It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Claims of "Alien Spaceships to Attack Earth in November 2012??" ...a bit odd

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

It has no place in the UFO forum! THESE are the kinds of thread that have ruined this forum! You might as well have linked to the National Enquirer. WWN is not a good source and anyone who takes this subject seriously knows it! Anyone who wants to entertain this can go to the hoax bin and read other threads from the same source on the same subject. This isn't the first time they've claimed aliens are invading in November.

Mods can this be moved to HOAX now?!?!

Aliens to attack earth on November....

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by Just Chris
3 valid points that make this claim ridiculous:

1. SETI would never claim something so preposterous unless they were 100% correct on this.

2. This is World Weekly News we're talking about...the top dogs when it comes to bull****ting!

3. The OP is PurpleChiten, this explains a lot!

Hey now, I've always been nice to you!

Whew, these people can't even look at what is said. I mean I clearly pointed out that it was a claim and that I don't buy into it and that I wanted to have a discussion about possibilities of alien life. I just threw a little humor in as an ice breaker and they all go berserk

I keep forgetting that ATS is a cross-section of the general public and what we find in the general public, we also find here

I'm only kidding pal, you know I love you really!

Yeah to be fair you did said you didn't buy it, still a load of nonsense never-the-less!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I didn't consider this to be crazy for the UFO forum in the way it was presented. You should see some of the crazy stuff that gets posted in the Science forum.... no basis in science whatsoever, no concept of how science even works, yet they just post away....

Only they seriously believe what they posted, they aren't using some hair brain idea to start a conversation, they actually think that's the way things work!!

Regardless, it's moved now, so some of you can be happy.... and you missed out on a good discussion by being attackful and vain instead of actually comprehending where the thread was going

"Congratulations"

The thread isn't the reason the UFO forum is treated the way it is, the reactions are the reason the forum is treated the way it is.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

The problem with having this kind of conversation - especially here at ATS - is the wannabe smartypants on this subject think they actually know something. They think it's all been discussed to death - and that somehow we have determined something

We know nothing - not for certain. Ball is still in the air as far as I'm concerned :-)

You're only crime is not delivering something that brings a solemn hush to the room and makes our hair all stand on end

Shame shame Chiten - UFOS are not funny :-)

So, do you feel that there are intelligent beings out there and how would they go about approaching us if they wished to do so?

I do - and I have no idea. But it's interesting to think about - I've always imagined it would be an anthropological approach

We don't like to think of ourselves as chimps or gorillas - we'd like to believe they'd see us as equals (those of us that don't think they'd see us as food or enemies)

But - I'm guessing the difference would be just that great - in a relative universe we might just be chimps. Or hamsters... :-)

I can't imagine they would launch a steller attack to "take us over" as they had the whole universe at their disposal. Why would they choose us for those purposes? I also feel that if they are of a higher intellect than we are, which they would have to be in order to achieve space travel to that extent, they wouldn't be interested in basic animalistic things such as "kill the weaker species" but would instead seek to nurture other cultures and help them to advance at their own rate.

I know they're out there

god knows what they are - but they're out there

I've been reading threads here for a while now - a few years. I've read a lot outside of ATS - been reading up on this subject for years. Thought about it - too much probably

Seems like we tend to create the aliens in our own image most of the time. Funny how that works :-)

Our personalities and sense of self determine how we imagine the possibility of other life out there in the universe - and our personal fears, needs and wishes steer our imaginations

Having said that - I personally agree with you :-)

They'll come in peace

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

simmer down

it's not a hoax - and if you'd bother to read at all - you'd see his only crime is trying to start a serious discussion that we've had many many times before

I for one am not tired of this particular conversation - and it belongs right where it is

edit on 11/4/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Very interesting points

I do think there's "something" out there, no idea what that something is. There is definitely a part of me that wants to imagine them as "humanoid". I guess that stems from our own ego. We like to think we're "heading in the right direction". We've come a long way and we still have a long way to go.

It won't be in our lifetime, but it will happen. I often wonder if other intelligent life will contact us in our lifetime or wait until a certain "evolutionary point" is reached. I think our minds are ready for it now and it may be the next step on our evolutionary ladder.

Not taking religion out of it at all, nothing said that Earth was the only world God created, so creation could still play a role. If it does play a role, then creation and evolution have gone hand in hand no matter how much the opposing sides would refute that. It may come down to whether it was actually "God" that created us, or if it was another lifeform that did... maybe "God" created them...

It can get very deep very quickly.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

simmer down

it's not a hoax - and if you'd bother to read at all - you'd see his only crime is trying to start a serious discussion that we've had many many times before

I for one am not tired of this particular conversation - and it belongs right where it is

They've already moved us to the "skunkworks" bin.... I guess you and I (and maybe a few others) are the only ones who can comprehend what is being said

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

it's a shame

so much for open minded discussion - the pics or it didn't happen crowd wins again

Meantime - there are a lot of people out there who would like to discuss this and not be afraid to talk about it from their point of view - in a forum that doesn't treat 'amateur' opinions like a joke

I guess we'll just have to have the conversation here - though I would hope someone with common sense might recognize that the UFO forum is absolutely littered with things less serious than this - and move it back where it belongs

:-)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Claim made by a tabloid website:
Alien Spaceships to Attack Earth in November 2012!

