It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, another four years. What will you do now.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well, to start off I won't be expanding my business.Why not? Because I really don't have any incentive and Obama is out there sure to take it away from me anyway. That's about 50 or so jobs that won't be created. I'm not the only one. You will notice what has happened to the stock market today. I suspect there will be another recession. Guess I'll hunker down and try to get through the next 4 very painful years. This is not a good time and it's going to get worse. I'm glad I'm older and just about done. If I were younger and just strating out and knew what I know I would consider suicide.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

People actually believe this.
In 2012, people believe this.
[Citation Needed]

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sh4d0wm0s3s

People actually believe this.
In 2012, people believe this.
[Citation Needed]

she seems to believe it, and the crowd behind her..

This is how he got another 4 years..

this is to easy...

Only a jackass will argue about this....

yea its 2012...

I know not all Obama, supporters are like this, but a majority are man...

lets see Obama, got another 4 years, looks like I will be buying phones for Obama, Lemmings...

edit on 7-11-2012 by MaurinQuina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Pretty much what I've been doing for my whole life.

I work, I exercise, I read books, I spend time with my family.

How does the President actually affect me? Not much.

I enjoyed the last 4 years, in fact I prospered, and I expect to continue enjoying my life.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Not to be an alarmist. I guess it just hasn't sunk in. Things are going to change pretty radically over the next two years. Obamacare ... Anyone heard of it? Anyone looked into it?
It's not a future issue any more. It will be making major changes for anyone in small business or the medical field. Big business isn't immune either.

Oh wait,
I get it.
Obamacare is just a conspiracy.
Only people in tinfoil hats and straight jackets believe it will cost them anything.
Right?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Continue working
Going to college

and doing the same things & following the goals I set.

Blaming the president is just an excuse for your own personal failures. You either have a good business plan or you don't.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You should really stop trying to blame the President.

For small businesses: “There’s no obligation with this act for any employer to offer health insurance,” Bard explains. “And there never has been.”

The ACA’s opponents claim that the law will stifle innovation by putting onerous requirements on small businesses. In fact, the opposite is true– while the law does not require businesses to offer health insurance to employees, it does create tax credits for companies with fewer than 50 people to help pay for insurance, which along with other measures should make it easier and more affordable for start-ups to attract and retain talent. In 2014, companies with fewer than 100 employees will be able to shop for insurance on exchanges to search for better choices and lower costs.

The law does contain provisions that companies with more than 50 employees may have to make a “shared responsibility payment” if their employees receive tax credits to pay for personal insurance because there is no opportunity to enroll in a company plan.

Link

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

what a load of crock.

do you think donald trump just sold off all his assets and stopped construction on his projects because obama was re-elected.

do you think he's crying like a baby at his desk telling his subordinates to cancel trump tower 10 because "he doesn't know what to do."

what do you think mitt would have done for you. talk to the bank manager to loan you money. or maybe he'd take the sunday off and drive around town looking for office space to rent with you.

maybe you can catch a basketball game later on.

nah, i think he'll just call you the 47%.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by badgerprints

what a load of crock.

do you think donald trump just sold off all his assets and

I don't recall trump or any millionaires/ billionaires being brought up.
I don't think Mitt would have done anything useful besides
Rescind about 5 dozen of the 130 + executive orders that Obama signed.
I don't blame Obama. I blame you and every person who put him back into office. See, Obama can't be blamed. He's a believer.
Most of the people that put him in for four more years are not. They are simply going along with the agenda.

For muse7 - thanks for the nice write up on benign Obamacare.
That's not quite accurate. It talks programs but doesn't address 2000+ pages of fine print.
It cost me $1500 to get projections and planning from a professional. His conclusion was this.
Keep your job. Cash out of your bonds. Circle the wagons and don't carry a single employee that you don't have to have.
Outsource everything and good luck.

I'm no expert but the one I paid gets more credibility from me than a sound bite or half page of political prospectus.
Hey, I'm not saying a thing about Barry. It's ancient history and coming. Like it or not.
He won!
You won!
Be happy.
But don't expect the real world to stop just because some people don't believe the pro obama propaganda.

edit on 7-11-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I am curious. How many employees do you have? How many do you wish to expand to?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So, another four years. What will you do now?

I'm going to sit back and watch the real Obama emerge. I want to see the Obama who told Putin he'd have more room to maneuver after the election. What's he going to do with that power?

