It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, another four years. What will you do now.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

I started doing that in 1999, people been telling me that forever now

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

So, another four years. What will you do now.

Just hang in there. Its only 42 days (or less) to go now before all this crap becomes history.

i understand that this is a rumour. However, if Obama now discloses the existence of aliens who then hand out ..

1) Cheap technology
2) Free energy
3) Re-destribute wealth to everyone equally throwing the winging ultra-rich into their own FEMA camps

If this happens, things will get much better for the many John & Jane Doe's out there who have lost everything.

If this scenario happens, ask yourself; 'is this what many in the USA military wanted to stop ?'.
Is this why there has been much talk of a military takeover recently if Obama is re-elected ?

military takeover?? really? you mean like in banana republics or third world nations? so if a democrat is elected you want to have a military coup, but if a republican was elected the military would be ok with that, that is your answer to insure the freedom of america?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I had my own company for 10yrs. When Wall Street tanked the economy bankruptcies took most of my clients and crippled the rest. Had the government kept a leash on Wall Street I might have been spared. After almost 3yrs of being unemployed and almost losing my house I was recruited by a large, privately owned company. It's owned by a die-hard Republican but we have been hiring and growing year-over-year all through the economic armegeddon. Not a peep about all this Obama makes it impossible to hire crap.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
I have to say that this Obama reelection will probably not affect my business, but it`s terrible for people trying to start one and live by their own forces.

I wish you the best of luck in your enterprise, or in your job right now.

Yes, there are some decisions I am going to have to make in the next couple of months. I am self-employed.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

reading comprehension. It may be not be sane, but it is saying they wanted to stop obama from disclosing aliens, and aliens coming to the rescue and all that. Why so political?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
OK.
Obama wins and America gets what it voted for.
What will you do now?

I'm looking at a folder of papers with a five year business plan sitting in it.
It's pretty much useless now. I won't be able to afford even one employee.
I can keep my job and maybe work the business as a side job but it would be nearly impossible in the evenings and on the weekends by myself.

Being an employee sucks but it's better than being totally broke.

I guess I can start a different kind of business but I don't know what it would be.

At least I have a good paying job. It's safe because my employer won't be hiring anybody else now. Lots of overtime instead of adding employees.

Four more years......
edit on 7-11-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

This is ridiculous.

What concrete plan did Romney give that gave you the confidence to have that business plan, what has now changed? Where is your personal responsibility? How can you claim to be all about the personal responsibility of individuals, and then blame government for your own failings? It's either a good business model or it isn't, you can't blame the person leading the country for your own failure.

And how does this change your life in any way that it wasn't going to change already? Did you have a personal deal with Romney that he'd fund your business if he won or something? I guess people just need someone to blame for everything, and Obama is responsible for your failed business plan as well as everything else that's wrong in the world.

It's funny to see some of the responses in here today, this is really exposing the extremism in the right wing. And it also exposes why Romney failed.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The place I work for has showed a net growth of 20% in business each year for the last four years. And they are also hiring.

Can I say I am better off now than I was 4 years ago? Absolutely.

It's time for American business owners to invest in our future instead of being "Uncertain" That's business people, business is risk and reward. If you're too scared to do business, you will fail.

We need to start building things in this country again. We need every small business to hire 2 people. This is what is going to get this economy growing again.

Not be scared about tax rates.

I will continue to work hard and earn more money, taking risks and seeking out better opportunities.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Why cant you afford to hire anyone? Doesnt add up so far... If this is health care then you could hire part time even and still get by.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Why don't you start a business? Try and make America better.

Originally posted by Resurected

Why cant you afford to hire anyone? Doesnt add up so far... If this is health care then you could hire part time even and still get by.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

OK.
What will you do now?

I can keep my job and maybe work the business as a side job but it would be nearly impossible in the evenings and on the weekends by myself.

I guess I can start a different kind of business but I don't know what it would be.