Just saw this on a site. Now I can't say that I believe it, but this is what's trending for now

Three giant alien spaceships are again heading for Earth! Scientists predict the new ships will arrive in November of 2012.

UFO encounters continue to increase – as documented on WWN. And today scientists at SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence), an independent non-commercial organization, made a major announcement:

“Three giant spaceships are heading toward Earth. The largest one of them is 200 miles wide. Two others are slightly smaller. At present, the objects are just moving past Jupiter. Judging by their speed, they should be on Earth by the fall of 2012,” said John Malley, the lead extraterrestrial expert at SETI.

Three similar giant ships landed in China and the Indonesia Sea in November, 2011. They were identified as alien spaceships from Planet Gootan. Three more giant Gootan ships are headed her for November, 2012.

ETA: I am not supportive of the article or the website, but do want to open up dialogue concerning the possibility of other life in the universe

edit on 4-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

I think I read about it on another news site, like a major one, recently.
I think it may have been Reuters or something.
They talked about giant unidentified ships suddenly invading Asia.
I think the Russian and Chinese government along with the US are the ones who are shutting down the story.
I just got back from Europe two weeks ago and it seems like everyone is talking about this invasion.
It was then that I remembered hearing about it briefly before, and now this thread, so I don't know...

Edit:
Oh yeah, I remember what news site I saw it on, it wasn't Reuters it was the Onion.

Hope this helps!

edit on 4-11-2012 by DrGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

simmer down

Sorry DISAGREE! As someone who takes this subject seriously this is LAUGHABLE. It's from WWN! That is NOT a reliable source for heavens sake. This is getting ridiculous on here.

Serious discussion on what? Alien invasion? Then why not start a thread on that and not bring up something that is spewed every single year. Weren't they suppose to invade last November? Oh yea that's right it didn't happen so it's been move to this year.

If they wanted to discuss such topics they could have joined the dozen or so other threads on the topic. WWN is a trash tabloid NOT a reliable source for anything.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

How much more seriously than me do you take this subject?

Go ahead - put a number on it

You can't control the discussion mblahnikluver - not the content, the form or the direction

You made a mistake making a big deal out of this - and I think you owe Chiten an apology actually

And - as I mentioned - you didn't bother to read what he said or appreciate where he was going

But - let's forget all that - shall we?

Do you have anything to contribute here - as long as we're just goofing?

What form will our alien visitors take do you reckon?

And if they come - why will they come?

Or - is this not a serious enough question for you?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well i made a search if John Malley seti researcher has ever made any comments like this which this whole invasion episode had started, this babbling started sometime last year but didn´t find any evidence that this blaime took place... Instead i find this

We have to think what is HAARP really for, i remember last year there were a article in our newspaper of this same issue and SETI had found some radio waves somewhere near jupiter, but again nothing which backs this up.
edit on 4-11-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
as much as I'd really like to happen,
I just don't see it happening; was hoping more for December.

Maybe they are trying to beat the Christmas rush? I mean seriously, it would be pretty hard for a ground invasion force to operate effectively with all those shoppers and their bags in the way. Or maybe the invasion force is coming here to do early shopping and fix the retail sector's expected massive drop is sales?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Planet Gootan?

Unfortunately some fools will believe this.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well, it's better to have this invasion during November. Wouldn't want Santa to get shot down if it was in December

If a real event is published in a tabloid, it will never get the recognition it deserves. I wonder how much of the Enquirer stuff is real but lost it's credibility just by being published with a bunch of unbelievable stuff.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

simmer down

We are having a serious discussion...a discussion about how this story is BS and that this thread serves no purpose on ATS...especially after seeing a link to WWN.

Seriously?!?!

Edit: If SETI did find anything...then NASA would be the first to know.

Btw...if there was a true conspiracy, shouldn't there be actual EVIDENCE to back up and or support this topic of 3 spaceships heading for Earth? I haven't seen anyone do this yet. Hence why so far this is a waste of useful discussion time.
edit on 4-11-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It's Weekly World News...

Which means...

Bat Boy, Elvis, and Hitler's secret hermaphrodite love-child will team up to battle the aliens and make them leave before anything major happens. We'll be saved from the alien threat once again, so no need to worry.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Point me to a thread worthy of our attention

and then explain why that is - If it's not too much trouble

I'm guessing it is

Have the questions Chiten's asked been answered?

Or did you not bother to read either?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorpheusUSA
Weekly World News also brought you this:

Dick Cheney is a robot.

~Morpheus

I think you'll find there may be some truth to that

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Are you serious?

Although I would agree that all alien, UFO stories deserve a thread in this forum. Some stories could be true, right?. This clearly is not.
It's a hoax because its all made up. One member posted what SETI had to say about this.

It not only discredits the investigation in to ETs, but discredits ATS. Until I came here, I believed strongly in the possibility. Now I don't, and this thread is an example of why I've taken this stance.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join