ufo's are apparently flying in the area a couple times a week, between 12-1pm. It seems that that proper cameras and technology could identify once and for all exactly what this is.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by booNyzarC

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

How did you make the determination that it was passing through a cloud and passing into the trees? It just as easily could be blending in with the background in those moments of the footage.

You can see that happen in the video. When the cloud is in front of the object at one point, then the object is clear, it's pretty certain the object passed through the could. Check the video, at those points, and be ready to pause. Same for the trees. The object is falling, then behind the trees. Putting the video on full screen could help. I am not saying these are some alien craft, but they are, by definition, "UFOs", because all that means is "unidentified flying object". These things are flying, and we don't know what they are. I am fairly confident that they are not bugs. Toys, maybe. Secretly tested drones, maybe. Not bugs.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ABFriend7

email me, we need to talk, you are not supposed to expose, if it be true who you are, random string of words hatred, death, famine, war, pestilence, justice, creation, linen, www.minwlinen.weebly.com, etc.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join