At least I have a good paying job. It's safe because my employer won't be hiring anybody else now. Lots of overtime instead of adding employees.

Four more years......

What am I going to do? I am going to be an American. I am going to do my best. I refuse to give up and give in. I refuse to let doubt and worry and despair keep me from enjoying my life and my family.

I am self employed and from where I have been for the last few weeks, things are looking up. I am seeing more work to bid and I have secured a multi month project for me and my associates (associates, not employees)

It is what it is. It's time to stop trying to de-legitimize this man and accept the fact that this is who our fellow countrymen have chosen. It's time to work together to do whatever we can as individuals and a group to get things moving back up the scale.

If you, OP, were planning on starting a business, then don't you dare let someone else stop you. You just have to work with the tools you have and make the best of it. Giving up before you even start is worse than starting and failing. Remember, you only fail when you stop trying.
edit on 11/7/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
What will I do?

I will read 10,000 birther threads and 12,000 Obama is killing the country threads.

I will laugh throughout each one of those threads as the country slowly heals.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

OK.
What will you do now?

Four more years......

There are no reasons why Obama being President should stop you from starting a business.

If you are suggesting Obamacare is stopping you, then I have to call foul, because I don't know any business that goes from start up to 50+ full time employees in 5 years. And unless you have 50+ full time employees, Obamacare shouldn't be a factor in your deciding. And if you do think you will have 50+ employees, your business should be doing so well that again you shouldn't care.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Pray that the Mayans are right?
Get on board with Bill Gates and the Georgia guide-stones?

edit on 11/7/2012 by GunzCoty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Listen to the same BS the world have for the last 10 years...

2nd and congratulions America.......

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Quit working and go on welfare. Get my bammy phone, free health care, free food, free housing. The majority of this nation just endorsed this lifestyle. Why should I fund them? Take the next four off, get a free college education and let my kids and their kids pay for it all.

That truly is the sad state of affairs.
0bama wins on the promise to take from the haves and give it to the have not's.

Any party up against one that promises Govt handouts and freebies will not win.

Benjamin Franklin, "Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic."

We as a nation are Doomed and I guess we get the Govt we deserve.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
What will I do?

I will read 10,000 birther threads and 12,000 Obama is killing the country threads.

I will laugh throughout each one of those threads as the country slowly heals.

Start slashing your debt and then I will believe the USA is on the road to recovery... Apart from that, keep dreaming homie.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Higher taxes, more regulations and an increase of Govt mandates is the reason why.
Cry foul all you want. Too bad it is the truth.
There are MANY businesses that were waiting on this election to decide if they would expand or not.
The election has shown them the choice is not to expand. Very simple really.

I do love how people here, that really show they don't operate a business by interjecting with retorts as if they do run a business, or the business from the OP. That really is the true character of Liberals. Always thinking they know what is best for others, and then forcing them to agree and operate as such.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I own a business, I'll be expanding the next year, I was doing this regardless of who was going to be President.

You are suggesting people make business decisions on assumptions and phantom legislation, I think that is the absolute wrong approach.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I am going to sit down and watch out how the American people are so oblivious of what is going on, just like Bush Jr, in his second term gave away to pay out his private interest that invested in his politics, Obama been a Muslim will now give away to his personal ideology, the muslim brothehood is already celebrating Obamas victory.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

I guess it really all depends what business you are in.
If you can expend by using part time, contractors and out sourcing, then more power to you. That truly benefits the business owner, and not so much the person trying to get work. Maybe that would be a good thing, having more people becoming 1099 contractors, as they will see throughout the year just how much taxes are sucked away from them to provide the Govt to give to those that don't work.

I work with thousands of businesses in my job, and I see how they are expanding. They are using Govt dollars, hiring part time and contracting out. I do also see where the flip side business is preparing to cut jobs, cut benefits or close their doors, as they are seeing their overhead costs going through the roof over the next year.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join