It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, another four years. What will you do now.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I know what you mean about the taxes. For the first few years I was in the flooring business I had no idea. Then, since I am great with the computer, I took over doing the books. I was floored. It really is insane, between keeping up on taxes, workman's comp, liability insurance, vehicle insurance, theft insurance. It's pure insanity, without all that overhead, I would be a millionaire in ten years

edit on Wed, 07 Nov 2012 08:20:47 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Some might see it as sour grapes here but it's just a question. What will you do now? Obamacare will keep any startups without big money from flying if you need employees. My financial planner ( a good investment specifically for the purpose of setting up the business) has been through the hoops on this. The fact is that Obamacare precludes my start up without a big stack of money on the table to start and it cuts into profit margins to the point I'd be in the red even after five years of reasonable expectations.
It's just not feasible.

I have learned that my present employer is divesting several employees and dropping two product lines as they are a net loss after this year. We won't be hiring a lab and design employee which I had hoped to get fresh out of college and teach our systems but that's not happening. The good thing is that I have guaranteed overtime for the next four years.
The point being that I will be changing my future plans based on Obamacare and the cost of having employees. I will be looking into another business venture with outsourced supply and product. I will outsource pretty much everything and run the rest myself. My previous plan was to manufacture specialty parts and have a small facility with 3 employees to start.
I'm changing my plans based on the present situation. Not at all unreasonable.
edit on 7-11-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Quit working and go on welfare. Get my bammy phone, free health care, free food, free housing. The majority of this nation just endorsed this lifestyle. Why should I fund them? Take the next four off, get a free college education and let my kids and their kids pay for it all.

Remember when you get all this you will have to give up where you live now and change your
perspective on life. Your " Bammy phone" will not work in most areas and you only get a about 200 minutes of airtime a month. Free housing is only available to those who are disabled or seniors. Section 8 is probably what you would qualify for which means where you live will probably have rodents and roaches and need a
lot of repairs. You probably should sell or hide your computer since you will worried about anything valuable in your home every time you leave. Forget the computer unless you take the money that is allotted for toilet paper or non food items you will not be able to afford the internet. If you are not a senior or disabled you must go to work. There are centers that will watch your kids, doesn't cost that much. If you are a college kid you must work 20 hours a week to receive any assistance besides tuition. While you are in college your federal grants will not fully cover your tuition and books due to the rising cost in education. Since you are poor your interest on student loans will be astronomical. On that free healthcare Medicaid does not cover dental unless you are getting your teeth pulled plus you still have a deductable to pay for your medical treatment. Free Food, yeah you will probably qualify for food stamps but since you now live in " the hood" food cost will be higher and the quality subpar as most major food chains are not in your neighborhood. On the positive side you will have plenty of liquor stores and fast food chains close by. Also you will pay more taxes for other things besides food since taxes are generally higher in urban areas. If you have a car you can save a little money by shopping in the suburbs where people will look at you with disgust when you whip out that EBT card. Bet of all because you are poor you and your children will be blamed for all that's wrong in America. Good luck with your new life.
edit on 7-11-2012 by FreebirdGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

That is not all, the same is going on in small businesses around the nation, in my neck of the woods small businesses will not be able to afford employees with the health care scam.

Still I have to warn you, don't even think that January is a new start as 1 million government employees from contracting firms will be lay off due to the defense budget cuts.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl

Free housing is only available to those who are disabled or seniors. Section 8 is probably what you would qualify for which means where you live will probably have rodents and roaches and need a
lot of repairs.

Not in the state I reside in. Section 8 is very nice and usually downtown in 5-8 year old buildings that are extremely nice.
There are apartments as well, that I found when we first moved here, and they were new and extremely nice. Funny thing as most of the vehicles parked there, belonging to residents, were of the higher end, all decked out.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Ugh,

Have been informed that my present insurance will likely be changed by the end of 2013. Projection is that we will be using the government system by end of 2014. Bare minimums at best. A company of 60 people will not be able to afford the taxes and increases on our present insurance plan.

Not surprised but I am bummed out. I did enjoy being able to afford my podiatrist.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
We are preparing for 4 more years of economic misery and depression. Stockpiling necessities as much as possible since money will continue to be worth less. Not take any drastic risks with our investments. Basically be as safe as possible.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm going to go eat my cereal. I make my money selling crochet, singing and crappy art. Nothing changes for me, people are buying it no matter who is in office.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
My Brother has 26 servers located at Softlayer in Texas.

