It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Claims of "Alien Spaceships to Attack Earth in November 2012??" ...a bit odd

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Yeah okay.

Call me when they land.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
How does this happen?! Weekly World News? Awww come on!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Seriously, does anybody actually read what's written or just skim over it and look at links?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I've never been interested in UFOs, but it's been interesting looking through this thread.

ETA: I am not supportive of the article or the website, but do want to open up dialogue concerning the possibility of other life in the universe
I'm always up for a discussion, but I don't know how to participate in this case. Is other life possible? Sure, nearly anything's possible, but after that what can we say? It could have any appearance, any technology, any intent, live in any atmosphere.

How do you want us to discuss it without even the first fact about it? I'm not trying to be a wiseguy, but it seems like asking "What kinds of pets do the residents of Zebulkie IV have?" How would we know? What did you expect from us?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
www.seti.org...

Not that it needed disproving...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Charles - is that you?

Did you get off on the wrong floor? :-)

I've never been interested in UFOs, but it's been interesting looking through this thread.

It really is interesting - but not because of the UFOs

How do you want us to discuss it without even the first fact about it? I'm not trying to be a wiseguy, but it seems like asking "What kinds of pets do the residents of Zebulkie IV have?" How would we know? What did you expect from us?

Speculation - nothing more

(wiseguy)

:-)

edit on 11/4/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
LOL. This is such a joke. I really can't believe you posted this, Mods should move it to the "Jokes" forum. Probably should have been posted there in the first place.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

ETA: I am not supportive of the article or the website, but do want to open up dialogue concerning the possibility of other life in the universe

Finally! It's about time someone wanted to start talking about aliens on ATS!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Dear Spiramirabilis,

Yes, I'm afraid it's me. I was hoping you would protect me from both the aliens and the Earthlings.

It may be that I just don't have the right kind of mind for this. (What floor should I be on? I'll get back right away.)

Speculation is always fun, I have what I consider to be a large collection of science-fiction with dozens of alien races. For some reason, I spend a lot of time with them. I suppose I could describe those aliens, but I think I would just be pooping on someone's party.

Maybe we could make this collaborative fiction?

It really is interesting - but not because of the UFOs
"Correct as usual, King Friday." The posters do seem to be a little slow to catch on.

Do you want me to describe the pets on Zebulkie IV? I have to admit I'm a little lost, maybe I should just go back to solving the world's conflicts, finding the true God, and easing our social tensions. Might be easier.

Thanks a lot for the smiles.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I am a new member here and realize that it is part entertainment. But, why are posts like this even allowed! I, like many do believe in the "unknown" and look to be part of a serious group looking for actual facts and documentation. Please do not allow foolish people to demolish what is a fragile enviorment already!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Are you serious?
Weekly world news?! The site that claimed the FBI were after a boy who was half boy half bat!
If you want a reliable news source go to the onion (y)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I hope they attack but i know we aint that lucky! So dont hold your breaths.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

You gootan make this # up if you tried!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by grainofsand
Statement on SETI.org

NO Spaceships Headed for Earth
Has the SETI Institute discovered three objects en route to our world?

Alien spacecraft that will arrive in 2012? If you believe a widespread story now being circulated on the internet, you might think so. But it’s all nonsense – it’s a rumor, a hoax, and a fabrication that uncritical web sites have reprinted without checking.

...maybe there are spaceships on their way, maybe they're not - one thing is certain though, SETI aren't telling anyone that there are!

edit on 4-11-2012 by grainofsand because: their/they're error fixed lol

Thank you! Please move this to the hoax section..

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Does anyone remember the Pravda article from 2010 that claimed SETI picked up 3 spacecraft using the HAARP station? LOL. This may be the same hoax, although it is just being circulated once again. Definitely a hoax though, no doubt about it. Although I will say I have been to Gootan on one occasion, and I could see why the aliens would want to leave that hell-hole of a planet. Wait, maybe I haven't been there, since it doesn't exist. I was thinking of a state here on Earth...got confused.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
If they're the world's only reliable news, I guess we have no choice.
I wish you all good luck and stay safe.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I'm also hopping this gets moves to the hoax bin... but in the meanwhile I couldn't resist to provide you my contrary view point

I can't imagine they would launch a steller attack to "take us over" as they had the whole universe at their disposal.

This is a failed logic because it is restricted, the "aliens" can be from sol system or even from Earth we cover inter-dimentionals/time/reality travelers, any of those would suffice to put a larger bullseye on Earth.

Now if they are not bound to sol system then I have no real solution to answer to why they would be interested in us beyond us, ourselves, especially if sentient life is a rarity...

Why would they choose us for those purposes? I also feel that if they are of a higher intellect than we are, which they would have to be in order to achieve space travel to that extent, they wouldn't be interested in basic animalistic things such as "kill the weaker species" but would instead seek to nurture other cultures and help them to advance at their own rate.

There are many reasons why someone acts aggressively, we just need to look into nature and history. I do not believe that they need to have an higher intellect just a bit more of time.

Humans have not evolved much since the discovery of fire, probably the first or second technology (if we take tool use as a technological step), there has been very few evolutions and most of the ones that happened have been mostly self imposed and food related (cereals and mils for instance) other have been some adaptations to the environment. I do not believe that the early ages that we are witnessing arriving at puberty is natural but a dysfunctional response to "pollution".

So if we do not press for interstellar traveling the technological divide may be not be as great, we will be probably doing that in the next 500 years if we are still around.

Now as for the reasons it may nor be to exterminate us (even if I would take that as a good option if sentient life is not rare and we are some-sort of security concern), this occurs in nature a new species eliminates concurrents at the same level of the food chain (Hyenas vs Lions vs Cheetahs).

I think the best example to look at is how the worlds clashed with the discovery of the New World and the situation of the Native Americans, from simple extermination, slavery and acculturation this would probably be the result of meeting a more technologically evolved species (I do not buy the concept that higher technology requires higher morals or greater capacity for empathy, just the contrary, sadly there are more paths open to get higher technology by being aggressive and driven that contemplative and emotional).

Like nations today any "alien" species would not act toward others in altruism, they will only act in self interest, even at a lower level of tech. there are many interesting things we could provide them from cheap labor (slave race, if they cannot create their own that is possible we ourselves restrict technological development in that field but had (and to a point still have, only in disguise) of enslaving our fellow humans. Then there is the part that I (as an alien would be more interested), the culture and even technological achievements and evolutions of both, these will undoubtedly have some greater value (like we today pursue knowledge of medicinal plants, cultural artifacts and "new" methodologies from native people) not to mention the value in the biodiversity of the planet.

If the roles ever get reversed and we are the ones finding an alien civilization, you can pretty much imagine what fallows (seen Avatar
).

edit on 5-11-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join