Who is Barack Obama really? We're going to find out. I wonder how much it's going to cost this time.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero
So, another four years. What will you do now?

I'm going to sit back and watch the real Obama emerge. I want to see the Obama who told Putin he'd have more room to maneuver after the election. What's he going to do with that power?

Who is Barack Obama really? We're going to find out. I wonder how much it's going to cost this time.

Well put.
I am very concerned myself.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Oh that's a fantastic attitude:

"Whelp, looks like my profits are going to be cut into if I hire Americans. Screw America, I'm movin my business to the third-world where I can hire me some slaves and make a few bucks!"

That's disgusting.

But as a side note, the new hot place to hire slave wagers is Indonesia. India is starting to request actual fair wages for their employees.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I am going to stay up here in Canada-dont need the US. Please call if you need any backbacon, or oil

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rlrsar

If you really believe it's going to get way worse then shouldn't you stock up before hyper-inflation and your money doesn't get you as much?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Well, honestly, President Mittens, President Babama, doesn't make a #ing difference really....

Sorry, just post-election depression and rage, had the same thing happen last year.

edit on Wed, 07 Nov 2012 06:32:07 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

It may have been better with a President Mittens.

Something we will never know.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MaurinQuina

yea its 2012...
I know not all Obama, supporters are like this, but a majority are man...
lets see Obama, got another 4 years, looks like I will be buying phones for Obama, Lemmings...

No it looks like you should check the facts before someone labels you a lemming:

The president has no direct impact on the program, and one could hardly call these devices "Obama Phones," as the e-mail author does. This specific program, SafeLink, started under President George Bush, with grants from an independent company created under President Bill Clinton, which was a legacy of an act passed under President Franklin Roosevelt, which was influenced by an agreement reached between telecommunications companies and the administration of President Woodrow Wilson.

SafeLink is run by a subsidiary of América Móvil, the world’s fourth largest wireless company in terms of subscribers, but it is not paid for directly by the company. Nor is it paid for with "tax payer money," as the e-mail claims. Rather, it is funded through the Universal Service Fund, which is administered by the Universal Service Administrative Company, an independent, not-for-profit corporation set up by the Federal Communications Commission. The USF is sustained by contributions from telecommunications companies such as "long distance companies, local telephone companies, wireless telephone companies, paging companies, and payphone providers." The companies often charge customers to fund their contributions in the form of a universal service fee you might see on your monthly phone bill. The fund is then parceled out to companies, such as América Móvil, that create programs, such as SafeLink, to provide telecommunications service to rural areas and low-income households

www.factcheck.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
Oh that's a fantastic attitude:

"Whelp, looks like my profits are going to be cut into if I hire Americans. Screw America, I'm movin my business to the third-world where I can hire me some slaves and make a few bucks!"

That's disgusting.

But as a side note, the new hot place to hire slave wagers is Indonesia. India is starting to request actual fair wages for their employees.

Ah,
Did you read the OP?
The bottom line won't work.
Not for the first year. Not by the fifth.
It cannot happen.
Numbers do not give a damn about what you think is disgusting.

I don't get to hire ANYBODY now. It would break the budget and the business would not survive.

As far as outsourcing goes. I'm talking about outsourcing to drop shippers and having parts jobbed out as batch work. It would be hhheeerrree, iinnn Aaaammmmmeeerrrrriiicccaaahhhh.

Just not done by employees.

Am I not saying it right???

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rlrsar
Sell all stocks in my IRA, we are doomed to fall back into another deep recession. Hunker down and not buy anything for the next few months to see just how bad the economy gets.

Actually I dumped my stocks two days ago, was a good move with the 300+ drop today...I'm thinking 500 tomorrow, going to sit on my cash for a while I think.

I'm doing nothing at all. I'm upper middle class and so I'm bullet proof from Obama. I can afford 7 dollar gas, and if my living expenses double I can handle it quite well. I'm 52 so I really don't give a crap about 20 trillion that our kids will never pay off...

People might say I have a bad attitude, but then I didn't vote Obama into office...

edit on 7-11-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
What will I do?

I'm going to build a house in the country, ( all solar and other free electricity/well water so I will have no future bills), buy more guns, buy more fishing equipment, perhaps a boat,grow my own food and medicine, rent my two houses in New Orleans, and run an electronic cigarette and electric bike business from my home in the country..

I'll be self sustained and far enough away from the madness of politics. I will advocate anti government in the form of self sustaining living away from the rat race. You can't get burned if you don't put yourself in the fire.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join