He has been on the phone and in e-mail all morning getting it together for a mass migration away from the USA and into another data center with no USA affiliation.

I would venture to guess he is not the only one moving away from anything attached to the USA.

Good luck America, you are going to need it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well, I'm going down to the Piggly Wiggly and I'm gonna get me a couple bags of fritos and a dozen of those plump-when-ya-cook-'em hot doggers and plunk my fat caboose down in front of my computer and wait for the eventual stories on how, upon second look, the economic numbers posted in September and October need to be 'adjusted' for some strange reason, and watch the employement numbers get adjusted for some other obscure reason and watch the easing programs get expanded to try and jump-start the carcass that is our economy and generally sit around waiting for the other shoe to fall because we've all been drinkin' the Kool Aid, sniffing the sanitized piles of bullcrap the media's been feeding us for the past twelve months and pretty much become oblivoius to the obvious fact that nothing much has changed really in the past four years and based on that experience, nothing much is going to change in the next four other than we keep feedin' the machine with our every breaths and wait for the next generation to take over from us when we inevitably expire.

Face it . . . Our economic system was not designed with the general population in mind.

Ain't nothin' changin' folks.

Never really has.

Never really will.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by morethanyou

My Brother has 26 servers located at Softlayer in Texas.

He has been on the phone and in e-mail all morning getting it together for a mass migration away from the USA and into another data center with no USA affiliation.

I would venture to guess he is not the only one moving away from anything attached to the USA.

Good luck America, you are going to need it.

Yes,
Not to be Biblical or anything but I think future history books may refer to this second term as "The Exodus".
I think India will do well over the next four years. Lots of outsourcing is going to be to there.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl

Free housing is only available to those who are disabled or seniors. Section 8 is probably what you would qualify for which means where you live will probably have rodents and roaches and need a
lot of repairs.

Not in the state I reside in. Section 8 is very nice and usually downtown in 5-8 year old buildings that are extremely nice.
There are apartments as well, that I found when we first moved here, and they were new and extremely nice. Funny thing as most of the vehicles parked there, belonging to residents, were of the higher end, all decked out.

What state is this? Where I live low income housing looks scary.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Not to be Biblical or anything but I think future history books may refer to this second term as "The Exodus".

Depends on who writes the history books. That's always been our biggest problem.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
OK.
Obama wins and America gets what it voted for.
What will you do now?

I'm looking at a folder of papers with a five year business plan sitting in it.
It's pretty much useless now. I won't be able to afford even one employee.
I can keep my job and maybe work the business as a side job but it would be nearly impossible in the evenings and on the weekends by myself.

Being an employee sucks but it's better than being totally broke.

I guess I can start a different kind of business but I don't know what it would be.

At least I have a good paying job. It's safe because my employer won't be hiring anybody else now. Lots of overtime instead of adding employees.

Four more years......

As someone who is under sequestration--the so-called "fiscal cliff"--the odds of me keeping my job (after 18 years) just got significantly better. So I'd have to say I'm pretty happy at the moment.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Benjamin Franklin, "Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic."

I've heard this quite a few times and it makes sense but what about the opposite we're seeing today? Congress is voting themselves pay raises with our money while the economy is in the tank. You can't blame someone who wants his money back from the government instead of putting it in some politicians pocket.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thov420

I don't disagree. But, that way of thinking for Congress was not how the job(s) were created.
They were filled by volunteers that weren't in it for money, a lifetime of health insurance and huge pensions.
They should not be getting these thing, as it is on the backs of the tax payer.
Nor should people be able to vote themselves money and stuff.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

So, another four years. What will you do now.

Just hang in there. Its only 42 days (or less) to go now before all this crap becomes history.

i understand that this is a rumour. However, if Obama now discloses the existence of aliens who then hand out ..

1) Cheap technology
2) Free energy
3) Re-destribute wealth to everyone equally throwing the winging ultra-rich into their own FEMA camps

If this happens, things will get much better for the many John & Jane Doe's out there who have lost everything.

If this scenario happens, ask yourself; 'is this what many in the USA military wanted to stop ?'.
Is this why there has been much talk of a military takeover recently if Obama is re-elected ?

Thank you for this post, I
especially at the FEMA camp part!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Find Jesus, pray to be saved.
2nd

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
OK.
Obama wins and America gets what it voted for.
What will you do now?

Same thing we do every night Pinky. Try and take over the world!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I will continue to do what I have been trying to do for quite some time. I will not worry about the problems I can't control, I will continue to work hard to provide for my family, & I will continue to support Barrack Obama.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join